Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Ominous Consultation

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
X44PT3Y.png

Objective: Meet with The Donna at the 'Star Lounge'
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

The Meeting!
Marcella paced back and forth outside of The Donna's office within the Sanctum, The Family's private section of the Star Lounge. She straightened her cardigan, checking over her outfit which was casual and unassuming, her everyday wear. Snapping around she was met with Duke, Marcella's moth-cat, eyeing her curiously, most likely wondering what she was doing, eventually working up the courage to talk to the Donna, she chimed the door, knowing exactly what she was there to discuss which was what made her nervous. While she waited for a moment she lit a cigarra, it was unusual for her to become this nervous however the topic of her meeting wasn't a small undertaking, the cigarra would help her relax slightly.

She strode into The Donna's office, followed by Duke who loyally stuck by her side. The office was decorated professionally, a range of trophies, artefacts and art lined the walls and shelves, predominantly a number of gorgeous, rare gemstones, particularly expensive art and most predominantly an interesting looking laser-sword that had a curved hilt, an item that piqued her curiosity most, particularly due to her perpetual fear of space wizards.

She immediately turned to her boss, "Donna." she spoke, starting as if she was talking to a military officer while watching Duke with her peripheral vision as he declared one of the office seats as his property. "
I'm here to discuss the proposition that we discussed earlier.." she continued, this time taking a large puff of her cigarra. She remained silent, giving room for The Donna to speak out of respect, eagerly anticipating her response.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
The Donna had been quietly typing away at the holo-screen on her desk when she was shaken from her focus by a tiny bell toward the front of her office - indicating someone was waiting outside in the hallway to speak with her. The room was lit only by a few small lamps and the glow of her screen, as it was evening on this side of the planet. Behind her desk, the vid-screen (connected via hard-line to a concealed camera on a cloudcutter somewhere nearby) showed a night time view as the ambient light slowly waned. The ever-streaming flow of traffic through Coruscant's orbit was steady, and high above, tiny twinkling stars could be seen across a backdrop of navy-blue sky.

In the Star Lounge above, dinner service was well under way, and The Donna had already finished most of her meal - delivered by Phaelix nearly an hour ago.

She sat back in her chair, taking a pause from her administrative duties, then spoke: "Come in."

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora entered with her adorable moth-cat Duke in tow.

Ivory smiled at the woman, greeting her with a nod, then watching as The Family's professional thief & infiltration expert surveyed her office - seeing it for the first time. Duke availed himself of a nearby comfortable chair, allowing the women to converse in peace. The head of The Family leaned back in her comfortable seat and steepled her fingers together, looking at Marcella with a steady, impassive gaze. The Donna's bright, alert eyes caressed Marcella's face, noting the concern and anxiety evident in her eyebrows and the way she puffed her cigarra. After a moment's pause, Ivory stood - walking around the desk to join the woman face to face.

"Donna." she spoke, starting as if she was talking to a military officer while watching Duke with her peripheral vision as he declared one of the office seats as his property. "I'm here to discuss the proposition that we discussed earlier.." she continued, this time taking a large puff of her cigarra

"Of course, Marcella. Thank you for coming." Ivory replied, offering a disarming smile as she rested her lower back against the edge of her desk. With an open, offering hand, she indicated a chair if her comrade preferred a seat. Once Marcella was comfortable, The Donna interlaced her fingers and kept them low - over her belly, in an open gesture. "You've been with us for a few months, now. I've been very impressed with the work you've done; and continue to do. You've served The Family well, Ms. Fiora, and you deserve to be rewarded for your loyalty." Ivory paused, glancing over at the purring moth-cat seated in a chair on the other side of the room. When Ivory turned to look at Marcella again, her face had gone serious. "I have a job for you... but this one will be...somewhat different...than anything else you've done for me in the past."

"I've heard that you're interested in expanding your skills, and earning something of an education in the Medical field. Is that correct?"

X44PT3Y.png

The Meeting Continues!
Appreciative of The Donna's words, she simply nodded her head as she spoke to say thank you, pleased that Duke was there as a mild distraction of a purring fluffball for the pair. "You've served The Family well, Ms. Fiora, and you deserve to be rewarded for your loyalty.", words she wasn't expecting to hear today resonated with Marcella, she wasn't entirely sure of what the outcome of todays meeting would be either, however she knew she could put her trust in The Donna.
"I have a job for you... but this one will be...somewhat different...than anything else you've done for me in the past."

"I've heard that you're interested in expanding your skills, and earning something of an education in the Medical field. Is that correct?"
This, of course, piqued her curiosity, she was keen to know what was in store for her, "Yes, Donna.." she paused for a moment, taking another puff of her cigarra as if to prepare for her next response, "All I've known for a long while now is heisting and shooting.. I know it's good money but I'd like to help people too, not just steal from them." She, again, paused for a few seconds, "Plus, it'd be useful having someone with some form of medical experience around, at least until we can find a Doc' to join us.." Having said her piece and shown her softer side, a rare commodity, a long pause took place as she took a seat at the desk, eager to hear what The Donna had planned she nervously pressed for more information, "Anyway.. what's the job?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

The Donna listened - impressed with the woman's drive and ambition. At Marcella's question - straight to business, it was - The Donna chafed her hands together. It was time to go to work. "Now, I want you to know, I am aware of your dislike for Force Users... you haven't exactly kept that information a secret; to be honest, I share your reservations for a number of reasons. However, if you're willing to set aside your personal reservations, I have arranged for an interesting opportunity." She grinned disarmingly - attempting to quell whatever protests Marcella might make before she could speak.

"There is an organization - a Faction - in the Outer Rim known as The Ashlan Crusade. They are anything but what you would call Jedi - namely, they are a religious lot with a significant Military and one of the best Humanitarian Corps in The Galaxy. They are staunch opponents of The Sith - so much so, in fact, that they consider it a Holy Mission to eradicate Evil and Darkness from The Galaxy."

She paused, holding up a hand. "I know what you're thinking - we work with The Sith, as well, and you're correct. But The Sith do not own us... nor are we beholden to them. In fact, The Family has much more in common with the Crusade than you'd think. Namely, in offering those less fortunate a home, safety, and succor from a Galaxy which has been unkind."

The Donna took a breath, then let it out slowly...

"The job I have for you, Marcella, would take you far away into the Outer Rim - to the planet Bosch. Using false documentation, you are to enlist in the Ashlan Humanitarian Corps as a recruit. You'll receive what I'm told is some of the finest medical training in The Galaxy, which, upon completion of your training, you'll then be able to provide to The Family."

She bit her lip slightly, pausing for a moment... then continuing: "However... There is more to this mission than simply that."

Stepping away from the desk, The Donna began to pace back & forth a few steps, gesturing with her hands as she spoke.

"There is an Organization operating, within the Tingel Arm, known as The Midas Web. It is apparently a well-hidden Criminal Syndicate operating its own Underworld throughout that section of The Galaxy - namely as smugglers of of Ashlan-made Weapons and Sith Artifacts. Connections with this group could be very lucrative for us if we were able to make contact... but I do not have direct access, and have thus-far been unable to make any meaningful progress. That's why I need someone on the inside."

She stopped, making eye contact. "I need you."

X44PT3Y.png

Information Overload!
She didn't know what to say, she kept trying but it seemed like The Donna knew what she was going to say before she said it.. eerie. She didn't recall mentioning her dislike for Force Users yet she settled with the fact that she might've let it slip once or twice, she was in trusted company when with The Family. Marcella listened to every word, clinging onto them as if they were liquid gold as the information she provided was incredibly important and relevant to her.

A long pause occurred when Ivory stopped talking, Marcella was absorbing the large amount of information that had just been thrown her way. "So.." she began, taking a substantial puff of her cigarra, flicking her eyes between Duke and Ivory. "I'm to enlist in the Ashlan Crusade humanitarian corps where I'll gain medical training through their academy," she continued, beginning to list off and condense the information, "Jedi, Sith, bla-bla-bla, they're all space wizards of some kind, whatever way we spin it.. Now, the Midas Web sounds intriguing," she paused, thinking for a moment. "Do you think I'll be able to make contact with them in my role with the humanitarian division?" questioned Marcy', curious yet invested in the idea of trying to scout for them.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"Do you think I'll be able to make contact with them in my role with the humanitarian division?"

Ivory nodded, holding up a finger as-if to say "hold that thought", then reached over her desk to retrieve a small datapad which appeared to have been discarded. She lifted it, then passed it to Marcella as she spoke: "I believe you'll have enough freedom once you've completed your training, yes. If not, there may be other alternatives." The Donna smiled, indicating the datapad. "This has everything DeData has been able to glean from our reports. You'll be able to read it entirely once we're done here... However, I'll summarize."

"From what we can glean, The Midas Web is said to be run by a mysterious individual known as "The Spider" - though nobody knows exactly who Spider is, or if it's even an individual, a group, or an urban legend." She paused, reaching over her desk to retrieve her drink & taking a sip. She held the glass with both hands as she organized her thoughts. "While they're said to operate in some fashion on nearly every planet in the region, DeData tells me their operations appear particularly heavy on the planet of Florrum - an arid, desert planet in the Outer Rim. I suspect that would be a good place to start, if you don't make contact elsewhere."

"The Web's smuggling operations are likely the most lucrative aspect of their business - and the reason why I'm so interested in acquiring access to their Organization. They specialize in the transportation of Spice, Weapons, and Sith Artifacts into & out of the Outer Rim - from what I'm told, they're believed to possess connections within the Military which provides access to weapons, which are then sold on the Black Market."

Ivory took a deep breath, pausing a moment to take a sip from her glass.. then leveling a determined gaze at her companion. Her jaw was set, and violet eyes powerfully direct. The implication, of course, was that Marcella might come across information related to the Web's involvement in the Crusade's Military organizations or humanitarian efforts.. but she left that unspoken - testing the woman's wit & cleverness.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

X44PT3Y.png

Initial Briefing
"Huh, that depends on how busy they keep me, I'm unsure as to how they operate yet as a military force," she began, mulling over the information she had just received. She leant back in her chair slightly, continuing to make her way through her cigarra, "Florrum?" she continued, raising an eyebrow and eyeing Duke as if she was in deep thought, "If they're involved with the Ashlan military then that should make this quite a bit easier, seeing as I'll be in regular contact with the armed forces.." she thought out loud, gently stroking her chin indicating that she was in deep thought.

"If I get the chance I'll poke around the armed section of the military, see if I can pick up any information from them.. Otherwise I'll try and make my way to Florrum to see if I can find anything, if Dedata has picked it up then it must be a good lead. I'll take a look at any large scale spice or weapon movements to see if that'll lead me anywhere as well as attempting to gain access to the black markets, if they're dealing on Florrum then it's a simple case of finding the right people." she paused for a moment.

Marcella's confidence finally came around completely, "The importance of finding The Midas Web isn't lost on me, I can see the benefits of making connections with them; I'll dig around without trying to raise suspicion but it could take time, being a nobody truly has its benefits."

She met The Donna's gaze with purpose in her eyes, "I'll keep it low-profile and I will make contact with the Midas Web, one way or another." she spoke, confidently this time.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
A swelling of pride & confidence in the woman welled up in Ivory's chest; pleased that Marcella seemed so ready to take on the mission. The woman's cleverness & wit did not disappoint. Ivory grinned, nodding once at the certainty in Marcella's voice. "I have no doubt that you will, Marcella... and I understand, it may take weeks or even months to accomplish your mission."

"Your primary objective, above all else, is to complete your training to the best of your ability... and do so, without betraying your identity as a member of our Organization. Secondly, is to make contact with The Midas Web and to inform me when you have done so definitively. You will be acting as my representative, and have my permission to say or do whatever is necessary to accomplish this goal - provided it does not break your cover."

The Donna brought her glass to her lips and finished off the remains of her whiskey - returning the glass to her desk, then stepping to the side and reaching into one of the drawers - fishing something out, before returning to stand before Marcella. Ivory offered one hand, palm up, with a small silver bracelet.

"In order to accomplish your goals, I'm providing you with a personal communications device, coded to allow for access to DedaNet. This will provide a secure method of communication with The Family, as well as dedicated OS for whatever slicing tools you believe are necessary... It is an improvement over your current one, I assure you."

Once Marcella took it, Ivory would then offer her right hand - opening her palm and revealing a boxy black & silver object; recognizable as a copy of the same Ivory, herself, carried everywhere - A Point Nadir P-Series lighter.

"Secondly, I'm giving you this... A lighter exactly like my own." The Donna smirked playfully. "What most people do not know, is that it is not just a lighter. It contains a powerful taser which deploys on contact, as well as a single-use low yield EMP generator. The fuel source will be entirely expended, if used... but it can be refueled using standard Tibanna gas. Mine has served me well over the years, and I purchased extras, so this is coming from my personal collection."

Once Marcella had taken and inspected both, Ivory would then indicate she had something else.

"Thirdly, as a congratulatory gift on your recent promotion, I have something else for you... a token of my appreciation for everything you've done for us."

Then, The Donna turned on her heel - walking toward the opposite end of the room, stopping at a small display case filled with numerous gemstones and palm-sized jewelry boxes. Ivory's hand extended and opened the clear glass door, reaching inside and removing a small black box with silver filagree printed upon it, closed the door, and returned. It was this box which was offered toward Marcella in a loving gesture. The Donna's violet eyes sparkled with mirth.

Upon opening the box, Marcella would find an elegant, beautiful silver chain long enough to be worn as a necklace. Attached to the chain & set in a masterwork of silver wire was a stunning Cyan-colored gemstone with a remarkable star-like pattern of light shimmering from within.

Ivory said nothing - allowing the quality of the piece to speak for itself.

Last edited:
X44PT3Y.png

Gifts?
"Holy Crik.." Marcella was overwhelmed by the gemstone, she had seen plenty before but this one was.. unique, special.. She didn't share it but she had a weak spot for sentimental gifts, the meaning behind it hit her significantly harder than the gemstone itself. "Everything is just so.." she struggled, trying to find words for everything she had just received, still speechless from the gem.

She spent a few moments in quiet limbo, gathering her thoughts and admiring the set of items she had just received from The Donna, The Family meant everything to her and to see that she was appreciated meant the world to her. She turned to meet Ivory's gaze, "Thank you," she grinned, deciding that those simple words carried a significant amount of weight.

Marcella stoop up, collecting the gifted items that would prove particularly useful in times to come. "I appreciate this.. a lot." she began, expecting to be dismissed at there was not much else to discuss.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"Thank you,"

"You're welcome." Ivory replied, flashing a pleased smile. As the woman stood, Ivory stepped back, inter-lacing her fingers before her. She'd felt it necessary to make sure Marcella had all the tools she needed, as her time away would be difficult in many ways.

"There is... one more thing, Marcella." Ivory mentioned. "On your way out, do stop by DeData's shop. I've seen fit to order a meal to-go from upstairs; it should be delivered for you in the next hour. You'll need it while she works."

The cryptic statement was the last thing Marcella would hear as she strode from Ivory's office - with the door locking behind her audibly.

~ END ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom