Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Along Came A Politician

Devil In A Tight Dress
Coruscant
HOUSE OF PARVATI nightclub

"You know I hate these things." I said as I tied the last string on the front of my corset. The black leather gripping into my ribs. My friend, Alasia, was behind me, zipping the back up for me. "You hate it, but it makes your lavish spending habits easier to maintain." I could tell her voice was playful, but it did have the cut of a mother's disapproval in it. She was always good at keeping me grounded.

"You're right, I do love my jewelry." I teased back as I turned around to face her, extending my wrist toward her. I was going to have to do this private party and keep up my appearances. Ever since I found myself in tow with the Black Suns, it was harder and harder for me to put my mask back on and be a part of the real world. Alasia brought me out of my thoughts as she slipped my gorgeous bracelet over my wrist. I smiled as I saw the beautiful gems twinkling in the light. It helped bring me back into character.

"Thank you for always being here for me when I'm back on Coruscant." I gave my friend a smile, it had been far too long since the last time I had seen her. She ran my day-to -days in the core worlds when I wasn't here. Which was more and more recently. I put my arm on her shoulder to reassure her I meant what I said.

"Now, let's have another glass of champagne before I go downstairs and play my part." I rubbed her shoulder before taking my hand back to my side. She gave me a warm smile back, she didn't have to say you're welcome, we both knew how we felt. "What event am I even hosting tonight?" I started to get all the events jumbled after years in the industry. I've hosted award show, after-parties, birthday parties for rich assholes, and after a while they all seemed the same.

"It's a birthday party for some politician's son." I rolled my eyes as Alasia told me. "He's an awful person, but his dad is very rich and anyone who is anyone on Coruscant is going to be here." I perked up a little bit at that notion, it had been quite a long time since I had the chance to squeeze any information out of politicians.

"Well then, let's take this glass of champagne to go." I brought my shoulders back, standing tall as I gave myself another look in the mirror. My black dress clung to my body, my black boots giving me an extra couple inches of height, and my beautiful makeup done by Alasia. I did look mighty fine. No matter what, I promised myself in that moment I would enjoy the night.

______

Alasia had done a gorgeous job of decorating the club for the event. My already well decorated club had been transformed into every young, rich nerf herder's wet dream. My girls were dressed to the nines in fancy cocktail dresses, carrying glasses of our top shelf whiskey and champagne to packed tables that lined the entire club. She had changed the lining on all the seats to a sleek black vinyl, and the bar had been stocked with almost every alcohol known to man. It was a beautiful sight for me and for my pockets. I knew I was going to make out like a bandit tonight, and my girls were going to be rolling in tips.

"Here we go." I grabbed Alasia's hand as we descended the stairs in the back of the club, past our security guards, and into the sea of people.

"I'm going to go grab a drink, promise me you'll find me in an hour so we can catch up." I gave her a playful wink as I let go of her hand and made my way toward one of my bartenders.

"Give me a double, no ice." She gave me a nod and went to fetch my finest bottle of liquor.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

portrait-of-brigitte-helm-george-hoyningen-huen.jpg

This was my first week on Coruscant. How much longer it is that I am to stay, I am not sure. Reports of my days spent are sent off to my parents, which in part is shared with the rest of the Board of Directors of the New Cov Biomolecule Company. From there I gain further instructions as to what they have planned for me. Some people might find it exhausting, yet I am living my dream! Coruscant is bigger than I could have ever imagined and it is always bustling with activity! I do not believe it ever sleeps.

Today's schedule has me attending a birthday party at some club. I adorn myself in a flashy dress that my mother says compliments the color of my eyes. I can only take her word for it, however, as I am unable to see color at all. To try to pilot a ship would be deadly because of it, given that I cannot distinguish the difference between red and green. I can only imagine that I would press the wrong buttons and blow the ship up by accident.

No, my life is meant for other things.

I slip into the club with two of my staff accompanying me. And within seconds a flute of champaign is in my hands. I do not settle into mingling straight away. I have been taught to study the room first and pick out who to speak with wisely. And if it is one thing that I do best, it is observing and taking lessons from others. Rest assured that I would garner positive results for the Covie tonight.

Now I wait to see if being a fresh face was a good thing or not.

Tag: Parvati Parvati

Devil In A Tight Dress
The girls usually hated when I was in the building for these events, because they knew that I would be watching their work while they were busy. I expected a certain level of excellence no matter what the occasion. Every drop of alcohol spilled and every glass broken was profit going out the window. There was a high turnover rate in all my clubs because of this, but those who mastered their craft were very well rewarded. The amount of tips the bartenders brought in from my flagship clubs was enough to fund very lavish lifestyles.

"Thanks, doll." I said as she handed me my drink. I never really bothered learning most of the girls' names. If I learned one, I'd have to learn them all. I had over one thousand employees and it was almost impossible to know everyone's names. That was Alasia's job in this club. She and all the rest of my managers were the ones I trusted to get to know the girls. I was alright with being the scary boss that could appear out of nowhere at any time. "But next time, make sure you are paying attention when you're pouring." I gave her a stern look when I brought the glass to my mouth, a single drop of whiskey falling down the side. I licked it up before I took my first drink.

The taste of the caramel liquor coated my tongue and then my throat. It was a different taste than the dry champagne I had been drinking earlier. Luckily my high end brand of whiskey didn't burn like most others, another testament to my need for perfection. I took another sip of my drink before I turned back around and faced the crowd behind me. It was time for me to go about my real business attending this party.

It wouldn't be too long until I found someone who piqued my interest, however. Tucked away in the corner of the club I saw a most peculiar sight- someone who stood out against the sea of black suits and cocktail dresses. I guess it was the shimmer of her dress that caught my eye, then the quality of the fabric it was made with. I had a knack of spotting cheap garments, another side effect of my spending habits I guess. I could tell that her dress was made with love, and most importantly, that it was very expensive. I thought it was a refreshing take from the synthetic fibers most used to imitate quality.

Then I noticed her entourage, a couple of people sticking by her like flies to dung. I couldn't tell if she was royalty, a politician, a movie starlet, or just a really rich girl with good fashion sense, either way I was very interested to find out what she was doing in my club. Anyone with an entourage usually knew a thing or two about what was going on in the galaxy.

After years in the game, whenever I found a mark I couldn't read I had learned it was easiest to build trust with them first by presenting as a kind, pretty stranger. I had made a name for myself among the crowd that gathered here tonight. Hell, I was a staple in most of their home bars, or rather their parent's home bars for years now. However, if I couldn't recognize them, they more than likely couldn't recognize me. Which was something I planned on using in my favor.

Not wanting to give her a chance to escape, I started walking toward her. I kept my drink in my hand, the whiskey swaying back and forth as I weaved between the patrons that separated us, being careful not to spill any. I approached her with confidence, showing her, and her entourage I was deserving of talking to her unprovoked. Hopefully they would know I wasn't hostile. Perhaps she wouldn't know who I was, but she would be able to tell the social standing I had.

"You're new around here aren't you?" I had to really strain my voice to be heard over the music coming from the speakers. I wouldn't get too close so I wouldn't spook her buddies.

"How do you know the birthday boy?"

The music had a great beat to it, and I cannot help but time the fanning of my fan to it. So many people are dancing. A part of me wants to join them, but now was not the time. I had to find an appropriate dance partner first. Most people that danced alone were not judged kindly, as so I had to restrain myself for the moment.

Apparently I was drawing some attention, for one of my staff pointed out a woman heading straight towards me. It almost reminds me of a predator going after it's prey. I had a sip from my flute just before she could reach me and lowered my fan once she did. Despite the loud music I can still hear her questions of me. It is clear that I am not recognizeable yet on this world and that is a great thing in this early stage.

"Oh I am an invited guest to Coruscant on a short stay." I answer the lady quickly, keeping my responses brief so that the words do not get easily lost. "The birthday boy's father is looking to garner some positive influence in the world that I represent. I still have yet to meet either in person." I pause as the noise level around us increases. With a polite smile I take a step forward, letting my fan drop at my side as I bring my free hand up to shake in greeting; "I am Liin Terallo, Representative of New Cov and the New Cov Biomolecule Company. And you are?"

Devil In A Tight Dress
I could immediately tell I liked this woman. From her clothing to her personality, I was drawn in already. I admired her fan as she lowered it to her side. It was made with the same taste level and attention to detail as her garment. As she spoke I took in her words, listening intently to them. She was an offworlder, which a lot of the people on Coruscant were, but she seemed like a different breed. Where most were ravenous and hungry for power or social standing, Liin seemed less rough around the edges. Not naiive, but just gentler. Maybe this was a ruse and she was just blending in, but either way I wanted to see for myself.

"You aren't missing out on much, the guy's a punk." I replied to her, grabbing her hand in mine to shake it. I have a very firm grip, something some might say was unbecoming of a woman, but in my line of work you had to present as confident as possible. I was careful, however, to squeeze too firmly. My eyes widened when she told me her title. Jackpot. She was exactly what I thought she was when I laid my eyes on her. Damn am I good at my job.

"Though saying that might get me in trouble." My voice was making it over the music just by a hair, I had to lean into her for her to hear me well. Plus close body contact was good when trying to gain the trust of someone. "My name's Parvati, I own this club and I'm throwing the party for the little prick." I let out a small titter as I let go of her grip, using my free hand to bring my whiskey glass to my lips.

"If you're looking to make connects, sitting by the bar with your entourage is only going to get you weird looks." I said playfully. "Just tell people you're with me and they'll get you whatever you want." My mind went back to Alasia, wondering if she had been successful in finding any leads for herself.

The lady has a firmer grip than my own. That is a sign of a lady with more than just a physical strength, but a strength in mind as well. My own grip is soft and gentle, yet not at all timid. Even when in the presence of a multitude of complete strangers, I am sure to give off the aura of a quite confidence. Afterall, one does not need to speak loudly to be heard.

I listen to her comments on the host's son and display a small smile of amusement. I can think of a dozen reasons as to why the young man can be labelled in such a manner for I have come across many likewise individuals growing up.

Hearing of her name and position causes my smile to widen. A woman of business is always a joy to talk to. And there are many things that I can ask her. I consider myself lucky that she has found me first.

I keep the distance between us small so that she can hear me. "It is lovely to meet you, Parvati. How long have you owned this club? I can imagine the profit margin is quite high given your clientele. You must be doing veey well for yourself!"

Devil In A Tight Dress
I smile as she does, letting the music fuel my good mood. Maybe it was the liquor as well- either way I'm in a good mood. There's a devil beneath my grin, however, because now I know we are both playing the game. Some politicians were bad at the game, some were unaware of the game, and some were good. I always had more fun with those who were good at the game.

It wasn't that Liin would view me as a tool, or view me as someone who was simply using her. She knew my worth as I knew hers. It was mutually beneficial for us to have this conversation, these drinks, and maybe this dance. I extended my hand again to hers, this time softly bringing it up toward my face. I took my dark amber eyes to hers, "I've done very well for myself, Liin." I said as I kissed her hand gently.

It wasn't lust I was feeling toward her, though she was a very attractive woman, instead it was this mutual showing of power. I let her hand back down and brought my other hand holding my drink back to my lips, trading the soft smell of her skin for the warm, oaky scent of my whiskey. The taste of the alcohol burned my pallet where her skin teased it moments before. "We can talk business whenever, what do you say we get you something stronger than that champagne and go dancing?" I tugged her interest with my eyes, using my natural affinity for persuasion to draw her into me.

"Why don't you ditch the others, they don't seem too fun anyways." I motioned my head toward her entourage. I knew they likely wouldn't let her leave their sight, but it would be more fun to take the representative out to play without the looming eyes of her handlers. I was keen on showing my new friend a night out with me, with all the ups and downs it comes with. We would have plenty of time to talk about our respected businesses, but for once I was more drawn into the person than the profession.

She kisses my hand in a manner of a gentleman towards a lady. Oh how quaint! If I was royalty, I am sure that she would curtsey. But thankfully this was less likely to draw attention.

I dip my head in acknowledgement and continue my smile as I listen to her. She has one of those voices that I find soothing. Or maybe it is enhanced by my drink? Regardless, I love the idea of dancing. "Dancing will be delightful!"

Yet as she asks for me to leave my staff behind, I cannot help but hesitate. It was like asking me to venture out in the wilderness alone. I looked to both of them and the nods that I'm given embolden my confidence. We had protocols set up for this, only this is the first time that I have had to implement them.

I turn my attention back to Parvati and quickly finish my flute of champaigne, setting the empty glass on a tray. A rolling back of my shoulders almost feels like I am removing an invisible cloak that was weighing me down. For this venture I will get to be myself instead of a politician. And it was freeing! "Let us let loose and have some fun!" I know not to allow myself to get drunk or make a fool of myself, but I was eager to see what the real life on Coruscant was like.

Devil In A Tight Dress
And I'm in.

As soon as she gave permission, I seized the opportunity. I grabbed her by the hand after she placed her empty champagne flute down. There was an air of hunger in my movements. I knew this nightclub better than anyone. While I had her in my hand, I slithered us through the droves of people between the us and the bar. I learned long ago that the fastest way through a crowd of people in a club was to move with the beat of the music. My hips swayed to the bass lines, moving between people's sweaty bodies, making sure to never let go of Liin's hand.

Even though we were only a couple dozen meters from the bar itself, it took us a minute or so to get there. The club was packed, the drinks were flowing, and the people were dancing. At one point it felt like I was going to lose Liin, whether to the music or to the crowd, but eventually both of us made it to the bar. I let go of her hand as we approached and I leaned myself up against the bar to wave down the bartender. I kept my wide grin on my face as I did so. Soon enough one of the girls noticed me and dropped what she was doing to make her way over to the two of us.

"Give us two shots of Black Label." I yelled over the loud bass pumping through the speakers overhead. The girl behind the bar immediately did as I requested, reaching up high to grab the bottle off of the top shelf. She could tell I was in a good mood, but was still very careful to not make any mistakes when serving us. She grabbed two fresh shot glasses from behind the bar, placing them in front of us and filling them for us. "Each." I said in response, looking to Liin with mischief behind my eyes. Soon the girl behind the bar realized what I said and grabbed two more glasses, filling them like she did the first two.

"Not only do I own my nightclubs, but I make the best damn whiskey you've ever tried." My gaze returned to Liin now. I checked her body language to make sure I wasn't coming on too strong. Not everyone was used to the loud surroundings my nightclubs were famous for.

"Cheers." I said eagerly before I downed the two shots back to back. Usually my Black Label was reserved for sipping on, the beautiful finish was one most people liked to savor, plus the price per drink was much higher than that of whiskey you would shoot. I didn't care this time, though, I was in the mood to show off a bit to my new friend.

I checked her reaction to make sure she liked the whiskey.

Tag: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

She moves so quickly!

I am thankful that her grip on my hand does not release as she leads me through the near mob of people dancing. Everyone seems to be both in sync and not with one another at the same time. I am not familiar with this style of music, but it is easy to move to!

It is not as though we had to travel far, however I was not quite sure of her destination. Is she leading me out? Or to a special spot on the dance floor?

It only takes me a few moments to come to the realization of the fact that we had reached the destination. The bar. I can barely hear what is spoken, however I hear enough that allows me to give a well educated guess. A drink to try! And in not one shot glass but two!

I watch in a nearly jealous awe as she downs the shots so quickly. I know in my heart that I cannot do the same. However I pick up the first and take it in one gulp. My eyes widen and I cannot help but cough as the liquid dries up my throat in the same respect as though I had just spent days on a desert world. "That is very strong!" I yell out before grabbing a napkin to wipe away any liquid that may have dribbled on my chin.

Looking at the second glass, I take it a little more slowly this time, having not just one gulp but two. This time it went down a little easier. For a second or two I can feel my balance start to waver, but use the bartop to prevent me from tipping over. "I must have a few bottles to take back home!" My Father will surely love it. I am quite sure that he has not had this brand before.

Devil In A Tight Dress
I watched as she struggled to down the second shot. It wasn't uncommon for diplomats to have trouble keeping up with people like me, but it was almost sweet to see Liin trying. Taking the piss out of politicians was fun, but I didn't want my new diplomat friend to get into an compromising situations. I gave her a friendly smile as she finished. I wasn't sure if she actually liked it or not, but I'd double down on her offer. "Have your friends talk to one of the floor managers before you leave. I'll send you on your way with a few bottles for your father to try." It was always worth getting new clients. I had never done business on New Cov, frankly I'd never even heard of it.

"Now, I owe you a dance." I looked back at her when I spoke. I was really enjoying her company. Then a familiar voice wormed its way into my head via my in-ear piece.

"Parvati.." I could tell it was Alasia by the tone of her voice. "The birthday boy is looking for you, he wants you to give the first toast of the evening." She trailed off as I was already shaking my head in frustration. "I know..he's the worst. He wants the music cut in five for the toast." I jingled the expensive bracelet on my arm to remind me why I do all of this in the first place.

"Understood." I said as I tapped the piece in my ear. I looked back to Liin.

"Looks like it'll have to be a quick dance, they want me to make a toast for the birthday celebration." I grabbed her hand again, leaning in while falling back into the crowd. "You can come on stage with me when I do it, the whole club will see you. Makes you feel like a real badass." I let go of her hand as we fell into the center of a group of people, I started dancing with my hands up and my hips swaying. I was going to soak up the next few minutes as the alcohol settled in my system before I had to get up and make a fake scene for this twit I didn't even like.

Tag: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

I smile brightly as there are indeed bottles for purchase. How splendid! I will be sure to remember to puchase them once I am finished here for the night.

A dance was offered and I cannot help but get to my feet, perhaps a little too eagerly. I am not yet tipsy, but I can feel some of the effects of the whiskey. Already I feel lighter on my feet, not yet realizing that Parvati is speaking to someone in her ear. I take a quick peek and spot my staff pretending not to be keeping an eye on me; but they are. To anyone else they are just faces among the crowd.

A short dance is better than none at all. I keep close as I am pulled along the floor once more until I am released. The music takes over and I utilize my fan to play coy to everyone nearby while I move to the beat. I keep my movements fluid, yet not very wild. If I am to go on stage soon, I still need to look my best instead of a sweaty mess. At least my fan will be on hand to help cool me down.

This is going to be a real treat!

Devil In A Tight Dress
I synced my movements with hers, our bodies pulsing back and forth while the heavy bass shook our bones. The previous drinks were starting to hit me a little harder than I imagined. For a brief moment, I forgot I was hosting a party, and felt as though I was a young twenty-something getting sweaty on a dance-floor in a backwater bar on Nar Shaddaa. It was something I thought about often, what would have happened if I never opened my first bar, if I never ran away from home. I know I'd never trade my life now for anything, but sometimes the mind wandered. I looked at Liin and smiled while we grooved, letting her know I was having a blast. I would squeeze every ounce of this moment I could, living instead of plotting, dancing instead of fighting, and smiling instead of negotiating.

I was brought back to my harsh reality all too quickly, however, when Alasia buzzed in my ear once more- reminding me that it was about time for us to go on stage. I chose not to respond this time, knowing it would likely be almost impossible to hear me over the music anyways. Alasia knew that I would never miss a business commitment, no matter how much fun I was having. Even if she didn't hear a response, she wouldn't have a reason to worry.

The good part about electronic music was most of the songs blended into each other, melting each dance with the next. It was a great way to get people to stay longer and drink more, but on the opposite end it was also easy to slip away instead of having to wait for the song to end. I looked at Liin once more. "Alright, let's go get ready to give him our best wishes!" I said sarcastically while I stepped back out of the crowd of people dancing around us. It would have taken us so long to wade through them to get to the front of the club, but luckily the same staircase I came down from that lead to my penthouse also lead to the stage we were going to be standing on.

I lead Liin past security, up the stairs, and toward the stage in the middle of the club that was about to lift up into the air. Alasia gave us a relieved look when she saw us arriving. She extended her hand toward Liin and introduced herself. "It's good to meet you, Liin." I figured Liin would be surprised Alasia already knew her name, but that was kind of her thing. She kept tabs on everyone that hung around me. That woman got me out of more tough spots that I dared to admit.

"Alasia you know you scare people with that shit." I said jokingly as I turned toward the two of them. "Liin, this is Alasia, the manager of the club and one of my best friends." I smiled at them both as they exchanged pleasantries. It was close to showtime, so hopefully they were both ready. "Where's the little shit I'm supposed to be wishing a happy birthday?" I asked Alasia, looking around the crowd of people gathering.

"He's going to be here in just a moment, Parvati."

"What's his na-" I started to ask.

"Hugo Nassir." Alasia said before I could finish. "And he's about to tap you on the shoulder."

I rolled my eyes heavily right before I felt a firm grip on my right shoulder. If he wasn't filthy rich I would have broken his hand for even trying.

"Hugo!" I yelled as I twirled around to meet his gaze with mine. Standing six feet tall, I was at eye level with him, something most men hated, but I loved. "Happy birthday, are you ready for your toast?" I put on my best fake smile as I lead the three of us onto the platform before us. Alasia stayed behind to monitor the situation and let them know it was time for the toast. A couple of Hugo's friends gathered on the platform with us, all of them as drunk as Hugo was.

I looked back at Liin one last time, "Showtime!"

With that the music slowly faded out and the lift started rising above the crowd below us. It wouldn't be long until the DJ announced we were doing the birthday toast.

The dancing is incredible. I do not care about how I look or whether or not I am doing any of the movements correctly. Instead I just lose myself to the music. And it is wonderful!

But no sooner did it start than it was soon to be over. I am led away from the dance floor and taken to a set of stairs which lead towards the stage. I fix up loose strands of my hair, tucking them in before assuring that the straps of my dress are in their proper places. If I am to go on stage, then I must look my very best, afterall.

Another woman joins us, greeting me with my name. I do not recall seeing her before, but upon hearing that she is staff, then it comes at no surprise. The hostess must be as watched as I am. I dip my head briefly. "A pleasure to meet you."

And then arrived the special guest and his friends, obviously inebriated moreso than was proper. This can either go really well, or really poorly. At least they manage to keep a respectful distance. I put on the same well practiced smile as the hostess and allow myself to feel unnerved at the prospect of being on center stage. Some might call the technique grounding, but I call it proper training. "Showtime indeed."

Devil In A Tight Dress
The air around us as we started rising got more and more damp as the heat from the club rose to the top. The lights that were flashing quickly started to slow down as the DJ started slowing the music down for us.

"All my happy dancers, we have a special announcement from the owner herself. We're here to celebrate the birthday boy and that's what we're going to do!" He paused as the music faded away completely, a singular spotlight falling onto those of us on the platform. There were hushed words being exchanged below, but for the most part the club was quiet and ready to hear from us.

"Welcome, everyone, to my little slice of Coruscant!" I spoke confidently into the microphone in my hand, my words echoing through the entire club. It was not as loud as the music was previously, but everyone in the building would be able to hear me. "My name is Parvati, and I'm here to wish Hugo a happy birthday." I choked back my resentment for the little spit as I continued. "I hear he's turning thirty tonight and we're all going to give him a big birthday celebration!"

On that cue, a row of my girls started filing out of the side doors, cakes and champagne in hand, all attached to sparklers and other flashy objects. They were starting to mingle with the crowd, handing out champagne flutes to toast with to the patrons below. I could feel the energy shifting in the room, everyone loved free champagne. "Here in a couple minutes when the clock strikes midnight we are all going to cheers to Hugo!" I raised my hand in the air, the people below cheering a bit as I did so.

One of Hugo's friends took out a small bottle of champagne that Alasia had given him, along with a couple plastic cups- nothing as fancy as the flutes below, but enough that we would all be able to cheers with the rest of the club. I looked toward Liin as I filled her glass, "Didn't think you'd be this high up tonight did you?" I smiled as I spoke. "I hope you aren't afraid of heights, love." I then topped off her glass and went on to pouring Hugo's.

"Hugo, I'm excited to see what tonight has in store for us, and remember don't be a stranger. I'd love to see you and your dad in here more often." I always had to have a bit of business in everything I did, and seeing as his father was richer than almost anyone else on Coruscant, I'd do whatever I could to ensure I got a piece of that pie myself. The drunk Hugo nodded as he took a small sip from his champagne in one hand and then his whiskey in the other.

It was nearing fifteen seconds till midnight, so I went back to the front of the platform, gripping the mic in one hand and the champagne in the other, "Alright everyone, let's get ready to party!"

I lead the count, as everyone else joined in,

"10!

9!

8!

7!

6!"

The vibes in the club were getting rowdier, everyone was starting to put their all into it at this point.

"5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" As I said that, raising my champagne in the air, confetti and glitter rained down below us, coating everyone. I turned to Hugo and Liin, putting my drink into the air to toast with them as the music turned back on and started raging from the speakers once more.

"To new friendships." I said to the duo, only really speaking to Liin.

I can feel my skin begin to perspire. The air is hotter with each foot we are raised. Although New Cov is in and of itself a relatively hot and humid planet, the climate control of the biodomes always keeps the humidity and temperature at a comfortable level. Here there was no such luxury.

At the very least I have my fan. I open it up and begin to gently fan myself as we reach the top. My smile remains as I float my gaze among the crowd below us. Everyone is staring and cheering with glasses and arms raised.

The hostess hands me a small cup and pours some champagne into it. My smile widens as I nod my head in response to her comment. Thankfully I am not afraid of heights. There are far different types of things that I am afraid of. Yet I shall never reveal those to others. Sometimes it is best to keep certain things hidden.

The clock strikes midnight and I cheer with everyone else, feeling the air in the venue lift with everyone's spirits. "Happy birthday Hugo!" I catch the toast from the hostess and dip my head in acknowledgement. "To new friendships."I know that she spoke to me in that regard. Her eyes said as much. I find it interesting to see how she operates and handles herself in situations that she would rather not be a part of. It is something that I can relate too.

Devil In A Tight Dress
After the fanfare on the platform settled and we all had time to drink our champagne, Alasia started lowering us back to the ground again. I was quite ready to get out of my hosting duties. Like I've mentioned to Liin several times now, spending time with Hugo wasn't something I was keenly interested in. While we returned back to the upper bar area of the club, I quickly stepped off, setting my empty glass on a table near us. I took the back of my hands and brushed my hair back a bit, giving it a little more volume after the humidity from the air frizzed it a little.

"Now that you're back, Parvati, I think it's time we debrief. I have some information I've gathered that I think you'd love to hear." Alasia said to me matter-of-factly, taking the bottle of champagne out of my hands, signaling it may be serious. I turned to her with a smile, picking up the bottle of champagne again. I didn't want to alert Liin to any strangeness that may intimidate her. My clubs were secure enough, seeing as I paid for every staff member to have self-defense classes and shooting practice. "Alasia, my love," I said back to her, letting her know she was getting too anxious again, "let's meet in the penthouse. I could use a moment to freshen up my makeup anyhow." I looked to Liin, "How would you like to grab some water and take a few moments to powder our noses?" I knew that offer may be a little intimidating at first, "You can even bring your friends from earlier up." Alasia gave me wide eyes as I offered, seeing as I hardly ever allow anyone into my private quarters in the club. I returned her look with a smile, I wasn't going to allow them too deep into my quarters, we would simply spend time in the parlor while we debriefed.

"Now, Alasia, let's go. I figure we don't want to keep our diplomat friend here away from her security detail for too long." I extended my arm forward, motioning for them to start in front of me. After the excitement of the evening, I was interested in getting to know Liin a bit more. I feel like we can be beneficial for each other in the short term and in the long term.

I watch the exchange between the hostess and her staff, yet I do not stare. That would be impolite. Instead my gaze flickers between them and the others in the club. I can see that my staff are also watching me.

I return my attention back to the hostess as she directs a question towards me. To take a break from the loud club was a welcomed suggestion upon which I smile and nod. "That would be lovely, thank you." I signal for my staff to follow me as I follow her lead. I did not bring any powder for my nose so I suspect that it is all code for something. I do not believe that it is anything nefarious, however. It is merely a good excuse to get away from Hugo and his entourage.

"Is this how a typical night here ensues?I am used to a much more quieter lifestyle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom