Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Amax-I5 Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald

E

14-alien-droid.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/hard-light-weaponry-mk-1.138910/ (Created by me.)
https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/hard-light-clones.139793/ (Created by me.)

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Nelson Prototyping
  • Affiliation: Unaffiliated
  • Model: TN-200 Life Preservation Battle Droid
  • Production: Semi Unique (11)
  • Modularity: Processor, Metal. Weapons.
  • Material:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bandorium

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Laminanium/Legends

Bia Generator

Lightsabers (2)
Edit: To weaken the droid further, I've removed Cortosis, Bekar, and Phrik.
Durasteel
Edit: Added Nanotech as I'd removed it earlier but realize it will be needed.
Nanotechnology

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

More can be acquired ICly.

• Misc. Equipment: N/A
  • Resistances
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Other: EMP/Ion: Low (For now)
    • Acid: High
    • Slicing: High
    • Mechu Deru / The Force: Low (For now)

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Pocket Dimensional Storage: Like the bag, the AMAX-I5 possesses the same pocket dimensional storage ability that the bag holds. Unlike the bag though it can store explosives, and the like. It can store up to 300 items inside it, as well. It can store up to items that are Star Fighter sized inside itself and pull them out when it needs to. Only one item that is Starfighter sized could be stored by it, and it would take up all the storage room the droid has.
  • Self Improvement Capability: The droid is capable of learning and improving itself.
  • Lightsaber Programming: In order to allow it to take on Jedi and Sith who are real monsters out there as well as neutrals who go and terrorize the galaxy, the droid comes programmed with all the styles of Lightsaber Combat that exist that a Non Force Sensitive could master.
  • Unarmed Combat Programming: In addition to the Lightsaber Programming the Amax-I5 drone has been programmed with a wide range of unarmed combat styles.
  • Ranged Weapon Mastery: It has been programmed with mastery of a wide range of ranged weapons.
  • Melee Expertise: It has been programmed with complete mastery of all manner of melee weapons.
  • Starship / Vehicle Operation: It has been programmed with mastery of operation of most starships and vehicles.
  • Quick Learner: The droid is programmed to learn quickly.
  • Multiple Languages: The droid is programmed with all known languages in the galaxy.

STRENGTHS

• Spare Bodies: The droid has produced at least 10 Spare bodies for itself that it can log into at any time.
  • Technology Assimilation: Via scanners in it's optics, the AMAX-I5 can scan the blueprints of technology and then reproduce said technology out of nanotech for it's own use.
    Caveat: Needs OOC Permission of other players to copy their tech. Some technology such as Lightsabers may prove impossible to copy.
    Additional Caveat: The droid must learn about said weapon before they can do this, have an understanding and the experience needed to wield said weapon.
  • Technology Recreation: Similar to the assimilation, it can also recreate technology that it has assimilated provided the required materials are at hand.
  • Hard Light Bodies: The drone is also capable of producing human-like Hard Light bodies for interacting with individuals as well as other bodies of that nature.
  • Slice-Resistant: The droid is resistant to attempts to slicing.
  • Hard Light Constructs: Another ability of the droid is that thanks to the Hard Light Weapon / Hard Light body tech inside it, it can also create constructs of Hard Light energy including replicas of various weapons and Force Fields.
  • Cognitive Upload: Should he have about 1 minute or so to do it before he is destroyed, the AMAX-I5 unit can upload his consciousness into one of the 10 other units of him that exist throughout the cosmos, allowing him to "cheat death".
  • Room for Upgrades: It has room for upgrades.

WEAKNESSES

Edit - Fixing Redundant Weaknesses / Combining Weak Points.

• Overconsumption of Energy: Amax-I5 requires massive amounts of energy and must refuel constantly in order to stay online.
  • Replacement Parts aren't easy: Given every component of the droid is custom made, replacing components aren't an easy task.
  • Hubris: The droid is arrogant, as well. This could be used against it.
  • Confusion: The Force is something that confuses the unit, in fact.
  • Raw Materials: The droid must consume raw materials such as metals in order to replenish it's supply of nanites on a regular basis.
  • Programming: The droid is highly resistant being reprogrammed which prevents it from altering it's own programming and uploading weapons, or downloading data into itself on how to use weapons.
  • Weak Points: Chest, Optics, Joints, Chest, Back. Shoulders.
  • Electromagnetic Pulses: EMPs would permanently fry the droid.
  • Inability to Kill: The droid's unable to kill due to it's programming.
  • Larger than Life: The droid requires massive amounts of processing power and so ordinary droid bodies wouldn't work as a new vessel for it. Custom made ones would have to be made.

DESCRIPTION

Amax-I5 was an attempt by Taji to recreate the initial concept of the Sentinel Armor. The attempt was made using nanotechnology in order to create something akin to teleportation that would allow the droid to move at high velocities, and be a general threat to those around it. The droid as such was made to defend life by Taji. Yet during the programming stage of the droid, he was unaware he had given it the building blocks to develop a mind of it’s very own as opposed to what he wanted it to do. When the droid became self aware, Taji felt wrong keeping it as a prisoner and so set it free.

Thus the droid now travels the galaxy, trying to figure out what it’s purpose is, and how it should live it’s life while trying to overcome it’s programming to preserve life. As the droid travels, it has collected quite a lot of ordinance for itself. This includes but is not limited to:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amax-I5 , I tend to agree with the feedback already provided to you in the Discord Factory chat, but I thought I'd add a few things to think about.

From the nanotechnology entry on wookieepedia:

"Said microscopic machines were typically extremely expensive to manufacture, and almost always had a singular function. "

I've underlined "a singular function" as being very important issue to think about, because that jars very much with what nanotech seems to be doing in your submission. For example, the nanotechnology being used to form weapons would likely have to be able to be differentiated into different types in order to copy a weapon. For example, a (relatively) simple blaster uses crystals, wiring, special types of gas, electronics, power sources, and different types of metal. A single type of nanite is unlikely going to be able to be able to transform into all of those types of materials and or somehow gather them from the environment (at least in a quick manner).

This also applies to the nanites that would be used to slice and take over pieces of technology. A different type of nanite would be needed to supply power for the group, another to provide computing power, another to form communications to the target tech, another to form communications back to the droid, another to navigate through the physical droid, and possibly another to move(or coordinate moving) the assembly through the target. If you think just about the needed, relative computing power of a small number of nanites and pitting it against the vastly larger computing power and complicated security programming of most sophisticated droids (especially combat or security droids), this becomes increasing unlikely to succeed.

The ability to obtain both these effects also suggests that not only does the droid have enough nanites, but it consequently has the right mixture or composition of nanites available at a given time to duplicate that item. That's a task that would probably become more difficult the larger or more complex the object attempting to be copied is.

With all of this said, there are some ways to get some similar effects that don't use nanotechnology. Using a liquid metal (either canon or created here on Chaos) might allow your droid to replicate many melee weapons as well as some slugthrowers and other simple weapons. The slicing effect could be obtained by making small remote-access devices that the droid slaps onto targets, or by making a miniaturized version of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom