Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Emerald AfFair [Corellian Olys Fair]

[member="Startorn"] | [member="Samantha Solo"] | [member="Quinvee Dogen"]

Delila was off to the side,drinking her hard cider. In typical Corellian fashion it had a hard kick, a bit stronger than something one would find offworld. A nice change of pace to be sure but she would have to place a hard limit on how many drinks she could consume at the fair. The performance had started but she was far back enough to allow for personal conversation, many attending the festival lounging in the grass.

Dells could have sworn she heard her name and she waved, looking for the person it was attached to. Probably someone had just seen a redhead and gotten mistaken for someone else, happened often. Or maybe it was an old CorSec buddy. It was Corellia after all, she hadn't been on planet in some time.

"you'd be amazed at how well in suit cooler's work, and you can ask me any questions, I've never really had anyone to talk about these things with before, most people see a Mando and leaves us well alone" he replied "you can call me Star, so milady Sam, would you care for a dance?" He asked

[member="Samantha Solo"]

She stood there absorbing what he said, he would let her ask questions and he wanted to dance.

"Sure a dance I can do that Star....so does anyone ever knock on your armor and ask redundant questions like anyone home?" She had heard a lot about mandalorians and had only a bit of experience with them so this opportunity to talk to someone was great.

"Course I have serious questions like...why are mandalorians so war focused? "

She realized she had not let him answer the first, and she had started walking towards the festival floor where the dancing was going on. She turned making sure he followed

[member="Startorn"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

Startorn chuckled "last person that knocked on my armor did it with a baton so he got a blaster to the chest, but I might give you a little leeway" he said winking at her as they got closer to the dance floor, he thought about how to answer her second question for a sec, long enough to get on the dance floor, he took one of her hands in his own and rested the other on her side "it's a philosophy, the strongest are the most respected and honored, and to be respected and honored in our culture is everything, so we fight to be the strongest, to win the honor and respect of our people, and when we fight each other? It's to prove who's clan is the strongest, who's clan deserves the most respect and honor" Startorn told her

"So it sounds like survival of the fittest Star, is that right?" She was fascinated and yet part of her thought it was barbaric. The pair moved through the other couples that had joined the entertainment. The music wafted along on the currents.

She moved turning for a moment catching site of the familiar red hair [member="Delila Castillon"] "OH there she is!" They turned she smiled at Star, "You should meet her"

Another turn "DELLS" she lifted a hand and waved it hard...."HEYYYY!"

[member="Startorn"]

"sorta, as we say weapons are our religion, it depends on who's the current ruler, if he or she has proven themselves and earned the respect of the people usually he won't be challenged, we fight amongst each other but turn our blasters as soon as Mandalor is threatened" Startorn said then sighed "at least before the empire came" then she called to that Dell? Pretty sure, but called to her again, "what is your fascination with this woman?" Startorn asked

[member="Samantha Solo"], [member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Startorn"]

"Fascination, oh, well, she's my sister-in-law...you know family. ([member="Delila Castillon"] ) I haven't seen her in a bit we each have duties that take us away a lot." For a moment Sam was sad her family scattered all over then she heard what he said about mandalorians.

"Empire. I've heard rumors about the Empire and Mandalore. So its true that they have an alliance?" She had also heard that the Sith had destroyed mandalore again. But she would leave that for Star to tell her if he chose to.

[member="Samantha Solo"]

"Alliance? Never, they are conquered but no, they are in no alliance with the empire, at least not the Mandalorians" after saying this he realized that she might be a bit confused so he explained.

"My people currently do not live on Mandalor, the only people there are cowards who claim to Mandalorians but they are just pretenders, being a mandalorian is not a birthright by heritage or even by being born on the planet, it is a privilege, a way of life, when you walk the way of the Mandalor you dedicate yourself to our ways, anyone can try to walk the Way but only those who truly are Mandalorians in heart can walk the Way, the people who live on Mandalor are not Mandalorians, they forsook the Way as soon as they bent the knee, they forsook the Way and our planet, when it is liberated again it will not go back to the people who live there, it will go to the true Mandalorians, the ones who still follow the Way" after he'd finished he took a deep breath and said "I'm sorry if I bored you it's just....I meet many people who I'm comfortable talking about things like this, there's just something different about you"

[member="Startorn"] | [member="Samantha Solo"]

Delila had downed her cider and had shuffled off to a nearby foodstall to wait in line. Someone was calling her name and waving, who she couldn't tell. Instead she waved back at the unknown figure. Didn't need to be rude, maybe they weren't even waving to her at all? The fair was crowded and it seemed as the sun went down the instances of lost people were rising.

Reaching the top of the line, Dells bought some fried dough covered in sugar and found an empty bench to lounge on and devour her food. Grease, sugar, alcohol - she hadn't eaten this horribly since her early years.

"Not an alliance" She paused allowing herself moments to absorb the information, "That's good know Star thank you. I'm not sure what to say to the rest it you are angry at those on Mandalore and you feel they are not mandalorians because they bent the knee...when you say bend the knee do you mean to a leader who had not earned it, or to the Sith domination of Mandalore." As easily as she usually caught on to things sometimes clarification was needed and absolutely necessary. "I don't mean to try your patience, I just want to be sure"

She looked over again to where she saw the familiar red head. Sam grabbed Star's hand, "come with me please" She wasn't trying to be rude she headed off to where she thought she saw Dells. Star might not understand but she would explain that Dells was really the only family she had left....he had to understand family right?

They were passing a group of performers heading towards the entertaingment tent...the one had just what she needed. Sam bartered quickly a credit for use...then raising the bullhorn, "DELLS IT'S SAM............." She waited to see if the red head would cringe, run or yell...any of the three were expected.

"it's because they bent the knee to the sith, the true Mandalor would have fought to the last" Startorn said shaking his head, then she started to drag him along, he smiled at the woman then got confused when she got a--oh, never mind, he cringed a bit as other people around them jumped and looked to the two strangely "I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of subtle do you?"

[member="Samantha Solo"] [member="Delila Castillon"]

"Subtle" she laughed, "not when I want something." She made sure to keep him with her for whatever the reason was, "It sounds like your people" She stopped for a moment realizing that what she was going to say might offend him but it was her thoughts.

"Your people sound confused and lost Star. Maybe they need a reminder of who they are. No one is really meant to be a servant to someone else it happens but most crave freedom once they realize the yoke they carry is heavy and limiting." She smiled again.

She shrugged a bit, "You'll like Dells, everyone does"

"you haven't been there Sam, i was there before it was taken and away when they took it, i went back there again not long ago, the people there, there not the same people before the empire" Startorn said shaking his head then laughed when she said he'd like the woman "we'll see"

[member="Samantha Solo"] [member="Delila Castillon"]

Sam nodded, "You're right I wasn't there, and I don't know your people. But ask yourself if they have changed what made them change?" In her own mind she thought to herself maybe they got tired of something, were hoping for something better, so many reason why people do things that are out of character.

But if what they did was so different they who they were then they had to be broken, and they seem to need someone to point them the way back to their path. People got lost on the streets and underworld of Corellia all the time. Lost their faith, their jobs, their families, get tired of taking a beating and decide to beat back.

She half smiled, "Yes we shall see if you like her."

[member="Startorn"]

[member="Startorn"] | [member="Samantha Solo"]

Delila was quietly eating her sugary treat, back relaxed against the bench as she people watched. Xin had stayed behind in their temporary home for the next couple of months, too tired and sore to spend the evening out, so she was flying solo. Legs stretched experimentally when she heard her named yelled very, very loudly. Brows furrowed, the speaker claiming it was Sam.

Slowly she got up and walked to the stage, the only Sam she knew was her former sister-in-law.

"i know why they changed, fear, and fear is what Mandalorians reject, a Mandalorian knows no fear" Startorn said "once you reject the Way you reject it for good, because it means you had doubt in it, and doubt in the Way is something we don't have" Startorn shook his head "if the people were to be excepted like nothing happened, the new Mandalorians would be weak, because the ones who would want to be Mandalorian again would be traitor's, traitor's for standing on Mandalor and doing nothing to free it"

Tags: [member="Delila Castillon"] [member="Samantha Solo"]

It sounded very complicated. "So...no going back no...um way to do penance to redeem themselves...? " She blinked and stopped she could see that Dells was now heading towards them. She waved her hand holding it high up, "DELLS"

This was certainly a work out.

She looked at Star again, "So mandalorians don't accept mistakes?" If they didn't like mistakes Star was certainly not going to like being around her for very long. She was full of mistakes. She smiled though as she tried to understand it.

She really was trying hard to understand.

"it's about loyalty, you wouldn't keep around an advisor if he gave you up to your enemy's, and the people on Mandalor betrayed Mandalor, it would be like expecting to be friends again with someone who you put in slavery, the trust isn't there, and why should we trust them not to give up Mandalor again?" Startorn explained, he realized it might be hard to understand, Mandalor was very different from the rest of the Galaxy.

Tags:[member="Samantha Solo"] [member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Samantha Solo"] | [member="Startorn"]

Sam was really excited to see her, if the yelling was anything to judge by. Instead she waved back as she approached, trying to let the other woman know that yes she did indeed see her ion the crowd. Yawn escaped her and she finally had meandered close enough. Sam was talking to an armored man and she raised an eyebrow. She looked between the two and waited a moment.

"You two on a date?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom