Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Expedition of Mythosauric Proportions{GUIDE/Mandalorians}

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Mandalore System
Manda'yaim
5:58:21

The Beacon-Class cruiser dropped out of hyperspace above the Mandaloian home world. A world mostly unsettled by the nomadic people that called this planet their 'home'. After centuries of sentient life living on the wild surface the planet had only become more mysterious. As more and more Mandalorians decidedly left the planet to instill fear into the degenerates of the Galaxy, not unlike himself, settlement of the planet had dropped exponentially post Gulag Plague making it a frontier world for all intents and purposes. This, along with a myriad of other information like basic Mandalorian history and culture was lost however on the young Issiah Dashiell.

After escaping from his cousin's internship and the Levantine naval Academy he was short on cash. Seeing the add for able bodied sentients a chance to travel the Galaxy and earn some credits appealed to the mischievous drifter. But no one told him how boring it would be before they landed. As Izzy would soon realize, they also did not tell how dangerous a job such as this could be.

As the shuttle left the Beacon-Class cruiser Izzy wondered what sorts of things he could steal off the Mandalorians, but decided that would have been a poor decision considering their reputation as trained killers and bounty hunters. He hoped there wasn't a bounty on him for something petty. The shuttle landed in the city of Keldabe and all seemed to be going well for the small group of explorers, at least...so far.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

Mandalore! Cute boys! Adventure!

And most important of all...knowledge.

Magda could hardly contain herself. Well, she could, but it was difficult. Mandalore might not have been the first item on the trekker's to-do list but when blue-eyes-rogue-face showed up and batted those pretty little lashes at the GUIDE Founder she was simply incapable of saying no. Really, this was a win-win-win-winwinwin situation here. At least that was what she kept telling herself as the fuel bill for BoB continued to grow.

There's always KDY.

Before she knew it they were planetside, embarking upon the city of Keldabe with markedly more confidence than one traveling to what had once been the Mandalorian stronghold should have. Geared up and ready to explore, Magda descended the ramp of their shuttle with a datapad in one hand and the strap of her Marauder's Bag in the other. Her gaze flickered briefly across the scene that met her, narrowing slightly in the morning sun. GUIDE was still in its sapling stage and had yet to truly put down roots or spread its branches. As such, Magda had to fill the role of every need, including that of the attending Scholar to this expedition. Isaiah had been something of a random, happy present from the universe for her - one of the first to volunteer.

"I've growing doubts that the information provided by the holonet on Mandalore is very current..." she remarked aloud, "the coordinates for Keldabe aren't even correct. It's off by nearly sixteen miles."

[member="Gabriel Lethe"]
[member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"I think that its less that it isn't current and more that no one really comes here," the young man muttered. It could have also been that the young woman whom was supposedly paying him was naive and believed everything they saw on the holo net.

"But then again, that's why we're here isn't it? To explore and take notes on what we find? I've heard they have some pretty big animals on this planet." Like, really big. If the legendary Mythosaur was any indication about the wildlife here young Magda was in for a treat, or the rush of her life...Maybe both.

"I think we should find some sort of local transportation at least. I've heard Daw Motors makes some pretty good speeders to get around in. Do we know where we're going?"

Given the home within which Magdalena Lethe grew up, believing anything at face value was considered only a fool's errand. Seeing and experiencing it for yourself - something to live by. She threw a smirking glance at Isaiah, "That's exactly why we're here - and to fill the gaping holes of knowledge on the holonet and correct the misinformation that runs abundant and amok throughout the galaxy."

She tapped out several notes on her pad before filtering through what information was available.

"Mr. Zy will be very interested in any information on local fauna ... let's see, Daw Motors. Due east, not far from here. Let's start there," Magda pocketed the datapad, "I'd like to get a look at local monuments and see if we can't find someone in charge. You know ... so they don't shoot BoB out of orbit. I'd hate to see Captain Ra cough up a hairball over that."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
The young girl's eyes lit up with her smirk and he felt only a little bad about what he knew was going to happen. He felt bad for conning this girl out of her credits, but a man had to eat right? Everything he had put on that resume was a lie. He didn't speak Mando'a, he didn't really have combat experience and he most certainly didn't watch, listen, or read any of the notes she had sent him as preparation for this expedition.

"Right...Mr. Zy..."

Putting his hands behind his head rather lazily he began walking in the direction of the Daw Motors rental dealer. Magda had been right, it wasn't that far of a walk, though it could have been expedited had they taken one of the dozens of buses that passed them by on their walk. A young, bored looking Rodian stood at the counter.

"Welcome to Daw Motors, how may I help you today," he said, his large black eyes half covered with heavy green eye-lids.

"My associate and I were looking to purchase one of your..." Isiah looked around quickly for the cheapest model, "Aus Ute Speeders..."

The Rodian looked up at the holoscreen above him breifly and sighed, slipping out of his chair to retrieve the paper work. Time to prepare some of the charm. He doubted Magda had brought enough credits to make a purchase this large, even if it was used so it was time to use some of the tricks good 'ol Zeke had taught him.

Magda made no comment as to just how many credits she did or did not possess on her person but safe to say the GUIDE Founder did not look troubled at the idea of spending any. She rather liked the vintage and rustic - something about it was simply alluring. The history maybe, the feel. Despite having quite a lot of ultra-modern shiny new things for GUIDE she couldn't help but eye the older speeders with a sense of excitement. That bedraggled look was just so fetching.

Probably why she so quickly agreed to take [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] into the employ of GUIDE. That roguish grin, those disheveled brown locks, that I-haven't-seen-a-real-shower-in-a-month aroma.

Simply charming.

Captain Ra didn't seem to think so but she was a felacat, after all.

"Aus...ute..." mumbling, she noted on her datapad the available models and their pricing. Expenses for GUIDE explorers was something she needed more research in to determine a proper salary for their positions. Looking at these prices it might be prudent to make available land transports...

Isaiah Dashiell

I
The young man rapped his fingers across the dusty wooden surface of the counter as he waited for the Rodian to return. With a sigh he turned around to see Magdalena typing along in her datapad and raised his eyebrows curiously. What could such a young girl be doing so furiously and dedicated? At her age Izzy was still running around picking pockets with occasional speeder heist. She looked like she had her poodoo together more than he did now.

"So what's the game plan, oh fearless leader? How long were we planning on staying on the great planet of Mandalore," he asked sarcastically, throwing his arms up and wide as if he was attempting to hold the planet in his own arms. He hadn't known what he was getting himself into when he saw the position, but he didn't think it would be more than a few weeks. But things never did go as planned did they? For all he knew they could end up lunch for some mandalorian bear thing or something.

"Oh, well," Mags looked up from her datapad, "fairly straightforward I should think. We'll want to visit and tour the major cities, see if we can't get in touch with someone in charge. Find local businesses. Plot out important sites. Take notes on local flora and fauna. Talk to the natives ... uh, if we can that is. I only know a few key phrases in Mando'a. You know," she gave a small snort of laughter, "not everyday a girl gets to chat with a Mandalorian."

Awkward laugh continued for a moment until she realized it wasn't really all that funny.

Right.

"So, probably a month more or less. Can't see a whole planet in a few days - though I'll have to step out for a few meetings eventually."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
He nodded in response to the young girl. The awkward laugh was a bit much though...Thankfully the Rodian returned with some paper work that freed him of his awkward encounter and allowed him to focus on something that wasn't a girl going through puberty. His heart sank when the paperwork was in Mando'a. Luckily when he flipped the sheets over there was a Basic version that he could understand.

With the paperwork completed and Magda's unknown amount of funds transfered the pair were flying over the city of Keldabe with all the gear they needed in the trunk, or rather the cargo bed. The wind whipped around them as they flew over a large forest and then into a grassland, ripe for settlement just outside of the city.

"Its amazing that this planet has stayed so unsettled for so long..."

[member="Magdalena Lethe"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Wind in her hair Magda peered out at the land flashing past them below, blue eyes wide with excitement. It was certainly true, what he said - and she noted, a great deal of the land was not developed. Something she was expecting for being only just beyond the outskirts of Keldabe. Why hadn't they expanded?

Or perhaps they had and war had wiped all remnants from the books?

"And strange," she commented, "it's not as if the lands seem to be lacking in resources - OH LOOK!" the girl nearly leapt from her seat as she sat up to lean out the window. A massive shadow soared past overhead, strafing along the hood of the speeder across to Isaiah's side.

A great winged thing.

"What is that?"

Isaiah Dashiell

I
He didn't have time to look up, things just happened. The shadow split into two and the great shriek-hawks fell on the speeder, their claws tearing through the repulsor engine. The blow rocked the small speeder and tossed it into a spiral as the engine slowly began to fail. Power began to fade away and the repulsor coils began to whine.

"C'mon...c'mon..!"

A piercing screech filled the air as the giant carnivorous bird came in for another attack just as Izzy stabilized flight

"Oh no you don't..." Izzy reached into his holster and whipped out his blaster set to its highest energy setting and let it rip. Pew, pew, pew! The red bolts flew, but with grace the giant bird dodged the blasts and busted the transparisteel on the front of the speeder, shredding the nose.

"Kark..." Without thinking he unbucked himself and Magda, embracing the small woman without warning and jumped from the speeder. Air whipped passed him and Magda's hair was everywhere, blurring his view. Split second timing would allow him to use the thrusters in his armor, sending them tumbling into the canopy of the ancient forest below.

To her credit Magda didn't scream. But there were variations of frightened noises escaping her mouth in looping intervals as they tumbled down through the air and crashed through the canopy.

Landing in a heap, blustered and choking in gulps of air, she found herself entangled in more than just [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]'s arms. Vines and branches clung at them and Magda tore them away in frantic movements, rolling off the young man and down a short incline where she landed in amidst the stalks of some giant ferns.

The GUIDE Founder laid there for a moment, blue eyes wide as saucers as she caught her breath. The sting of several cuts on her face from the fall were only just starting to register. Magda sat up, finally, hair a wild mess, and looked around.

"Isaiah?"

RRRRAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWGH answered from overhead. She got the distinct feeling they had been followed. Magda cringed, instinctively reaching for her pack at her side.

Swish. Her hand grabbed air.

"Oh no."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Had he lost consciousness when he landed? If he had he didn't think it could have been for long considering he could hear the creature still flying overhead. He groaned in pain and gripped his left side. No blood, well at least not outside of his armor. He reached up and released the magnetic locks on his helmet which released with a hiss. The helmet was cracked. He cursed and snapped it to his belt and stood up, using the vines around him as support. He groaned again, laughing in pain as he limped over to the small incline before him and looked down to see Magda frantically searching for something. His thrusers flared to life and brought him safely down to the young girl, but the pain caused him to stumble and limp forward a few steps. In the distance an explosion that was undoubtedly their rental speeder.

"What are you looking for?" He reached outhis hand to help the young lady up.

This little excursion was turning into a disaster.

"Oh this is a disaster," Magda's words echoed Isaiah's internal dialogue as she thrashed about, pushing ferns left and right before turning on the spot to look upwards towards the canopy, "my bag. My bag."

"Do you see it anywhere? It was here, on my shoulder, it was-" she stopped, hands moving to her mouth, "it's still in the speeder. We have to find the speeder!"

Without a moment's notice she turned one way, and then the other,

GWWWUUUAAAAAARRRRRRRR boomed overhead.

she flinched, dipped back beneath the ferns and then jumped at the sound of a secondary explosion off in the distance. That way! Magda stumbled off through the weeds.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Seriously...?" he muttered under his breath as the younger Magda ran off deeper into the woods. What was in that bag that it was so precious? In all honesty they were lucky they survived the crash to begin with and with...whatever that giant bird was still out there they were as good as lunch.

"Magdalena," he shouted as he stumbled over the thick roots of the veshok tree he had been using as support. Magdalena was much more energetic and much less refined in person he was finding than other, stick up their but CEOs. Overhead he could still hear the shrill cries of the giant bird creature that had attacked them, its cries sent shivers down his spine.

"Wait for me!"

Nimble on her feet, Magda weaved and ducked her way through the tangle of vines, branches and roots. She pushed her way through a thicket full of fat, smelly-leafed plants before coming face-to-face with the largest flower bloom she'd seen in her life. The massive, fleshy colored petals seemed to pulse with a heartbeat, sensing her proximity. Magda blinked at it, unsure why the hairs on the back of her neck were standing on end.

And then the smell of nectar reached her nose - strangely alluring and sweet.

"Oh," she said, smiling curiously as she approached to give another sniff. Suddenly the urgency of retrieving her bag had vanished from her mind.

The flower quietly shivered with anticipation.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"By the Force she's quick," Izzy wheezed. Pushing through the vines and brush after his young employer the green explorer didn't know if he should be angry or afraid that his paycheck had literally ran into uncharted territory.

"Oh gross...What is that smell?" The fat leafed plants that Magda had passed through had also attacked our unlikely hero with their powerful stench as he plowed through the woodland. He pushed through however and found himself in a very small clearing with one of the largest flowers he had ever seen in his life sitting in the center. He was mesmerized by the sheer size and beauty of the plant that he had almost didn't see Magda.

"Hey Mags, what do you think this is?" No answer, "Mags?" The plant pulsed as if it were alive, the stinky leaves shuddered and twisted as if they had a mind of their own and shot back towards the majestic flower. They wrapped themselves around Izzy's legs and flung him into the air, eliciting a sharp, defeated cry.

"Why does this kind of garbage always happen to me?" he shouted from two meters above the ground. He struggled for his blaster as the vines made their way towards Mags' own ankles.

Spores on the air elicited a sense of dopey infatuation with the plant.

Magda stood with a drunken, stupefied smile on her face.

"It's so pretty...hey Izzy," the girl slowly turned her head up to look at the armored boy hanging above her head, "come down here and look at this flower...WHOOP!"

And very suddenly she'd been scooped, too. Vines strung around her ankles, Magda hung upside-down with her brown hair gently flailing below her.

"Wooooooo.....has anyone ever told you that you look like a young Enward Keaton?" whimsical giggle.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Enward who? Wait, no! We don't have time for this," he shouted struggling to squeeze his arms through the thick vines. He could feel the armor flexing under the pressure and the smell was starting to get to him too. His vision blurred.

"Karking plants...Karking birds...Karking Mandalore!" His finger wrapped around the trigger of his blaster. He squeezed and a red bolt of energy flew from one of the sall gaps in the vine. The creature recoiled, swinging its vines wildly. It would seem that it retaliation only made the creature even angrier.

From the corner of his eye he could see movement in the trees however. Lithe bodies on four legs. The Galek Hounds of Mandalore had come to their aid! Swiftly they chewed through the vines caused the large flower to retreat deeper into the woodland.

Izzy fell to the ground in a heap of limp vegetation gasping for breath.

"Oop!" the GUIDE Founder flipped through the air rather gracelessly, flung about by the seizing vine before being deposited into a heap somewhere nearby Isaiah.

"Mr. Dashiell," Magda floundered about through the greens, hands vying for ground to push herself up. She swatted several fern leaves from her face, blowing at them as they stuck in her hair. Magda managed, after several moments of flailing about, to get her feet untangled from vines with a great flourish of effort, "you have a very dirty mout-WAHH!"

Beasts! Horrible beasts with great gnashing teeth! Far too close for comfort. A second and third chirruping cry sounded as they meandered closer.

"Get away! Get away! Shoo! Eeeek!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom