Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Afternoon at the Vale [Yasha]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Stormvale

Bastion
[member="Yasha Mantis"]
40oX25i.png

Mr. Carrington, Mr. Barbary along with Miss Moynihan and Miss Wheeler had assembled at Stormvale's entrance as they waited for the car to bring to her ladyship Mrs. Mantis around by car. The property was large enough that a trip from the speeder parcade to Stormvale's entry required it. Mr. Suthmeer and Mr. Jephcots had selected a fine vehicle in which to bring her ladyship and her daughter around. The soft gravel beneath the tires helped ease the trip but certainly gave them the old world feel as the property revealed itself to them both. Rear Admiral Fiolette Yvarro had arrived just in time as the car pulled around the corner and was brought up to the entry. Mr. Jephcots placed the vehicle in park and got down as Mr. Suthmeer and Mr. Barbary moved to help the lady Mand'alor and her daughter down from the car.

"Hello darlings," Fiolette greeted moving ahead of Mr. Carrington with a wide smile, "hello and welcome to Stormvale."

He cleared his throat a moment, and Fiolette turned. "My goodness it has been quite a while, please, please come in and everyone can make their introductions."

Mr. Carrington made a small nod to the wet nurse who had been brought along, Mr. Suthmeer stayed to help her down while Mr. Barbary saw to her things setting them down on the small luggage rack. Miss Moynihan and Miss Wheeler moved to head back inside Stormvale with the Admiral and her ladyship the Mand'alor. As odd as that was to them, "Miss Moynihan will be assigned to help you, your daughter and your nurse while you're here at the manor. If you have need of our kitchens just ring from your room and our lovely Mrs. Hicks shall prepare anything you so desire."

"Come this way," Fiolette led them from the foyer and entry and down the hall to the sitting room, "and you may have a seat anywhere here, but first let me get a look at your lovely Adara."

Stormvale's staff was not too far behind Miss Moynihan and Mr. Carrington joined them in the sitting room. "And how have you been dear?"

What a conundrum for Mand’alor the Infernal to be dressed rather fashionably in an ankle-length sun dress and smart travelling jacket, instead of her characteristic and formidable armour. While [member="Darth Carnifex"] ensured that Yasha would receive no violent predicaments upon Bastion, the faith she had in [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] had the young Mand’alor dressing as quite the smart woman, acquainted of Naboo and Atrisian fashion, instead of the harsh and violent armaments of the Mando’ade.

Nestled in the arms of her wet nurse Aiya, [member="Adara Raxis"] cuddled, barely two months old and finally cleared enough by the medical doctors who attended her constantly, to travel. Yasha took the hand of the footman, who offered her the proprietous exit from the ground vehicle, a smart pair of powder blue gloves draped from fingertip to elbow, as was proper for a young and virile married Lady.

A fetching hat of matching blue to the gloves sat upon Yasha Mantis’ brow, draped with a netted veil from crest to the tip of her nose. Her characteristic black lipstick cut an edgy and fashionable show upon the demure outfit, as lips spread into a brilliant smile at the sight of her dear Fiolette.

“Hello Admiral Yvarro! We had a marvellous time arriving, thank you so much for being good enough to entertain us.” Yasha curtseyed, more Lady than Mand’alor in this place, and relieved to allow her education in the ‘finer etiquettes’ to guide her.

Fiolette’s estate was much more massive and overwhelming than Yasha previously gave credit. She looked with wide amber eyes, wondering what life would be like if she’d followed her mother’s desires to live a Lady’s life. As it was, the experience at Stormvale was the first of which Yasha received a taste of the life she left behind to serve the Mando’ade Collective. Amber eyes widened.

It really was quite the sight.

Entering Stormvale, Yasha’s eyes widened still more, her lips pursing in a glance of utter wonder. As if on cue, Aiya set the swaddled infant Adara, clothed in a pristine lilac dress and white patent dress shoes in Fiolette’s arms.

“Fiolette Yvarro, meet Adara Vigdis Nussyn… my little princess.” Yasha busied with Adara’s collar for a moment, smoothing out the little hat on Adara’s head. The child was light, oddly so for a 2 month old, an obvious sign of premature birth and complication.

“Thank you Miss Moynihan. Ayia, please set up our room the way we like. Thank you, and don’t forget to take a moment for yourself.” Yasha said to the Epicanthix nanny, who bowed and went off with Fiolette’s hired help.

All around, Adara was a fairly sickly infant, and one would get the impression that the wrong breeze could send the child into a tailspin. Yasha moved to a settee, sitting primly upon it. The Mand’alor herself had undergone a most impressive change since last Fiolette saw her. A flush of youthful health appeared across Yasha’s skin, and one might have gotten the impression the already impressively tall young Epicanthix had in fact, grown taller. She settled, pressed her hands to the fabric of her dress, and could not contain her grin.

“I’ve been…” Yasha’s smile retreated for a brief second, quirking back for appearances’ sake, yet not capable of reaching her eyes. “Well. Barataria was hard on all of us, but no thanks to the Silver Jedi, we survived. Pardon my language, I’m embittered by recent events. Adara and I are alive, which is more than I can say for Kaden, who… has either died or disappeared. I know not which, although my hunters’ search ended unsuccessfully just two days ago. He’s…. he’s gone, Fio. I couldn’t save him.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Please darling, Fiolette is just fine we're beyond formalities you and I." Fiolette reminded with a soft voice as she held the tiny darling Adara in her arms, "oh she is just precious Yasha, just so precious." And she had the newborn baby smell, Balance help the old woman there was nothing like a newborn baby. Nothing at all in this entire galaxy. Miss Moynihan had gone to help Aiya with the set up of the room. "We do have a nursery here just as well, and I'm sure Miss Moynihan will help your Miss Aiya with that just as well. Oh, you sweet darling girl." The Rear Admiral cooed softly, if this is what it felt like to be a godmother, then she could not wait to be a grandmother.

Quietly she held the babe close for a moment or two longer before passing the infant back to her mother. Fiolette was then able to get a good look at the Mand'alor herself. "You look rather radiant, not that you hadn't before but there is something ... more here I believe." The older woman held her smile and then took a moment or two to settle into the sofa and listen to Yasha. "I'm sorry to hear that my dear." Fiolette would not have known what to do with Lucy if Josef had passed so early on, grateful that her ex-husband was still around the Galidraani could only imagine what the younger woman before her was experiencing. "Just know that I am here if you should have need of me."

A soft clearing of the throat from Mr. Carrington alerted Fiolette to his direction. "Pardon me, Admiral. Her Ladyship is unable to make it down to meet with Madame Mand'alor, she is quite busy in the study at the moment, but she does send her regards."

"Oh, well that's quite alright thank you, Mr. Carrington," she turned her attention back to Yasha and thought to explain a moment, "now tell me what are your plans for Bastion my dear? How long are you and the darling to stay?"

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“It’s this palace of yours. I feel like I should curtsey to the rugs, let alone the curtains and staff and… it has been some time since I was present in a place with the finer things.” Yasha laughed, shaking her head and watching as [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] held her infant girl. The way Fiolette held Adara was beyond Yasha, she’d had far too much difficulty attaching.

“Thank you, Fio. If you wouldn’t mind terribly and it wasn’t an inconvenience, I could make use of the nursery, while we’re here” Not that Yasha would admit it. There was an essence of love, a beauty to the way Fiolette carried Yasha’s little infant, which stroked across Yasha’s cheek. She should feel that way. She should feel for her daughter the way Fiolette did. If not more.

“She’s beautiful. Sometimes I sit and watch her breathe. I could be in the middle of a meeting and I stop to see her. Emperor Zambrano was good to offer me the use of two of his wet nurses, to help with Adara while I work.” Taking her daughter back from Fiolette, Yasha fussed with Adara’s dress, a tender glance down at her little girl.

“I’ve discovered a wealth of help while Kaden’s… as he’s… my father Gray is never far away, and Kaine Australis has stepped in to co-parent Adara with his daughter [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]. Beth’s a fantastic girl, she’s as doting as a sister on my ad’ika.” Cuddling Adara for a moment, Yasha stared down at the child in an attempt to see what others saw, the beauty she was, and not the still child she would have buried, if not for Kaine’s intervention. Could she love Adara?

It was the first time Yasha knew true fear, the fear of losing her daughter was rampant in her veins like a polluted collection of white blood cells.

“I’ve had the most extraordinary rejuvenation, Fiolette.” Yasha smiled, as Aiya came to stand behind Yasha, the quiet servant. “After Barataria, my years of wounds caught up with me. I was given a vial of Aspha Serum, and after two days of intense agony, I woke up fully healed, my body lengthened and recovered even from the malnutrition I suffered as a small child.”

Mr. Carrington came to Fiolette, whispering in her ear. Her Ladyship… Yasha’s eyebrow rose. “Her Ladyship, dear Fio, whomever do you have lurking in your boudoir, eh? Dish, please.”

Adara fidgeted and Yasha’s eyes yanked down, she fussed over her girl, as new to Adara as Adara’s life was new to the Galaxy. Aiya coughed, and offered her hands. Yasha’s bright amber eyes glanced up at Fiolette, and over at Aiya, and with a certain reluctance, Yasha gave her infant up.

“I have… words with [member="Darth Carnifex"], a visit of state, which should take some length of days. Yet, beyond that, my Council gave me leave to take a small vacation, while things are quiet on Mandalore. I’ve been told the cultural events here are significantly enjoyable. I hope you don’t mind me imposing for a few days to rejuvenate and spend some time bonding with you, and Adara… after all, she must fall in love with her Godmother…. as I have.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette almost blushed but military training forbade such things. "I appreciate the compliment," she allowed her self a genuine smile, "truly, but this home is the work of myself and." She paused a moment as to not give away such names, "her Ladyship and I both put in quite the work to this home. Our agent had shown us many properties between here and Dromund Kaas but this, this is what we wanted." Stormvale chose them she liked to say, and of course - the nursery, the only reason it had been returned to service was for Adara. Neither Fiolette nor Taeli had a use for one they had no infant or small child between them, and discussions of such remained an implication rather than a topic of discussion.

"Of course darling, you may have full access our nursery and we will see to any need that you may have whilst here." The redhead shifted in her seat and listened to Yasha speak about the Emperor. His Majesty was truly a unique man she had to say, although her meeting with him had been brief she knew nothing more beyond that. Words from Lady Raaf and now Yasha were all that she had to go on aside the scuttle from the fleet. "Mhmm, I understand completely when I had my daughter I often held her close and watched her and I just could not help but wonder how was it that I was able to create such a beautiful darling."

Parents and friends were often of great help during such times. "Count your blessings where they lay my dear, I am grateful that your father and your." What was it that they called them in the Mandalorian culture? "Vode? Is it? Well, I am grateful that they are there to help you and your sweet girl." Fiolette had trouble with her son when he was born, and attaching to him but perhaps the threat of his father taking him away from her aided with her bond and love for him. Memories of Ferrathias surfaced and she pushed them away, as she heard Yasha speak of rejuvenation. A small smirk crawled its way unto her lips, Fiolette had her own secrets with regards to youth but she would not divulge them now.

A genuine spark of laughter from the Admiral. "Ah yes, her Ladyship. Miss Taeli Raaf, she is the owner and operator of Aurora Industries." She also happened to be Fiolette's lover, girlfriend, and confidant. "She and I have been together for a short while and decided to make a go of our relationship, and this home was part of that." When Aiya came in for Adara, Fiolette watched with a maternal gaze and then returned her attention to Yasha when she continued to speak.

"I do not mind at all darling, and this will give you a chance to become more acquainted with her Ladyship as well as my daughter, Lucy. She's away for the moment at the local naval base but she should be returning later in the evening." Fiolette would love nothing more than to have Yasha and Adara over for a few more days, Stormvale could use the company and the staff would have more people to serve. Taeli already clamped down on that aspect of the budget, servants anyway. "You are both welcomed here any time darling."

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“You are most deserving.” Yasha smiled, away from the military nature of her warrior culture, Yasha was free to do so, and enjoyed the moments of freedom Bastion provided to her.

“I love it. You look happy, Fiolette. There’s a calm to you I don’t remember seeing before. Something around the eyes.” The grand house itself was a marvel of opulence, well tended and even more tightly run. She thought of the Sundari Palace, filled to the brim with warriors and Mandalorians of equal stature, all using the resources freely, her own little space carved out for herself so as not to be obtrusive to the others.

“My frail little beauty… her heart stopped, Fiolette. A few days after she was born on Barataria… the doctors tried everything, but… her heart stopped. It’s a miracle to have her… every day. I keep checking to see if she’s alive… peeking to make sure she’d still breathing. Her nannies are with her every second of the day, they take shifts so she’s never alone without someone awake… just to make sure. To keep her breathing.”

Maybe it was like [member="Kaine Australis"] said, time to take a little more for herself, since the baby came. Maybe another room, so Adara had her own… maybe a room for [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]… a living room perhaps too… nobody would fault her for a proper suite. Nobody would fault her for taking a bit more room for her little family.

“You picked wisely, the architecture is beyond impressive, I must admit it’s making me rethink my own living situation just a tad.” Yasha grinned, giving her daughter’s cheek a kiss as Aiya took the fussing baby away to the nursery. “Thank you, I’m sure Adara will love it. The nursery at the Palace is a, well, if I’m honest, it was our closet. I think it’s finally time for an upgrade.”

Pressing her hands to the fabric of her dress, Yasha grinned. “Taeli Raaf? You’re with Taeli Raaf? Wow, that’s amazing, Fio, I’m excited for you! It must be going quite well to get this far. Oh! I cannot wait to meet Lucy! Thank you, I’m looking forward to a few days of my own. Something to relax and breathe and… inspect some… architecture.”

Yasha bit her lip. Architecture… yes.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette smiled quietly and looked Yasha over as one would look over a daughter. A small nod of acknowledgment along with a polite smile, she placed a hand to her chest when Yasha spoke of Adara's trials. For one so small and so young she had certainly been through a lot, she was sure to remember the information of the Silver Jedi having been mentioned just before it. "Yes, yes you most certainly are having a position power also means looking the part, people look up to you and they see you. You must show them what they can achieve, inspire them, darling."

"And you know that if Adara needs anything, I am here, and I can take care of any of it, you needn't worry about her finances." She was serious in her tone, the Galidraani did not want for Yasha to worry about a thing when it came to the child. "Yes, this place is quite marvelous a true jewel in the sand. I quite remember the sad state this home had been in, left to age and rot. I told Taeli that there was an old world charm and she just fell in love with the history of the place once we did a little more research."

Stormvale certainly was a display of wealth, it was opulent yes but in an elegant and subtle manner. Taeli's choices were the darker tones in wood and carpet while the Galidraani decor had been the obvious influence of Fiolette. A small flush of her cheeks at the mention of Taeli and herself, "oh yes Bastion is filled with remarkable works, if you have a chance you should stop off at the museum of art."

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“It’s strange to think of my life that way. I was always told to be a servant and custodian of the People, not their ruler. Someone called me an Empress the other day, I laughed so hard my eyeliner smudged. Me, an Empress! Mand’alor is not an imperial title, we have no nobles on Mandalore. Nothing but rewards for hard and loyal work.” Yasha smiled, relaxing enough to take in the space without a thought to too many security details.

This was [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]’s home, and it was in itself a place of safety and affection. “I’ll have to steal some of your design ideas for my own home… inspire a new trend along with everything else.”

Her temporary mirth faded to a much more comfortable ease with Fiolette, a growing and glad warmth of character. “Thank you. I wish I could tell you the support is unneeded, and unwarranted, but I worry there will be a few complications as she grows. I don’t want to be a burden to you.” The way Fiolette commanded in her tone made Yasha think of a brief moment with her own mother, and instantly sat up just that little bit straighter.

“Yes, ma’am.” Yasha smirked, twiddling her thumbs in her lap. “It reminds me of places Baiko, my nanny, would take me to, when I was a child. Your restoration work has most definitely saved a valuable piece of architecture from being lost to Bastion. I saw the city, it’s gigantic, now! Do you have any greenspace left on Bastion, but for those acres attached to estates like this one!?”

It was easier to see Mandalore as a form of backwater, when Yasha came to the seated plenty of the Dark Lord’s lawfully svelte Empire. She mused at her schedule, thinking over what she could and could not accomplish while she was present.

“I think I shall. Tomorrow, I have a meeting with Carnifex, but perhaps the day after some delightful decompression swathed by the arts… awww, I caught that blush. Methinks the Lady is in love.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
"They're not entirely wrong, you have an Empire and by proxy that makes you an Empress. I quite understand that there is no aristocracy among the Mandalorians but in a way there is something of status among the more seasoned warriors and the younger ones, is there not?" She smiled a moment when Yasha mentioned designs, "well I can certainly recommend a good book or two, fairly certain her Ladyship has a stock of books on the subject in our main library."

The older woman listened to the young Mand'alor speak of the support she offered. "Nonsense, neither you nor Adara could ever become a burden."

"Oh yes there are, Stormvale is just one of many stately manors although they are quite hard to find these days, not due to the Empire's growth but age and disrepair." Fiolette mentioned and knew what Yasha ment, Bastion's capital Ravelin had grown quite a lot and now it balanced that need to grow with preservation and the efforts of Sith Lords such as Taeli Raaf to do so did not go unnoticed. "Yes that sounds like a splendid idea and there is a lovely bath house you may want to visit as well before leaving, they have a great rejuventation treatment. Take time for yourself before you return to Mandalore."

Fiolette had heard that accusation before, "I care for her deeply if that's what you're after." Neither Yasha nor Lucy would ever get the word 'love' out of her. Not just yet anyway, "now why don't I take you on a personal tour of Stormvale?"

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“I have what the Mando’ade deem fit to give me. A Mand’alor only rules through the faith of the people, and so far, although there are splinter groups who refuse to answer my call, the majority of Mandalorians are happy with the work I do. I must never forget the privilege I hold is mutable. It is dependent as ever, on my continued work ethic and successes.” Perhaps Politician was a dirty word, but the more Yasha thought of her position, the more she saw the religio-cultural significance outweighed all else. There would come a day when Yasha no longer ruled.

Whatever would she do then? Nodding to [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], Yasha gave her a warm smile. “We are a true meritocracy, yes. I suppose that means I have to throw down into even more battles. Pull more trade deals out of my back pocket… awww Frinkehoof.”

Frinklehoof Hicklesbottom. Old chap.

“Excellent, I shall peruse with gusto and take as many ideas as possible back to Mandalore. It is about time I had a place of my own, and about time I reminded myself not everything I do is a burden to others… thank you Fio. Your earlier donation to Adara’s welfare meant I could hire the best doctors I could find. It… it saved her life.” Would Kaine have had the chance to call on such powers if Adara didn’t survive the extra few days? All echoes of such were in the past. Adara was alive, she would be healthy, Yasha would make it happen.

Just like Manda’yaim.

Age and disrepair took stately houses? The admonition was enough to have Yasha perk her eyebrow, even on Carnifex’s planet there was ruin? Such grand houses… they ought to be preserved.

“Ah! A Spa! It’s been ages since I’ve been able to luxuriate in one! Gosh, I cannot fathom returning to Mandalore without at least a soak and one treatment. You should come too. Madame Admiral. Two high powered women on a momentary vacation, it would do just the trick.”

It was easy enough to catch the glint in Fiolette’s eyes, and even harder to ignore it once the sensation was caught. “It is what I’m after. Come now, my marriage is over, I might as well meddle in someone else’s affections, before I forget what they’re like.”

A gentle laugh was all it took, before Yasha stood to her feet and nodded. “Please do, this place looks heavenly and I’ve only seen the foyer and this sitting room. I would love to gaze upon your hard earned work.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Then having a lovely home is a way to show what can be earned through such hardwork and dedication," Fiolette mused as she rose. Ah, yes, "he was a good chap much too good I'm afraid." She still held no qualms over his demise. "And as mentioned think nothing of it." Every child deserved a good, healthy start money need not be an issue in those matters. Meritocracy though, the word loomed in her mind she recalled that the First Order started on such a basis and now had evolved into more grandstanding and infighting than anything else. Although she supposed it was only a matter of time, after all they wouldn't be Imperials if the didn't, sadly.

"Indeed, although if you prefer something more private you may have use of the bath house here. It's secluded in the back of the gardens, Mr. Jephcots can let you in." At least until they found a proper groundskeeper although it seemed Mr. Jephcots was more than suited to the job. "Perhaps if time and schedules allow it, and of course I'll have to see if Lady Raaf would like to accompany us on the trip." Although she may just as well prefer to use the private bath house and send to have the treatment done here at Stormvale.

Fiolette laughed a moment, "then you and my dear Lucinyia shall get along swimmingly, she's had a mind to meddle with myself and Lady Raaf."

The Galidraani unfolded from her seat and spoke briefly to the servant. "Thank you," she said to the servant once the umbrella had been procured, "come along then, let us begin with a tour of the gardens."

Outside of the manor, the gardens were a sight to behold Fiolette opened the umbrella just as soon as they stepped out so that the Bastion sun might be tossed away. Shade beneath the umbrella's fabric was just enough for the two although Fiolette would hand the item to Yasha inevitably given the woman was considerably taller. "Here we are the Lion's end we can start here, we have the statue that was restored." She mentioned as they walked across the path. "From here you can just make out the stables over there, and we can actually take this path here and head that way if you like."

"I had a number of horses brought over from Galidraan and other equine worlds, Mr. Jephcots tends to the stables and the ground parcade." The ground parcade was opposite side of the gardens completely and sat closer to the Raven's end. The garden's hedge maze was between the two ends and sat sprawled for a good portion of the manor's front.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

Odd that Yasha never thought of having a lovely home as being a marker of what could be achieved. Perhaps the girl spent too much time in the wilds of the Netherworld to understand what a lovely home could bring.

The sense of security it could have, to be one of stronger bearings.

“I nearly did the deed myself, goodness sakes. And you’re right, Fiolette. I ought not be afraid to create a home for myself and Adara. Manda knows, there are many offering to help create one… I don’t suppose you know much of Carnifex’s sons? Or the Empress Salara?” Yasha pursed her lips, attempting to forget the figure of [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] she’d met the hours before.

By the Manda and all which was both holy and non, the man was a paragon of Epicanthic attractiveness. It was all Yasha could do to bite her lip and pretend nothing happened in the meeting at all. And, as nothing had happened, it wasn’t nearly the lie Yasha conceived it to be in the first place.

“That would be preferable. Thank you, Fio. I do hope to meet the Lady Raaf, while I’m here. Anyone you carry such affection for is worth the introduction.” Yasha laughed, a cheerful enough sound as she shook her head. “I am certain Lucinyia and I would get along quite well in that!”

Standing up, the Mand’alor pressed her hands upon her dress to ensure its’ dainty affect around her and stepped up beside her beloved [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]. The birdcage veil in front of her eyes became instantly mirrored and filmed when Yasha walked outside, cutting off the excess light, which damaged the Epicanthic’s eyes. Taking the umbrella delicately, Yasha held it up for the both of them, being in her shoes past seven feet tall.

“That statue is beautiful! Yes, I would love to see the stables. The only stables I’ve seen thus far have been my bes’uliik stables in the Palace grounds. The old war droids act enough like horses, or as I’ve been told, horses mixed with dragons.” Yasha grinned, looking down for no other reason than to see more of Fio than the top of her head.

“Oh Fio, what is that collection of hedges for? I’ve never seen such a thing!”

Fiolette Fortan

F
"I have not the pleasure of meeting any of her Majesty's nor the children of his Lordship," Fiolette answered. She gestured for the two to walk forward through the hedges, a stone paved path greeted them both. Bastion's sunlight brought down the gorgeous light to the manor grounds accenting the beauty that had been resorted to this place. The Galidraani smiled as she heard Yasha laugh. This of course after the mention of Lady Raaf this gave room for the woman to pause in her motion. She looked up over her shoulder and back at the manor. "I am quite sure her Ladyship can be brought out for a spell or two."

Fiolette stood a moment and waved for Mr. Jephcots, she waited as he approached, "if you would be so kind good sir, and inform Mr. Carrington to give word to her Ladyship? Yes, if she could meet with me and Miss Yasha out by the pond? Oh thank you, and yes tell Mr. Hardwick that the honey was just wonderful." She waited and watched as Mr. Jephcots hurried out from the hedges. She turned to Yasha and smiled, "it is and we thought it worthy of being brought back after all not only does it represent part of Stormvale's past but this creature also shares in symbolism with Galidraan."

And then Yasha rose up from where she had been sitting and raised the umbrella over them both. The Epicanthix towered over her and it took Fiolette a moment's thought to adjust to such things. "Yes right this way, ah, well these fine beasts are perhaps some of the most beautiful most are meant for simple work nothing too tasking with the exception of the two over there. They're old war horses so built for hauling heavier beings and carts they're retired now so they can enjoy being spoiled here."

"Beauty of course, beauty and symbolism if one wished to have the hedges trimmed. It is also a show of wealth my dear which is simply part of the aristocracy of Galidraan." Fiolette continued to give small descriptions of the hedge maze and the estate as they went by. A careful breeze brushed by as the conversation continued and the stables began to appear closer and closer. The sounds and smells of it encroached on one's senses two stablehands worked there moving hay from one stall, while the other cleaned a separate stall. "Mr. Hardwick's sons, Gadeon and Matthias. Mr. Hardwick is our beekeeper for the apirary that sits on the Raven's End of the property." She explained and gestured forward once more, "and we can continue around the back to the pond from here."

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

A critical eye was peering through a microscope, one hand jotting notes without looking as she observed how the specimens worked. The work was always continuing for her, another experiment to run, although this one was more critical perhaps than others. Not too long ago, she and her scientists with her company had developed counters against ixetal cilona contamination to deal with those pesky Forcebreaker weapons. A gene treatment to make one nigh immune to ixetal cilona besides addiction and a quick stim that delivered a cocktail of detox chems. But it wasn't enough. Through her contacts with a certain group that would remain nameless, she had obtained samples of this supposed cure for Force Sensitivity and she was determined to thwart it.

It was a fascinating specimen of Vong engineering, made by those fanatics on Selvaris before they were wiped out. A net of creatures around your midichlorians, ingenious really. And crafty, very crafty. It only took contact with an infected individual's bodily fluids for the parasite to spread. Completely unacceptable. A simple kiss could be enough.

"Release nanite v2.3-7," she mumbled. Through her microscope, a small needle would come into view and release a small cloud of nanites into the nutrient broth. She had thought to perhaps counter parasite with parasite, but she found the irony of a machine destroying a Vong creation much sweeter.

"My Lady, Mistress Yvarro has requested your presence at the pond. She is accompanied by Mand'alor Mantis presently."

She blinked, looking up and finally seeing what time it was. Bugger it all.

"I'll be down in a moment, Mr. Carrington," she said. Looking over at her personal maid, and admittedly another secret apprentice now, she added, "Rose, continue monitoring the equipment and recording what our latest test do."

"Yes, Lady Raaf," she said, and Taeli turned and left the study, winding her way through the estate in her flowy lilac dress, a darker purple robe over it.

“Fantastic, I look forward to meeting the Lady Raaf.” Yasha walked in tranquil quiet, viewing manicured lawns, pristine grounds and the business of people at work. The civility to the Vale was an echo of a life Yasha never knew, the life her mother wanted. There was a peace here purchased in war, and beloved of those who won it. Yasha nodded to Mr. Jephcots, wondering how the relationship between the servants and [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] worked.

“War horses, like organic bes’uliik! Do they fly as well?” The horses were breathtaking beasts. Yasha walked closer to one, watching as it twitched its’ ears at her presence. The horses seemed to be wary of her. Had they seen a being so tall? Were they reacting to the stench of death, which lingered on the warrior who killed her proper thousands with her own direct hands?

“Affluence on display. I suppose we have similar customs on Manda’yaim. Our armour is a symbol of our clan and wealth as much as our skill at war and preparedness for battle. Many start with durasteel, beskar is carried down in the aliit. Melted down or reforged for a new wearer. Some sets are centuries old. My first armour was forged from beskar of my deceased mother, which was new, and of Death Watch warriors going back hundreds of years. The armour I wear now contains far older beskar, donated to the process from loyal Mando’ade, who wished to honour their dead by giving a piece to Mand’alor. I suppose a garden is an even better aruetise display.”

In the distance, Yasha spied a flowing lilac dress and purple robe, that must have been the aforementioned Lady Raaf. While she wore a pair of sunglasses to cover her eyes from the damaging sun, Yasha pointed to the figure approaching.

“Is the Lady [member="Taeli Raaf"] joining us at last?”

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette nodded in acknowledgment. Indeed, the Lady Raaf would be on her way and as the admiral walked with Yasha she listened. "No darling, I'm afraid not. They are simple beasts." She explained, "simple, hardy and a delight to have around. Brings a certain ... I don't know, ease or charm, well." She gave a smile instead. Fiolette bade Yasha to follow her moving just past the stables leaving Mr. Hardwick's sons to work in peace there she heard the Mand'alor speak of customs.

Armor, symbols of the clans. A smile wore on the woman's features armor handed down reminded her of ancient Galidraan, or at least the four hundred years of darkness, she should say. Ancient Galidraan spoke of a time that had long since past, when Galidraan turned its back on the Mandalorians and sided with the Jedi. Another reason why she was glad to have been born in this era. "In years past, Galidraan too prided itself on armor. We had Knights who wore metal, simple metals mind you, bronze and then iron. Such armors would be useless now but they sit as a reminder of our past."

And there in the distance, [member="Taeli Raaf"]. "Yes this is she, looking as splendid as ever."

"Good afternoon darling," Fiolette greeted with a smile. A hand extended toward the Lorrdian woman, lilac and purple. She couldn't imagine her in anything else the colors had become quite the signature look for the Sith. She gave Taeli a polite kiss on the cheek, and brought her to meet Yasha. "My love, this is [member="Yasha Mantis"], Mand'alor the Infernal the title is and Yasha this is my beloved Taeli Raaf." With introductions made the redhead took a step back and let the two get acquainted.

Even as she walked through the estate and out onto the grounds, she was deep in thought, using the Force to keep herself from walking into anything as she done subconsciously so many years ago on Lorrd. Not just on the experiment she was running upstairs, but a whole host of experiments she was awaiting updates on or specimens to begin testing. Oh, and of course scheduling a lesson for Sith acolytes who might want the beginning blocks on Sith alchemy and monster creation. Oh, and greenlighting more projects for Aurora and Spaarti. She certainly could not forget that the expansion was continuing, Nathema being next and she was excited to go study some of the creatures of the world and maybe even some remnant of Vitiate's work there.

So deep in thought she didn't even realize how close she was to the pond until she was picking up Fiolette's presence and a void... or more of sickly aura of death with no source near her.

"Dear," she said warmly, accepting Fiolette's hand before turning to address Yasha in her own language. "Tateyus, Mand'alor Yasha. Ni vercopaanir gar ganar cuyir emuuir cuun pesitioa ruoa bid chaaj'yc."

It had been a long time since she had spoken Mando'a, but the lessons from her adopted mother were still in there even if she was a bit rusty. Still, she was ninety-five percent sure she had asked how the Mandalor was enjoying Stormvale thus far. She thought she did.

"Apologies for my tardiness," she said, looking sheepish now. "I was in the middle of an experiment."

“More’s the pity, they would be excellent flying beasts.” Yasha smiled nonetheless, the horses bringing a kind of calm the vastly predatory beasts on Mandalore didn’t give. “And I assume you have appropriate guards on staff, who ensure the predatory beasts don’t eat them. Beautiful creatures… I do think Adara would love to see them someday.”

How Mandalorian to think even here on the throne room of the Sith, that horses needed protection from the predators, which were inevitable… or so she thought.

“The past is to be respected, even in one’s familial armour… speaking of armour, guard thy heart, [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]. Your lover cometh.” Yasha nudged Fio’s shoulder and grinned, watching Fio and [member="Taeli Raaf"] reconnect. Taeli was confoundingly beautiful, and the brush of adoration Yasha witnessed on Fiolette’s face was worth all the trouble she was sure the couple endured.

“Su cuy’gar, Taeli Raaf… Vor entye par baatir be Fiolette. Gar Mando’a cuyir Ori’jate. (Thank you for taking care of Fiolette. Your Mando’a is good.)” Yasha attempted to keep as straight a face as she could listening to Taeli’s accent.

Mando’a was no easy language, Manda knew Yasha struggled enough with picking up what was, ultimately, her second language. While the Mand’alor now spoke flawless Mando’a, in moments of peace, where she was with family and friends, Yasha’s first language Epicant’s accent still pursed through.

“No apologies necessary, it gave Fiolette and I the chance to catch up. You are good enough to allow Adara and I to spend some days here… which, upon seeing the grounds, is very appreciated. Might I enquire as to the nature of your experiment?”

Fiolette Fortan

F
"You assume correctly," and then of course Taeli. Fiolette's breath was taken away each time she looked at her. "There is no need to guard when I am around her." She managed in a soft whisper just before she left Yasha's side for the Lorrdian's. Another soft smile as Yasha spoke about Stormvale and part of her was proud the other part wanted to introduce Yasha to their other homes. But she supposed all in good time, for now, though she let her hand thread with Taeli's. Unafraid to show her affection. "Mhmmm, such an intriguing question."

Lover. Such an intriguing word and it held so many connotations. "To what my beloved has been up to indeed, though, perhaps these are things better left unsaid. Much of Taeli's work is rather confidential even from me." Never has the background pale so fully until these little moments, Fiolette turned her attention to Yasha. "Why don't we head around back, we can show you the pond and the gazebo." Fiolette waited for Yasha a moment before leading the trio. She would leave Taeli and Yasha to their conversations as the path toward the back of the property revealed itself with the canopy of trees overhead providing shade. Whisps of smoke left the manor's chimeny where the aroma of a roast could be found calling to those around the home. "Mrs. Hick's is up to something delicious."

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Thank you, you are far too kind," Taeli replied, bowing her head at the Mand'alor for a moment. "I haven't had to speak it in... oh Force, fifteen years now? No, I forget. I had an arrangement with one of your predecessors during my undercover work, teaching him better ways to handle a lightsaber."

She had always liked Ordo. A strong but malleable man.

"As Fiolette said, it's rather sensitive," Taeli continued as they started walking along towards the pond and gazebo, her face somewhat apologetic now. How awkward it was for her, considering the nature of her current research was to find a way to cure the Mandalorian's "cure" for Force Sensitivity. "But I can say it is something that will only benefit the galaxy, not something that will cause further pain and suffering."

An odd thing for a Sith to say, but it was the truth.

"I am glad you are enjoying the tour of the grounds though, and think nothing of staying here for a few days," Taeli said, ever the gracious host. "Whenever you are on Bastion, you are always free to stay here with Fiolette and myself. I look forward to meeting your daughter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom