Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Emerald AfFair [Corellian Olys Fair]

Hoid Hallafax

H
Corellia - AgriDome in Coronet City

Old Corellian was a dead language preserved by a few small groups in the Corellian Sector and her colonies. Linguists, historians, rich aristocrats, and nerds. Big, big nerds whom, every Autumn season, held a huge festival celebrating a mythical time where reptiles the size of krayt dragons breathed fire, ancient courts of magicians wielded spells against evil goblin warlords, and knights served their Corellian kings faithfully.

It was the Coronet Olys Fair. All around the AgriDome in the heart of Coronet City there were people dressed in old clothes and armor. Robes and monster costumes. The internal weather control sent gusts of wind that carried the smell of open roasting meats, candied goodies, and the unfortunate smell of cattle. Laughs and cheers from all around filled the dome.

There were rides, games, contests, maize mazes, and more. Re-tellings of ancient stories, costume contests, and copious amounts of Corellian Apple cider...Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Even just outside the dome the festivities had infected the area with several bars and cantinas serving specialty drinks and the costumed patrons filling the walkways.

It was a time of fun for all.

Equipment: The Kinetic Dagger (Used to look like part of a costume)
Wearing: Clothing
Ship: Locus Class Fighter
Tags: Open

Renn walked in the entrance, looking around he saw the festivities, his dagger by his side. Walking around he was interested in this part of history, he hadn't learned too much about it, but he could learn more. During his stroll he looked at people in costumes and smelt the food around him. It was quiet fun to see the "events" and listen to speakers talk about history. When he looked over at a food stand, he decided to walk over. He wasn't missing much, just two people fighting with fake swords, or at least he thought they were. The food at the stand smelled wonderful so he pulled out a bag of credits and bought some.

What he now chewed was very impressive, he decided to buy a bit more and carried it to go. The food filled him quickly, and the rest could be eaten later. Renn pondered if he had a fridge in the Locus, truly didn't matter, the bag would most likely be empty by the time he left. He wondered if he would see any familiar faces, he was here on his own. Yet still he enjoyed watching people play chess and fake sword fights. This was a nice relaxing break from his job.

He knew he was out in the wilds for too long when he realized he was almost missing the Emerald Affair! Starchaser was of old Corellian blood, and even could speak Olys Corellisi when the occasion called for it. He knew that it was left for Jared and Kaia to learn it, and he wasn’t sure how well they were with it. Didn’t matter, though, the Patriach of the Starchasers was making his way back to the Homeworld. His YT-2000 had landed and the Jedi Master was debating between two different outfits. Sure, he could go as himself, but instead, what he was doing was dressing as an old Corellian hero.

Corran Horn. The outfit was much more archaic than what Coren typically worn. Green robes, a cloak, and a toy lightsaber. It felt a bit odd being unarmed, but this was definitely going to be more fun for him than it should be. The planet was his home, and he knew the history, but what he loved more than anything? Seeing how other people interpreted it, and the mythos of Corellia.

Stepping into the AgriDome, he took a deep breath before looking around.

Fun and games, music that set off the whimsey in a soul and crowds everywhere. Sam enjoyed the food and smells of the Fair. She was smiling at a vendor right now as they haggled through the price, "oh come it's a cream puff not a jiang."

She growled as the vendor nodded, "I know but the cream filling can be so expensive Sam."

Elias was one of the finest bakers on Corellia he had been before the tragedy that split the planet and soon became again when they found a way to continue their way of life on a broken world, space ships, platforms, and every other thing that would hold them.

"Elias, really...I'm not some offworld I know what it takes and what you are asking is robbery." She smiled, "I know what to do with robbers"

Elias laughed his belly shook as he shook his head. "OK Sam you win..." They made the exchange.

"I'll tell everyone to come over here" Sam walked away with her treat confident she had gotten a bargain.

Nyree was always down for a party of literally any kind. She was just as comfortable in a rave as she was at a ball. She was just as ready to throw down and get trashed as she was to clink tea glasses and talk about the economic state of things. And at a ye old tyme-y fair, well Nyree was down to clown.

She finished the last copper clasp on her Terentek hide bodice and admired herself in the mirror from each angle. The black shell spider silk leggings that had been costumed tailored to her were expensive, but damn were they worth it. Nyree turned, getting a full veiew of herself from the side, the back, all around. She sighed, "Sometimes I wish I was someone else, Deeper, that way I could enjoy how beautiful I am like the rest of you do."

"I can certainly understand that, you Princess-ship. Are you absolutely certian that you will be safe?" her protocol droid asked, tilting his head as he fussed, "I could accompany you--"

"What are you gonna do, Deeper, complain at them till they die?" Nyree asked running her fingers through her styled hair one last time to give it some extra volume.

"I merely meant--"

"I was being sarcatic, Deeper," Nyree rolled her eyes, "Its a classic fair. You'd crash the mood, more than you normally do. If it makes you feel better, keep the Sky Princess ready to launch, ok?"

"Of course, Princess," Deeper said, resigning himself to his status once again.

Nyree stepped by him, exiting her chrome ship and diving head first into this new world. The smells of delicious food, the feelings of great fun, and the beautiful colors all came at her at once. She drank it in, her lips broke in a genuine smile. This would be incredible fun, even if she was supposed to be on some sort of assignment. Her brown leather boots clacked on the floor with each hip-swaying step she took deeper into this party. She was soon lost among the crowd, looking for fun.

By day he was a grizzled soldier of the Corellian Defense Force. A pilot with incredible skill, a plant embedded into a dozen criminal underworld organizations, a man with few morals and one true loyalty.

By night however...

"Begone, o Drake of wings foul!" He shouted, swinging his fake sword. Tarc was garbed in the cosplay armor of an adventurer, a mix of synthetic leathers and light weight materials meant to emulate steel. His antennae bobbed as he took a mighty step towards the animatronic dragon hissing steam from its nostrils.

Tonight he was an actor, doing what he really loved.

He stepped forward two more times and rolled to the side as the dragon spat an orange holo-flame. The timed pads underneath the stage started a small fire where the holoflame had been burning a minute earlier. The crowd gasped as Tarc, now the hero 'Starkiller Galvary', punctured the dragon's belly and with a might roar ripped his sowrd through the prop dragon. The dragon screamed and spewed more holo-flame into the air above the crowd before falling. Tarc gave a triumphant shout and the narrator began speaking as the crowd cheered.

Candy. Cotton Candy. A mandatory requirement of any fair no matter the theme. Skice skimmed through the crowd for a suitable vendor not wanting to just go to any fool with a mixer and blue dye. And she meant BLUE dye not that generic pink stuff, after all if your going to eat something dressed in chain mail and leather boots you might as well go all out. Finally after what felt like hours of searching she found the place.

A small cart with cones stacked in a container and pink squiggly lines running across the logo, wrote in Olys Corellisi mind you. It didn't matter a rampaging Rancor couldn't save that Cotton from its final destination...Her stomach. She walked over to the stand in high hopes of shoving that delicious ball of sweetness down her gullet. She was standing at the cart immediately notifying the vendor to her presence.

Skice jumped with excitement as he handed her the cotton holding his other hand out as to receive his retribution. She paid him off and skipped away satisfied with her food. It was nice to take a break from the constant death in the galaxy. Looking at recent news only guaranteed a desperate outlook on the universe. Skice suddenly heard a loud roar followed by a loud thud and cheering. She looked over to see a dragon lying dead on the ground and who she assumed to be the slayer.

This was relaxing no pressures other than what to choose to do. When was the last time she had been able to walk around without wondering who was shooting who, or who was up to no good.

Course it would have been fun with someone like [member="Delila Castillon"] or her brothers [member="Brad Solo"] [member="Hawk Solo"] but they were lost these days both gone for years now it seemed. And then [member="Gregory Gray"] was marked MIA from his last mission out.

Sam was on her own. Life had not turned as she expected it. While lost in her thoughts she looked around for her next treat that was the great thing about this she could have anything she wanted. She'd smile at those she knew, and at some memory that tugged for her attention. Then she saw a sign that said memory lane.

She just had to check it out.

The great irony of being so old, Tiland realized, was that there were a great many people here at this festival dressed not unlike himself, and he was simply wearing his everyday clothes. Indeed, many greeted him as a wizard or some sort of pilgrim, which after he considered, were accurate. Still, however, it was odd to find that he was not necessarily wearing what most of the members of the society considered normal.

Not that he was offended. If anything, he found it greatly amusing to be seen as such a part of this alternative reality. Or historical one, depending on who you asked. He couldn't speak Old Corellian, so much of what happened was outside of his linguistic capabilities, but that was fine. He wandered through the crowds with a smile on his face as he took in the scents and smells of the festivities. There seemed to be some exceptionally good cooks here and it made his mouth water.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to eat it. It was part of the Anzati process of aging. The earlier, more normal digestive system began to fade away as they sustained themselves more and more fully on life-force energy alone. His was the Force. He could still drink tea, but anything more solid and he felt ill for a long time.

So for now, he would simply have to appreciate the aromas and the joy of others as they ate.

Location : Corellian Olys Fair | Objective : Find alcoholic cider , [member="Samantha Solo"]

Delila passed under a large banner written in Olys Corellisi, the only word her meager language skills could pick out was the word ol'val or hello.The change of seasons was upon Coronet, leaves changing on trees into brilliant golds, reds and oranges. It had been her favorite time of year when she first lived on planet and by luck (horrible luck,but still..) it would be the first time in over a decade she would be able to fully experience a shift in seasons.

It was an odd transition, herself and [member="Xin Boa"] were used to sticking to the spacelanes over the years. Having their wings clipped and forced to ground was a change but if she had to spend a few months stuck on a planet it might as well be Corellia.

Slowly she was walking through the closed streets of the festival. Children ran around in costumes of the days of old, some with toy blasters and lightsabers. She couldn't help but to smile at a a pair of kids dressed in older CorSec uniforms, laughing as they ran past her on the crowded path.

She couldn't allow the dark thoughts of sadness to overwhelm her she had to push forward. Slowly she walked along procuring another treat, and a drink to wash it down.

Firecrackers exploding filled the air, with a call to come watch the dancers.

She couldn't resist, off towards the dancers she went charmed by the music and thoughts of entertainment.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Samantha Solo"]

It wasn't difficult to find alcohol on Corellia and at the fair it was even easier. Delila had a large hard cider in hand, the booth promising the fruit was from the finest Corellian farms. It seemed to matter little to the hoards of people assembled, all moving towards one of the stage shows. Dells had mentioned the Corellian Ballet to Xin, not his thing at all so it was doubtful they would be headed to a show. Best take in what she could at the fair.

Dells moved with the crowd, sticking towards the back. No need to fight the crowds to get closer, the show being projected holographically on two different sides of the central area.

Quinvee Dogen

Q
The Olys Fair was one of Quin's favorite events on Corellia. Back in his Uni days he and his mates would get together around the local bars and smash a few pints back before heading into the dome itself for the festivities and...To be honest, the hot cosplay. Nowadays...He typically went on his own. If his sister hadn't been off on some Green Jedi mission in the outer systems she'd probably be here with him. As it was though it was just him tonight.

His large, green form towered over the crowd as he tried his best not to spill the Corellian Apple cider on their heads. He took a sip, taking care not to leave any foam or liquid in his beard and attempted to shrug through a group of particularly sedentary people. He found himself looking at a holigraphic display of dancers.

His eyes fell on a particularly grumpy looking red head. She looked vaguely familiar...But he couldn't put his finger on it...He couldn't help but stare as he desperately raked his brain to figure out who he woman was, or if he should know her at all...

[member="Delila Castillon"] [member="Samantha Solo"]

[member="Quinvee Dogen"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

She stopped and couldn't help herself she was staring.. He was big and green, like really green. She questioned her drink was there something in it that perhaps was tricking her mind into thinking he was big and green.

Surely I'm insane right now. She closed her eyes thinking it would clear her mind but then she noticed something he was staring at someone else..she tracked to where she thought his gaze was going.

OH! I know her

"DELLS!" those around her turned and stared, "what I do know her" She pushed through the crowd, "DELLS!" She cried again, she hoped she would hear her, she looked for Dell's partner in crime [member="Xin Boa"] but he was no where to be seen...awww..."DELLS!" She jumped up and down still gathering a few looks.

"It's fine really...." Oh man.

Startorn walked into the festival with a small smile, it had been a long while since he'd been to anything even remotely fun so this was a nice change of pace, for the first time in a long time he had his helmet off in public, he wore just a simple cloak with the hood up, and of course he still had his armor and pistol underneath, I mean what do you expect? He's mandalorian.

As he was going he heard a woman yelling to someone before seemingly giving up, "need help miss?" He asked her from behind

[member="Startorn"]

Sam turned abruptly, "um...I see a friend I was trying to get her attention." knowing Dells she was probably deeply involved in a fruity drink without the parasol or the fruit.

Sam turned again she knew Dells was out there. She turned back to, she looked him from head to foot, the mandalorian. Her mandalorian was real rusty and yah know she could try it here but how embarrassing if she said something like what color is your briefs when she meant something more like welcome to Corellia.

She'd stick with basic, "Have you ever been to the Fair before?" She knew how to be polite and hospitable. She finished off her treat. "by the way you are a mandalorian right?"

Startorn let out a small chuckle at the woman's very accented mandalorian. "Yes, but I speak comin speech fluently, and to your first question no, on Mandalor we had tournaments but no fairs" Startorn looked around at all the stuff, it was truly amazing what a culture built on companionship would celebrate "on Mandalor we celebrated the great wars by holding tournaments to the death, but this is a celebration, not a place for such dark things, is this your first fair?"

[member="Startorn"]

"Tournaments, that sounds....interesting. So lots of life or death stuff. That's an interesting culture." She looked around she'd take criminals and candy any day.

"No actually I'm Corellian I grew up here I've seen lots of fairs...so...until my friend perks up. I can show you faire." She made a bit of a face looking at him, "Do you always wear this?"

She had heard they never show their face...was it true?

He looked down at his cloak "no, I actually have my armor under this but my old helmet got damaged, that's part of the reason I'm here, my friend is fixing it for me" he explained "but I do always wear my armor"

[member="Startorn"]

"Doesn't it get hot in there?" She closed her eyes, "sorry I just never had someone to ask those kind of questions to, and...asking a stranger shouldn't be where I start."

Oh man she thought dumb move Samantha. She nodded and smiled, "Well then...is there anything you'd have an interest in, food, drink, customs, dance.....ummm entertainment." She had been heading towards the dancers, the gentle call of the bell letting them know it would be starting.

"So...Oh I'm Sam. What should I call you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom