Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All That's Far From Us [Primeval Dominion of Belkadan]

Objective: Kill poachers of redcrested cougars
Allies: [member="Theseus Reneun"] [member="Boo Chiyo"]

“There are many ways to trick your opponent's mind,” said Perla, smiling. “I can teach you how to mentally dominate a foe and also how to manipulate them using your voice or illusions.” The spellweaver did know telekensis but her strength was in bending nature to her will, taming beasts like the rancor and incantations with would bring storms or raise the dead.

She noticed the animal handlers approaching with the cage. “Scouts have reported a camp site with poachers about three miles from this location. Once we eliminate all of them, we’ll use mind control to coerce a redcrested cougar to go back with us. Ms. Lunelle from AgriCorps would like to return one of these animals to researchers in the main city here on Belkadan to begin a breeding program.”
She wasn’t sure when the blue-skinned youngster would make an appearance. Hopefully, he would catch up with her and Theseus because she was eager to ambush these poachers.

Perla beckoned for her apprentice to follow her through the jungle, where they would slowly and silently walk until they reached the outskirts of the poacher camp.

Objective: Secure the data.
[08/20]

Anja's attention switched from her guard momentarily to the new arrival, the man she was speaking with did not respond to her question; wise enough not to interrupt his Host Lord. The Umbaran's eyes searched the woman for any details worth remembering but found nothing, they seemed normal to the extent that anything could be normal. Situations were complicated, as always, and another person was involved in an already complicated mater.

"Why are we complicating this?" She asked rhetorically, offering no response to the cigarette and lighter sent her way.

The witch was not known for being impatient, but she was taking a chance in trusting her agent. "The rest of my fleet will be arriving shortly, once we've secured the two locations this world will be under our control." She explained the situation more plainly to Khaleel.

"It wouldn't be a wise decision to mislead me."

[member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Allies: [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Perla Pirjo"]

Theseus was quite pleased at this news. As he smiled brightly and kept calm, despite wanting to celebrate his joy. Towards the fact she could teach him many ways to enslave the minds of his foes. Of course Theseus' goal was to learn as many things as he could from his teacher, like commanding storms and nature, as well as gaining influence even over life and death. Though this was a good start in the eyes of Theseus. As Theseus began to follow Perla. Theseus almost seemed to become a shadow as he moved. As he was both well blended and his footsteps were as quiet as that of the wind. Not necessarily perfect though nearly so as where Theseus was most talented in force control techniques which would include the abilities Perla would be teaching him. Though it was the second best skill Theseus had. As he walked along and looked about. Listening and making sure no one was around. Three miles is what his Master said though information became outdated quickly when you're dealing with people who live doing criminal activities. Theseus knew this best as to survive he had to work as a mercenary hijacking supplies for a local Cartel on Nar Shaddaa

Theseus paused and tapped Perla on the shoulder in a cautious manner to catch her attention. As he remained quiet still. He then when he thought he had her attention pointed ahead to a thicket where there appeared to be nothing. Though Theseus smiled a little and pointed to a specific area where some leaves had been tempered with and a trap had been set up. The design was that of a Pit. The unsuspecting creature that walked over the leaves would snag one of several branches that supported the trap, and when they did so, would fall into the pit and be captured until the poachers had a chance to arrive and end the creatures misery, assuming the pit wasn't deep enough, or designed, to do the trick itself. Where there was a trap designed it was a decent chance the creator wasn't too far away.

Objective 2: Secure the Vong Shipyard
Allies: [member="Orkamaat"], [member="Mard Szaks"], [member="Zambrano the Hutt"],

What is it with all of these Vong planets and settlements popping up? There seemed to be many. I was not opposed to it. In fact I wanted it so I could study them. Maybe take a sample or two. Preferably ones that I could use for myself, or forge together so I could create new monstrosities for the SIth, and the Primeval. I wanted to create something that would be the greatest army. Not ran by a Vong bent on destroying all life, but an army led by a religion used for their own endeavors. One I happened to be a part of.

Walking past the 30 troops I had with me, we made our way through the jungle in a double file line. The path being cleared for those who were in front, using vibrosword or other such bladed weapons. Namely my apprentice. Shax was using my old Katana as a weapon to clear out the forest. Storm was a good trusty weapon. However, I had my own. A blade that could only be wielded by myself. And every time I used it, I could feel myself grow darker in the force. Ever since Lexa had left me with her child, I have been having visions of the two of us. Yet they were not my own. I had freed my brother's soul from the Netherworld. Yet he had not manifested himself unto me.

"You are not dark enough brother."

Stopping I turned around to see that nobody else heard the voice. A voice that sounded familiar, yet was different. Dark and possessive. I shook my head and continued on while a group just east of us was also searching for this Vong shipyard. Hopefully it was just the nerves that was causing the voice in my head. My hand ready on my sword, I progressed further into the land.

Objective: Kill pirates.
2/20

Brooke “Token” Waters really disliked pirates. Pirates were the reason her parents were dead. It wasn’t her fault that she couldn’t contain herself when they had come calling and she boiled over in the Force with an unrelenting stream of electricity. She was the storm. This was something she was taught by the Blue Coral Divers. She was the storm, and it wasn’t her fault that she couldn’t be aimed. It seemed that was a running theme in her family, at least on her mother’s side. Being a storm.

She was a siren as much as she was the storm. Walking into the listening post, she was going an opposite way of @Anja Aj’rou and [member="Khaleel Malvern"] and her cousin’s friend [member="Setzi Lunelle"].

She was on a mission, and for anyone that got close to her, there was a definitely electric feel. Sure, Token was the type of girl to use the Fore to subdue people, but when she realized there were pirates abound? It opened something in her. She didn’t know really what she was thinking, but she made her way into the listening post, her mask was off.

No one would be around to remember her face.

Objective K: Save the Shoe
[1/20]

Swamps.

It had to be swamps.

His boots were damp, once pristine genuine leather boots sodden by the horrific moist landscape that surrounded him. Face twisted into a pained grimace as he looked down at his ruined footwear. Kiber Dorn tried to fathom how anybody could enjoy nature, if it were up to him he would have cleared it all out and erected cities of sin and a different variety of filth.

He had been so careful too! Stepping around murky waters to avoid ruining his Benduday best. Alas, it was futile, as his right foot landed perfectly into a small puddle of putrid water.

“Feth!”

The worst was yet to come. Left foot stomped forward in complete petulance, onto what was seemingly damp grass. It was a lie. The foot went deep, water rising from the sodden earth to consume the second boot, but that wasn't all.

Bog.

Feeling the grip of sludge upon his foot Kiber swiftly tried to step forward, in a vain attempt to prevent any further damage to his precious boots.

There was suction.

Upon next step Dorn found that his left foot was wet, and much to his horror when the man looked down he saw his hole-covered sock sinking into grass and reeds. A quick glance behind confirmed his fears, the bog had stolen his shoe.

“FETH!”

Objective: A defend the listening post from invaders
Allies: Fething Pirates
Enemies: [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Token Waters"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

The rumble in his throat made the pirates near him step back a bit, when Kuryr got on one of his moods, he was as likely to strike out at those around him as he was to enemies. He watched the holo display, eyes blazing with anger at the indignity of the action. The gall of these... bugs, to attack Kuryr. The insult, the rage, he would be drinking from skulls tonight. He glanced around the small shuttle, each being being he looked at shrunk back under his critical eye. some of the pirates has been with him for months, others only a few days, but they all understood the rules. You did not attack Kuryr with impunity. Retribution would be swift and vicious, there would be no doubt that Kuryr had arrived. the shuttle slowed as it got closer to the outpost. He gripped the hilt of his sword firmly in his hand. His pistol sat firmly in his waistband. His whip was hanging from his belt, he would use the whip to gather the information he was looking for before he killed all of these invaders.

The shuttle hovered to the ground and the growl that left the large pirate's lips caused everyone around him to clear a path to the door. None wanted to impede his advance, lest they end up being his first victims. Once a battle was underway, there were no friends or enemies, there were bodies, and only when his lust for blood had been sated would he stop. He was hungry today, there would be much blood before he was content

Allies: [member="Theseus Reneun"] [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Clever apprentice, thought Perla. He had located a trap set by one of the poachers. This was a lucky find because either of them could have easily fallen into it. She nodded at him and while didn’t praise him aloud, had a satisfied look on her face that he had been so perceptive.

Just then, the leaves rustled, and then the sound of branches snapped as footsteps came closer. She ducked down behind some nearby jungle brush and motioned for Theseus to do the same. Two poachers came into view, although they were difficult to see because they wore camouflaged fatigues. They were headed toward the trap to check it but noticed that nothing had fallen in.

“Now,” Perla whispered. “Focus on the one on the left. With your mind, penetrate his and influence him to walk into the trap. The temptation will be there to Force push him. But I want you to manipulate his inner most thoughts, not the space around him."

She watched and waited for her apprentice to attempt the mental coercion.

Allies: [member="Perla Pirjo"] [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Theseus did as his mentor requested as he took cover in a quiet yet hasty manner. Making sure it was well suited to hide himself. He glanced at Perla as he supposed she was right. In this instance should Theseus botch things up, there wouldn't be horribly large repercussions, as two poachers wouldn't stand much chance against a well trained sith knight, and an apprentice. Therefore Theseus was going to listen and try his best to influence the poacher on the left's mind. As he reached out with the force.

The hardest part was as his master Perla had stated. Was finding the mind of the individual and not focusing on the space around them. As Theseus kept resisting the urge to make one little simple push and send the man stumbling into the trap. In fact it was a close call as suddenly the man on the left stopped, and Theseus eyes narrowed in frustration as he knew he had brushed against the man with the force, and now he was on the alert. Though Theseus had confidence the fight wasn't lost yet and he was going to let his anger focus him to the task on hand.

The second close call, well again Theseus brushed against the man with the force. Though this time Theseus knew what he was trying to do as he brushed against the man's conscious. Which resulted in him picking up feelings and thoughts. Which caused Theseus to pause and blink. Loosing hold of the man who touched his head as if though getting a headache, and again Theseus became more frustrated as he gritted his teeth. He was about one step away from just jumping out and using the force to smash the two bounty hunters around like rag dolls and face his master's temper afterwards.

So, again Theseus with a bit of past jedi teachings, managed to meditate to calm his thoughts enough to where he could focus his fury. Instead of pulling off some irrational frontal assault against two poachers. That would be abusing the force in a sense. As it was far beyond necessary to do. So, in a final attempt Theseus reached out towards the man's conscious. Before the man could do much more then touch his head. Once in the man's conscious Theseus thought of what he wanted to have the man do. As Theseus' eyes kept firm contact at the man as he casually had the men walk towards the trap, trigger a support and heard the snaps as the man became aware of the situation just in time to fall down the pit. There was a thud... though no screams. Which answered the question of how the pit was designed.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Objective: Breach the listening post, and retrieve data.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Others: [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][08/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Miss.” Khal greeted Setzi with a nod, and then jerked his head to the side - signifying that she was currently interrupting some important conversation and that it would be better if she sticked to the wall for now and didn’t make herself too big of a target. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]She ain’t ready to play dem games yet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“You are confusing misleading with holding back information, miss Aj’rou.” the Underlord would reply smoothly, his expression still quite neutral before going back to the mainframe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]But while he wasn’t in the mood to bend over and take it in the rear for no snotty Host Lord, there were other more important things at play. For example it was Cata’s head that would roll if he didn’t at least [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]attempt[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] to be vocally pleasing to her, he didn’t have a doubt he would be able to get outta here if it turned hostile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Cata ain’t got that option.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“With that being said, you ever heard of the InterGalactic Banking Clan?”[/SIZE]

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Objective: Breach the listening post, and retrieve data.
Others: [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

Setzi definitely picked up what Malvern had put down with a nod of his head. She had been around him enough to know that behind the smooth demeanor, there was an intensity on his face that signified trouble. The huff of his breath, a vocal inflection. Small tells that not everything was going well.

She sat down at one of the consoles and inspected the listening post controls. Fascinated for a moment by the fact that this electronic display was capable of detecting remote life forms, it wasn’t lost on her that it could also be used to intercept and spy on communications across the galaxy.

Setzi then turned her attention to the Umbaran Empress, and with a barely perceptible Force touch, reached out to examine her aura. As she suspected, it was dark and malevolent, akin to what she felt when Malvern used the Sith magic on her to heal her painful lightsaber wound. She quickly retreated and did no more prying, apprehensive of the much taller woman detecting her gentle probing.

The brunette padawan’s ears perked up when Khaleel mentioned the InterGalactic Banking Clan. Just what are you up to now, Khal, she thought?

Objective: Scream really loud.
3/20

When reading Token Waters posts, one would think she was a bit bipolar. And with the Force involved? They really weren’t wrong. While the blonde was all sorts of loving to most people, with others? She could get cold. She manipulated people and used them to her own ends. Was that terrible? The way she did it? Sometimes. It wasn’t only lying to people to get them to bed. It was lying to get information and to help her own causes. Sure, those really revolved around the protection of Bright Star, Laekia and Dathomir, but… well, sometimes she found causes like the Primeval and their anti-pirate raids.

She was all for that.

And getting rid of Mandos. They were smelly. All that sweat in those tin cans? Its why her armor was pretty. It was made from songsteel, and she was really hoping to make an alchemized cloak to go over it. Maybe a witch could do that?

Still, that didn’t matter, what mattered right now? She found some pirates.

“Hello boys.” She said. The bubbly affect her voice normally had was gone. This darker tone was followed up with a high pitched scream, as the Force radiated in a vibration-shockwave out from her, one that would be heard throughout the compound. Well, that was one way to get everyone’s attention.

[member="Setzi Lunelle"]
[member="Khaleel Malvern"]
[member="Kuryr"]
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Objective: Secure the data.
[09/20]

Anja had little understanding of most of the galaxy's organizations, "No." She gave the short answer.

Unaware of the inbound pirates, the Host Lord was more interested in getting straight to the point before retrieving what she came for. "I assume you have an elaboration prepared, anyway." She added onto what she was saying. He didn't seem like someone who'd ask questions; it was likely more rhetorical--his way of getting to the point by building up on series of information until he finally revealed the master plan. It was a tactic used by salesman, a way to pitch your ideas by making them sound way more lucrative than they actually are...
Yet he also seemed like someone who knew exactly what he wanted and why it was valuable. It was that aspect that she could respect, so by giving him the short answer she was essentially telling him to get to the point. Whether or not he did that, well...

[member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Kuryr"] | [member="Token Waters"]

Perla Pirjo said:
“Scouts have reported a camp site with poachers about three miles from this location."
Post 1 of 20
Objective: Go door to door, spreading the word of Sargon
Allies: [member="Perla Pirjo"], [member="Theseus Reneun"]

The sound of laughter, and metal cages clanging shut.

Droid loaders moved crates into and out of shuttles, ready to move the product out for delivery. It was a pretty pathetic set up. Dilapidated structures, mostly pieced together from government purchased aid shelters that had either been stolen from the government aid programs or from the hapless villagers and refugees that they had been intended to provide support for. A group of Klatooinians were cleaning their weapons or preparing traps for the next day.

A brutish game hunter, the pelt of a cougar draped over his shoulders, was sharpening a large, machete-like vibroblade. Sparks flew between the stone and the edge of metal, as the flint was drawn in steady repetition across the steel. The Klatooinian seemed to be paying little attention to what he was doing, or what was happening around him, instead focused on the simple task of sharpening the blade.

A shadow passed over him, blocking the light. At first, the Klatooinian didn't react. Instead, he merely kept on working, expecting that a cloud had passed over the sun.

"Yo!"

At the sound, the Klatooinian lowered the blade in his hands. Turning, the man's mouth fell agape for what he saw.

Perched atop an empty animal crate was a young Pantoran, clad in white. Violet hair stood out from his head, as the amber eyes of the youngling peered down at the man with a guileless smile. "Would you care to hear about the light of Nogras?"

With a bestial snarl, the Klatooinian was on his feet. Rearing back his arm, the sound of electrostaff energy sizzled through the air as the steel began to vibrate. The charged vibroblade arced forward, aimed to cleave the child in two. For his part, the boy just sat there on the crate. The guileless smile never wavering, even as his eyes betrayed some kind of amusement at this game.

Leaping out from behind the boy's small frame, a serpent coiled in the child's lap with blinding speed -- before a maw of fangs, dripping with venom, became the last thing that the man saw.

Peering down at the convulsing form, the Pantoran monk watched the last spasms as the man's body continued to try and struggle. "That's too bad," the youth commented coldly. Holding out his hand, the Amphistaff coiled atop the now dead man's body before leaping up into the boy's waiting grasp. "You'll either find the light, or darkness take you."

The sound of blaster fire broke out. A red bolt sailed just inches from the youngling's head, as the Pantoran neatly flipped down from the crate as the poacher camp was suddenly very interested in the Primeval missionary in their midst.

"Oy, oy! Wait your turn!" the young monk quipped, as a large smile split his face. The Amphistaff slithered up his arm, coiling about his shoulders as the child reached instead for the vibroknucklers on his belt. Wrapping his hands around the fist-blades, the child felt the vibrations in his arms as the Czerka made vibroblades came alive in his grip. "Balagoth's got time for all of you," the boy shouted from behind the crate, as blaster bolts began to tear into the wood and duracrete of the crate, sending dust and splinters in all directions.

An Aqualish with a blaster rifle came around the side of the crate. The Pantoran dropped low as a hastily fired blaster bolt went high and wide. As the boy's fist lanced out for the man's chin, the young monk was set on fire for how very alive he felt. Passion. Emotion. Adrenaline.

A layer of frost dusted the child's form, as the sweat was crystallized and frozen by the sudden cold snap which radiated out from him as he moved with the preternatural grace of a predator. It was the Dark Side of the Force.

He expected that Perla was going to join him at some point. Part of him hoped that she would. He hated evangelizing by himself.

...and part of him hoped that she wouldn't. So that he could have this massacre to himself.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Objective: Breach the listening post, and retrieve data.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Allies: [member="Setzi Lunelle"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Others: [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Kuryr"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][09/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“It used to be [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]the[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] Bank of the Galaxy.” Khal would shortly explain, there was a lot more to it than that, but contrary to Khal’s display before he wasn’t a big fan of huge and elaborate speeches. That was only reserved for moments when he wanted to annoy someone and that moment had already passed with the appearance of his own apprentice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Had to look at least a little bit respectable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“There is a myth that speaks of untold quantities of space stations outside of our galactic disks, once used by the InterGalactic Banking Clan as vaults and such.” the Underlord would finally come to the entire point of it all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“It’s these stations I am interested in, and the ExGal Listening Post has the confirmation that they truly exist and perhaps even where they are.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]So was it just treasures that Khal was interested in? Disappointing? Only for those that didn’t know the rest of the story, of stations turned into elaborate shipyards that could construct ships indefinitely outside of the main disk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Now that was something to [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]kill[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] for.[/SIZE]

Orkamaat

Of all the gods only death does not desire gifts.
[2/20]
Objective 2: Vongity-vong-vong
Allies: [member="Auswyn Nothrael"]

He wasn't given much of a warning, and had he been less skilled in the art of being unseen, the priest might have ended up — ignominously so — as vongspawn chum on some backwater planet. Not that the man himself would care, for he had long come to terms with the inevitable, but it would still be a rather poor conclusion to an existence that spanned millennia.

In the end, however, Orkamaat knew exactly what the small creak of the soil indicated, what the soft gust of hot air meant, and moved out of the way just as deadly, blood-caked claws slashed through the space he'd been occupying just moments before. His feet made no sound as they skated across the fine humus, wiry hand lashing out to grab the attacking beast with surprising strength; the creature tried to fight back, senseless as it was, but the anzat was quicker, dodging under another wild swing of its talons before pinning it against the wall of the grashal and gutting it with a single, decisive swipe of his nails.

He cocked his head to the side, watching with a morbid curiosity as the twitching body slowly slid down into a bloody heap of yorik-coral and black ooze.

Orkamaat lingered only as long as it took for Balagoth to touch the creature, and then the man was off again, his thin frame like a wisp, bleeding into the green shadows flickering across the overgrown room of what used to be a Vong shipyard.

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Objective: Breach the listening post, and retrieve data. Fight pirates.
Others: [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Khaleel Malvern"] [member="Token Waters"] [member="Kuryr"]

Setzi listened a bit mindlessly to the exchange between Malvern and Aj’Rou. She really ought to analyze the situation so she could learn from it, but it was difficult with the distractions of the listening post. How interesting were these devices that would detect…

Suddenly, her thoughts were cut off by the sound of a blood-curdling scream, coming from somewhere outside of the compound. Setzi stood up and her hands moved across the console, flicking on all of the view screens to the security cameras on the exterior of the building.

“I hate to interrupt,” the padawan said in a polite and calm voice, as if she were asking to be excused from the dinner table. “But we’re going to have company very soon,” she said. They could see that hundreds of pirates began streaming around the listening post, tipped off to the Primeval’s presence by the ear-splitting bellow from the blonde witch as well as the numerous guards in such a remote location. Not to mention the massive Taung, flinging around the pirates as if they were rag dolls.

Objective: Siren Power Active
4/20, insert joke of choice.

Pirates.

They were the scum of the galaxy. She knew they were here and that was what prompted this urban-witch to show up. Sure, Token didn’t really fit in in the galaxy. She didn’t fit in among the witches of Dathomir, not all the time. Sometimes she could play the part and look it. She was learning from her Clan, but there was the whole thing of not being able to take the city out of the girl. She had that whole urban style, and that urban attitude. A girl from Coronet. But try as she might, even going back to cities on worlds like Dubrillion or Coruscant, she was out of place.

The primal style and thoughts of the witches got caught in her head.

One thing that didn’t need answers or categorizing was her hatred of pirates. She’d call it hatred, she didn’t care if the Jedi thought it was an evil word. Token wasn’t all that evil. Not when she was being her normal self. On the battlefield? She worked to protect her friends. And yes, the Force sometimes slipped around her.

In the room, she licked her lips, as she watched the people flail. Right before her scream. She closed herself back down from the release of the bellow/resonance blast. And that was when one of the men tried to run.

Stepping out into the hallway, she muttered a spell and her trademark barrier went up. Right in front of the runner.

He hit the wall with a sickening thud. And his life was extinguished.

She was going to find the pirates that came after her family. A debt needed to be repaid.

Objective: Secure the data ; await the pirates!
[1o/20]

"We're fine," she turned her head slightly to the Padawan as she spoke before giving her full attention back to Khal. "Lucrative, then. I can see why you're interested." There was definitely an interest from her as well, especially with how their two motives might end up tying together whether or not they wanted them to. That was the nature of mutual gain; in the end it all came back around and the two sides realize that there's no way they can split completely. There's always strings attached, one way or the other.

The arrival of pirates was news, however. Reinforcements? The guard accompanying Anja readjusted his combat armour before rushing to the entrance in an effort to meet these new foe. If not for the new alloy in his armour he'd likely be dead.

[member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Orkamaat

Of all the gods only death does not desire gifts.
[3/20]
Objective 2: Vong-bong
Not-enemies: [member="Auswyn Nothrael"]
People — younger people — mistakenly presumed the creatures of the Vong to be some kind of abominations, unnatural to the Galaxy they lived in. A laughable mistake, but… understandable, given their youth. He, too, had once been like that; quick to judge, full of brimming, intense emotions that would drive and sway him every which way. An exciting way to live, certainly, but… rash. Dangerous.

Not that being as old as he was made crawling though a vongspawn-infested, destitute shipyard any less perilous, but it at least gave him a different perspective. Less to lose, for example. It didn't much matter to the priest upon which floating sphere of molten stone and greenery his life would be forfeit, or who it was that finally did him in. One could brush with Balagoth only so many times before the touch became less intimidating, less frightening, less… undesireable.

The twin rings of fire that were his eyes — the only thing about him possessed of a semblance of warmth — would turn upon the door before him, the half-translucent, organic lattice shimmering with some distant thunder. Whether it was born of the clouds above or the beasts below, Orkamaat did not know, but knowing wouldn't change a thing, and so the man went on unburdened by his continued ignorance.

With a bony hand, the anzat reached out, calling upon the part of him that was even less of this world than the rest, flesh giving against its incessant push — he had learned to fight it, to a degree, but it was nothing pleasant still — and then the grashal recognized its own ilk, and the veil parted to let him through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom