Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public And Then There Were Two (Jedi Temple)

00a757b6d439cdbe0fb99cbfb03729bd.jpg

And Then There Were Two
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Open

Hey, Master Noble. I know this is probably a bad time given... recent events, but I didn't know who else to call. I have a brother. Well, sort of. He's another clone, same creator and everything. I've been looking into my origins a bit more recently. N-not for any emotional reasons though. I made peace with it already. Just curiosity. I ended up finding records of another surviving clone that I guess was stuck on ice and forgotten about, but some locals found him and took him in. I went to go meet him... but I was to late. W-well, he's still alive I mean, but the people who were caring for him... they didn't make it. A pirate raid burnt their village to the ground. The population was no more than fifteen from the looks of it. It was a mess, Master Noble. He's just a kid, seven from what he tells me. A piece of burning debris struck him across the face during the raid. I... think he might be blind. I-if you could bring Miss Amani when I get back, I'd appreciate it. He seems to be unharmed aside from that, but I want to be sure. He's... been through a lot. Sorry for sending this on short notice.

Appearance:
442745058cb9f24b73d7b743a875d1ef.jpg

Character Sheet

Jasper had found himself in strange scenarios before, but absolutely nothing had prepared him for this. The padawan had set off expecting very little to come of his journey to learn more about his creator. If you had told him he would be returning to the Jedi Temple with a traumatized kid brother, he would have thought it strangely specific, but likely impossible. Jasper felt rather guilty about the whole ordeal to top it off. If he had gone looking for answers just a few days ahead of time, he may have been able to save the kids eyes, and the boy might still have a normal place to call home. There was little that could be done about it now. As Jasper approached the steps of the temple, his brother was quick to follow, clinging on to his remaining left arm. His brother had warmed up to him pretty fast. Jasper assumed that it had to do with their similarity. Perhaps something force related. The boy seemed to be using Force Sight or something similar to begin making up for his lack of working eyes, which was pretty impressive given his lack of training. Aside from that, however, he seemed no more adept at the force than Jasper had at that age.

"Alright, Jalen," Jasper began, trying to come off as calm as he could, "This is it."

Jalen frowned, looking around blankly. The boy, of course, still couldn't exactly see what was in front of him, but he seemed to be noticing something through the force.

"Th-there are a lot of people here," Jalen stammered nervously. "I-I don't know about this."

He can see people, Jasper noted in his head. Structures maybe not, but he seemed to be quick at identifying organics.

"Don't worry," the padawan assured him. "These are good people."

Even so, Jasper had a lot of uncertainties spinning around his head. They were indeed good people, but the duelist had no clue if they could even help him. As a padawan, he wasn't exactly equipped to take care of his newly found brother. That wasn't even mentioning his complete inexperience with children. He wasn't prepared for any of it, a fact that Jasper was well aware of. Given what Master Noble was going through at the moment, he didn't know if it was responsible for him to ask for help, but he couldn't think of anyone else who could help him. The other masters were definitely... questionable when it came to children. Hopefully she was in a good enough headspace to at least help Jasper figure out what he was going to do.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys

It didn't matter that she was going through difficult times.

When she received the message from Jasper, she had sent one in return almost immediately to let him know he could meet her at the Temple. He was aware of the loss she was trying to process, and even mentioned it in his message. While she respected that a great deal, she'd never allow anything to stop her from helping people in need, especially young kids. Vera was now growing up without a father and struggling, so she understood very well how this affected children.

His message also included a request to reach out to a healer to check up on the young boy's medical condition and help him with his injuries. So one message to her friend Amani Serys Amani Serys later, and she was certain she could count on the Mirialan to be available to help.

"Let's invite them in, and first move to the Halls of Healing," Valery said as she walked down the stairs with the Chief Healer. "Getting him patched up is most important."

Finally, the two women made their way down to greet Jasper, who had made his arrival with the young kid. Despite the pain deep within her, Valery produced a warm, and welcoming smile — the kind people were used to seeing from her. It wasn't as bright as it always was, but it was genuine. "Thank you for messaging me about this, Jasper," she said before looking at Jalen, "And it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Master Noble."

ValSword.png

It hadn’t taken much to get Amani to follow through in stride. A quick message about the situation and she was there. In the wake of the Nobles’ tragedy, Amani had made certain to be there for her friend no matter what. Shouldering a little extra burden was the least she could do. Besides, this was her job, after all.

“Mm,” The mirialan hummed in agreement, “Already have the droids clearing out a suite for us.” The boy was blind, if what Jasper said rang true. She frowned at the thought, hoping that there was a chance it was recoverable. But deep down, she prepared for the worst.

They arrived, and Amani gave the elder boy a nod, “Hey Jasper,” Her attention then quickly turned to the young boy, and she spoke after Valery, “Hey there. I’m Amani. I’m a healer.” She gently held out a hand to the boy, as a greeting, but also to see if he actually responded to the visual stimulus.

y0ZHF35.png

Objective: Wait for Valery
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Amani Serys Amani Serys

div1.png

It had been a pretty casual day at the temple, with lessons, reminders from Master Valery, and the occasional revision of core Jedi values. It would have been a lie to say he loved it entirely, but it was needed if he really wanted to be serious about becoming a knight. Either way, the day was done now. It was time to get some much needed rest before doing some early morning exercise

Walking by the entrance of the great temple, something seemed to catch his eye as he passed by. Jasper, along with a small boy by his side was being talked to by Amani the chief healer, and Master Valery. It was quite unusual to see them together with Jasper, something which made him curious enough to begin approaching the four individuals.

"Sorry, is everything alright here?" he asked respectfully, his gaze resting on the kid "Who is this you have here Jasper?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

It was comforting to see Master Noble smile, even if it wasn't as vibrant as before. Given what she was going through, the fact that she could muster any smile at all was relief enough for him. Hopefully she'd be back to her charismatic self with time, but that would no doubt take a while. She was followed by Amani, which was also comforting.

"Thank you," he addressed them initially. "I'm... I'm glad you came."

As they introduced themselves, Jalen's face drifted towards their general direction. He seemed cognitive of where they were relative to himself, but his eyes were blank, unresponsive. The boy could feel where the two women were and little more than that. He didn't seem to recognize that Amani had stretched her hand out to him.

"I-I'm Jalen," the boy introduce meekly.

None of this was lost on Jasper. He had to be the one to first identify his blindness after all. The padawan was woefully unfamiliar with how healing worked, but he knew that it had limitations. Limbs weren't easily regrown, nor scars rubbed away. Hopefully there was something that could be done, but Jasper was prepared for that to not be an option.

"Sorry, is everything alright here?" he asked respectfully, his gaze resting on the kid "Who is this you have here Jasper?"

Silas had approached them, curious about Jalen.

"Oh, this is Jalen," Jasper informed him. "He's my brother, sort of. It's... a long story. Speaking of," he continued, turning back to Valery and Amani, "What's the procedure here? This is sorta unfamiliar territory for me."

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

With Amani by her side, Valery felt confident they could handle this but she still felt a little bad. Part of her wondered if Amani was pushing herself so much to offer her friend support — something Valery appreciated, of course, but she never liked the idea of her problems becoming a burden on others. Especially not when they were already so busy.

But for now, she shifted her focus to the people who needed their help.

"Nice to meet you, Jalen," Valery said with the brightest smile she could muster, hoping to help him feel at ease. Before she could say more though, her own Padawan joined them as well. "Everything will be alright, yes," she assured them all with confidence. The young kid was roughened up, but she knew Amani would be able to patch him up.

"What's the procedure here? This is sorta unfamiliar territory for me."

"First and foremost, we'll make sure he gets any medical attention he needs. That's our priority, and Knight Serys will help with that." Valery dipped her head to Amani. "Once that's over, Jalen can take as much time as he'd like to think about what he wants. With his Force-sensitivity, he can be integrated into the Order, but that is his decision to make."

She paused and looked at the kid, "Are you hungry or thirsty as well? I can get you something you like," she offered with a smile.

ValSword.png

“Nice to meet you,” Just as she was afraid, the boy seemed to have no response to her outreached hand. It retreated back to her side, and she stood back up, “Yeah, let’s bring him over to the suite.”

Amani gave Valery a nod, regarded Silas with another, then looked at Jalen again, “Are you alright coming with us for a bit? Just want to get you checked up and feeling better, ‘kay?” With affirmation, she would begin leading them towards the Healing Halls, where a room had been cleared out for them. “Can you tell me what exactly… happened?” Amani looked back at Jasper.

y0ZHF35.png

Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Amani Serys Amani Serys

div1.png

Nodding back to Amani as well as Valery at the same time, he seemed to fall silent and fall to one knee a comfortable distance away from the boy. While the others questioned Jasper, Silas observed and thought deeply about what Jasper had told him once. Back at the ceremony, he mentioned he was born from a tube, which meant it was quite hard to have a brother too. How he came to be his brother is unknown, but all that mattered was the safety of the boy.

"Hello Jalen, I'm Silas, a friend of your brother here," he said reassuringly so he knew the names of everyone who was surrounding him. If the boy was comfortable, he'd be more willing to talk about what he had been through. The more he did, the more likely they'd be able to give him the help he needed "Is there anything we need to know now before we take you in? you don't have to speak, we're just making sure everything is alright"

Silas seemed to give Jasper an unsure look from the fact this boy was his brother, but that soon vanished and turned into one of warmth "I'm sure Master Valery and Amani will do everything within their means to help him get comfortable. Your brother will be in safe hands..."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

It took Jalen a moment to process everything that was being told to him, but when he did speak, he made an effort to answer all three Jedi...

"Are you hungry or thirsty as well? I can get you something you like,"

"Y-yes please," Jalen responded, clearly making an effort to seem polite. "I-I like burgers."

“Are you alright coming with us for a bit? Just want to get you checked up and feeling better, ‘kay?”

"O-okay," the boy nodded to the chief healer.

He also turned in the general direction of Silas, acknowledging what the padawan hand said by shaking his head, indicating that he didn't have any questions, or at least any he was comfortable asking just yet. Jalen was still notably nervous and very soft spoken. Jasper wasn't surprised by this. He had been through quite a bit recently. Jasper himself nodded to Silas, appreciative of his reassurance.

“Can you tell me what exactly… happened?”

"I'm not sure entirely," Jasper admitted. "I got there after it was all said and done. Jalen was caught beneath some rubble. He was apparently injured pretty early on."

"Right here," Jalen piped up, placing his hand over the scar around his eyes.

"He didn't see much of it," the duelist continued.

He was actually relieved about that fact. What Jasper had seen was no doubt something a boy of Jalen's age would struggle to process. It wasn't something that he needed weighting on him, at least not while he was still young. The kid had already been though enough as it is.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"I'll make you some burgers," Valery said with a warm smile before she listened to Amani's question and the answer that was given. Medical attention was the priority, so she was going to leave this to her friend and focus on what she could do to help out. Settling into the Order or getting a place here to stay was something they could worry about afterwards.

"Amani, if you can take him to the Halls of Healing, I'll be there with some food shortly," she said with a soft smile before she turned her eyes to her Padawan.

"Silas, you're free to join to keep him company if Amani is okay with it, and as long as you don't get in the way of her work." Healers were a lot scarier if you denied them the ability to help people, and she didn't feel like dealing with that.

ValSword.png

Amani frowned. It wasn't much information to go off of, but that's just another reason why she was here, "We'll take a closer look at things in the Halls." She nodded to Val as they moved along, "Sounds good." Then to Silas, "Sure, if they're okay with it, feel free. Might put you to work while we're there, though," At that the healer managed to find a faint smirk, hoping to assuage a bit of the tension, especially for young Jalen.

It didn't take too long to reach the Healing Halls, which had been redecorated with greenery and a soothing paint job (the latter courtesy of Iris Arani Iris Arani ) since Amani's tenure began. It felt nicer in her mind to evoke a more pleasant and natural atmosphere, rather than clinical, drab whiteness. A medical droid waited outside of their chosen exam room, gesturing them in. This one seemed specifically set up for younger children, just a bit more vibrant than the usual rooms.

"Just hop up on this exam table for me so I can get a good look at your eyes," She tapped the padded table, and grabbed some gloves from a box for herself, then tossed the box at Silas, "Put those on," Amani then gestured from him to the counters behind them, "Look in that leftmost drawer for me. Should have most of my general practice tools in there. Just get them laid out for me."

y0ZHF35.png

div1.png

As expected, the boy shook his head and kept silent. He was still quite nervous and reserved. Hopefully, they'd be able to bring him out of his shell once Amani's examination was done. The only thing that he seemed to reveal was the fact he loved burgers, something which Valery used to try and cheer him up. Smiling briefly to his master, he looked back to the boy "Well, you're in for a treat Jalen. Master Valery is quite the cook"

Secretly, he hoped that one was going to be made for him too. Though, knowing Valery vegetarian was going to be his only option.

"I wouldn't dream of it master, I'll give Amani all the space she needs" Silas promised, but to his surprise, the chief healer indicated that she may use him to help her. Silas didn't know much in terms of medical assistance, however, with Amani's guidance, he was sure to get through it and help Jasper's brother out. Nodding to her confidently, the group followed the healer through the halls and into the uplifting medical room for the younger children.

Silas stood next to the examination table and offered Jasper another reassuring nod as he slipped on some gloves. Looking back to Amani, the teen gave the healer his utmost attention
"Of course" he replied, momentarily staring at where she was saying before going over to carefully take out the tools. Neatly, he placed them out in front of the knight and awaited further instruction.

"Sit tight Jalen, it will be over before you know it"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Valery set off to prepare some food for Jalen as they made their way to the medical wing. It was reassuring to see all the colors that had been painted on the walls of the Halls of Healing. Jasper always had slight anxiety in bland medical settings. It was a nice though, even if poor Jalen couldn't see it.

"Just hop up on this exam table for me so I can get a good look at your eyes,"

Jasper lead Jalen to the exam table. The boy took a moment to feel the table, checking it's height relative to himself before hoisting himself up. Amani had Silas helping prepare her equipment, which he found rather amusing. Jalen, of course, continued to glance about without any real focus. After all, what did he have to look at?

"Sit tight Jalen, it will be over before you know it"

"O-okay," Jalen nodded, seeming slightly less nervous now. He was starting to get used to all the unfamiliar voices.

"You're doing great, little dude," Jasper told him.

"Thanks!" Jalen responded, beginning to beam.

The padawan took another good look at the walls. The use of color was bombastic, but not in an overwhelming way. It was calm, whimsical, and probably something that was more fitting of somewhere children were to be treated. Jasper was beginning to suspect that he may know a certain artist responsible for all of this.

"The walls certainly are... interesting," Jasper remarked. "Iris, I'm guessing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom