Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternatives to Email Notification....if any.

Evasion Studios
While I'm aware that the mass outpouring of email notifications was basically blowing up the board - I still think that with this day and age, and how formidable this site's host and setup is, there has to be -some- other way to be notified without clicking refresh a thousand times a day on the site proper to find new notifications. I've considered attempting an RSS feed, but It's been ages since I used such archaic technology that I've lost all information on that process.

I'd love to see someone write up a step by step, or just a list of alternative methods that they use to get notifications about PM's, thread responses, and mentions easier than sitting at the site, clicking F5. Now...did you post now.....how about now...now...now? Really wears on a guy's patience. Anyone got anything for this? Here's hoping?

[member="Tefka"]

Sky's the limit if you can afford it. With more resources, such as money, I could utilize such wondrous tools such as Pushover notifications and other modifications to the website that could do these things.

However, for an ad-free community that's free to use, you'll be stuck to using that F5 button for quite some time.

[member="Evad"]

[member="Evad"]

It's generally not too bad. If you're expecting posts, go do something else for ten, fifteen minutes while they write one up. If you have them on Skype, talk to them and ask them to let you know when they post.

It seems a little silly to me to want a high-end, high-cost solution for something that's really an issue.

Ayden Cater said:
It seems a little silly to me to want a high-end, high-cost solution for something that's really an issue.
I think you a word.

And he was more asking for any solution we may have already that he was unaware of. It was me who brought the idea of a "high cost solution" into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom