Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambition & Avarice | First Order Dominion of Tibrin Hex

Progflaw99

aWLjZ0J.jpg
Hadar Sector, Mid Rim, Tibrin
Palace of Suriban Tu, Planetary Archipelago
-
Tibrin. An impressive world made only more monumental by its well known attention to the environment and ecologically friendly technology. Rolf could believe it. Far below the suspended platforms above the expansive archipelago colorful splashes of light reflected from beneath the ocean's waves. "They sure weren't kidding about this place." Colonel Amsel remarked, arm extended as he pointed out a strange looking avian as it flew by. It was certainly a wonder. "And to think, they run all this off of hydroelectric and solar - something about using the natural flows of the ocean to drive turbines..." He trailed off, realizing he was rapidly approaching a rabbit hole of monologue. "No media camera this time around?" He joked.

It was a running joke he and Lydia had, the Camden Media Group reporter had a bad habit of always bringing along her reporting drone to the point it was almost odd not to hear the subtle buzz it made as it flew around. Rolf leaned against the railing as he cast his gaze at the woman. Free of his usual stiff necked uniform this had been a gift, an impromptu vacation after the latest blunder of the First Order - he needed to "De-stress" or so they'd said. He certainly wasn't complaining, with company like this what was there to complain about? He'd opted for a pair of shorts, a white undershirt, and much to his own chagrin - a floral print button up. Allegedly it was a nice pairing but Colonel Amsel wasn't so sure. After you spend so much time in a uniform anything else feels... strange. He was ready to enjoy the day though and after he'd met up with the avid reporter he hadn't given it a second thought.

"So, what's on the agenda for today? I hear they have those drinks with the little umbrellas out at the cabana."
Page_divider_Praetor_with_grad.png
Premise:
  • Tibrin is a tropical world on the very edge of the rapidly expanding First Order space. In a move that might seem counter intuitive, the First Order has shown interest in adopting more ecologically friendly practices across the Empire - or so they say. A world brimming with life, the native Ishi Tib test technologies extensively before implementation, measuring their effect on the environment as well as the local wildlife. Not only has this created an amazing escape from the brutalist construction habits of the Industrial Sector but it also presents a prime opportunity to harness the research power belonging to the Ishi Tib and the world of Tibrin.
First Order Marching Orders:

Koco Cabana, Objective I:

• Mai Tai’s and Piña Colada’s are on the First Order’s dime. At a resort known for its spectacular scenery and ecologically friendly yet extravagant experience, the upper echelons of First Order society have been granted full run of the place. From under-sea adventures to Volcanic Island expeditions, a full array of opportunity for enjoyment awaits the privilege of the First Order. Celebration is in order and the Ishi Tib are excited to benefit from their addition to the First Order.
A Logical Choice, Objective II:
  • The Ishi Tib by nature are a careful species, often considering the impacts of their actions on the environment, sometimes even making decisions based on those considerations. While some might find their constant awareness of ecology tiring, they can be some of the sharpest when it comes to strategy and logistics. Consistently driven to meet deadlines and an incredible dedication to their work, Ishi Tib employed in many professions find themselves rise through the ranks quickly. The First Order military and to some extent the government, would love to make use of the strategic minded Ishi Tib - those that are favorable to the cause of the Order. As a part of this effort, a recruitment drive has been established at one of the major spaceports of Tibrin. Adjacent to the resort, it would be an easy walk should the recruiting staff decide to set up shop elsewhere - maybe even sneak in a drink or two themselves.

Scientific Revolution, Objective III
  • A people dedicated to research and development as well as discovering more ecologically friendly technology, the researchers on Tibrin have also stumbled across more than one project that might provide advantage to the First Order. From stealth technology to more efficient starship technology, the Ishi Tib are eager to show their worth to the Empire. It is up to the First Order to decide which technologies they’d like to pursue and those best left to the Ishi Tib, not all technologies have a practical application across the First Order. An invitation to business partners of the First Order has been made in hopes that with the newly discovered tech research, the First Order will be able to keep up with the rest of the galaxy.
Bring Your Own, Objective IV
  • As always, feel free to explore or shape the world of Tibrin as you see fit! Enjoy yourself at a resort, go deep sea diving, discover long since lost ruins beneath the seas, explore lava tubes, the opportunities on this tropical world are endless!

skin, bone, and arrogance
"It's certainly fascinating," Lydia agreed as she looked out across the ocean. "It's always so interesting to me how people can adapt to their environments, and not just adapt but excel." She shielded her gaze from the sun and leaned over. "You know, we don't do anything like this on Galidraan. We're not good at relaxation, you understand. Even our sport -- foxhunting and the races and all that -- it's all about competition. Luckily I've spent enough time among you Unkown Regions savages to enjoy a good knees-up. I've even lost the accent. Well, mostly." She turned to lean with the railing against her back.

She sighed, enjoying the warm breeze as it ruffled her hair lightly. "Don't be ridiculous," Lydia told [member="Rolf Amsel"], placing her hand on his shoulder and squeezing it lightly. "You know I left the camera in my bedroom." Lydia slid a pair of stylish black sunglasses over her eyes and then lowered them enough to peer over the rims. "And if you're very nice to me, we may get some use out of that camera during our vacation," she said wryly, then leaned close enough to murmur into his collar.

"The Chief Engineer did offer me a tour of their energy processing facility at the weekend," she said with a smirk, then leaned back. "My word, Colonel, what did you think I meant?"

"Lothia" TK-0023
Koco Cabana
Nearby: [member="Rolf Amsel"], [member="Lydia Camden"]

Lothia begins sliding the hardened white duraplast plates off of her bodysuit and mounting the pieces onto a mannequin within the First Order's recruiting office just adjacent to the famous Koco Cabana resort, pulling open the locker she haphazardly throws the G-11F Blaster inside of it releasing an utterly tired and exhausted sigh. Lothia had spent all night answering the eager questions of aliens which for the Senior Non-Commissioned Officer had been more difficult than first anticipated primarily because the Sergeant had been raised to fight wars not provide career information for prospective adult recruits whom she possessed negative views in regards to army efficiency although Lothia found herself re-assured by the idea that most would be working for FOCIE and not the Military itself.

Both hands reach upto helmet for a moment and she hesitates for a moment staring at her own reflection in the mirror on the back wall of her locker before lifting it carefully over her deep sanguine coloured crown and placing it open the top
shelf with a reverent respect. Lothia wearing her issued bodysuit violently pulls some plain indigo-coloured t-shirt and rugged denim jeans from a coathanger that sways loosely on a Durasteel support spanning across the locker's width, sliding her sinewy limbs into the clothes with little difficulty. Lothia's hand gently shuts the locker's door and presses right open palm against the biometric security system, it gives a brief high-pitched chime and the pad turns a deep crimson colour not unlike the jaw-length hair that hangs loosely from her head.

Walking in a pair of utilitarian laced-up black boots Lothia gives a lazy wave and a satisfied smirk to one of her seated subordinates with a foot-high stack of paperwork upon his desk who shoots a jealous look to his Platoon Sergeant. "By the way the First Sergeant denied your leave application." Lothia throws a lazy-wave over shoulder as they strolls past a line of the green-skinned locals outside the front reception desk of the recruitment center. There was a soft whimpering she hears all the way from the Recruitment Office's front door that come from the cubicles and the poor Lance Corporal who she had just left behind with his paperwork. "B-But Sarge!" Lothia's diaphragm and lungs bellow at the Junior Non-Commissioned Officer's plight as the warm sun hits her pale glistening complexion with a sensitivity to solar radiation aggravated by the constant internment within her Stormtrooper Armour.

Lothia rolls her eyes around in their sockets. "Well, he's not going to be in a particularly fine mood for the rest of the day." Lothia seedily slides her hands into both jean pockets while she strides towards the Cabana with narrowed eyed. Even with such a brief time under the sun's gaze Lothia can already feels her skin begin to cook and so greet's the Cabana's canopy and the umbrellas situated outside the resort with eager relief despite the fact it had been a short two-hundred meter odd walk between the recruitment centre and the luxurious holiday spot. Lothia makes a bee-line for the Resort's outdoor dining area situation right on the golden sand of a beautiful beach, licking her lips, excited to munch down on the local cuisine pulled fresh from the ocean it wasn't often the young woman had the opportunity to seize leave much less on a world so blessed with beauty.

The Eighth Guard, Praetorian Overlord
Equipment: Praetorian Armour
"Here we are...one piña colada and one mint julep..." The server said, carefully setting down the two drinks in front of the apparently lone girl that occupied the cabana, a little curious but never judgemental as to why someone would order two different drinks at the same time. As they left, a crimson-gloved hand would grab at the metallic glass that contained the julep and brought the equally metal straw up and underneath the helmet of the hand's owner, a quiet sipping radiating from the armoured overlord before he set the beverage back down on the table. "It's never not fun to do that, meddle with their minds and make myself just...vanish..." The Eighth Guard said, rather openly to his companion, the ever-enthusiastic [member="Marriskcal Lati"].

He knew quite well that it was a dangerous idea to allow the girl to make a mockery of herself with alcohol, but after their copious time together he learned quite forcefully (she made it difficult to be strict) to not be so uptight. Even now he sat here, imbibing a cocktail that he hadn't allowed himself since the formation of the First Order itself, though he was most certainly still in his armour because that was the one thing she would never get him to take off, especially when there was the possibility of interaction with strangers to the Guard, affiliated with the Order or not.

Eight slouched slightly in the surprisingly comfortable chair, gazing through the canvas of the cabana at the beach, the shore and surrounding waters dotted with ranking members of the military, government, and Ren. "Quite a change of pace from our usual ventures, my little bunny." He purred knowing that his pet name for her, especially in public like this, would make her flush, "Nobody to shoot or stab at us, I'm not absolutely pummeling you in our training duels, no uptight Ren trying to tell us what to do..."

The male gave a sly smile, his body language indicating to the girl that such a thing was happening. That was one thing he appreciated about her, the fact that she learned so quickly to read him, even the smallest of movements saying to her what could easily be accomplished through yelling, words being something he never liked to give if there was an alternative. He took another cautious drink of his mint julep, savouring the sweetness of the sugar, the coolness of the mint and the ice, and the sting of alcohol, all the while trying to keep himself from sucking up the whole thing in an instant.

Damn it was good.

Seto Du Couteau, Ren
Equipment: Spot Droid Gauntlet Controls
Objective 1: Koco Cabana
In the Vicinity: [member="Rolf Amsel"] | [member="Lydia Camden"] | [member="Eighth Guard"] | [member="TK-0023"]
Ck1YmpF.png

Pressure continued to climb as his chest felt tight with each second that passed, Seto though remained calm and still with his eyes shut and his mind focused. His body now added to the pressure for release in his lungs and within one second, he pushed himself upwards and gasped for fresh air. Water spilled around Seto, his hair no longer groomed upwards but wet and stuck to his skin, and his eyes blinked as he adjusted himself to the sun. With fresh air now in his lungs, the young Du Couteau ventured back towards the beach and with an air of approval as he noted his time and felt comfortable for his next set of actions.

A low beep from his droid 'Spot' turned Seto's attention to it as he finally reached the beach, his eyes glanced back and forth between the waves and several boulders nearby. A few low beeps and a soft whistle forced Seto to look at his gauntlet as he traced a map with his finger and nodded at his droid. "Good job, keep up your scans for any ground shifts and do let me know of any activity before I go down there," Seto ordered as he dried himself lightly.

His gauntlet and his shorts were the only things Seto wore, his minimalist side had finally showed as he mused on his next plan. This whole trip had opened up opportunities and Seto had no experience with only but a few of them, and to never of this scale. I got to visit more worlds like this, Seto thought as he continued his walk over to another part of the beach.

This time several large boulders and rocks formed a sort of ridge and with Spot's scans and map, it had presented itself to be the perfect spot to dive and explore some caverns beneath. A low beep from Spot and Seto chuckled, "-Why do you think I practiced holding my breath?" Seto responded as he held his chin with his left hand.

Another beep, but this time it ended with a low whistle, Seto sighed "-Why do I need a diving partner? I can swim just fine on my own, and there's nothing dangerous, besides volcanic activity and what not, but that's why your here Spot." He explained, Spot sounded slightly assured but Seto couldn't be too sure of his droid's worries.

Praetorian Initiate
Objective I
Equipment | Floppy sun hat, denim shorts and chiffon blouse, piña colada
Location | An out of the way cabana, Resort grounds, Tibrin
Allies | First Order; [member="Eighth Guard"] (directly bothering!)
Enemies | Uptight Ren
Status | Enjoy the day!
oE8nQeb.png

[SIZE=11pt]As the older male spoke, her blue eyes turned to steal a glance at her companion, shaking her head fondly at his reticence. With her wide brimmed hat balanced haphazardly on the chair near the entrance of their cabana, Marriskcal sat with her knees tucked to the side. Unlike her mentor who remained in full armour, the blonde was dressed in casually in soft denim shorts and a chiffon lavender sleeveless blouse, her lightsabers and knives nowhere to be found for once. “It’s still strange how easy it is to slip in and out of their minds without them being any wiser.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She picked up her own drink, and took a suspicious sniff of this piña colada drink, a pleasantly surprised smile making its way to her features when she was greeted by its sweet and fruity scent. Without any restraint, Marriskcal took a huge sip of the liquor laced drink, allowing the biting acid of pineapple to play over her tongue and the sweetness that followed to soothe the palate. “Oh! This is pretty delicious.” Under the bright flavours, the splash of rum remained well hidden.

Just as Marriskcal wanted to enquire on the profile of her mentor’s own mint julep drink, the Overlord continued to speak. Despite her silence, it most certainly amused her how much the dynamics between them has changed as they slowly grew used to each other’s quirks and habits. Though the teasing. The teasing, she could most definitely live without. Her face became warm as soon as the endearment left his lips and Marriskcal took another large sip from her drink in hopes that she could hide the blush behind her glass.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I– I for once… would appreciate it if– if no uptight Ren were to tell me what to do for the day,” she spoke, the usually smooth cadence of her speech faltering every here and there as she endeavoured to act unaffected by her mentor’s words and the smile she knew he was gracing her with. “If you happen to see... one, please send them on their way.[/SIZE]

Objective 1: Koko Cabana
Interacting with [member="Marriskcal Lati"] and [member="Eighth Guard"]
B8J6JgQ.png
Governor Madelyn Lowe stalked across the wooden jetty, her sensible heeled shoes clicking against the surface. The sounds of the water against the pier mingled with the slight breaths of the salt-tinged breeze, and were then lost as the echo of a laugh or shout bounced across the water from the cabana sitting at the end of the curving platform. Arrayed along its length were various aquatic vehicles and speeders, each parked having delivered its cargo of First Order officials and dignitaries to the party. Madelyn herself looked at them with disgust, steam practically venting from her ears.

She was hideously late to arrive on the system. Instead of being among the first to organise the system's transition into First Order control, a slew of administrative and governmental issues on Varonat had delayed her severely, and she had finally made it to Tibrin after all the work had been done. While everyone else settled in to relax and celebrate, she would quietly fume, and try to find someone on which to take out her anger.

Already sweating in her thick, dark, military uniform, Madelyn stepped into the cabana, sweeping her eyes across the room, a scowl quickly developing and marring her delicate features. Officers mingling with their subordinates, diplomats with loose tongues chatting to foreign officials, people making fools of themselves all around, it was ridiculous.

Crossing the floor to a stormtrooper standing at attention at the edge of the room, she flashed her ID badge and spoke in a low and angered voice.

"Ensure that everyone inside is on the guest list. I will not have common soldiers and trespassers ruining this function."

She swept her gaze over the party once more, eyes narrowed, and stopped when she spotted [member="Eighth Guard"], [member="Marriskcal Lati"]. At first they appeared unassuming, but when the elder of the pair handed the younger a drink, Madelyn's lip curled with contempt.

She certainly did not seem of age.

She moved slowly towards the bar, stopping to hurriedly shake the hand of a diplomat she knew well, and stopped just short of the pair.

Clearing her throat, she spoke to the girl in an icy, judging tone.

"You seem a little... young to be drinking that, dear."

Progflaw99

She'd hit the nail on the head - it still filled him with a sense of wonder at these people, strange though they may appear. There was no doubt in Rolf's mind that the eggheads in their research division were besides themselves with joy at being able to finally get their hands on Ishi Tib tech. Years of study and thorough testing were done on any tech adapted by the locals and what they had on display? It was a wonder. Lydia's words turned to Galidraan, a world Rolf had only heard of. From everything he knew, which was admittedly not much, it wasn't too unlike Avalonia though smaller in a way. The thought brought him back for a moment to the rolling hills and rocky countryside of Loch Weald - his barony on Dosuun. The title still felt a strange one to him. The Colonel smiled at Lydia as she joked about her accent. He'd always found the subtle lilt of her voice endearing.

She painted a pretty picture there, leaning casually against the railing with the sea-breeze gently disturbing her hair. As she put her hand on his shoulder he flashed another smile, her explanation and subsequent peering over the dark lenses of her sunglasses sending one of his eyebrows skyward. Caught off guard by the sudden banter his tongue felt as if it was cemented to the inside of his mouth - as she leaned in he wasn't sure what she was up to. Rolf felt a shiver creep up his spine as she whispered, then breathed an anxious breath as she stepped back again. *Ah, now I see where this went.* An embarrassed rose hue flushed his cheeks, a feigned nervous smile accompanying the twinkle in his eye. "Oh, nothing too uncouth, I assure you."

Absconding from his resting position against the rail Rolf nodded towards the interior of the structure. "Drinks? Maybe they've got a few brochures on things to do around here - I have been told the aquarium is quite the sight. Unless you'd rather hit the beach, or retrieve your camera?" A playful nudge aimed in her direction. It was a nice change, for once the Colonel might just be able to enjoy the relaxed pace of the day.

[member="Lydia Camden"] | [member="TK-0023"] | [member="Seto Du Couteau"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

Tibrin, Resort Grounds, Undisclosed Time, 853 ABY
Objective 1: Koco Cabana meeting
Allies: Elements of the First Order | [member="Odile Kimura"]
Enemies: Probably [member="Madelyn Lowe"] on an existential level -and the heat
Morale: Neutral

28phFUx.png

To the Nether with such supposed paradise and the disgusting, sandy humidity such worlds bring. For a Almanian, raised in sprawling wooden wonderlands caked in snow and indulging in hot springs and windy mountains, this kind of place was a veritable death sentence. Luckily there was some manner of civilization to this planet, and the resorts were the up to par with the highest standards of luxury… for a world not currently within the grasp of the First Order. It was in this cradle of a high powered central air conditioning system on a restaurant located on the top floor of a hotel looking down upon the outdoor portion of the Koco Cabana. Their raw fish based dishes were famous -at least according to the advertising. The establishment certainly looked the part.

In direct defiance of the heat the Major had chosen to meet her guest dressed to her usual, grandiose specifications: complete with high belted boots, trousers, a wool vest and white blouse, and the usual accoutrements of a red ascot, dress gloves, and the glittering green jewel of her alchemical necklace which rested neatly while looped into a knot on the crimson fabric. The Director sat clad in such a manner, one leg crossed casually over the other while leaning back in her seat...

...Waiting patiently with a slight smile on her face...

Eyros

The Clanless
There was a certain joy being part of First Order Intelligence, especially when it came to fancy parties and do-da’s. Having come on world as the newest boyfriend of political socialist and First Order supporter Gabriella Saren-Sonn, it had been a plus one that had managed to get Clehid through the security gates and into the vast open wonders on display by the Ishi Tib.

He had already been introduced to so many faces, quickly of course which fitted fine with his cover. After all the seduction of the heiress to the Saren-Sonn fortune had been carefully thought out by his handlers at FOSB to assure that his presence would not be questioned beyond the fourth toy-boy the woman had been seen with so far this year. To all so far he was Idris Vankar, a millionaire science-funding graduate who had come out of the wealthy families of Bespin. It worked for what he needed to do, which was assure that above all else the FOSB remained in complete control of every situation.

It was also a chance to put his feet up after a rough war with the Alliance.

The warmth was a god-send, not hot like Tatooine, no it was perfect. Just enough to warm the skin and give one a feeling of complete recharge. Beneficial as the sun was the air. If it hadn't been for lack of the smell of burning and death it was as clear as Scarif had been before the crushing battle against the Rebellion by the then in power Galactic Empire.

“Idris my love.” He was pulled away from his thoughts by the voice of Gabriella as she grabbed hold of his hand and pulled him close. “Let me introduce you to Alrius Forsythe. He was one of my father’s closest friends.”

Clehid smiled and put his best warm look on as his hand was shaken. This was going to be a long party unless he could get to a bar.

Progflaw99

捕らぬ狸の皮算用
- Do not count rabbit skins before they are caught -
The smell of saltwater overwhelmed his senses. It carried itself upon the wind, gentle though it was. Opening his eyes and taking a deep breath, Odile smiled briefly. This place reminded him of home, visits to the coastal cities of Kansai Province as a child. How things had changed - and yet, they were the same. The duplicity of life never ceased to amaze the man but such thoughts were wasted here. No longer was he content to live among his people, confined to the world of Atrisia like many - it was a measure of self confinement in most cases. So far the First Order had been nothing but inviting, an act which immediately turned the man's thoughts to suspicion. Suspicion was healthy however, was it not?

It was that suspicion which had seen him become increasingly thrust towards the First Order. Though not in official capacity, he had fit in well seemed to grasp the art of subtlety. He was nothing if not in total control of his emotions, his thoughts, his actions. It had not gone unnoticed. Even this very day he was to meet with someone that had the potential to change his path from where it seemed to be headed. Obscurity.

Always an early riser, Odile Kimura had woken up before the sun. A glass of water and a short session of calisthenics had seen sweat upon his brow, one a shower had seen removed. Now he stood before the reflective portal, a short tug on his collar and an adjustment of his tie setting in motion the rest of his day - a footstep towards his destination followed by another.

He was nothing if not smart both in appearance and intelligence. Despite the casual environment he too like The Major had opted for formality. Such things spoke to their character. A suit, a tie, and upon the collar of his jacket a small insignia pin - the seal of Atrisia shimmering in the sunlight. Seconds turned to minutes, moments thereafter guiding him towards the scheduled place of their meet - a restaurant held high above the waves below. Tramways, bridges, and ferries dotted the view below, colorful flashes of light reflecting off sea life below the surface. Perhaps he would get the opportunity to truly appreciate the beauty of this world, but first to business.

The Major wasn't exactly inconspicuous herself, the high topped boots and red ascot doing little to mute the brilliance of the green gem shimmering against the pale complexion of her features. Odile having spotted her made his approach. A short bow preceded his words, eyes rising to meet hers.

"Director Shepard. You honor me with your time. May I sit?"
[member="The Major"]

"Lothia" TK-0023
Tibrin, Koco Cabana Resort, Beach
Nearby: [member="Rolf Amsel"], [member="Lydia Camden"], [member="Madelyn Lowe"], [member="Seto Du Couteau"], [member="Eighth Guard"], [member="The Major"], [member="Clehid"], [member="Odile Kimura"]

Lothia sat upon the golden sand of the beach shovels one oyster and shrimp after the other into her maw taking leave to ensure that etiquette is observed and at least chews adequately with her lips pursed together to avoid embarrassing choking upon any of her food. The grains of sand that inevitably found themselves scattered across cheeks and buried within Lothia's sanguine coloured hair do not bother the young woman who found its' touch to be pleasantly reminiscent of Lothal's arid planes. What had proved to be a new sensation to the Lothal native is that of damp beach sand to be absolutely sublime although the bodysuit that covers Lothia's entire body from bottom jaw to toes robs many of the jarringly pleasant sensations against skin that could be found in such a place like scaldingly hot sand swallowing a cool foot previously submerged in the ocean's waves.

"Oh Lothal, oh Lothal the Empire has come to tear down the old ways and see our heroes undone." Having consumed all of those unfortunate oysters and barbequed shrimp Lothia happily begins singing an ancient melancholic Ballard at the edge of a spectacularly glimmering salt-water sea that near rises to wash against the jet-black bodysuit. The Ballard was of a distinctly Lothal origin rather ironically in an Imperialised speech pattern. "Above and beyond through all the Edgehawks still fly and continue to hold their domain in the sky." Lothia's lips purse together halting the Ballard as a man's head breaks out above the waves and bobs towards the shore, thinking wordlessly that the man had to be some kind of First Imperial government or army diver perhaps? Moving up the beach in her direction followed closely behind by a small droid the man walking with what seemed to Lothia to have the mark of an indecisive step.

"First Order?" Lothia queries the man simply with a small pile of empty oyster shells set neatly beside her knee.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Lydia wondered if she had said the wrong thing; she thought the joke, while racy in Galidraani standards, was relatively tame. She watched him retreat into the interior of the room and, with one last longing look across the horizon, she turned and followed him. "Yes," she answered firmly. "I love drinks with tiny umbrellas in them. Something about the sweetness of the fruit makes the liquor go down that much easier. I'll just change, shall I, and meet you back here."

A few minutes later she re-entered the room. Gone were her lounge clothes, replaced with a pale pink two-piece bathing costume, a semi-sheer wrap, cinched around her trim waist and over an opaque, asymmetric skirt that covered her bathing suit bottom, and featured a magenta floral pattern on a cream fabric. "I've got sunscreen in my bag," Lydia informed [member="Rolf Amsel"] as she picked up a floppy straw hat from where it had been deposited earlier, and placed it on her head, allowing it to sit at a gentle angle. Her sunglasses she plopped back onto her nose and she picked up her beach tote.

Last but not least, she slid her feet into a pair of fashionable sandals, then turned to Amsel. "Are you ready?"

Progflaw99

"Sounds like a plan!" As she headed off his gaze lingered, a stupid grin spreading across his features. Turning back towards the bar he gave a shrug before stepping off in that direction. Drinks with the little umbrellas. He shook his head. *Sometimes I worry about you Amsel* he thought to himself. Content to wait upon her return, Rolf peered back out the open balcony, there was so much life here - always in motion too. An avian creature here, the shimmer of fish below through the pristine clear waves. Resting his shoulder against the door frame to the balcony he waited patiently, content to take in the sights. It was only a few minutes later he heard a shuffle behind him. Turning on a heel he caught sight of something that threatened to take his breath. To be more accurate, someone.

"Wow." Words had been struck from his tongue for a moment, that silly grin creeping back. "Maybe you should go get that camera, you look like one of those travel agency models. Quick, strike a pose!" Jokingly he feigned taking an imaginary picture, fingers forming an invisible camera. "Snap, snap, snap." *What are you doing you idiot.* Grimacing outwardly he laughed nervously. "I'm ready to go when you are, what say we stop and get some drinks then head out to the bay?"

[member="Lydia Camden"]

Location| Resort, Tibrin
Objective| Have fun

Equipment| Ballistic Knife | Outfit | Aviator Sunglasses w/blue lenses | Camera(On table)
With| [member="Varas Ren"]
Nearby| [member="Lydia Camden"] | [member=TK-0023] | [member="Odile Kimura"] | [member=Clehid] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Rolf Amsel"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"] | [member="Marriskcal Lati"] | [member="Seto Du Couteau"] | [member="Eighth Guard"]

Status| Gleeful
Page_divider_with_gradient.png

"And here are you drinks, madam and sir. Two Piña colada's," the waiter said as he placed the two drinks on the glass-topped, painted wooden legged table between the two chairs before he walked off. The two intricately designed glasses even had little complimentary green and pink umbrellas in them, with matching straws. The umbrellas looked as if they were offering shade from the sunlight which beamed in from the outside for the two drinks. Primat's left hand flew out lazily towards one of the drinks, his naked tanned fingers clasping around the cool glass that held the the contents that were the Piña colada. Bringing the drink up to his lips, his mouth parted a little to take in the straw and take a tentative sip from the drink in hand. Varas had said that these drinks were good, so he had decided to take a chance and just try one out. The more time that Primat was with Varas, the more confident he became in the things he did. Something which was surprising to the young disciple.

To his right, sat the female Knight of Ren, Varas...his lover. Even now it was weird to be with her now in public where anyone from the First Order could see them and put two and two together, and subsequently find out they could be together romantically. Which they were, of course. Even though the pair of Ren were trying to remain careful in their relationship with one another, the opportunity that had presented it's self to the two of them was too good to pass up. And they could always say they were just here as friends of course...it wouldn't be a complete lie after all.

Primat was pleasant surprised when he had taken a sip of the drink in hand, it was actually...really good. It did remind him some of the wine orchards that his family had back on Tamora, and the wine that those orchards made as well. This 'Piña colada' tasted absolutely lavishing and delicious, he was glad that Varas had somehow convinced him to drink it even if at first, he had been a bit nervous about it. "How're you enjoying yourself, Varas? Enjoying your...'Piña colada', am I saying it right?

Seto Du Couteau, Ren
In the Vicinity: [member="TK-0023"]

B8J6JgQ.png

Another low beep interrupted Seto's muse, he turned around and noticed someone had called out to him. With a pivot of his feet, he sprang ahead and approached the young woman, Seto's smile grew and with a small bow he introduced himself. "Seto Du Couteau," and added "-Yes, First Order operative, Ren actually." His droid whirled around and silently floated next to Seto, "-And this is my TCB-42 Infiltration Droid, or Spot." A low beep was added, Spot continued to float silently.

Seto hardly understood the mechanics of how different aspects of the First Order military branches interact with Ren, but from his last assignments he had been grateful to issued along side the military and not as some leader. Honestly though, recently most people react better than from when I use to introduce myself as an Inquisitor. Seto tossed his thought away and instead gave the woman a questioning look "-And your name?" He asked. he returned his focus back to the present. "And you don't happen to have any left do you?" Seto added as he gestured towards the oysters next to her.

"Lothia" TK-0023
Tibrin, Koco Cabana Resort, Beach
Nearby: [member="Rolf Amsel"], [member="Lydia Camden"], [member="Madelyn Lowe"], [member="Seto Du Couteau"], [member="Eighth Guard"], [member="The Major"], [member="Clehid"], [member="Odile Kimura"]
Interacting With: [member="Seto Du Couteau"]

Lothia's face retains an eerie expressionlessness while Seto smiles towards her although her bodysuit sheathed hand continues to plunge slowly into the sand taking a fistfull of grains before allowing them to pass between her fingers back atop the golden beach, those startling emerald-green spheres set in their almond-shaped sockets studies the droid model for a moment listening to its' designation as an 'Infiltration' Droid she immediately suspects that Seto had to be some kind of forthcoming Security Bureau agent the Stormtrooper held a disdain for that organisation primarily for what she perceived and concluded to be excessively draconian and authoritative practices. Their ability to track persons of interest is impressive; a characteristic that Lothia is all-too-familiar with given her escape to her titular homeworld as an adolescent. "It's unusual that a Ren should be so forthcoming about their affiliation with that mysterious and odious organisation." Lothia states dryly but her crimson brows furrow ever so slightly betraying a deeply-held disdain for the Order of Ren which alas might startle Seto given the answers that he solicits from the sinewy woman who remains seated on the hot sand with the sun's gaze beating down upon her Porcelain complexion.

Seto's inquisitive leer is met with a defiant glare from Lothia who answers coldly. "Tee-Kay Twenty-Three, 104th Mechanised Infantry Battalion, Alpha Company, Master Sergeant of Second Platoon." She understood that the man had asked for her 'Name' and had she remained oblivious to the fact he is a Knight of Ren she might have provided that recalcitrant nickname adopted in the light of her rebellious flight from Dosuun to Lothal years ago and though as the Security Bureau had barred her from the Commissioned Officer's ranks they could not stop the young woman's rapid ascent up through her Battalion's Non-Commissioned Officer hierarchy with any success. "There's a cafe just up a beach in the resort that serves the locally caught seafood." Lothia answers the Ren's question cooly tacitly concealing the bite of venom she wished she could shower down upon the man and his 'infiltration' droid.

The Eighth Guard, Praetorian Overlord
Equipment: Praetorian Armour
He gave a low chuckle when he noticed the girl begin the blush, her subsequent stuttering further adding to his amusement at the situation. He permitted himself another quick taste of his adult treat, his eyes darting over the features of the young woman in an instant. "You know, I've never said it before, Marr." Eight started, the rolling of her name off of his tongue a sign of danger, "But you're very cute when you blush, in my opinion." His attempt to drive her even further up the wall was quickly sabotaged by the arrival of someone that he was less than happy to see.

Madelyn Lowe.

Oh yes, he had been informed about the Governor of Varonat and her uptight behaviour by certain parties, he had been in the Order for years, after all. But what surprised the Praetorian Overlord was the irony of someone such as herself administrating an event that was supposedly relaxing, or at least was. Eight followed her gaze to his fellow praetorian, the 'violation' apparently having stuck out like a sore thumb, it being her fruity, albeit alcoholic, beverage. He shot the enemy of fun times a glare, the meaning of which visible even through his crimson helmet.

Without saying anything, as this interloper did not deserve any words from him, he flicked his wrist and allowed the front canvas of the cabana to untie itself, the fabric rolling down right in front of the bureaucrat and concealing the pair inside of their cabana. He manoeuvred the straw until it was beneath his helmet again, taking a larger sip of his mint julep as he mentally prepared for the oncoming storm.

Eight gave a knowing look to his comrade in arms.

Nothing would stand in the way of their fun.

[member="Marriskcal Lati"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

Seto Du Couteau, Ren
In the Vicinity: [member="TK-0023"]

B8J6JgQ.png

"Well, I'm no ordinary Ren." Seto responded If the word 'ordinary' could even be applicable to us, he offered a shrug and kept up his smile. His eyes softened though as he hadn't expected the young trooper to act defensively. After all, on this paradise world it would do oneself very little to keep up such exhaustive measures. "-But I try to refrain from acting in odious ways, making new friends gets difficult when I don't." Seto explained.

Seto swiped across his gauntlet controls and Spot whirled around and headed back to his original dive point. "Keep track of any activity alright?" , he turned to watch his droid fly away Perhaps not the best use for the droid, but not like it was needed else where. Seto turned back around to address the trooper, who's fierce eyes captivated him, the stories they held and threads they weave together to create something no doubt brilliant no doubt. Perhaps another time.

With another bow, Seto warmly replied, "Miss TK Twenty Three of the One O'Fourth, I bid my farewell but also offer my apologies for disturbing your time." Once he straightened back up he gestured around them, "-I hope you continue to enjoy yourself, but if you do find yourself bored I've gotten my droid to map out some underwater caverns." Seto offered. Local reports had called them 'Unsafe' but what's life without some danger. A 'short life' would had been the response if he had asked that to his older self in the future.

As Seto primed himself to leave he paused a moment as he almost forgot to add, "-Oh, and if you ever need a favor from me, do not hesitate to ask, I can be quite selfless whenever I'm not playing Sabbac," Seto laughed, memories quickly passed of countless of people Seto beaten both fairly and unfairly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom