Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Alpha Minerals Au Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
ed87a6f428b6cf5a9b4c32119112d51f.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent
: A source of income and resources for the Hestilic Kajidic
Image Credit: Hristo Rusanov's concept art
Canon: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Links: N/A

SETTING INFORMATION
Mine Name
: Alpha Minerals Au Mining Complex
Material: Aurodium
Affiliation: Alpha Minerals
Size: Large
Population
: Moderately Staffed
Profit
: High
Accessibility
: None of the mines are particularly easy to access unless you're on the morning workers' train. As is the case for the mines on both Sullust and Altor 14, the mines are located quite remotely in the mountains. Hiking to the Sullust mine is particularly ill-advised, as it has volcanic activity nearby. The Ruisto mine is an underwater complex, complicated on its own but a space entirely dedicated to the mining project. What all three mines have in common is that they are private property with high security, intent on keeping undesirables away. In most cases the surrounding nature takes care of that.
Description: The mining complexes of Altor 14 and Sullust are found deep within mountain ranges. The ones on Sullust are often situated deeper into the mountain valleys, or even into the mountains themselves. This is due to aurodium mining having been ongoing on Sullust for a while, whereas the project on Altor 14 is a relatively recent one. The facilities offer no beauty to the surrounding nature, instead being more akin to deep and offensive scars on the towering peaks. A constant flurry of activity can be witnessed from an aerial view, both from the mines itself but also from ships travelling to and from the facilities with new shipments. The aurodium is sometimes sold raw, though most of the time it is taken to a refinement facility to be turned into ingots. Though it is not standard for all of Alpha Mineral's facilities, the ones on Sullust come equipped with shield generators due to volcanic activity in the region. The Ruisto facilities are all underwater, though have the same design and layout. They are still situated within mountain ranges, though of course these are under the vast oceans. This has put an extra pressure on equipment and lighting.

POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Control center - a building of its own housing security surveillance rooms, as well as functioning as on-site barracks and armoury
  • Refinery - the refineries turn the raw material into ingots which is then packaged and shipped off-world for distribution
  • Unloading facility - a large sector dedicated to spacecraft landing as well as shipment storage. Shipments are checked before and after by an unloading crew to diminish the chance of sabotage
SECURITY
High.
Alpha Mineral's mining complexes employ private security forces to patrol the facilities and ensure the safety of the workers. These security forces are equipped with standard armour and small arms. The facilities are further protected by advanced warning systems, a network of cameras and surveillance, a duracrete perimeter wall with sufficient armament to fend off a good-size raid or attack in most cases. In the case of the Sullust facilities, they also come equipped with shield generators.

The facilities are closed off to the public. Unauthorised visitors are treated as hostiles.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The aurodium veins on Sullust and Ruisto were well known to Alpha Minerals, and an early target. Once the funding was secured they moved quickly to set up their facilities there. They also began to muscle out the competition either by throwing wealth at the problem, or conveniently a third party with links to a certain Hutt cartel would make remarks on how nice it was to keep families together, and how sad it is when it doesn't work out that way. In other words, many competitors were bought or suddenly backed away.

The early profits were quickly re-invested, and an effort was made to discover additional deposits of the valuable metal. New leads and permits to aid in exploration digging led to the discovery of a substantial deposit on Altor 14. Being the early bird in this case, Alpha Minerals were able to secure exclusive rights and have put their weight behind keeping the status quo.

Aurodium mining became the foundation for Alpha Minerals, a young but quickly growing mining corporation. The first steps in what would hopefully lead to system-wide dominance.

Last edited:
Kossak the Hutt Kossak the Hutt

This is a great submission. I am going to ask you to fix the image credit however. After clicking the link to the google search I got a couple of those thinks to work for me, specifically this one. Which seems like it may be as close to the original artist and credit that you will find.
Ah thanks, I struggled with that! Added in the link you provided. It shows up as "Error 404 - Not Found" for me, but if it works for the rest of you then suppose it's all good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom