Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Introduction to Jedi-hood...?

Callista Elayance

C
Jedi Temple

Tython

0600hrs

A shuttle pierced the early morning skies on Tython, there was nothing special about this shuttle, not even the persons it carried were important. Well, not to everyone. Each person had their own purpose for coming to Tython. Some came for enlightenment, the mere presence of the Jedi on this Force rich world - was something to behold. It was probably a much more peaceful sight then when the One Sith dominated the Galaxy almost two decades ago. There were others, like Callista Elayance which came to Tython to become a Jedi. Callie shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the young girl clutching onto the backpack which held memories that she brought from home. Just enough of this, or that to remind her that everything was alright.

Sure, the Galaxy was huge and there were people much younger than her who were exploring, fighting and even dying. She wasn’t ignorant to that fact, but it didn’t make things much more comfortable for her. This was not her ideal, nor her dream - this was something that was pushed onto her by her mother. She desired to be helping her dad out, especially with the latest project. A grunt escaped her lips as she felt the dip in her stomach, signaling their final approach onto the landing pad. Brown eyes shifted to the flimsy sheet before her, flipping it over as she skimmed through the Aurebesh.

The sound of the captain came overhead as different beings began to gather their things. Callie didn’t budge in her seat, instead remained staring off at the flimsy in her hand. A few minutes would pass and the shuttle would be nearly empty before Callista stood, sighing. She felt something tingle in the back of her skull, causing her to grumble. She knew that had to be someone, touching her mind, feeling her very essence.

The thought made Callie squirm a bit, and cringe as she picked up the backpack and slung it over her shoulder. No doubt the mental intruder was her new “Master” waiting for her. With a grimace and another grunt like a Gamorrean - she finally made her way down the ramp of the shuttle. There at the bottom, no doubt, was the man responsible for her path forward to becoming a Jedi...

Ryv Ryv

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
A small crowd gathered around Ryv as we awaited the arrival of his new Padawan. Months had passed since he last visited the planet, and the many refugees who've come to know the Ashlan Knight sought his attention. He smiled at the masses, assured them the Jedi would always protect them, and even displayed his cybernetic hand to the more curious bunch. Some gasped in horror, others bellowed a hearty cheer. As much as he hated the attention, Ryv had become a household name on the planet of refugees and peace seekers. There could be no avoiding the attention that brought him. Fortunately, most couldn't read past the empath's stoic mask to see how much the attention bothered him.

"Master Karis, Master Karis!" a young boy's voice cut through the din. "My pa says there are Jedi out there working with the bad guys! That's not true, right?"

Ryv winced at the line of questioning. "Well, I hate to say it, but some Jedi have forsaken their sacred oaths and have sided with our greatest enemy. This behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The New Jedi Order is hard at work to undo the damage the Silver Jedi have done with this foolish proclamation."

"Does that mean yer gon' kill em?" another of the citizens asked.

"We hope it won't come to that," Ryv stated. "Now, while it's been a pleasure talking to you all, I'm waiting on someone and don't want a crowd to scare them off. I'll be at the Cathedral later this evening if anyone seeks another audience."

While the crowd seemed somewhat dejected at his declaration, most turned away and returned to their day-to-day activities. Ryv waved them off and returned his attention back to the rapidly ascending and descending shuttles. He crossed his arms and watched hundreds of people come and go before a brief flicker within the Force caught his attention. He extended his senses briefly, the Jedi's natural affinity for empathy put to use. He gauged the young woman's emotional state as she gathered her belongings and began to exit the dropship.

"Can't say she seems happy to be here," Ryv muttered as he slipped his hands into his jacket pockets. He took a position a few feet from the ramp and waved her over when she finally began her descent. "Hey, what's going on? You must be Callista! Pleasure to meet you, kid, names Ryv."

The Sword of the Jedi didn't look a day over twenty. He remained in casual dress, with what appeared to be a t-shirt beneath his jacket. Jeans and a pair of sneakers covered his lower half. And at a whopping 5'11, he looked about as dangerous as a well-put-together sticks junkie. Only when you looked into his hardened, amber gaze did it become evidently clear this wasn't an everyday guy. Something about the way he casually took note of everything around him just seemed unsettling.

Last edited:

Callista Elayance

C
Callista winced as she noticed the crowd dispersing to reveal a younger looking guy, handsome but there was something else about him.Callie shrugged as she made her way across the platform, feet barren from when her youngest sister, Charlyze Elayance decided to take all of her footwear. Her cheeks remained painted softly crimson from the embarrassing situation, but nonetheless, she made her way to him.

"Hey, what's going on? You must be Callista! Pleasure to meet you, kid, names Ryv."

Callista coughed softly, adjusting herself and appearing to wipe away the emotional cloud that hung over her. Her cheeks remained a bit rosy, but not as deep flushed as they were a moment ago.

“Master,...Ryv?” She was uncertain if he wanted to be called Master, or even have his name attached behind it. She groaned and made a gesture with her hand idly while her other hand gripped her backpack strap. “I mean, I’m sorry, my name is Callista Elayance…” She dropped her hand and laughed a bit, feeling a bit silly for being unsure of a simple greeting. She was afterall, a moody, confused teenager with special powers. She bowed her head, trying to ensure she conveyed the respect he deserved for his rank.

“So, what can I call you?” The Jedi before her seemed less traditional, especially more so than the ones her mother always spoke of. Maybe this wouldn’t be such a bad thing afterall.

Ryv Ryv

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Like I said," Ryv took her hand and gave it a hearty shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Callista. Hope the trip wasn't too bad. Tython's been a sorta haven for refugees fleeing the Sith and Bryn'adul for the last few years. We've really ironed out the system, but public transportation will always have its hiccups."

He grinned and shifted, so his body now faced the rest of the city. He held out a hand. "Here, lemme get those for you. We're gonna be out walking the city for a while. We won't stick around here for more than a few days. I just have some uh, well, responsibilities that piled up in my absence.

He slung it over his shoulder and turned to the city.
"Once everything is well and good, we'll be off to Coruscant to rejoin the central order. This is a big city, so try and stay close. Probably won't be in danger. I'm just worried about you getting lost. It likely take all day to track you down with the nexus so close. It be like looking for a boat on a big, open sea."

While he couldn't fault her for being careful, he wasn't bothered by it. People had their reasons. It simply wasn't his place to judge. Instead, he silently scanned the numerous streets that broke away from the spaceport. Some twisted and turned out of view. Others widened and continued forward for miles. People crowded storefronts and stalls as they trudged through their day-to-day.

"Oh, whoops," he looked back at her. "You can just call me Ryv. I'm pretty far from the orthodox Jedi Master, so don't stress traditions. We do care about some of em, but I don't much care for that one. You're not a servant or a slave. I'm an instructor. You're a student. Respect matters more than obedience. Know what I'm saying?"

And with that, he finally settled on a street and led her into the city proper. Anywhere else in the galaxy, Ryv would've just been another face in the crowd. Yeah, he wore an old jacket, one with at least a decade on him. But that wasn't enough to draw the type of attention the people of Tython gave him. Where he walked, they parted around him. When he passed by, they reached out, gently placing a hand wherever they can reach. The Jedi Knight greeted as many in return as he could, often showing the most attention to the sick, elderly, or children who braved approaching him. His smile could only be described as kind, his demeanor patient and loving. These people saw him as more than the Sword of the Jedi. He was their hero. And maybe, just maybe, Ryv fit the part.

They soon turned off the thoroughfare and moved down a less-than-busy side street. People still lined the sides of the roads, their attention drawn to the numerous shops whose doors slung wide open as if to welcome you in.

About halfway down that street, Ryv stopped and motioned to one of the buildings. It stood two stories tall, with the first floor built of the canyon's stone. The second story still had portions constructed of wood, but with bits and pieces of rock included, as if they were transitioning to the more durable material with time.

"This is Farhb's. Best cobbler in town," he stepped in and motioned for her to follow. "Pick a pair or two you like. I couldn't help but notice you're literally barefoot."

He chuckled softly and turned to the green-skinned twi'lek that stepped out from the back. The two fell into conversation immediately, though their speech transitioned from basic to something guttural and harsh. The alien said something quickly, only for Ryv to laugh in turn.

Callista Elayance

C
He shook her hand, she turned crimson in her cheeks, gave a light-hearted laugh and nodded.

“No! Of course not, it was...interesting!”

The ride was indeed interesting, she had never really been this deep in the Core of the universe that she knew. Things here, felt different, very ancient and mysterious.

She blinked rapidly as he took her bags from her, leaving her to the knapsack on her back. She listened intently as he spoke of the planet, and how large scale a search and rescue operation would be should she get lost. Callie just nodded away, intently following his reactions, his eyes, his movement. As he knocked the formalities away a bit, she eased. Her walk became a little less rigid and the uncomforted feeling from earlier - had faded away.

As they arrived at the cobbler, Callista found a small bench to sit down on - only for her new Master to inform her she was being given...shoes? Rapidly blinking at the notion of being gifted something so soon into their journey together, she gleefully cheered and dashed inside. It would be some time before she emerged again, having questioned and tried on each and every pair possible - with a pair of tasteful black leather boots and a more casual pair of sneakers. She opted for the moment to wear sneakers.

She bent down after exiting the store, making room in her sack for the box containing her boots. A confused look crossed her face, causing her to move a bit slower as she went back to something he mentioned earlier...

“But I thought it was proper for Padawans to address their trainer or rather, Masters of the Order as such?” She questioned, turning to face her trainer, her instructor and her new friend - Ryv Ryv .

She gestured idly with her right hand, looking to the sky as if the answer would appear above.
“I mean, being a Jedi is about servitude, isn’t it?”

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv perked a brow at her question and shrugged. He motioned for her to follow him again as he turned away and made his way down the street.

"In terms of tradition? Yeah, you're absolutely right," he confirmed her point as they turned the corner and stepped onto another busy street. They followed that a few blocks before he led her up a set of stairs constructed to deposit them further up the canyon. "With the Silvers, and maybe other orders, that sort of thing might be the expectation. And I'm not gonna tell you that you can't refer to me that way if you'd prefer. I just, uh, don't think much for most traditions. All I care about is whether or not you're gonna take this seriously. So long as you do that, you're free to call me whatever you want. Master, teacher, sir, Ryv. S'all the same to me, Callista."

They crested the towering set of stairs and turned towards a large gate. A great citadel greeted them, the entrance lined by several heavily armored individuals. A lightsaber hung at each of their sides. Their faces were hidden beneath a helmet. As Ryv passed by them, the Ashlan Knights each raised a hand to their chest, balled it up into a fist, and saluted the Jedi Knight.

"Servitude is a big part of a Jedi's life, yeah. But I don't entirely buy into that mindset. I think you can serve others, protect the masses, and still be who you want to be. In essence, I see no reason you can't live a life for yourself, so long as it doesn't interfere with the work," he explained as they continued down a long corridor. More knights greeted them, a salute offered to them both, though no words were spoken. "Don't think much of all the theatrics. This kinda thing won't happen on Coruscant. My former master was the Grandmaster of this order. Now that he's gone and I'm his last living student with ties to it, I'm sorta responsible for all of this."

He passed by an empty throne and stepped through an open door. A table adequately sized for the pair greeted them. He stepped over to a chair, pulled it out for her, and set her bag on the table. He moved to the other chair and took a seat.

"So, what made you wanna be a Jedi, Callista? It ain't easy work. Most folks would rather live a simple life. What's got you willing to go in on this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom