Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction All Roads Lead to Tython | (NJO / All Jedi)

"Call me senile again and you're sleeping in the engine room."
“Don’t mind the engine room so much. At least it’s warm,” He joked back at Cale. For all the threats his master would send his way, Cale hadn’t had to discipline him since before he’d taken him on as a padawan, and that was years passed at this point.
"Y'know I don't think I've seen you guys around."
“Just not from around here,” Aleks answered. “We’re a bit more prone to traveling the Outer Rim, y’know, neither here nor there.” His statement described much of their adventures, though their recent situation had evolved.

“We’re officially New Jedi Order stock, though. So get used to the faces.” He said with a smile. His face took on an interested expression as Cale asked about Rhys’ potential companions. Ever since he’d met Iris his motivation to make acquaintance with more padawans had skyrocketed.

zam8Bp6.png

"There are these tracks" he stated, after shaking Silas' hand and turning back toward the trail they'd been investigating. "My Master was hoping we could get a read on them; they're still fresh, maybe if we follow them further in we'll have an easier time reading their impressions?"

It was just an idea, of course, the boy didn't really know what he was saying. Who knew how long impressions would linger? Did their freshness even matter at all? Well, either way standing around here wasn't doing anybody any good.

He lightly brought his hands together, clasped at the front, and stretched out his fingers; gaze fell over a blushing Iris, and his lips twitched as he tried to hold back an endearing grin. Instead he turned from the trio and - for perhaps the first time since he'd become a Jedi - he took the initiative to lead them on in their hunt for the Raiders and the villagers they'd taken.

Maybe he was emboldened by her presence. Maybe he wanted to prove himself more competent than the time on Nantoon. Most likely though he just wanted to find the people safe and sound, that was definitely Eliphas' nature.

"Hey, Master," he said, glancing only briefly over his shoulder toward Starlin before focusing back on his surroundings soon after, the last thing they needed was to run into Raiders without realizing it. "What do we, uh, do, if we find them? Raiders, I mean..." Apparently now that they were in the presence of others, his title had become all the more predominant on the boy's tongue.

Drats, he'd still forgotten to have that conversation with him like Nimdok had suggested... Soon. He'd broker the subject soon.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Iris Arani Iris Arani Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Objective: Scene 1
Valery greeted those who entered later with a kind smile but remained mostly quiet while she listened to their reports about Asog and the upcoming mission. It was only the mention of Ilum that she finally spoke up, "I will make sure the Temple is ready to be used as a staging ground for Jedi, if necessary. We have enough supplies but pre-emptively setting up medical facilities and accommodations for Jedi and others who need it might be worth looking into as well."
Her fiery eyes then turned to Dagon, who mentioned something about Denon that she had heard a little about on the news and from Yula. But something quickly caught her attention, and she began to frown.
"Perhaps I know a bit more. I was recently summoned into a meeting about an attack against the people on Polis Massa, which is an asteroid with a small colony in the Southern Systems," she said, her eyes shifting to Dagon again.
"Knights of Ren under the leadership of Kyrel Ren killed everybody in the colony they ran into — not a single survivor has been found thus far. The fear is that more systems will be targeted soon, many of which are difficult to protect with how far out they are and how little communication we typically have with those worlds. I intend to keep a close eye on it but I have a feeling something dark is trying to grow and manifest itself out there."
n0m34qi.png

Last edited:

Rhys Halcyon

R

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Scene II​

New Kaleth, Settlement
Rebuild What Was Lost
Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Aleksandr Stirsea Aleksandr Stirsea Aleksandr Stirsea Aleksandr Stirsea

"You just out here with some other padawans? Your master decide not to come?"

"Uh yeah, Just here with some other padawans. I uh... I don't have a master. Not a permanent one. He died on Coruscant." It still wasn't easy for Rhys to talk about it, his master's death. He hadn't witnessed it, but even then the loss was not easy to take. He was getting better at talking about it. The Consulars kept telling him honesty was an important aspect of the Jedi, and it really did make him feel like a weight had lifted off his chest.

“Just not from around here,” Aleks answered. “We’re a bit more prone to traveling the Outer Rim, y’know, neither here nor there.”

"Man, that sounds really cool. I've spent my entire left cooped up in the Jedi Temple. and The Prosperity is just a temple in space. I wish I could be out there helping people, Like a proper Jedi does."

Fondor_OBJ_d.jpg

Objective III: The Flesh Raider Threat
Lief Lief Iris Arani Iris Arani Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"Have you seen any signs of the raiders before we came? if they are close, they may be already watching us..."

"I've only found the arrow here. Not much else."

Starlin half-listened to the chatter among the Padawans, busy making his own attempt at solving the mystery. His eyes glowed blue as he worked, his vision receding as he looked at the world through the lens of the Force, then peering into the past...

"They killed the men," he said. "The young one was taken... but they carried all the bodies that way..." The blue faded from his eyes, and he smirked grimly. "Probably to eat them."

"What do we, uh, do, if we find them? Raiders, I mean..."

Starlin was already moving in the direction he had seen the Raiders go, gesturing for them to follow—and quickly. "If they attack, which they probably will, defend yourself. If you see that they have a living captive—which hopefully if we hurry, the kid will still be alive—do whatever it takes to save them. Raiders aren't really sentient for the most part, so don't think you have to go in without a weapon and try to reason with them. Treat them like you would any other wild, dangerous animal."

Within a few minutes, they were within sight of the Raiders' settlement. The smell of smoke and the distinct reek of burning flesh reached Starlin's nose. He retrieved a double-bladed lightsaber from his belt. "Good for crowd control," he said, holding up the hilt. He didn't activate it yet. "Finding the kid is the priority. I suggest we divide and conquer. You two go to one end of the camp and create a distraction, while you and I enter through the other and do a rescue."

The two he had indicated were Eli and Iris, while Starlin was to go with Silas. Normally he would've paired himself with his Padawan, but something told him forcing Silas and Iris to work together was a recipe for disaster. Eli and Iris, on the other hand, seemed to get along just fine. A little too well, in fact. Hopefully they wouldn't distract each other while they were supposed to be distracting the cannibal Raiders.

Died on Coruscant, Cale first assured himself that judging by the boy's age, and any measure of common sense, he'd not swung the blade that'd ended Rhys' teacher, then thought bitterly that such a fate was practically a guarantee now. If one became a Jedi, someone you cared about would die when the Sith launched their once-or-twice-a-decade attack on wherever the Jedi had set themselves up. It happened again and again, and no matter how they were crushed, the soldiers of darkness crawled back to do it again. The Ashlan Crusade had the right of it, the time for exceptions was long past.

Of course, Cale then wondered what that would mean for the likes of him.

"Sorry to hear that, didn't mean to uh, open up old wounds." Cale stumbled his way through the apology but found a way through by the time the last word left his lips. Something inside him raged on about the pointlessness of it all, that boys and girls like Rhys and his peers would never sleep soundly, like him, because of monsters, like him. Willing participant or not, he wondered who's sleepless nights he haunted.

Aleks sold their time on the rim like some exciting adventure, and maybe at his age at was. But to Cale it was just a place he'd hid, and spent years on a bed that was too small, on a ship that was too cold, doing things that might've mattered even less than this. He thought how the boy he'd been at Rhys' age would've snickered behind his back about how bitter of a man he'd become, and then of the long road to get there, one that had brought him back here.

"The excitement wears off eventually, but I imagine you'll find that out for yourself. Can't keep the stars from those who want to see them, not when they're a Jedi." He mused with a shrug. He'd been there, in Rhys' shoes, newly armed and eager to get out into the galaxy, nothing could've stopped him.

"Don't let this one get you thinking it's all thrills though, it's hard out there, harder when you're one of the few who don't have bad intentions. Food is shit, your ship is karked up so badly you have to break the bank every month, if you're lucky, and most people don't want you out there." He gave his apprentice a stern look, but he was sure words from the grumpy man who rightly looked like he hadn't slept properly in a decade weren't going to be changing anyone's minds.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Corellian Outfit, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Zaka Zaka Henna Ashina Henna Ashina Inosuke Ashina Inosuke Ashina Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze , Henna Ashina Henna Ashina

Jax stroked his chin with his prosthetic listening intently to what Valery had to say. He was happy to know that the Jedi were finally continuing to put pressure on the Brotherhood. Jax hated waiting, it was time to take action something they've did on Asog but he felt it wasn't enough. "Is the Temple in good enough shape?" Jax asked Valery. "It was barely standing when the Brotherhood and last I checked, they were still making major repairs. We also need to arm the older Padawans and run training drills for the Younglings."

The Jedi Master didn't dare to read the casualty reports for the younglings. All he knew was that it was important to guarantee their safety the next time the Brotherhood attacked. Bastards launch a cowardly assault, but the moment the Jedi bit back they retreated to the far edges of the Core Worlds. As much as Jax was tired of war, the Brotherhood attacked first and were a danger to not only the Galactic Alliance but the galaxy at large. "Then we need to send Jedi to guard the areas surrounding Polis Massa," Jax suggested. "The Brotherhood succeeded on Coruscant because they had sleeper agents in important locations. We need to mark the colonies that are critical to the supply chain and send Jedi to investigate and report back to the council."

What were the Knights of Ren planning? The southern systems weren't that important, if anything they should've attacked a bigger colony like Dantooine. That would really cripple the supply chain in the GA. "Like I said we need to have a Jedi in that southern system ASAP," Jax said. "It doesn't have to be a strike team; it can be one person preferably a Master to find the Knights of Ren."

What Jax really wanted to say was to send him to do the job, but he doubted that Valery or the rest of the council would allow it.

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Objective: Scene 1
When Jax addressed her with a question, she turned to face him and nodded, "Very recently, much of the NJO and many other Jedi came together to help rebuild and resupply the Ilum Temple. I've been overseeing the efforts since and enough progress was made to use it as a staging ground." Valery said before offering a nod of approval.
"Extra training and preparation for the younger Jedi never hurts, so I would certainly stand behind organizing more training sessions." she said before she considered the rest of what he said.
"As for taking action, sending Jedi to nearby systems isn't something we can easily afford — there are simply not enough Jedi to cover everything. Polis Massa is close to Terminus, right at the crossing of two major Hyperspace lanes that pass through significant portions of the Galaxy. There are a lot of inhabited systems in that region, and the Knights of Ren could be anywhere with close access to those Hyperspace lanes." Valery let out a soft sigh and reached for a datapad she put down on the table that detailed some of the early reports.
"As brutal as this attack was, we can't turn a blind eye to other problems over it either. If we are to send Jedi specifically, it should be to respond to something they can directly address. There is already a large effort to look for and help survivors on Polis Massa itself, and I expect more thorough intelligence reports to come in any day now."
"So a chance for our Jedi to act and help in the Southern Systems may come very soon." she said with a nod to Jax.
n0m34qi.png

"Weapons in the hands of children won't make them any safer- only a fool would believe false confidence a shield." Henna spoke up, a flicker of irritation momentarily interrupting the smooth mask often reserved for politics. "The current lesson plans have plenty of training in place. You cannot hurry the roots delving into the planet, nor force the flower to bloom faster. The simple fact of the matter is the young ones need time. Relocation of any unblooded staying on Prosperity or within the northern systems should be considered."

Tension stayed in her shoulders with the suggestion. The weight of the sacking still fell upon them, but the memory of the student she had lost drove her words. There was no true sanctuary in a galaxy at war, but their holy world had two vigilant guardians standing shield against the tides of darkness. She hoped her faith in that wouldn't prove prideful folly.

"I would gladly host and make the arrangements." A small pause before she moved to the next topic, allowing her peers to digest her proposal. "I must agree with Master Noble. Fighting a war on two fronts is one of the factors that allowed the Brotherhood to grow into the monstrous being that we know today."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

ALL ROADS LEAD TO TYTHON
NEW KALETH

TAGS: Aleksandr Stirsea Aleksandr Stirsea | Rhys Halcyon | Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson

kwzlsmL.png

His arrival on New Kaleth was absent fanfare, even if the newfound role as someone's Padawan made him feel far better than these last few months; torment, shame, and a miserable knot consumed him beforehand. Now, less so than before even as all the sickness came back if ever dared to be so foolish as to think on it. It was difficult, the idea to mourn and move on. But he needed to, there was no alternative. Still, accidental actions had came to be, a withdrawn sense of self once it came to his new Master. He buried himself, afraid to lose another and become another aimless child in the Jedi Order.

He could never become more if that was the case, surely.

In the distance, Corin had seen an older man and two boys of a similar age to himself. It hadn't taken much to deduce he was either a master, or their master. In any case, he knew what best to do on this mission. More so than himself.

"Hello," he waved, almost sheepishly. "I was told to come and lend a hand, I assume you can tell me how exactly?"

He glanced, briefly, towards the other two and smiled ever so slightly.

"Underestimate the Knights of Ren at your peril."

Although his words rang clearly, when Master San Tekka finally appeared he seemed pale and haggard. While the Jedi bore no physical scars from the Asog mission his duel with Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis had taken a heavy mental toll. He'd been wounded in ways no bacta tank could cure. Still Zark possessed an almost regal authority which could not be extinguished, for it was infused over a lifetime of command.

"I fought their kind at the beginning of the great war," he elaborated, nodding to his fellow Circle councilors in silent acknowledgment, "Kyrel is a fanatic. His hatred of the Jedi religion runs deep, and he likely views our Alliance as a successor state to his old nemesis."

Zark turned to greet the others, his real hand reaching out to clasp an old comrade's while an aurodium prosthesis crossed against the Jedi Master's own back. He wore a white tunic in the classic style, without a robe or plate armor it gave him an almost casual aura.

"Good to see you again, Jax. Master Sarrat, your reputation precedes you. This one must be the Jedi Ashina Bernard's been spending so much time with."

Being surrounded by so many beacons of light soothed him and Zark no longer looked quite so pallid. Not far he could sense the comforting presence of Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder who in so many ways, was his constant source of inner strength. Above all else he surrendered to the tranquil balance of Tython's spirit. Scarred by decades of conflict, her wounds were finally beginning to heal.

"I'm afraid I cannot stay long," Master San Tekka informed the others, "There's a shuttle refueling on the landing pad bound for Ilum. Someone must keep watch while Master Noble and her volunteers help restore the Temple here into a new sanctuary."

Fondor_OBJ_d.jpg

Objective: Take care of the raider threat
Tags: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand / Iris Arani Iris Arani / Lief Lief

"Too many colors? interesting..." he said back to Iris with a tilt of his head. Silas still didn't understand what she meant about the colors she saw, but it was probably wise to enquire on the matter once the raiders had been dealt with.

When he turned to Eliphas and shook his hand he motioned down to a set of tracks that were leading straight ahead, fresh ones too. If that wasn't a clear indication they were on the right track then what was. Yet, it was a telltale sign that danger was only a short walk away "That seems like a good plan Eliphas, but from now on I suggest we keep our wits about us. If these are fresh like you say they are, they will most likely be close by"

It wasn't certain how many of there were, for all they knew the raiders numbers could be in the dozens. As well as that, their firepower was relatively unknown. Although, while Silas was silently examining the tracks Knight Rand explained to them who they had as captive, or in the raiders case their meal. He was impressed to witness such ability being used, a feat only he could dream of achieving one day. Whatever power he used, it certainly seemed to reveal the entire story to him.

Following the knight with urgency, Silas nodded along to the game plan as the raiders camp came into view. It was definitely wise to make sure the kid was safe first, once he was out of the way they'd be able to operate however they pleased. He was slightly relieved that he wasn't with Iris this time. Their interactions had been rocky so far but showed signs of improvement, but it was probably wise that they were separated for now.

"We can create some noise from a distance and draw them out if needs be since the forest will do a good job in delivering the noise to them. And, if they are wise enough they'll separately leave the camp and only keep a few behind for the others to swiftly take care of"

Invincible is merely a word.

"Good to see you again, Jax. Master Sarrat, your reputation precedes you. This one must be the Jedi Ashina Bernard's been spending so much time with."

Inosuke's eye twitched. "You are mistaken," he asserted coldly. "I am Ashina, yes, but not the Ashina in question." No further elaboration would follow, keeping certain implications in obscurity. Any questions his vagueness created would swiftly cease to be his problem once the meeting was concluded. When facing inquiry, Ashina was a brick wall. "As for the Knights of Ren, you beat me to the point." Almost word for word, initially. "We cannot afford to spread ourselves too thin, especially when we're particularly malnourished for information. I do not like standing idle either, Master Thio, but I must advocate for patience. "

"To address Master Thio's other proposal," Inosuke continued, speaking more widely unto the group. "I would agree that there is rectitude in preparedness, though I do not believe expecting the callow to serve as combatants is provident," he contended. Hands retreated behind his back with rapt consideration. "I would second a move to Tython for our young and inexperienced. That being said, an emphasis on training wouldn't hurt along with it, as Thio suggested. However, in this case, I suggest it strictly as a means to prepare them for a worst-case scenario where they have no choice to but to defend themselves. Tython would greatly reduce the risk, but I am afraid we are beyond the point of absolute safety."

Rhys Halcyon

R

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Scene II​

New Kaleth, Settlement
Rebuild What Was Lost

Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson | Aleksandr Stirsea Aleksandr Stirsea | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Another Padawan approached the group as they hefted another piece onto the wall. He was, like Aleks, older than Rhys. The newcomer shared with Rhys the nervous, out of place look. He supposed that extended to most Padawans in the order these days. These were strange and uncertain times.

Rhys let go of the next thing he intended to lift and reached for his water. He might not have needed to flex his actual muscles, or lack their of, but he had to exert his mind for sure. He'd heard there were masters who could lift starships with their minds, all without breaking a sweat. He had a hell of a long way to go before he could lift anything that easy.

"Hey man. We're just working on this wall. Gotta keep those flesh raiders out, right?" Rhys chuckled. He knew the camp was tense about the Flesh Raiders, and he hadn't heard nice things about them. On top of that they hadn't heard from the party going out to hunt them. Rhys would appreciate anything to lighten the mood around New Kaleth, and hoped his fellows would too.

"I'm Rhys, what's your name?"

...Dead?
The man was already dead?
They'd failed then. Empress... They'd failed to save them. His entire expression shattered, and his eyes stared off into the distance unblinking. Then, a shimmer of hope... The child was still alive.
Those eyes steeled. Jaw clenched in determination. There'd be time to mourn later, if there was any chance at all that they could save the kid then they had to try. And lingering here would do no good.
Without a word he split off from his Master and Silas and made his way around the edge of the clearing as they came upon the camp. The air was heavy and it smelled awful, singed flesh and hair laced with the smoke of their campfires. He had to fight with himself to resist thinking about what that smell was, but he knew of course deep down.
Distraction. That was the name of the game. Provide the others with an opening through which they could get back the child and any others who might also be caught up in the camp. Eliphas hadn't exactly gotten a good luck at the Raiders or their cages, but in order to draw them away he wasn't sure he even needed to.
Fueled by a need to save the child from a worse fate, he closed his eyes and felt around in the atmosphere; grasping at the very air itself, he set a wind howling through the trees and with it kicked up a bunch of debris from the ground. Rocks and branches and tree nuts and seeds which had fallen in pods to the underbrush, it whipped and whirled and created quite the clatter just beyond the camp itself.
Surely enough to draw even the attention of semi-sentient minds.

"Uh yeah, Just here with some other padawans. I uh... I don't have a master. Not a permanent one. He died on Coruscant."
Aleksandr had always known that his time as a Jedi was different compared to that of the average padawan, but he had never stopped to consider that it might be better, in some ways. Many of the roaming apprentices he’d come across on New Kaleth were just like Rhys Halcyon here, victims of Sith-initiated tragedies. Remnants that bore the scars of their past on their sleeves.

That could’ve so easily been him. If Cale had been ended by the crimson blade of a Sith, he could only imagine how lost he would be. How alone he would feel.

Something stirred inside of him, an urge nudging him to comfort the less fortunate padawan.

“I’m sorry,” He mustered, placing a soft pressure on Rhys’ shoulder. “About your master. I’m sure he was very important to you.”

"Hello," he waved, almost sheepishly. "I was told to come and lend a hand, I assume you can tell me how exactly?"

He turned at the appearance of another, a somewhat younger padawan, though perhaps just deceptively youthful on the outside. One could only guess at his true age or experience. Many of the Jedi on Tython had seen more than they let on, even the green ones.

“There’s a lot to do, unloading materials, guiding refugees, building up the settlement. If you’re any good with the Force we could use another hand here. This community center ain’t gonna build itself, y’know.”

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Fondor_OBJ_d.jpg

Objective III: The Flesh Raider Threat
Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Lief Lief | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard
Iris_Sig.png

"They're afraid."

Iris crouched beside Eli, her eyes scanning through the colors of the camp. The Flesh Raiders were hungry, simple creatures. But also.. Afraid. It was as if the Dark lingered still around them. She frowned, gripping at the hilt of her lightsaber. Starlin was adamant about not bothering to talk to them, but she could see they had some sentience. But they killed the other people, right? Ate them?

Was it because of how simple they were?

She lifted her blade, keeping the weapon off as she stepped out. The wind pulled their attention, but they'd need something more.

They just stared at her, all eyes now locked on the Padawan. She blinked. Raised a hand.

"Hello?"

War cries were their response. They lifted their primitive weaponry, drawing back bows to let loose arrows as others gathered scrap tipped spears to charge forward. She didn't wait, instead turning on a heel to run. Slower than she normally could, listening to the Force to barely get away from the arrows flying for her. Lure them away, that'd be the right more, yeah? Let the Knight handle rescuing the kid, and maybe she might be able to reach these minds before they had to be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom