Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Evening At The Voss Temple (Join Me In My Thread)

Celiana had headed out of the Hangars and back to her dorm. Room 134, her home. It still struck her as odd that this was the first real place she had cause to call her home. While she waited for the work to be finished with the durasteel plating and the diagnostics to be done on her swoop-bike she needed a shower.

Unbuckling her combat belt from around her waist Celaina pulled her modified Jedi Robes over her head before slipping off her black crop-top shirt. Celiana walked into the Refresher and started up the hot water for her shower. She'd need to get some new clothes in town if she kept up the pace of things here at the temple. Cargo trousers would be a must. Removing her forearm bracers and stripping out of her boots, socks, undergarments, and finally her pants Celiana padded into the shower and let the hot water cascade over her.

Squeezing some soap into her hand Celiana did a quick wash and turned the water off. Stepping out into the main area of the refresher she wiped the mirror down and quickly dried herself off before padding over to her bed and pulling a set of leisure clothes out and pulling them on. A black form-fitting crop top that showed off a bit of her toned stomach, pulling on some briefs and lounge pants Celiana slipped into a pair of fuzzy grey slippers then pulled her left forearm bracer back on before heading out of her room. Keying in her code to lock her door Celiana shuffled down to the turbolifts and hit a button summoning the lifts.

As she stood there leaning against the walls Celiana hoped that she'd run into somebody, anybody in the dining hall. Glancing down at what she'd chosen to wear Celiana shuddered slightly, although she frequently dressed in a way that showed off her body she didn't want to cause a stir in her new home. More than that though she didn't want to have leering eyes and wandering hands to deal with. The way she'd dressed really hadn't left much to the imagination. Right on cue the lift dinged announcing itself before the doors parted.
Hitting a button for the first level where the dining hall was. Hopefully they're still open Celiana thought to herself, maybe she'd run into somebody there.

She still had to put in the time at the Library perhaps she'd go there after food. Just then the lift dinged again and the doors parted letting in a vast array of inviting aromas. Time to fill my boots Celiana thought.

[member="Karen Roberts"], [member="Priscilla Genesis"], [member="Karrus Zorathi"], [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Aria always sat alone during mealtimes. Not because she had nobody to sit with - all the Silver Jedi she had encountered thus far were friendly and welcoming. Not because she was in a mood - Aria wasn't prone to bad temper unless provoked. Simply because after long hours of training, it was nice to dwell in peace on everything she'd learned. It was her enrichment time.

Today she'd gotten so caught up in her training that she'd come down to dinner late, still dressed in her military-style black training gear. She wasn't expecting that anybody would be there, and she'd been right. The first ten or so minutes, Aria was totally alone, but then she heard the ping of the elevators and saw a relatively tall woman entering. Aria had seen her before, but couldn't quite remember her name. Perhaps it was time to start spending her mealtimes getting to know people - the regular way, not the Echani way (combat, as much fun and as effective a method to get to know people as it was, was something that was best saved for in between mealtimes.)

She cleared her throat. "Hey," she said tentatively. "I don't think we've been introduced."

[member="Celiana"]

As she'd exited the lift in her nightwear and headed into the dining hall Celiana had noticed another young woman clad in black combat gear sitting by herself. Celiana was ravenous and went and grabbed a plate of what appeared to be fish and chicken. Spooning some vegetables onto her plate Celiana grabbed a cup of iced tea and silverware and walked over to sit near the young woman when she heard her speak "Hey, I don't think we've been introduced." Setting her plate and glass down across from the young woman Celiana extended her right hand,"My name's Celiana, and you are?"

[member="Aria Vale"]

"Aria," she replied, taking her hand in a firm handshake with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Celiana." The first moment of introduction was always the hardest, and now that it had passed Aria allowed herself to relax the tiniest bit. "So, um...how long have you been training here?" The question sounded artificial in her mind, but her thick Echani accent made everything sound very different when it was spoken rather than thought, and she had actually managed to sound friendly and interested.

[member="Celiana"]

As she'd taken her hand Celiana noticed an Echani accent. Interesting. As she'd spoken "So, um...how long have you been training here?" Celiana glanced over towards her and after taking a bite of her fish and swallowing it answered her question. "About two months now, always seems I'm running around doing and learning something new. This is actually the most substantial thing I've had to eat all day. Cleanest I've been too."

A smile crept onto her face as she cut off a piece of chicken and asking her question. "How about you? You been here awhile?" Then stuffing the bite of chicken into her mouth and chewing while her new friend thought on her answer.

[member="Aria Vale"]

Aria grinned as Celiana mentioned running around. "I've been here a month maybe, and yes, there's a lot of running around. I'm to be a Guardian, so training's pretty intense, but it's fun most of the time." She took another bite of her meal. "What are you training as?" Aria fancied she'd seen the woman around, but she'd likely seen everyone here a few times in passing - it was a school, after all. She hadn't seen her during her few group training sessions, but perhaps she just trained privately.

[member="Celiana"]

Finishing her mouthful of chicken and fish. Celiana took a very unladylike gulp of her tea. Listening to Aria speak about being trained as a guardian and her training being intense was...Nice. Nice to run into somebody that had half a second to chat rather than embracing the inner monkness of the Jedi. When she heard Aria's question, "What are you training as?"

Celiana took another unladylike gulp of tea before answering.

"I'm training under Master Roberts in the direction of a Jedi Sentinel currently. Though outside of my actual training with her I'm left largely to my own devices. One of which I'm currently taking a short break from and getting some good food and good company in while I have the chance." A twinkle entered her eyes as she mentioned good company.

"Tell me what's the training like as a Guardian? You'd mentioned it was intense, how so?"

Forking a bit more of her fish and chicken into her mouth and chewing Celiana waited for Aria's response.

[member="Aria Vale"]

Aria took a swig from the tall glass of water beside her meal and smiled. "Well, Guardians are combat-based. That means any form of combat your master. Martial arts, lightsabers, other Force tricks...think of the most intense duel you've ever had and imagine it lasted hours." Her smile widened as she saw the expression on Celiana's face. "So yeah, that's how it's intense. But being a Sentinel must be hard work - don't you have to do literally everything?" Aria took another mouthful, waiting for the reply. Everybody on Voss was welcoming and friendly, but all too often the people she encountered would be monastic and righteous in their reserve. The Silver in Silver Jedi meant to Aria that they were like Gray Jedi, aiding the Order without having to comply with their overly strict guidelines. It was nice to find somebody who didn't go full Jedi on her the second they met.

[member="Celiana"]

Hearing Aria talk about the training for Guardians sounded physically exhausting. When she asked about her own training Celiana smiled widely. "Being a Sentinel must be hard work- don't you have to do literally everything?" Looking at her new companion Celiana's eyes sparkled with amusement. "Excess in moderation dear, Sentinels need to have many skills but almost all of them are practiced."

Continuing her explanation Celiana said, "my Master tells me I'm a Tech Mage. Basically I'm inherently good with mechanical and repair work. Droids, swoops, ships, if it's mechanical odds are I can fix it. As to other skills I've picked up several. Pick-pocketing, slicing, shooting, concealment in crowds. All practiced skills."

Starting another topic Celiana asked Aria, "What is there to do around here that's not training?" You know, something fun? Setting about polishing off the rest of her food Celiana gave Aria a few minutes to respond.

[member="Aria Vale"]

It seemed like Celiana had been busy on Voss. Aria's training was almost entirely combat, although she had learnt a few things about concealment in preparation for spy missions she'd expressed interest in.

"Well, before here, I did martial arts for fun. Combat's big in Echani culture. But it'll likely be a while before I can find it fun after all the training." Aria considered the question, trying to find a more concrete answer. "You know, I really haven't had much time for fun. On Eshan if I was bored of combat I'd go off exploring, but that's not easy to do here, except for missions I guess - but they're only fun if you win. You got anything better?" By nature, if Aria wasn't enjoying a conversation she would end it as qickly and politely as possible, but Celiana was genuinely interesting to talk to and with the burden of training, she could definitely use a friend.

[member="Celiana"]

Having polished off her food her whole countenance noticeably shifted when Aria had mentioned being trained as Echani. Eyes narrowing, several things went through her mind. On one hand Celiana missed home, on the other she knew she was where she belonged. Phrasing her next question carefully Celiana asked, "You ever opened yourself fully through The Force while sparring? Have you seen the colors of people's intent, their emotions, or their thoughts while crossing blades with another?"

Wistfully speaking now Celiana continued, "It's like nothing else someone who's not been trained in the Echani ways can fully appreciate."

"Bah! I lose myself in thought sometimes. As to what we can do for fun that's always open to how imaginative we can be." Although I've been meaning to go into the city and pick a few things up if you're interested?" The mischievous twinkle returned to her eye and she sipped her tea waiting for Aria's response.

[member="Aria Vale"]

Her eyes widened in interest as Aria realised that like herself, Celiana had been raised an Echani. "I have - that's why I wanted to become a Guardian in the first place." Her eyes sparkled as she remembered everything she'd expected it to be. Voss was not that dream training experience, but it was still mind-blowing in a good way. "The idea of getting that sensation, day after day, and using it to fight evil - who could say no?"
She drained her water and grinned. "Yeah, I'd love to. May I ask what things exactly?"

[member="Celiana"]

A quick smirk crossed her face and Celiana said, "Yeah I thought you'd understand that being raised Echani."

"As to what I'm shopping for specifically, I need several things clothes wise. Something a bit more in terms of pants that can stand up to a serious beating, a couple pairs of boots because us girls tend to love shoes, and something a bit flashy. Never been a big fan of jewelry but something unique. A swoop-bikers jacket maybe?" There was a twinkle of mischievousness in her eyes as well as her voice.

Turning to look at Aria, Celiana asked, "what about you? you need anything?"

[member="Aria Vale"]

"Since you mentioned it, my gear's a bit worn through," Aria replied thoughtfully, "And I guess that after my last op I deserve some nice new things. I might even get a tattoo or something, I have been wanting one for a little while." Once again, Aria was glad to find somebody who wasn't ashamed to enjoy things like shopping and clothes - combat may have been her big 'thing', but she was still a girl and got tired of having to be endlessly reserved.

She grinned at the mention of the bikers jacket. "Yeah, I reckon it'd suit you."

[member="Celiana"]

Celiana thought to herself, Huh. Wouldn't have figured her for the tattoo type. Bahhh! Shows what I know. Hearing her new friend's thought of "Yeah, I reckon it'd suit you." Celiana couldn't help but grin.

Speaking again Celiana said, "Meet up outside my room here in around fifteen minutes?" Hoping Aria didn't take that as a come on she added, "Room 134, then we can head to the hangar and "borrow" a swoop to take into town."

[member="Aria Vale"]

As she finished her meal, Aria winked and return to her dormitory. She changed into something more appropriate for shopping, took her stash of credits from under her mattress - it was the sum of money she'd earned working as a waitress before Voss, combined with what remained of her parting gift from her foster parents - and after fifteen minutes she slipped back out and popped over to Room 134.

"Ah, the joys of being rebelliious," she grinned.

[member="Celiana"]

Heading back up to her room to change out of her lounge pants to something a little more.....rebellious. Celiana quickly changed into her "fun clothes", consisting of a black crop top that showed off her toned stomach as well as some olive cargo shorts that she'd strategically slashed up that fit snugly but suggestively at a downward angle trying to hang off of her left hip. Pulling on her combat belt and making sure she had her sabers as well as both segments of her Echani bladed staff, then grabbing a fairly large denomination credit chit and looking around a bit found her forearm bracer holding her datapad and slipped it over her left forearm. She felt Aria's presence before she had the chance to knock.

Exiting her door Celiana locked it behind her. A wicked grin on her face she turned to Aria and asked,"to the hangars?"

[member="Aria Vale"]

"Let's go." Aria couldn't keep the grin off her face as she followed along. Despite the gentle, peaceful demeanor most people saw in her, rebellion was fun and even though the Silver Jedi were not as strict as the rest of the Order, she felt like she was breaking a ground rule by sneaking off - especially with so much of her long, muscular legs showing in a belted olive playsuit - to go shopping. It was a feeling second only to proper combat.

[member="Celiana"]

Her new partner in crime in tow Celiana entered the turbolift with Aria stepping in beside her. Hitting a button taking them to the Hangar Level the doors opened with a ping. Walking out into the Hangar Celiana picked a speeder bike at random and crouching down starting her practice of another one of her skills. Bypassing the security lockdown device that'd essentially ground the swoop Celiana re-wired the device and quickly deactivated it keeping the lockdown sensor active.

"Child's play." Setting the device on the workbench next to the bike Celiana pulled a pair of neon swoop goggles over her eyes and handed another set to Aria. Tapping the button on her forearm datapad waking it to the ghostly blue display Celiana sent a command to the Voss Temple's Hangar Security doors giving them a command to open. Walking over beside the swoop swung her left leg over the rider's seat and turning to look at Aria patted the seat behind her. "Ready to take a ride on the wild side Aria?"

[member="Aria Vale"]

It was hard to keep how impressed Aria was out of her expression as Celiana bypassed security. She herself knew all the basics of technology and even a few extra things she'd learned here and there, but the speed at which Celiana did it was, in Aria's mind, unbelievable.

"You weren't kidding about the Tech Mage thing," she said as she pulled on the goggles. She continued to look on as Celiana set everything up, then sat down beside her. "Please, I live on the wild side."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom