Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Angel of Whispers

TzAvf2L.png
A wanderer returns.

Slowly entering the domicile of the Jedi Order, a simply robed petite figure cut a determined path across the orate floors. Each stride saw toned, red-tattooed legs push out from the robe, before disappearing again with each step forward. Their hood was down, covering deep black hair, ornate jewelry of her adopted home and further red tattoos running up her neck to cheek.

The woman beneath the robe was no longer the girl that had left to find healing among the Ashlan Crusade. Her journey had taken her beyond that realm, beyond healing and into the depths of space, beyond the Outer Rim. Departing the Crusade a knight, she had grown a master of the Force within the nexus of Force energy beyond the lights of the C'Bal nebula. A resolute calmness washed over all that stood along the hallowed halls of the ancient order, emanated from a soul that had twice known death of the body and once the death of her spirit. The pure innocence of light, or joy, that had once radiated and grown and flowered into a confidence and surety of purpose that the Knight before could have only dreamed.

A message had been sent ahead. She suspected that the recipient would have thought her dead, or enveloped by the dogma of Ashla by now. But one thing the Jedi knew is that her friend Valery Noble Valery Noble would be ready to greet her, and even perhaps have organized the assistance she indicated that was required. The meeting only need be short. Besides formalities, and the undoubted necessity and desire to embrace her dear friend, time was truly of the essence. She had already been gone too long.

The Jedi Master, Ala Quin, knew that every moment brought her beloved people closer to certain doom.

| Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Valery Noble |​

ProcessionalWay-Deceived.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Times have been difficult for Valery. Every opportunity she tried to take for some rest and relaxation was swiftly cut short by new problems in the Galaxy. The war was getting tense, a huge political issue had appeared on Denon, her Padawans required a lot of attention and she encountered the corrupted clone of her late husband again. It had made her extremely stressed, especially when her one day to get away from it all on Hapes was also disturbed.

But when she received a message from Ala Quin Ala Quin , none of that bothered her anymore.

She had never given in to the thought that her close friend could be dead, as she surely would have felt such a thing in the Force. But they still hadn't seen each other in a long time, so this was exactly the kind of good news she needed. It confirmed that the woman was doing alright, and of course, it gave them a chance to finally meet again.

With a quickened pace, Valery made her way down into the halls, passed by Knights and Padawans who she'd normally greet, but right now, she just wanted to reach her friend. When Valery finally spotted the familiar visage in the distance, she sped up even more until she closed the last few meters and tightly wrapped her arms around the woman who had rescued her from that stasis pod. The woman to who she owed everything.

"Hey, you..." Valery said, her voice already trembling a little while they hugged. "It has been too long."

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Wearing: xxx
Weapon: xxx x2
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Ala Quin Ala Quin

Judah knew from the events of the galaxy balance had been upset. The New Way attack on Coruscant had been the first of a series of events which had the Shadow on edge. His investigation into what happened on Coruscant was slow, seeming as though it had stalled, and no one could have been more frustrated about it than Judah. He should have never gone to the ball on Hapes. He had been certain of an attack with so many Jedi gathered. He had been wrong. The New Way had exposed them, and Judah could not get over how easily they had.

It was bothering him to the point he could no longer stay quiet about it. Judah had never been a traditional Jedi by any stretch of the imagination. His proclivity to sharing his opinion and boisterously disagreeing with the council publicly had ensured he would never sit on it. That did not mean he did not have the ear of the Sword. Valery Noble Valery Noble was his friend first, and she understood his need to vent at times. He could share his thoughts privately.

She was not in her usual location. Her presence seemed to be darting about the temple. When she finally came to a stand still, Judah was able to find her. Valery was not alone. Judah was not certain he recognized the person who was embracing the Master Jedi, but he could observe enough there was a deep bond of friendship between them as well. It would have been rude to interrupt them, so Judah waited.​

TzAvf2L.png
Despite the hood, Ala's smile was unmissable at the hearing of Valery's voice. She turned, no spun, about and launched herself into a full stretch, before jumping and wrapping her arms around her friends neck. For all the maturing that had occurred, Ala was still very much Ala. And being separated from her beloved friends for so long only exacerbated her need to express her love. "Ah, Val...it's....so good to see you," Ala said having not actually seen Valery yet due to the closed-eyes leap into her arms. A quick, peck on the cheek was given, before Ala released the hug, put her feet back on the floor and adjusted her shoulders to regain her composure.

"Not very....proper of me. Sorry....but I'm not sorry," Ala said, sparkling eyes showing only a hint of the seriousness that her meeting with Valery entailed.

"I heard about...your struggles...and your little bundle of joy," Ala said, her face evolving through various stages of grief, remorse and happiness, "if it were up to me, I would have been by your side at all of these moments. I am sorry that I could not be there, my friend, the Force-willed otherwise."

Looking just beyond Master Noble, Ala caught a glimpse of the other Jedi Master that had come to the meeting. "And...who might this be?" She said, face full of both intrigue, and coy interest.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery kept Ala hugged against herself so tightly that the woman's feet didn't drop an inch, and she wouldn't be able to reach the ground again until they both eased up a little. But first, Ala pecked her cheek, drawing a bright smile from Valery, who finally let her down again and looked into those familiar eyes. "No need to be sorry," Valery said with a smirk and slightly teary eyes. After everything that happened, and so long of not having seen each other, she couldn't help but be a little emotional.

"I know you would have been with me if you were able to, Ala." Valery extended her hand to place it on Ala's shoulder, and showed her understanding through her fiery gaze, "I hope your journey went well, and I'm very happy to see that you're doing well. You feel... different, but as bright as always."

Ala's gaze then shifted beyond Valery, who followed it and noticed Judah Lesan Judah Lesan not standing too far away. He had likely kept his distance to not disturb them, and she appreciated that. She needed this moment alone with her dear friend. "That's Judah Lesan, a Jedi Master and good friend of mine."

Valery looked at Judah and waved him over with a smile. "I'll introduce you."

When Judah inevitably made his way over, Valery gestured between them and spoke, "Ala, this is Judah. Judah, this is Ala Quin, a dear friend of mine and the Jedi who got me out of that stasis pod, so long ago."

Last edited:

blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Introductions were always something Judah seemed to be making in more frequency since arriving to the temple. Despite his commitment to the Jedi as of late, many still did not truly know who he was, nor did he know who was around the temple. There was a peace which came with that. Judah did not have to carry the burden of the popular, though his proximity to them often made him bear the responsibility which they delegated.

In this case it seemed to be a friendly exchange, even though Judah was getting the distinct feeling something was wrong. One look at the darker haired Jedi and Judah knew something was not right. Wherever she had come from, this was not a visit being made for the sake of catching up with old friends.

She seemed unique. Tattoos covered a good portion of her visible flesh, a thing Judah did not see among the Jedi often. They were cultural in their design, but Jidah could not place which planet or which people group they were attributed to. He was not always well versed in such things as Consular may have been, but the Shadow had come across many similar cultures during his time exploring the galaxy. One often had to blend in to remain in the shadows. It would be the best explanation for the runes Judah had etched into his forehead.

His head bowed to the woman as the introduction was made.

“Well met, Ala Quin,” he responded as he fixed his eyes on her for a moment.

“I did not mean to interrupt. I sense this was important. Perhaps I should come back at a later time?”

TzAvf2L.png
Despite the undiminished glimmer in Ala's eyes, she some how also conveyed a deep sadness for her friend, looping her arm in with Valery's Ala took to holding her hand in belated comfort. Even as Valery spoke the words of her story, Ala felt the depth of despair, but also the renewed hope within her friend.

"I wish I could say that my path has been easy, dear Valery," Ala said in a hushed tone, "the struggles have lead me here today to seek assistance in my endeavor."

Her attention, while still clinging to Valery, drifted to Master Lesan. The name seemed oddly familiar, but she dismissed it as a case of deja vu. Master Lesan was clearly a seasoned veteran of the Order. His presence here, though seemingly coincidental was anything but.

"The Force has willed you here, Master Lesan," Ala said with a soft smile, "I do not think that you are here accidentally. How could I feel this an interruption?"

A small squeeze of Valery's arm, led to her finally releasing her grip. Should their familiarity provide pause for Master Lesan to engage in the forthcoming conversation, Ala would be sure to remove such an obstacle.

"I come bearing a troublesome report. My journey has taken me beyond the edge of our galaxy. I have encountered...an aberration in the Force, one that I fear may soon spread beyond its initial confines."

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

The comfort her old friend provided was very much welcomed, even though she wasn't one to look for it all that much. There was just this bond between them that helped her get through even the most difficult times. But she was also glad that this meeting didn't linger there too long, and the arrival of Judah seemed to spark a shift to some other kind of problem. Valery glanced from Judah to Ala and listened to her with a frown.

Traveled beyond the Galaxy?

In her own time, it was believed to be impossible but she had already read about the Yuuzhan Vong and other events from outside the Galaxy. To hear something else out there was a potential threat... it brought a frown to her face. The Alliance and Jedi were already swamped with a war on two fronts, and now there was something else?

"What do you know about this aberration? How much time do we still have?"

blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah had never been one to put too much stock in destiny or the will of the force. He typically believed that one did as they saw fit and the galaxy was left to deal with the ripples of countless decisions. There were those who did what they did intentionally. Others simply made stupid choices that left consequences for everyone around them. Judah was not as concerned with the minor ripples in the galaxy, though the argument could be made they could get larger if unchecked. Judah’s concern was with those that had more immediate impact if they were not resolved.

In this instance, he was not sure he could argue with this Master Quinn about the will of the force or destiny. As she spoke of aberrations and dark things, Judah could not help but feel a pull to the question which had not been asked yet. Regardless of what his agenda had been, Judah knew he would be following Ala back to her planet.

“That does not sound good at all,” Judah said, always one to state the obvious.

It was not that he was a disrespectful person. Many of the other Jedi found his mannerisms to be rude, but Judah was always looking for ways to lighten otherwise heavy topics. He knew when to be serious, and Valery had seen him at his most serious at times. Levity was something everyone needed, and keeping a nonchalant attitude helped keep things from weighing too much.

He looked to Valery as her question was the apt question. What was known? They needed to know, but Judah was more concerned about something else.

“What do you need from us?”

TzAvf2L.png
Ala felt a calm wash over her. She still appreciated the readiness with which true Jedi jumped to the aide of others, and sought the bigger picture of how to help others. Judah and Valery were prime examples of what Jedi were meant to be.

"I do not know how much time we have, Valery. I need some help in deciphering its origin and controlling the local population...a Padawan, perhaps...also Knight or Master too."

The smile of appreciation was waylaid by a clear weight of burden in Ala's eyes. "I found a planet with the nexus of a the Force. A planet of eternal day. Eternal light. I have communed with tribes on the world. The only reason I was able to enter and then leave successfully is because this aberration has begun to darken the skies. Entrance through the aberration is possible. But if a place of pure Light Force energy can be corrupted..."

Ala shook her head in a brief moment of what looked like despair.

"It is not a darkness that is infecting the light. It is like the flame of the Light is just completely doused."

"They call it...the Na'ronga. Loosely translated. The absence."

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery listened to Ala with a growing frown — a Nexus pure of light or dark wasn't unheard of at all, but this was something different, and it was changing in ways that couldn't be explained. Normally, events with tremendous impact on the Galaxy had the ability to affect the alignment of a Nexus. The Caves of Dark and Light had once gone completely dark when the Jedi Order was almost entirely purged.

This time, however, there was no source that could easily be identified.

"That sounds very troubling," Valery finally commented after she snapped out of her thoughts. Her eyes then briefly shifted to Judah to see if he had any ideas, but this was likely going to require deeper investigation and more Jedi cooperating to solve the issue.

"I'll assign Jedi to help you with this problem, but I'm not quite sure who is available yet. But I promise that this will get addressed."

blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Okay that was not a little forbidding at all. Judah had heard everything Ala said. It was a force nexus, a lightside nexus by the sound of it. What troubled Judah was the word absence. It was being extinguished. This sounded like something for those who understood the mysteries of the force better than Judah. Other masters who devoted their lives to understanding its secrets needed to investigate, but something about what he heard drew the Jedi in.

He turned to Valery.

“I will go and look into this.”

It was something he had already decided, and he was not asking the Master for permission. He was telling her that he was leaving.

“I understand the bombing investigation is still ongoing, but I have left you with all my reports, and there are others who can finish this. Let the investigators handle it. We both know I will serve this better.”

His eyes turned back to Ala.

“I can be ready to leave with you within a day."

TzAvf2L.png
Gratitude was expressed with a warm smile and bow of her head. To have someone of Master Lesan's clear prowess within the order willing to attend to this matter was itself a relief, but for Valery to see the need to and be willing to assign Jedi to the cause...the Force truly was with them.

"Thank you Valery...Master Lesan," she said, adding just a slight tip of her head to the words.

There was much to fit in within the short time she would be on Coruscant. There were many people to see, supplies to refill and maybe just a dash of down time to meet Valery's daughter.

"Tomorrow at dawn then. We will depart when the Coruscant prime crests the horizon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom