Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Empire of Blood

A corpse.​
His body had been cut down, his mortality put under the bootheel of a jedi trying to interrupt the inheritance owed to him for a thousand generations. Cracking like stone, he flexed his gray fingers - watching the canyons in his skin spread and close.​
"A god walking."​
"Use our strength."​
The voices in his head were legion - speaking to him, commanding him. Every second they threatened to overtake him, remove what was left his identity and leave nothing but the Sith'ari spirit behind. He could practically feel the breath of the Worm Emperor on his neck, the cold grip of his hand on his shoulder - pointing him towards his enemies to lay them to waste.​
And Empyrean knew he could.​
When he lived as Maliphant, he was one of the strongest Sith in the Galaxy; but as Empyrean, he inherited the strength of a thousand generations of Sith. He was the Sith, the Eternal Order manifest in a body that was falling apart, held together by nothing but the sheer strength of the Dark Side. Even now he could feel deaths draw, hear the Celestials trying to break him apart - but their task was in vain.​
The Emperor could not fall, bend the knee to anyone. Even death.​
Now with his strength, the remnants of the Eternal Fleet was more like a storm rolling through the galaxy in chase of the Malsheem. A dark side nebula formed around them as they moved - trailing behind them like a wake as the galaxy flexed under his mere presence. To even be close to him was paramount to witnessing divinity - to frighten and break his enemies, and inspire the cult of the eternal aboard each ship.​
So he sat on his throne aboard the Acerbitas and waited - for the command to be announced that they had found Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , that his vengeance would come to fruition. All his detractors were to die - and he would suffer no dissent any longer.​
There would be nothing left.​

370d9lz.png

The regrowth of limbs was an annoying, painful process. Aboard her shuttle, Alina stared at the still reforming hand that had been claimed during the battle of Ozymandus. Skeletal, with only the muscle stretched thin over the joints. The rest would form in time, so long as she had her access to blood. There would be no mark at all that she'd even lost her arm in the first place.

All there would be was the echo of pain brought by the burning blade that had taken it.

She slipped on a black glove to cover the wound, a deeper frown settling on her lips as she turned her gaze to the destination she had in mind. Rumors spread far and wide. Maliphant was dead. Long live Empyrean. What that meant for the shallow alliance she held with Maliphant she'd come to figure out for herself. Her desire to kill the current Lords of the Sith mattered little until she held the power to do so.

Staying in their good graces was all she could afford to do now.

"Take us to the hangar, droid. And keep the ship running."

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Alina would be guided in by the automated systems - but aboard the ship she would find an odd sight. The entire crew, from officer to soldier was a Sith - some she would recognize on reputation alone. Empyrean had filled his crew with some of the most dangerous Eternals in the Order, and their gaze was ever judgmental as she was guided to the rear of the vessel, where Empyreans Academy lay.​
Behind giant runic doors sat the Dead God himself; corpse like and ruinous of skin. Half of his body was missing, the jagged remains of a lightsaber wound marking the left half of his body, a hint to the destruction he underwent beneath Odavessa. Now the Corpse sat, unmoving but for his jaw - a few words spoken in a deep echo that accented his great and terrible aura.​
" Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru - come closer and kneel. I have been expecting you."​

370d9lz.png

Kneel, huh?

Alina stepped forward, even respectfully bowed her head. But she didn't kneel. Her Master was the only Sith she'd kneel to. Foolish pride, perhaps, but it was a pride she felt she earned. "It looks like the rumors of your demise weren't exaggerated." A walking, talking corpse wasn't what she expected. Then again, it was little more than she was.

And yet something else all together.

"The Worm is dead, but I see the Eternals are alive as ever. Are the rumors of your succession true, then?"

While Empyrean did not exact dominance over her in the moment, she would feel the shadows creep closer. Eyes in the darkness glowing like reflecting something - hungry, watching as predators. The distant whispers of Sith long past could be heard in the silence, but their words couldn't be understood.​
"They are.", Empyrean offered from his seat.​
"I've killed the Worm, inherited his strength. Now I must consolidate, bring the Zambranos to heel for their treachery, and rebuild the Empire. The day of judgment looms, and if the Galaxy is to face fire it shall be by my hand."​

370d9lz.png

The shadows loomed. Alina frowned, casting a glance to the closest. She subtlety moved a hand, casting her will to remove that which loomed too close. Eldritch and unfamiliar. At least her power could still protect herself.

"You plan to fight the Zambrano?" Curiosity and intrigue filled the Knights voice as she turned her attention back to the Corpse Emperor. Or self proclaimed, at least.

"When?"

"We are trailing them now.", he offered plainly.​
"The Malsheem runs - no doubt to a stronghold of their design. I shall let them choose our Battlefield, but I will force them to bend the knee wherever the battle is placed."​
"I would ask of you and yours to join the Eternalists in putting down the Twice-Emperors forces. Allowed to fester independently, they will bring ruin upon us all for a third time."​

370d9lz.png

"Death tends to weaken people."

Alina's gaze narrowed. Just for a moment, staring down at the corpse in the throne. She couldn't feel the Force like others could. She could imagine whatever darkness resided inside him now left some of the mightiest quivering in their boots.

She wasn't one of those. Ignorance had always brought unwarranted pride. Both she always strived to take advantage of.

"Has it weakened you, Corpse Emperor?"

"Would you like to find out?", Empyrean said without so much as a twitch.​
The Shadow's yearned in that moment - pressed upon her ability with a profound surge that faded only a moment later. It was the same sensation one got looking out the transparisteel of a star cruiser into the void - or off the edge of a vast canyon to its depths. He was the apex of a cliff - and beyond him was death in the darkness of existential strength.​
But he did not stand nor challenge her - he simply asked her a question. What she felt now was merely his breath.​

370d9lz.png

Familiar.

That's all she could describe it as. Something that brought a horrid nostalgia. It wasn't hard to find the memory, either. The Worm. When she'd first met the worm. Or perhaps more so, now. She could smell the death here. A half chuckle was all she could offer as she shook her head.

"I'm sure I'll see soon enough, when you clash with the twice failed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom