Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allegiance to the Empire (Dominion of Gravlex Med)

Captain Yaghdra nodded when he got his order from the Moff. Without a word he moved over to his command chair and pulled up one of the holographic screens. With a click of a button it displayed every ship name and categorized into two columns based upon their location in the stand off. Those that were aligned with the Sith were on the right side, and the Remnant forces on the left. He instantly disregarded anything on the left. Even if some were more inclined to part with the Sith, he had nothing reliable to make a call on whether or not they could be told or not.

With a click of a button the ships on the left side vanished from the screen and the column on the right was then centered. His large black eyes looked them over. With another click this list of commanding officers on them appeared beside each ship's profile. A handful of them he knew to be people that had come over from the Remnant before the alliance had been worked out. Without thinking he flicked the ships on that list to the side which vanished, such as the Adjudicator, and focused on those that remained to receive the news.

One ship he was not entirely sure what to do about. This was the ship of the Sith Lord. His eyes looked from it to the Moff who was talking to the Admiral of the Planetary Defense Force. He tried to read the man's mind and decide if the Sith should be informed directly about the native forces or not. Uhl knew that Sven hated the Sith, however, in this instance he was aligning himself with them. It showed initiative though, and gave the feint of true loyalty. It also could put the Sith Lord in a difficult position. Take advantage of the situation and wipe out the Remnant forces, at great risk, or waste an opportunity but see the native forces taken out. Either way, Sven one and by association Uhl won.

Decision made he pressed down a key that would broadcast a message to the vessels he thought to be loyal. "The Planetary Defense Force have sided with the Sith Empire in the defense of their planet. Awaiting orders on how to proceed."

Sergio Kaufmann II

S
Sergio sat on his hover-chair on the bridge of his flagship, the Avarice-class Star Destroyer, Sacrament, watching and listening as the whole debacle between the other Moffs of the Sith Empire, plus the Sith lord, and the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant. It was quite the spectacle to behold, and a dangerous one to be part of. He called his captain over to him and told him in a very calm and nonchalant voice, "Send word to our ships to stand by for attack, but they will only attack on my command. We will see what Lord Tirdarius has to say about this." The Captain saluted and went to relay the Moff's message, while Sergio simply looked out of the viewport at the mass of ships blockading the planet, and felt a frown tug on his lips as the PDF opened fire on the Imperial Remnant fleet. Technically, they attacked the Grand Admiral first, making this extremely unclear on whether to follow the previous orders given or not. Sergio decided to play it safe, and wait to see what his fellow Moffs would do before following suit himself.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
It would be just like Valik's Master to send him to take care of business and then light a fuse set to blow him up, if only to test him. No, but this didn't have his mark. Too many political ramifications. He would test Valik, but he wouldn't let his Empire suffer in the process. His Master held the Empire dearer than a lover, and it held all of his loyalty. No, the firing shot had to come from somewhere else. The PDF wouldn't have initiated combat on their own against such insurmountable odds without the backing of the Sith fleet, so that meant one of the Moffs must have offered an alliance in return for the PDF firing the first shot. The chiss, the bigot, or the suit . . . Valik regretted not knowing the Moffs enough to know which ones were more likely to pull this sort of stunt.

"I knew boarding the ship of such a cowardly and inefficient leader would spell our doom." Valik said to @[member="Val'Ryss Zankarr"], "I have other business to attend to Grand Admiral." Valik said and then left the bridge, immediately followed by two Imperial Knights.

Zhaf Passik

Body Guard of the Grand Admiral
Zhaf stood behind the Grand Admiral Kisep intent. He didn't realyl understand all of these orders here and there or what code meant what, but he did understand that the Sith were very volatile people and he would be here to keep her alive.

This entire attack was pointless. The sith were more than powerful enough to take the planet by themselves. It may take some extra time, but help wasn't needed. Nevertheless, he stood by her side watching all who entered and left, hand by his sidearm at all times.

[Aboard the Remnant Fleet- Bridge Razor's Kiss]
@[member="Viera Kisep"]
Val'Ryss stood amongst those on the bridge. She watched Valik disappear from her presence. The dark cloaked woman hung about the madness of the bring as it moved to counter the PDF strike from the target. So the Remnant moves but is struck first by the prey?....Interesting, Val'Ryss mentally taking note. Her head turned to look at the Grand Admiral and the knights by her side. She smiled and the chuckled to announce her words, "Hiss, hiss, hissss-" her dark laugh slithered, "Such an unfortunate method of greeting the forces who could have come to save them. But the cornered are always blinded by the bright lights of hope. They shall soon realize their fate." Val'Ryss moved closer to approach the Grand Admiral, every step was echoed by a metallic tonk of her black boots. With every distance closer, the knights became more irked and cautious. Of course they had reason to worry, as force-sensitive they would be aghast by the tainted force that swept around her. Val'Ryss was walking putrid corruption itself.

Coming up behind the Admiral her slender lips moved letting out words that crawled into Kisep's ears and nested into her mind. Words with a shudder-provoking tone, "It seems the Grand Admiral has been betrayed. Perhaps she should press the attack and finish off this vile show of disobedience? But if done, the Admiral would incur the wrath of the Sith. Such a difficult situation. Perhaps a sudden silence will ease the Admiral's thoughts, a halt?" She stopped and then moved ahead of Kisep to stand in front of her and gaze out at the planet. "Be warned Grand Admiral, if the Admiral does not finish the confrontation, my masters, along with this one, shall end it. Now such an ending would be not in the Admiral's favour would it now?"

Spencer twitched she knew this feeling all too well. The woman was Val'Ryss and apart of her corruption resided inside of her. Looking towards the Admiral and the slithering snake that Val was. Crossing hee arms she tilted her head and spoke to the corruption

"Val do not interfere with what is happening. I will personally take care of you. And you know I can."

Spencer moved closer to the admiral, the woman could be easily swayed, hence why Spencer was here.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Viera Kisep"]
Val'Ryss stopped and shook her head. Her dark hood tilted back and forth. Turning her head, part of her face was revealed under it and with a glare of her eyes Val'Ryss addressed the masked-woman who spoke out against her. "Ah, Sanctuary...was it?" She spoke cynically, giggling she continued, "Hiss, hiss, hiss. Oh, but it is this one's duty to interfere. Master Tirdarius has given this one strict orders."

Turning away from the planet she gave Kisep a nodded, a gesture to give her the go ahead to do as she pleases. Then coming closer and closer to Sanctuary she stopped. Val'Ryss was shoulder-to-shoulder with her. Her lips moved and rested intimately only a hair's length from her ears. Val'Ryss' words shivered across the space and caressed Sanctuary's being. "This one would love for you to 'personally' take care of her. Come. Show this one your darkness, punish her, let her absorb your command of pain. Heheheheh." Letting the cold tone seep in her head looked away and standing like a dark shadow behind both Sanctuary and Kisep, she watched and listened. This shall be fun to watch.

Sanctuary did her best to not shiver when Val'Ryss laughed and caressed her being with the silkened words. She remembered what she saw in her vision. Their fates were intertwined and no matter how much she wanted to avoid Val, the woman's darkness remained in her.

Looking towards Viera, a calm washed over the woman as Spencer started to use the Force. Her words calmer than before, far gentler than how she spoke to Val'Ryss.

"Continue with your plan to push through the planetary defense forces. Once they're gone we can take the planet or find our escape route. "

Closing her eyes, Spencer began her meditation. Her attention moved to Val'Ryss.

"I am much more than darkness. I told you before I seek balance with in the force. Something you'll never understand"

Rhace Tarrin

R
When arguments happened between higher-ups, people below got to suffer. The plan had been to deploy the army at some point but now that the Empire and the Remnant were having their little girl-fight, Rhace and his troops were officially stuck inside Kirk's ship, doing absolutely nothing. This left him in the precarious position of 'what to do'.

He removed his helmet, found a corner, and took a nap, because this was boring his brains out. Anyone who argued got a lightsaber to the face.

Someone wake me up when this gets good...

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
"All batteries open fire on the Anxians!" Shorn ordered. "Officer Morvin, bring us about into a defensive formation with the rest of the fleet."

"Aye, sir." The Duros at the helm began to maneuver the craft into position. In space, battle took place not on a level field, but in a dizzying array of dimensions. Ships floated above, behind, to the sides and all around each other as they engaged. A corvette from the Personal Defense Fleet drew in at an angle to the Adjudicator, sitting just above the bridge and to the starboard side. The speedy vessel began to maneuver around to the aft of the Star Destroyer.

Seth strode over to a tactical display, scanning over it with intense eyes. "Tors, relay a message to the bomber squadrons. Their target is that corvette, understood? De Shev, have all aft guns brought to bear on that corvette. We cannot let it wreak havoc on our engines."

Tiny holographic images indicating bombers on the tactical display moved toward the corvette. The corvette opened fire with its anti-starfighter weaponry. A bomber blipped out of existence. Seth's grip whitened on the display. The bombers soared past, discharging their payloads and breaking off. Bright flashes emanated from the holographic image of the corvette.

"Situation report?" Seth asked anxiously.

Tors held up a hand to his earpiece, nodded once, then turned to Seth. "The corvette suffered severe damage to her heavy weaponry. She's breaking off now. Vornskr Squadron suffered a casualty."

"Thank you." Seth gritted his teeth. They should not have lost anyone in this undertaking. The planet could have been taken without need for force. The Anx had no hope against the combined might of the Remnant and the Empire. It was utter stupidity to open fire before negotiations. Seth did not understand it. From what he knew of the Anxians, the move was uncharacteristic. The loss of life this battle would lead to was regrettable, but they were beyond that now. The best Seth could hope for was to end the conflict quickly. Intense brown eyes studied the tactical display. His mouth drew into a thin line. He knew what needed to be done. "Tors, can you locate the flagship of the Anx Personal Defense Fleet?"

Tors pondered the question for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, sir. I can find where their fleetwide communication signals originated. That should give us a good indicator of where their capital ship is."

"Praetor Shorn, a message from the Grand Admiral's ship," said the rumbling voice of the Yuzzem.

The Praetor of the Royal Guards flashed a glance in Dirk's direction before turning back to his Communications Officer. "Do that Tors, alert me as soon as you have located it." Brown eyes swiveled to stare unwaveringly at the giant Yuzzem. "What is it Dirk?"

The Yuzzem looked hesitant. "There is a situation on board the Grand Admiral's vessel."

Shorn frowned. He walked across the bridge to stand near Dirk and lowered his voice. "What... kind of situation?"

"Several Sith Knights seem to have boarded the vessel and confronted the Grand Admiral."

Fear blanched through Seth. Sith Knights. Nothing good could come of this. "Are the Imperial Knights there?"

"I believe they are... aware of the situation, but nothing is being done. We cannot let them walk about freely. They are a danger." The Yuzzem's face twisted into a snarl, fangs bared.

Seth nodded, unperturbed by the giant beast. "On this we agree. Launce's cadre is aboard the vessel, correct?" The Yuzzem nodded. "They are our best. Relay a message to them. They must protect the Grand Admiral at all costs. Thank you, Dirk."

The Yuzzem grunted and stalked off to a corner, where he relayed the message. Shorn nodded in satisfaction. Finally, Royal Guards doing what they were meant to do. Protect. Shorn turned to Tors, who was waving him over.
"You have found it?"

"Yes, sir," Tors said excitedly. "It is the heavy frigate Kindai."

Shorn clapped Tors on the back. "Good work!" An intensity shone from Seth's eyes. The light of a plan. "De Shev, focus all batteries on the enemy vessel Kindai. Fire all proton torpedoes as well. Unload everything we have, but focus solely on the bridge. We must cut off the head. The body will follow."

As the crew of the Adjudicator moved into action, the Star Destroyer wheeled and unleashed devastating hell upon the Kindai. Jets of green and red screamed silently through space before slamming against the shields of the frigate's bridge with a splash of light. The Adjudicator peppered the frigate incessantly, reducing engine power to give added reactor energy to the turbolasers. Against the full might of one of the Remnant's star destroyers, there could be no hope for a mere frigate. However, it was the proton torpedoes that finally ended it. Fourteen of the capital grade missiles left their launch tubes. Point defense weaponry destroyed five of them, but the other nine impacted the bridge. A brilliant fireball of orange and red erupted into the blackness of space as the bridge exploded. The fire disappeared nearly instantly in the dark vacuum, but one could still see vapor leaking from the Kindai's open hull as it tipped downward and began to sink beneath the battle.

It gave Seth small satisfaction. He hated the taking of life, no matter what the cause. Even this act pained him, but it was necessary.

"Tors, open up a com to the Anxian Personal Defense Fleet," Shorn waited until the channel was opened. "Anxians, you have fought valiantly to defend your homeworld. But it is clear that you are outmatched. Your flagship has been crippled and you have lost your admiral. I beg you to surrender now and I will do my utmost to save your planet. There will be no repetition of past atrocities if you comply with me. We are not the Imperials of before. Continue to resist and you will be utterly destroyed. It is not something I take pleasure in, nor wish to see. This is Praetor Shorn. And this is your ultimatum."

~ ~ ~
Onboard the Grand Admiral's Ship.
@[member="Viera Kisep"] @Val'Ryss Zankar @[member="Rhace Tarrin"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Twelve Royal Guards entered the room and immediately surrounded the Grand Admiral. Expressionless helmets stared unwaveringly at the Sith. Shouldered force pikes glinted menacingly in their grasp. They were here to protect and, if necessary, to kill. One among their number stepped forward. A deep, noble bass emanated from behind the blank helm.

"Praetor Shorn sends his regards. You are no longer welcome aboard this ship. Leave. Now."

Viera had enough.. the amount of people on her bridge during combat was distracting and not appropiate for the moment. She was tired of all of it, the Sith playing her games, the first apprentice taunting her.. the other running off. Then the royal guard showed up and had the nerve to order for her. Viera was fuming... so she took a breath. " Praetor Shorn, can send his regards personally next time, while your guard is appreciated you have no authority in this matter, If I ever catch the royal guard daring to undermine me again, you will all find yourselves test subjects for the sith apprentices. " She looked to the sith, surely her raise voice had caught everyones attention. " Everyone who is not here to control the ship or here on orders from the Empress herself leave the bridge or shut it and sit down. We are in combat, and the last thing my officers need is more distractions, if you want us to all die, then feel free to continue bickering but do it away from here, I for one would like to survive this encounter. If you have some other reason to be here such as to intimidate me for Tidirius, please feel free to stay but " The ship shook again, almost knocking Viera to the gorund. She shook her head... This was what the sith.. brought with them? it was unacceptable... " just stay quiet for now.. , I will address anyone who needs it after the fight, until then please find a quiet place to sit. " The screens were red, and the shields were low, She couldn't believe the crap that was going down during a fight... did they not know their very lives were in danger?
Discpline needed to be present on a naval vessel.. she would have a word with the empress about the behavior of the sith, including her first apprentice... She was fine with her being on her ship, but causing an uproar like this on her ship was not welcomed. " Make your decisons now, or my guards will make them for you"
she looked out.. and watched the battle progress, IT was clearly in her fleets favor.

The arrival of the planet's own defense forces wasn't entirely unanticipated, but their presence threatened to destroy the plan carefully crafted by the two sides. Once Tirdarius understood that Kisep hadn't intended to be disobedient, he was far more likely to look upon her with a little more respect, but the understanding there had placed their forces in a tenuous position. Fire on the Gravlex Med forces, and any illusion of our being here to protect them evapourates. Fail to stand by our allies and we risk further friction between us...a considerable problem. How to resolve it without alienating either group?

Standing from his command chair, the Sith Lord paced along the command concourse that ran the full length of the bridge, from the sturdy double doors at the entrance to the plasteel observation ports that gave a good view of the space surrounding Gravlex Med and the ships that were currently in orbit. The smaller vessels belonging to the planet were fighting it out with the Remnant ships, hopelessly outmatched and destined for destruction. Truth be told, we could simply sit here and wait until that fight concludes the way that it must. The first question asked of them on the planet's surface, of course, would be simple: "why didn't you assist our forces when we tried to defend ourselves?" What answer could there be to that?

"Open a channel to Admiral Kisep," he commanded, continuing to watch across the viewport. The bridge was capable of relaying a communication regardless of where Tirdarius was standing, silence falling across the chamber as the officers realised that their silence would be required. The Comm Officer nodded at the Sith Lord as the channel opened, then focused on his instruments. "Admiral, I fully intend to ignore your attackers," he remarked, folding his arms across his chest. "Your fleet is sufficient to repel them, and I would rather we not simply throw away our plan in order to present overwhelming force to a handful of ill-equipped ships," he concluded.

And, frankly, if the Remnant couldn't deal with a simple planetary defense force, their usefulness as allies was going to be limited anyway. Still, if the Sith were going to capture the planet intact, it would be better if their entire planetary fleet wasn't reduced to ashes in the process. That will just mean that more of our own resources will be tied up protecting this place in the long run. He'd prefer it if some of those forces remained intact - a signal of trust between the Empire and the Anx, as well as a purely objective decision.

What we need now is the appearance of war without the reality of it. A sacrifice will thus be required, I think, he mused, his eyes glancing out of the observation ports, putting a plan together. "I suggest you send some of your ships to test our blockade. I will move several vessels to assist the defense force retreat from their fight with you. Use the opportunity to push through our lines and begin landing troops on the surface," he instructed the Grand Admiral. We won't get out of this without blood, but it must be made to look good all the same.

He turned away from the ports and faced back down towards the bridge, where the ship's officers waited expectantly for instructions. Now to make this a firefight, he thought. "Order our closest ships to open fire on the most heavily damaged Remnant ship being targeted by the planet's defense fleet," he instructed, knowing that he would be sacrificing it's crew, but suspecting fully well that they would be dead either way. Better that they die serving our mutual purposes than merely because they were caught unawares. "Several Destroyers are to put themselves between the Remnant and the Defense Fleet. Signal the Anx vessels to withdraw before they take any further losses."

The original plan would have lacked the loss of life, but circumstances had moved them past that now. They would have to improvise. "All other fleet ships are to fire on the Remnant vessels at their convenience, but with Ion Cannons only. Disable, but do not destroy. And leave their flagship alone," he ordered curtly. "Starfighters will provide support only." This way we can fight without too many casualties - merely preventing an attack, but firing all the same. Hopefully Kisep would understand what he was doing, but he had to accept the consequences either way. We're in too deep now.

The Sith Lord once more pirouetted back towards the viewports, watching the darkness of space suddenly become bright with blue-white fire projecting from multiple Sith vessels, heading directly towards the Remnant fleet. Things are about to become much more interesting.

Zhaf Passik

Body Guard of the Grand Admiral
As Viera gave her commands for her 'guests' to leave. Zhaf pulled out his sidearm and held it loosely by his side directing people with his left hand. "Let's keep this orderly shall we? Wouldn't want to have to make the cleaning crew busy would we?" His laugh was gravelly as is usual for Clawdites. "The exit is that way. You boy scouts leave after the saber jockeys do, just in case." Zhaf felt he wasn't so much ordering them around, as following the admiral's orders.

He kept his eye on the first apprentice that dared to speak to the Grand Admiral in such a disorderly manner. If this was what the Sith had to offer it was a wonder they were such a large empire.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Upon the ground of Gravlex Med came a thousand thunderous roars. The very planet seemed to quake with the force of the Anx's spaceship launchers. They all fired in unison. A volley not of spaceships, but of hulking durasteel rounds as big as starfighters. They fired upon the gathered Imperial forces, both Sith and Remnant, as the Personal Defense Fleet withdrew out of the way and under the line of fire.

The Anx were not so helpless as they appeared. And the Prime Minister would not sit idly by. He did not trust the promises of the Sith. Did they think him a fool? Oh, they would help him for the moment, but as soon as they were done defeating their rivals they would come for him, and he would be the weaker. With the Remnant now attacked by Sith forces under a barrage of ion fire and no doubt returning fire themselves, the Anx had a perfect opportunity to strike. The Sith would not expect this. Treacherous as they were, they were arrogant and somehow assumed that no one aside from them were capable of betrayal. Their arrogance would be their doom.

The enormous durasteel rounds would tear through the Imperial fleet, already weakened by their infighting. He would not have his planet ransacked by either of the two Imperial forces. They had suffered much throughout the millenia. They would not yield so easily.

Viera was about to begin the dance of subltly with Tidierius, it was going to be fun, pretending to damage each other... to trick the locals,, but then sensors went critical and all was thrown into disarray as the ship rocked as a missle hit it. Damn.. " All ships, ignore the sith, Our former plan is no longer viable, Deploy all landing parties. now, Engineering repair us up the best you can, Relay the order that we gave regarding the PDF fleet since their Admrial died, destroy them with extereme predijce, it seems Gralax wants to play "
She opened up comms with the Sith ships " I am now proceeding to send forces down to take down the mutual threat to both of our fleets, if you wish to still follow the order to shoot me, then fine do so but remember that I am the Grand Admiral and your lives will be significantly shorter should you cause us to lose to this planet"
She looked behind her, to the sith and the first apprentice " If any of you wish to help down in the surface now is the time, we need their shield's down and their guns down,. Feel free to attach your self to a squad or two" She hoped they took her offer she needed them off her vessel. She smiled as her landing craft began to descent, it would be hellon the planet as tanks, men rained down upon the planet, aiming for their mass driver cannons first and fore most, and their shields second.
Viera looked to her fleet, they were heavily damaged, it was not looking good but it looked like they would prevail, as all of her ships deployed their ground troops. " All ships close up and continue to push the PDF, Ignore the Sith ships" she opened up communicaitons with her favorite Sith lord @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Tirdarius
" It seems the locals have other plans, I have begun a invasion and would request we put our farce of a battle to ends, and focus on the idiots with mass driver cannons. and that you relay your previous order to fire upon me. I will of course be up to any other plotting you think would help the situation"
She just hoped her faith in the sith, meant that they would not fire on her, and help her shore up the planet... This was getting ugly.

Fire continued to be exchanged between the capital warships on both sides, blue flashes of light arcing out across the darkness of space to impact against hull and shields, electricity arcing along armour plating as the weapons fire began to take it's toll. The burning hulk of that single unfortunate Remnant vessel that had gotten itself blown near to pieces by combined Sith and Anx fire was visible still, a bright contrast of fiery colour against the calmer tones racing across the gaps between vessels. A perfectly ordered stand-off, devolving into chaos.

Several of the Sith ships had already changed course and moved to place themselves between the Remnant and the Anx forces, many of the latter already in considerable trouble due to the pounding unleashed upon them by the well-trained gunnery crews aboard the Imperial Destroyers. The momentary respite allowed those damaged vessels to turn aside and try to place some distance between the two forces, the Anx clearly understanding that they could not continue their attack without severe losses. Sensible to turn away now, and allow their 'reinforcements' to take the brunt of the fire.

Another sudden burst of fire blossomed into being on the far right side of Tirdarius' peripheral vision, watching the battle from the observation ports to the fore of the bridge. Perhaps an explosion caused by a sudden loss of power, he mused, knowing the volatility of the equipment aboard some of the Sith vessels. There was one explosion, then another, this one larger, as an entire ship was struck by...something, the shields straining against the impact before vanishing into nothingness, the sturdy, powerful vessel suddenly turned into scrap as something collided with it and turned a well-crafted, well-manned weapon of war into a fiery inferno which ripped across the space where the Destroyer had once sat.

Tirdarius felt the deaths as though he had inflicted them himself, the death cries of thousands suddenly apparent through the Force, a physical blow which caused him to stagger slightly, the shock and suddenness of it threatening to tear at his carefully-developed control. He could feel small pockets of light flickering out as lives ended in a torrent of fire and chaos, the structured art of the battle around them collapsing in chaos, with no warning. Where is this coming from?

He looked up and projected his thoughts beyond the mere physical constraints of his body, beyond the ship, out there to the fleet. We're not the only ones taking losses, he noted in wonder, sensing the destruction of Remnant vessels even as some of the Sith vessels took hits. From where? The Sith Lord vaguely heard panicked voices coming from somewhere in the periphery, some directed towards him, others just shouting in alarm and sudden shock. Tirdarius forced himself to focus on the moment, to listen to the words spoken, the thoughts made, the emotions projected with sudden loss of control.

"We're being fired on by the planet, my Lord," the Retribution's Captain informed him in a voice laden with shock, apparently not quite believing it. Nor should she - what kind of an idiot fires on an ally to destroy an enemy? It was ruthless, but utter idiocy: how could the Anx be surprised now if the Sith turned on them as well? You doom yourselves through an act of desperation. "The Anx are using some sort of mass drivers to fire at anything in orbit, Sir," the woman added, swiftly trying to assert some of that self-discipline burned into all high-ranking Imperial officers.

Standing straight, Tirdarius took but a moment to assess the situation, coldly, rage burning through him, his features contorting away from their usual dispassionate mask into an expression that was both sorrowful and yet promising of a terrible vengeance. Someone's going to pay for the lives lost here. He controlled himself with visible effort, forcing away that thought for the moment - he'd indulge it later, when this foolishness had been put to rest.

"Deactivate our gravity well generators and order all forces to withdraw to the edge of the system, away from the range of those weapons," he ordered, giving instructions that would remove the mass gravity shadow from around the planet and allow vessels in proximity to his own to jump to hyperspace, if they needed to. "Cease fire on the Remnant ships and get us moving away from the planet. We'll pretend this is a mistake," he said with deadly emphasis. "Broadcast a request that the Anx cease firing on our fleet until we're well away," Tirdarius added, though he personally doubted that they'd comply. I wouldn't, in their place.

He walked away from the observation platforms, nearly then thrown off his feet as the ship rocked against a grazing impact, the shields barely holding against one of the projectiles fired from the surface. Yes, someone will pay for this. He moved over to his command chair and sat down quickly, his slender hands dancing across the controls and activating a fleet broadcast on a encoded channel, so their communications would not be tapped into by either the Remnant or the Anx.

"All Sith Forces, withdraw from proximity to the planet. Prepare for planetary assault: as pre-arranged, all troops are to wear Imperial Remnant uniforms and deploy using standard Imperial tactics," he instructed, thinking at least to salvage this much of the plan. "On landing, destroy any surface-to-space weapons you find. I want their defenses crippled." He paused for a moment, then clicked the comm again as an afterthought. "Any vessels belonging to the Anx should be considered hostile and boarded or destroyed."

The plan hadn't failed, not yet. Both sides had taken more losses than they had intended, but it was still possible that the Anx would recognise their mistake and accept that the Sith had come as allies to protect them from the Remnant. The overwhelming invasion now preparing to make an assault on their world, all from 'Imperial' troops would no doubt prove that. If the Sith were a little late in sending assistance...well, their ships were too badly damaged to render aid at the moment.

Once this whole mess was over, though, whoever was responsible for the death of so many loyal Imperial citizens would pay with their lives. Tirdarius would see to it personally.

As Kirk's fleet approached @[member="Viera Kisep"]'s, the sensors of his ships picked up the Planetary Defense Force for Gravlex Med. For a second, Kirk was glad that the Anx were taking an appropriate move to stop the invading forces of the Empire. He hoped that it would galvanize the Imperial forces that gathered there - preventing any further conflict among the Imperial forces.

Yet, Kirk got a message from one of @[member="Sven Talith"]'s ships claiming that the Gravlex Med defense force was on the Empire's side. Then, the Planetary Defense Force began to attack Kisep's fleet. Something went wrong somewhere, in Kirk's opinion.

The officers on the bridge looked to Kirk for an order. An attack from Gravlex Med was something described within the rules of engagement for this operation. In the event of such a situation, Kirk would have the liberty to attack whatever planetary defense force there was. In his mind, he viewed Kisep's forces to be just as if they were any other Imperial force - because he, like others in this operation did, knew that she was an Imperial vassal and subject of the Empress.

"Prepare to attack the planetary defense force," ordered Kirk.

Then, @[member="Tirdarius"]'s message made its way to Kirk's ears. Annoyance settled in as the Chiss found the Sith Lord's orders to be just what he wished to inform the other Moffs to look out for - machinations and gambits that needlessly endangered their own lives.

With a quick look of the analysis regarding the planetary defense fleet's composition, Kirk made the same conclusion that several other Moffs made of the Gravlex Med forces - the Imperial forces that had gathered could have annihilated it with ease if everyone worked together. The Empire's superior ground forces could have taken objectives within hours. Further resistance would have been futile - a nuisance but the Anx would have had no means of actually driving the Empire off the world. Plus, Kirk knew that resistance would have been inevitable no matter what method the Empire used to conquer the planet - the desire for sovereignty was extremely strong for most minority subjects of the Empire.

Thus, Kirk refused to fire upon Kisep's fleet- even with ion cannons. Instead, he looked for an opportunity to strike the planetary defense fleet and a good opportunity to contact Tirdarius. He thought it would have been appropriate to inform the Sith Lord the laws the Empress decreed in regards of when it was sanctioned to attack Her Majesty's own subjects.

Yet, with the Anx attacking all Imperial vessels indiscriminately with planetary cannons, Tirdarius quickly rescinded his order to uphold the farcical battle. The ship Kirk was on rumbled as one of the rounds shot from the ground crashed into it. The shields of the Avarice-class Star Destroyer manage to take the brunt of the impact and save the ship from damage, yet continuous strikes would have quickly drained the shields and left Kirk vulnerable. Withdrawal from the planet, as Tirdarius suggested, was wise in Kirk's opinion.

"Retreat from the planet's orbit," commanded Kirk, "All power to shields. We will not be attacking the planetary fleet, yet."

The rest of Tirdarius's order just boggled Kirk's mind. The Chiss glanced out of the viewport toward Kisep's fleet. He saw the Charon-class Star Destroyer she used as her flagship - the very same type of ship that was the Empire's ship of the line. More ships from the Empire's own design complimented her forces - such as Avarice-class and Captivas-class Star Destroyers. Kirk recalled how similar Kisep's uniform was in comparison to his - their troops most likely nearly identical in appearance as well. Their tactics were, due to using the same equipment, practically the same.

Whatever cosmetic differences there were between Kisep's forces and the rest of the Empire, if there was any, was negligible. The Anx would hardly know the difference, and thus Kirk could understand their actions, which defied all Imperial forces. Even if the galaxy at large did not know and even if the rest of Kirk's comrades itself refused to accept it, there was only one Empire at Gravlex Med - with all forces bowing to the same Empress. Kirk understood how Tirdarius's plan could have caused so much chaos - it practically pitted the Empress's own subjects against each other when there was no reason to.

Remembering Lieutenant @[member="Rhace Tarrin"] from the meeting with the Moffs, Kirk turned to one officer on the bridge and said, "Find Lieutenant Tarrin. Tell him that his squad is to take a stealth transport and head to the planet surface. Primary objective: Prevent the Anx from using those mass driver cannons. Turn them against their planetary fleet, if possible. Otherwise, destroy or disable them."

Turning away from the officer, Kirk gazed out of the viewport once more as he finished his order with, "They are to use their standard equipment, along with heavy explosives and demolition kits."

Rhace would have had time to assemble his men and acquire the ship he mentioned before Kirk's ship ventured too far from the planet.

For a moment, Kirk thought upon Tirdarius's orders. The mandate to prepare for planetary assault made the Sith Lord seem as if he wished to keep up the masquerade. Everything else Tirdarius said before that seemed to lead to that conclusion. Yet, the final bit of his order was yet another cause for frustration and confusion.

"Any vessels belonging to the Anx should be considered hostile and boarded or destroyed."

The Chiss chose not to immediately address it - finding it contradictory to the Sith Lord's plan which had not been explicitly abandoned - nor did he receive any of the rest of Tirdarius's comments on the plan. Kirk found it more prudent to focus on his fleet's safety and get Rhace going to quickly stop the planetary cannons.

With his mind free to roam for a few seconds, the seed of a delightfully fun plan, to Kirk at least, planted itself in his head. A smirk stretched across his face as he looked to the weapons officer, then to the helmsman.

"The fleet shall follow Lord Tirdarius's orders in full. Continue withdrawal from the planet through Point Omicron," he declared.

Doing so would have brought Kirk's fleet ever closer @[member="Viera Kisep"]'s. He would have essentially blended in with her forces - since, as stated before, they used the same types of ships. Kirk's fleet would have continued to move away from the planet - following the general direction of Tirdarius's ships.

"As we move from that point toward Lord Tirdarius's," continued Kirk, "Bring the shields down to half power. Spread out - keep sensors on the ground and attempt to avoid cannon fire. Fire the heavy turbolasers at the Anx fleet - prioritize smaller ships with missile and bomber capabilities. Launch out fighters and bombers - half of the fighter squadrons to defend the fleet from hostile starfighters, the rest to escort the bombers in assault on their capital ships."

Thus, Kirk's fleet did as it was told by him. While he did not know that Tirdarius did not contact Kisep, surely the Grand Admiral could have appreciated seeing the Chiss's fighters pour out and attack the Gravlex Med forces. Kirk even thought about attempting to get the other Moffs involved. He sent a message to Sven's fleet, which would have been received by @[member="Uhl Yaghdra"], to help support the withdrawal of both of their fleets while abiding Tirdarius's afterthough of an order to destroy the Anx ships. For a moment, Kirk thought of contacting @[member="Sergio Hammerstein"] as well. Yet, the Moff's displays of racism made Kirk reluctant to make contact - believing that Hammerstein would have likely attempted some manner to undermine Kirk.

Sven Talith

S
Sven watched what was going on in the space around Gravlex, he watched as the Imperial Remnant and the PDF engaged each other and that they fought each other. He watched and took it all in, it came as no surprise when the orders came down to “support” the Imperial Remnant. There would be no Civil War today, that slightly disappointed the Admiral as it would have been convenient for his plans. However this day would still go this way.

For a few seconds the Moff looked over to Uhl, he heard the report from Kirk the Moff quickly giving orders that made sense. The young man nodded to his captain, a silent order to the man to follow Kirks lead. Sven had other business to attend to before the Empire truly took Gravlex Med, a way to cover his tracks from what he had done.

“Uhl. Take command here and follow Kirks orders. If you run into trouble...you can think for yourself.” Sven said with a slight grin. He trusted the Alien to be able to adapt if anything happened, he wasn't a captain for no reason after all. Almost immediately after giving his final order Sven left the safety of the bridge. In only five minutes he had changed and dressed in full combat gear, a Red Helmet covering his face and in his left hand a heavy rifle of some sort.

Quickly the young Moff made his way down towards the hangar where he found himself a small stealth ship. Sven jumped into the ship, and immediately set off for Gravlex Med below.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik felt the two Imperial Knights chasing him, but had no fear. Such men who limited their senses, what power and methods they used to fight, would never beat a true Sith. He continued on, choking and incapacitating crewman as he came by. The Imperial Remnant were still supposed to be their allies, so killing hapless crewman would probably not go over well after this ordeal was complete. As he incapacitated the men, he used the Force to retrieve the pistol of a knocked out man, as well as the pistol of one.

Soon enough however, Valik found himself at a corner. It didn't matter thought, for Valik had found five knives to add to his pistol. The two Imperial Knights cornered him and both ignited their lihtsabers.

"Surrender or else Sith." One of them beckoned as Valik raised his blaster, only after their silver lightsabers were ignited.

"Or else? Or else what? You'll have to be a little clearer, I'm . . ." Valik let it hang for a minute. "Not the smartest Sith you'll ever find." He finished, cementing his words with an almost pitiable sound of doubt, and remorse.

"Or else you die Sith." The other replied at his comment, holding his lightsaber a little tighter at his remark.

"Thanks for clearing that up." Valik said and shot a few blaster bolts at them. They raised their lightsabers in defense, blocking each bolt, but in their act they didn't see or sense Valik use his telekinesis to throw the combat knives like arrows, into the skulls of the Imperial Knights. Such foolish men, not having helmets as a standard in their armor. Valik picked up the bodies, aided by the Force, and drug them into a closet, then stripped one of the men and took his armor and silver lightsaber. It was a tight fit, but Valik would manage. Valik then took the incapacitated bodies he had left in his chase and drug them to the same closet. They would be found eventually, but time was time, no matter how little of it he got.

Now it was time to sabatoge the ship. But how to do it? He couldn't damage any critical systems, as they were still technically his allies, and if he destroyed their capital ship, the Empress would likely have his head. So Valik was left to find a way to sabotage the weapons, and only the weapons. Shouldn't be too difficult Valik mused, and made his way to the powercore.

@[member="Rytek'irk'intrano"] @Spencer Jacobs

Viera sighed the fight was not going well but then of all things the Chiss was helping her, she had never been happier, she sent a short comm " Thank you, very much I am glad for the help" She knew the fact was that she had to get control of her ship and of this fight. She ran her internal sensors and saw the stupid sith was still on board,
" Sanctuary, could I ask you a favor? Could you track down that sith, that ran off onto my ship? I rather not have men running around this ship left to their own devices. I fear he may be up to something my imperial knights will help you if you wish. my sensors say he is currently running amuck and up to no good. " She said as she looked out... She needed to end the battle, The PDF Forcers were falling but they needed to pull back away from the planet, the mass driver cannons were hurting them, the Imperial Remnant began to retreat the direction the Chiss was going, knowing that the best way was to swarm the planet with smaller ship and pull back the larger ones. She smirked as the troops began to land, and the fact was that the Anx couldn't match her strength, Things began to fall. She just hoped it was enough. She was glad the Royal guard had shown up, she needed all she could at this moment... after all it was chaos on her ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom