Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All I've Ever Known

d1a5vyi-928b0945-2bbb-4aa2-9354-cd62de1dfef6.jpg

The Seat of House Dune, Empress Teta
His homecoming had been one of merriment and jubilation, punctuated with parades and fireworks, a festival of gratitude which lasted nigh on a week at the Seat of House Dune. After the loss of The Atale and her crew, Eliphas Dune had been believed among the dead. Oskar Dune had tried to delay the inevitable burial ceremony at first, holding out hope that his son was somewhere out there among the stars, but as the weeks had passed without a single word he'd succumbed to the pressure of his position. An empty casket had been placed within the family's ancestral tomb, holding only a handful of the boys most prized possessions. The Household had been in mourning ever since.

To see him alive and in the flesh, after his ramshackled ship landed within a hangar accessible only to those with specific codes, had sent his family into unprecedented heights.

Once the initial shock had worn off, and the celebrations came to a close, the boy was expected to give a full report on The Atale's journey and eventual crash. It was safe to say that the Guildmasters of the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild were unhappy to hear of all the twists and turns in what ought to have been a very straight forward venture, and some choice words were said about their late benefactor. Of the crash itself however, Eliphas knew little. His memories had still not returned beyond meeting sweet Yara in the mess hall.

When finally alone with his parents once more, he divulged a little more of his adventures after which. Of the smugglers and the ship, and very loosely of the spirit named Kal Kal though he felt the details of that meeting might have given them a fright. He explained only of the discovery of his sensitivity, and not the nature of the other boy, much to his parents surprise. A Force Sensitive child of their own? They had never presumed to have such in their bloodline, else they might have gotten each child tested in their youth. It was an honour to be sure, one they could not overlook.

And so they had done what any Jedi loving noble in Galactic Alliance space would, they sent for a Jedi Representative to make certain of their son's claims and also test their other two children. Should it be so, then Eliphas Dune would be expected to join the Order if the Jedi gave their blessing for such. It was the only natural progression in the eyes of Oskar Dune. They would do their part for the Galaxy, even if it meant sending away a son.

When the day came that the Jedi would arrive, Oskar Dune and his family positioned themselves outside where an open aired hangar meant specifically for esteemed guests was located. The grounds of their great ancestral home were vast and well manicured, with a multitude of buildings which made it seem like a citystate of its own. Before his adventures out in the Galaxy at large, he'd never realized just how vast it was, just how lucky he was to have been raised in such a home, but now Eliphas knew better. He was fortunate, even if he was preparing to leave his luxuries behind...

By his side was his mother Ruthe, who stood tall alongside her husband. Next to Oskar was his eldest son, Danithel, a proud man of 21 years, and beside him young Annalis two years Eliphas' junior. She seemed much more nervous than her brothers, half hidden behind Dani's arm as they waited on the arrival of a Jedi starship.

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Lief Lief
Plans were finally coming together.
It had not been long ago since Valery gave up the life of a Jedi Shadow in favor of using her experience and combative skills on the frontlines, as a visible leader and source of hope for those around her. But along with this decision, her plan had also involved the encouragement to fellow Jedi to pass on what they've learned to new generations — to be a source of guidance for them. As important as it was to have capable Jedi ready to resist the Maw and other forces of evil, training Padawans to secure a better future was equally vital to the survival of peace and freedom.
This is what led up to Valery traveling through the Galaxy to find Jedi Knights and Masters with great experience, hoping she could convince them to take on the mantle of a teacher. But for this all to work, there had to be willing students as well, ready to take their next step in the journey towards Knighthood.
The Jedi needed Padawans.
So when a call came from Empress Teta about a Force-sensitive son and potential siblings, Valery didn't hesitate for a moment and began her trip to the planet in her X-wing. She was never one to be late, so right as the family stood outside to receive their guest, the black X-wing could be seen coming down through the atmosphere. It gently settled on the landing pad, and out came a woman built like a warrior, strong and confident in her demeanor.
She removed her helmet and allowed her long hair to cascade down behind her before she tossed the helmet back into her ship. Without any weapons on her belt, she walked over to Lief Lief and his family and stopped to offer them a respectful bow of her head.
"Thank you for receiving me here — I'm Master Valery Noble of the New Jedi Order," she said after rising from her bow.
"I'm here to discuss the transfer of your children to the Jedi," she said, addressing the parents but her gaze quickly shifted to the boy whose connection she could already feel.
n0m34qi.png

Oskar Dune was the first of their Family to step forward and pay his respects to the Jedi. He inclined himself into a deep bow, and when he raised back up he settled his eyes upon hers. "We are most honoured to have you here, Master Jedi," he began, his voice smooth and gracious with sincerity. "I am Duke Oskar Dune, and this is my family." His hand gestured over the four others stood alongside him, though the five of them were hardly the only ones in the courtyard. There were a great many servants and individuals of higher stations who kept the estate in order, each of them were stood with their heads remaining bowed.
"Come, I would like to first welcome you into our home before we settle on formalities."
Another gesture accompanied his words, as the Dune Patriarch gestured to the largest of the buildings, circular in shape. A Palace fit for a King, or in this case a Duke. Provided she was willing to follow, he'd turn to lead the way. "My Lady Wife," he said as they ventured, gesturing to a tall woman whose hair was done up and whose countenance was all together very pleasant, "Ruthe." Further gestures were then made in quick succession, "My sons, Danithel and Eliphas, and my daughter Annalis. It is Eliphas who has shown signs of Sensitivity, we are unsure on the others. No doubt a fine Jedi such as yourself can help to find out the truth..."
That was why she was here, after all.
For his part, Eliphas remained tight lipped. This was where his Father shone the most, when there were guests to entertain and his role was prudent, far be it for his second son to interject. He did, however, find his eye traveling to the Jedi every now and then with curiosity. He'd met quite a few Jedi through the stars, most of them youngsters still finding their way. There was a confidence behind this one though, perhaps that was why she held the title of Master...

n0m34qi.png
Valery offered Oskar Dune a warm smile as he introduced himself and showed her mutual respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you and your family," she said with a calm tone of voice before she nodded and accepted the offer to be welcomed into his home. Valery wasn't quite used to vast and beautifully decorated estates like this, so it was rather fascinating to see from up-close. They also seemed very welcoming towards Jedi, which was a nice change of pace from visiting war-torn worlds where people were sometimes less kind.
At his gesture, she then began to follow him while he introduced the others of his family, who were all acknowledged with a respectful dip of her head as well.
"I could certainly feel the presence of your son when I landed," Valery said in response before she blinked, realizing that it may sound strange to them. "What I mean is that I can sense his connection to the Force." she chuckled and briefly eyed Eliphas again, who also looked her way.
"I haven't felt it in his siblings, but I will test to confirm." She said honestly.
Her eyes then shifted to the building again, admiring its beauty for a moment before her eyes finally rested on the man who had been leading the conversation.
"Quite an extraordinary home — much more than I'm used to. I've been looking for a new place to move into with my partner and this world only seems more and more tempting."
n0m34qi.png

That the Jedi could already sense proficiency in his son made the Dune Patriarch smile broadly with pride. House Dune had always been friends to the Jedi, though they'd never fathered any of their own, always willing to assist them where necessary, to provide funds during times of strife, and the like. To welcome a Jedi into their home for the first time in a great many years, and for so joyous an occasion, brought peace and excitement to his heart.
Eliphas, however, could barely even breathe after she'd said what she had. Kal had already confirmed it for him, he knew in his heart of hearts that he was definitely sensitive, but for whatever reason hearing it from an actual Jedi felt... different. His mouth felt dry, and each time he swallowed it was as though his throat was sandpaper. Their leisurely approach to the Palace left him feeling restless and impatient, as though he was being led to his death.
"We are fortunate indeed that our ancestral home was here among the mountains, and not in the central hub," Oskar Dune agreed, glancing around the buildings he'd known throughout the entirety of his life with heartfelt appreciation. "I daresay you might not find the cities quite so agreeable, Master Jedi. Have you visited Empress Teta before?"
They came upon the steps soon enough, and after less than a dozen they reached the grand entrance to the Palace. A wide set of doors towered over them all, pulled open at their approach to reveal an entrance hall studded with opulence and beauty. The floor was a fine, polished stone that was inset here and there with wonderfully detailed mosaics depicting the family crest, and some of their greatest feats throughout history. Pillars held up the lofty ceiling, and grand archways led in several different directions toward various wings of the Palace.
Oskar led them westward, toward a wing dedicated to receiving guests. It held a large dining hall, a grand ballroom, a throne room, and various guest quarters which themselves looked fit to house a King. There was also one of several solars, nooks wherein one could sit for a more intimate setting, often filled with books and plenty of light. When they entered one of those solars, he found a small yet varied luncheon waiting for them.
"Please, have a seat, Master Jedi. Would you like something to drink?" His Lady wife, Ruthe, leaned in to kiss him against his temple before taking her leave. There was much to tend to, and their work could not fully wait for anyone, not even a Jedi. His trio of children remained, for now at least, so that they could be examined. Each took a seat at their father's urging.

n0m34qi.png
"I daresay you might not find the cities quite so agreeable, Master Jedi. Have you visited Empress Teta before?"
Valery blinked but shook her head, "I'm afraid not." she admitted. The woman had been to countless worlds because of her duties as a Jedi, but somehow her path had never taken her here. "I figured it wouldn't all be quite as lovely as your home here, but I hope it's not too terrible out there?" His words had gotten her curious, not just because she was looking for a place to live with her partner, but also because learning about different worlds was part of being a Jedi.
Either way, she followed the man and his family up the staircase and through the entrance of the Palace. Each step she took further inside, she spotted more beautiful decorations that exceeded her wildest imagination. She had seen palaces before and grand buildings made to impress. But there was something about this family home that she admired more than other places.
Perhaps it was just that — the feeling that it was still very much a home despite its size and appearance.
After eventually being guided into a luncheon, Valery gently lowered herself and looked around again until his question drew her gaze back. She offered him a smile and nodded appreciatively, "Some water would be perfect, thank you." She was rather simple when it came to drinks and even food. Careful too, because of her strict diet.
Finally, her eyes rested on the three kids, who likely weren't quite sure what was going to happen next. So to give them a better idea as to what came next, she turned back to their father and continued.
"Before I begin, perhaps I should explain more about how I can test their Force-sensitivity. With your son..." she looked at Eliphas, "...his presence is strong enough to where I can already sense it. With the others, I have two options but I'd like you and their permission before I attempt either one of them." she explained.
"One way to test them is through a blood test. But my preferred method is through meditation where I delve deep into a specific part of their minds. It's not painful, nor will there be side effects. Just the idea of it is unsettling to some. But I can assure you that their privacy is not at risk."
n0m34qi.png

Oskar was caught somewhat off guard by her question, as though such a notion had never even crossed his mind. He shook his head rather swiftly, turning to peer at her as they reached his not so humble abode. "Goodness, no," he retorted, that surprise replaced by an agreeable smile, "Empress Teta is the Jewel of the Core, Master Jedi, even our cities are a beauty to behold. They simply have nothing on the mountains... There is an openness out here that cannot be matched where so many choose to gather."
Soon enough they were all within the solar, seated at the circular table. Two of the three children began to exhibit nerves, with only Dani remaining levelheaded and in full control of his emotions. He was the Heir to this most noble of Houses, he could not buckle under the first sign of pressure. Eliphas, however, could not stop stealing glances at the Jedi. Annalis looked as though she might cry at any moment.
Water was procured swiftly enough, and dishes offered to all from the spread. Eliphas took only a small amount of each, and mostly pushed the food around his plate. He was too distracted to eat. When the Jedi stuck him with her gaze and informed his father that no testing was necessary where he was concerned his ears began to ring. He remained in place dutifully, in fact after that announcement he seemed more willing to eat what was on his plate.
For his part, Oskar considered the options.
"I think it only prudent that they choose for themselves," he declared, peering over his oldest and youngest and measuring their response. His expression softened when he looked upon his only daughter, empathy writhe within him. "It is okay, Lissa," he informed her softly, and for a moment it was as though only the two of them existed within the room, so direct was his attention. "At your own pace."
Danithel looked first to his father and then to Valery. "You may test me with your preferred method, Master Jedi," he decided, head tilting upward somewhat with a sense of duty and pride. There was no way he'd be sent away from Empress Teta regardless of the results, he knew. House Dune needed an heir. As though only just remembering who he was speaking to, he hastily dipped his head into a bow of respect before his father could call him out on any mispercieved slight.

n0m34qi.png
Valery seemed rather relieved at the revelation that she had likely misunderstood him earlier — Empress Teta had seemed like a beautiful world to her so she was quite happy that it was further confirmed. "I'll have to keep the planet in mind, then. Especially the mountains seem lovely. Thank you." She offered her gratitude in the form of a smile and made a mental note to bring it up to Kahlil later.
Then only moments after she had asked for water, it was placed in front of her and even some dishes were being offered. Valery blinked, clearly not used to such a thing, and gestured that she wasn't hungry right now. But again, she made sure to show her appreciation for the hospitality that was being shown.
"I think it only prudent that they choose for themselves," the father said, and Valery nodded in agreement while he focused on calming his daughter a little. There was certainly no rush, and Valery wanted them to feel at ease as well.
"Very well. But before I begin, I also want to make it clear that regardless of the outcome, there is always a choice. Some fear that Force-sensitivity means you'll be taken by the Jedi, but I have no interest in bringing someone with me against their will. Being a Jedi is not an easy thing, so you must be committed." She said, her eyes shifting between the three kids for a moment, as it was their choice.
Finally, she turned to Dani, who had shown a rather calm exterior thus far. She then closed her eyes and fell deep into the Force as her mind began to create a pathway to his. To detect Force-sensitivity by accessing a specific part of the brain was something once developed by Luke Skywalker and his sister, and after learning about it, she taught herself this technique.
After a moment where it seemed as if nothing happened, Valery's eyes opened again.
"He's not Force-sensitive, but does possess a very calm mind," she said with a soft smile.
This also meant that Lissa was up now, so while Valery took a sip from her water, her orange eyes began to turn in the direction of the daughter.
n0m34qi.png

With all of the misconceptions out of the way, the process of deducing the sensitivity of the other two Dunes began. True to form Dani remained calm throughout, his mind quiet and focused with just the smallest amount of curiosity as to whether or not it was working. He couldn't feel any changes, the only real indication that she had begun was her closed eyes. All of this culminated in the revelation that he was not, in fact, sensitive.
Annalis let out a small sigh, her breathing shaky though she had calmed herself some in comparison to earlier. She wouldn't be dragged from her home? Nobody would force her down that path? The girl swallowed, and then nodded her head. "Okay" she squeaked, not daring to look at her father lest she buckle and change her mind. "You can do what you did to Dani..." Her brother hadn't seemed discomforted, had barely reacted at all. Hopefully that meant it wouldn't hurt.
All the while Eliphas watched the process with deep fascination. Her methods were quite different from those exhibited by Kal Kal in that the shadow had purposely pushed him to utilize the Force in the form of telepathy. At no point since had he really doubted his sensitivity, yet unease had niggled at his stomach all the same ever since his Father had announced his expectations.
No one would be forced to join the Jedi, Valery had said, but Eliphas knew his duties had changed with her expert confirmation. Oskar Dune expected it of him, and who was he to deny this call to action? He'd glanced at his father once she'd stated it, but the patriarch had been too focused on Dani and Annalis to take note of it. Such was the life of a second son, he supposed, it was nothing new. At least he was a good and kind father in other ways.
"Excuse me, please," he finally muttered out, rising from his seat when the Jedi began to test his sister. All eyes were fixed upon the girl, so he slipped out rather effortlessly and stood on the other side of the door for a moment just processing it all. He'd only just returned home. Only just returned to stability. That was going to change now, wasn't it?

n0m34qi.png
Noticing that the girl was still somewhat nervous, Valery did her best to present a comforting demeanor. She offered a smile and kept her body relaxed and open. When she finally signaled to be ready, Valery nodded and slowly closed her eyes as she again shifted deep into the Force. Another pathway to the brain was established and Valery began to search for a sign of her connection.
But while she worked, her mind picked up on something else as well. As Eliphas stepped out of the room, his emotions became a brief pulse in the Force that echoed from him to the woman who had opened herself to them.
Finally, her eyes opened again and a gentle smile appeared on her face, "You're also not Force-sensitive." she said to the girl, unsure whether it would give her a sense of relief or dread. But it was important to get the facts straight in this case. Valery then looked back at the father and paused a moment — there was clearly something on her mind.
"Would it be okay if I talked to your son for a moment?" She asked, referring to Eliphas and judging by the tone of her voice, it would be rather clear she wished to speak to him alone.
"I believe it may help him."
n0m34qi.png

Funnily enough, though relief was present within the girl's mix of emotions so too was a not so insignificant amount of disappointment. Still that waned as quickly as it appeared, as she realized her life wasn't about to be upended in any way. She smiled, and then all at once began to help herself to the various dishes which made up their lunch. Previously she hadn't eaten so much as a single nibble.
It was only then that Oskar Dune peered upon the empty seat wherein his second born had previously sat. Concern fell over his expression before he could even think to dismiss it, though his attention was pulled back to the Jedi as she asked her question. Apparently she had also noticed his absence.
"Of course," came his quick retort, as he rose up from his seat and gestured to one of the servants present in the room. "Find him," he whispered in the man's ear. Before they could head off to carry out his will, Oskar leaned in and added: "Check the planetarium." Another thought then entered his head.
"Unless of course, Master Jedi, you would prefer to join him there?"
Either way the servant would head out, either with Valery at his side or without.
Surprisingly enough Eliphas was in fact within the planetarium. It had been one of his favourite places to scurry off and hide within since he was a child, though he'd always presumed no one other than his mother knew this detail. Nobody had ever really bothered him there, perhaps understanding his need to be alone. He walked among the projections of countless different stars and systems, spatial anomalies and planets.
In his minds eye he charted several different routes, following the path he'd taken with The Atale and her late crew. There was comfort to be found within it, even as vast as it was. It was nice to be among them again, even if it did serve to remind him of his strange stint in a realm without stars.

n0m34qi.png
It was good to see that the girl felt better once it was over — dealing with nerves right before something that could alter your entire life was not a strange response. Perhaps the only surprising thing was how nobody had really noticed that Eliphas left during the test. She had felt it but his departure had been awfully quiet.
"I'll join him there." Valery said as she watched the interaction between Oskar and his servant.
"He's likely there because it's comforting in some way, so that's where I'll talk to him." She smiled and respectfully dipped her head to Oskar before she turned and followed the servant to the planetarium. As they got closer, she could already feel the young man's presence inside, so she stopped and looked at the servant.
"He's in there — mind if I talk to him alone for a moment?"
Whether they agreed to it or not, Valery then walked into the Planetarium and looked at everything it had to offer. The detail in the projections was quite amazing and as someone who had traveled through much of the Galaxy, she could appreciate it. Her eyes then finally settled on Eliphas as she spotted him within.
"Hey." she said with a tone that hopefully wouldn't startle him.
"This is quite an interesting room. You come here often?" She wanted to ease into the conversation, and make him feel as comfortable as she could. If he wasn't in the mood for it, there wouldn't be any hard feelings. But it was better than putting more pressure on him from the start, if he had been looking for an escape.
n0m34qi.png

The servant seemed more than accommodating. Rather than approach the planetarium, he stepped off to one side where he could still be of service should she require it, but far enough away so as not to overhear anything within. He'd wait as long as it took for the pair to reemerge.
For his part, Eliphas sensed the arrival of another though he did not cease in his observation of the stars. It was a trait he'd always possessed, like something of a sixth sense. It was nigh on impossible to catch him off guard unless he was truly deep in his work, or there were other things at play to disguise another. It seemed as though the Jedi wasn't trying to hide her presence, though. If anything she was hoping not to alarm him.​
She had, of course, succeeded.​
Though the boy's emotions were many and swirling inside, outwardly he was as calm as an undisturbed surface of water. The practiced and perfected Dune countenance. Keep it in, dignity and nobility above all else. Let it out only when you would not besmirch the good name. Whether that was truly enforced by the patriarch or simply a wrongfully perceived expectation could not be deduced. Sometimes pressure was applied unintentionally.​
"Hello," he retorted, after allowing her words to linger in the air for a few moments. He needed to mull a little longer than he realized. Holding back a soft sigh, he turned his head to glance her way. Offered her a kind enough smile. "Less since I grew," he confessed, with the slightest of shrugs, after all his responsibilities had grown with age. "But more since I returned, yes."​
Between all of the celebrations and elation it had held steady. An enclave of his own devising.​
He turned back toward the planet he'd been observing.​
"I apologize for leaving so soon. It was unbecoming of me." A brief pause. The next words were said with the smallest hint of a certainty that he tried to cover up. "Lissa isn't sensitive, is she?"​

n0m34qi.png
"She's not," Valery confirmed, a gentle smile now forming on her face as she joined him to look at the planets on display. "In most cases, if I can't sense a connection like I could with you, they aren't Force-sensitive. But I had to make sure." She then paused a moment, her gaze shifting from the planet to him.
"As for you, I understand why you wanted to step away for a moment."
Valery wasn't a Jedi who focused much of her time on recruiting new Force-sensitives into the order, but many Jedi would come across a situation where they had to at some point. The few times she had to handle the situation, it wasn't uncommon for people to need some time to process it. Especially if they were older.
"It's quite a big change to go through, especially considering..." she looked around again, "All of this. You're leaving behind a lot for a life that's very different in nature. It may not be an easy adjustment, but you'll be among others who have gone through the same thing."
n0m34qi.png

When she stepped up beside him, she'd find him staring at a small dot on that planetary projection. A moon, that's all it really was. An insignificant little moon, filled with some of the most horrific creatures he'd ever laid eyes on. Though he did his best to hide his feelings from plain view, that is keeping them from his expression, a hollowness entered his core. A pain so deep it eclipsed all else.
He shouldn't have sought it out. Shouldn't have looked for that tiny speck against so many more significant realms. But he had.
Her words pulled him free from it some. Confirming his suspicions. He nodded his head. He hadn't known for sure himself, but he got the feeling that was how it was going to turn out. Maybe it was just residual from Valery's immediate confirmation that he was Sensitive. If he was so obvious why wouldn't they be, right?
"Good," he said, with a small nod of his head. If she wasn't Sensitive it meant she could stay here. Safe and tucked away, for as long as she needed. The greater Galaxy was a rough web of conspiracy and hostility, he had discovered. Dear sweet Lissa didn't need to experience any of that.
After a short moment he finally tore his eyes away from the moon, and glanced upon the Jedi as she spoke to his apprehensions. The changes which bubbled and brewed on the horizon. When first he'd left home it was with excitement and the promise of adventure. He'd returned a different boy though, a man in his own right now. This departure would be far more bittersweet.
"It might do me some good," he finally responded, something of a faraway look in his eye. Like he wasn't actually staring at the Jedi herself, but through her. "Thinking about someone else for a change. Instead of myself. Instead of, well, this." Like she had, he spoke to the opulent room around them, and the greater estate at large.
"So is that it? Will they accept me now you've confirmed it?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery watched him as his eyes focused on a particular point in the projection. She followed his gaze there and stared at the moon, but she made no comment about it. He was good at hiding his emotions in his exterior, but a highly empathic Jedi such as herself could feel underlying emotions if they echoed through the Force. It wasn't her place to dig deep, nor to confront him about it.
"It might do me some good," he finally responded, something of a faraway look in his eye. Like he wasn't actually staring at the Jedi herself, but through her. "Thinking about someone else for a change. Instead of myself. Instead of, well, this." Like she had, he spoke to the opulent room around them, and the greater estate at large.
"As difficult as a Jedi's path can be, it's also one of the most rewarding ones. Helping other people in need — making a difference." Valery agreed, a soft smile coming through as her own focus shifted away from the moon, and back to the young man. But as he asked his last question, she paused and tilted her head lightly.
"You'll be accepted as a Jedi as long as you're willing. If so, I'll bring you back with me, and your next step is going to be to find yourself a Master. Training as a Padawan can be lengthy, but it will help you get adjusted to your new path."
She then paused and studied him for a moment, gauging his reaction.
"If you need some time to say farewell to your family for now, please do take it. There is no real rush."
n0m34qi.png

Eliphas wanted to go.
He wanted to do this.
Yet the pressure he felt like he was under to make that call all the same was weighing on him. It was silly, he knew. It made no sense. His decision wasn't going to change if Oskar Dune suddenly up and decided it didn't matter what he did. So why was he having such trouble separating the two?
He listened to what Valery had to say, and then nodded his head in understanding. His choice... That's what it ultimately was. Nobody could force him into it, and realistically nobody would. Not even his Father.
Having already made up his mind, he turned from the projection and faced her instead.
"I am" he stated, "It is what I want."
How much time would he need? Was it better to let the farewells linger, or to simply rip off that bandaid at once? It wasn't goodbye forever, right? In this day and age Jedi weren't so restricted as the once had been. He could come back, one day. Even if only to visit. And in the meantime he'd be learning, growing, doing good...
"Would you take your time with it?" he asked her, with full sincerity, "I'm not sure if I could handle drawing it out."

n0m34qi.png
I am" he stated, "It is what I want."
Valery nodded and offered a smile. She had been somewhat worried that Eliphas was hesitant, or at least conflicted about the whole situation. Whether that was because of what he left behind or about the new future he'd be committing to, she didn't know. But hearing that he was willing from his own words without external pressure made her confident that he had thought it through.
But then a question followed — one that took her by surprise a little. She herself began her Jedi path when she was much younger than he was, and remembers very little about her family or what her life was like before the Jedi. So saying farewell had been a very different experience for her.
"Sometimes if you know what the right decision is, it can still be a difficult one to make. Drawing it out will likely make you feel stressed and uncomfortable for much longer," she said, trying her best to look at things from his perspective.
"It may be better to just go ahead with it. You may not see them for a long time, but it's also likely not a farewell forever. So take this step to move forward with your own life, but there's no reason to forget what you leave behind."
n0m34qi.png

The woman's words echoed his own thoughts, a fact which was oddly comforting despite the subject matter they spoke of. Part of him had worried it was a cold thought, dismissive even, but even if it was it was met with some level of validation.
He nodded.
"Then, do you think I might be able to travel back with you when you're ready to leave?" That might give him mere hours, or if she chose to linger and get a better look at Empress Teta itself, having shown great interest in this marvelous jewel of a world, perhaps a few days. He didn't mind which it ended up as. To have a limit to his departure time was, he felt, necessary. Else his Mother or Lissa might draw it out.
They'd want to draw it out.
"Thank you," he added after a moment of silence, catching her gaze with his. "For seeking me out here. I don't know if I could have found the strength to speak such otherwise."
Speak such... Most of what he'd said was in his mind, to himself. It might not have made immediate sense as a result, for nothing he'd said was taboo or questions unwarranted. Idle time here to process it, away from curious eyes... Yes, a blessing indeed.

n0m34qi.png
"Of course." She said with a warm smile.
"The plan was to travel back after speaking with your father. I'm going to leave exploring the planet for another time — I'd like to bring someone special along for that." she chuckled and even though she was smiling already, the woman seemed to brighten up even more. It was a long time ago that she and her partner had talked about living together, and now they were finally on the hunt for a place to live. They weren't going to be able to afford something as fancy as this, nor would they be able to live in the mountains, but an apartment in the city somewhere should be possible with their budget.
"So if you feel ready, we can be on our way within the hour. Or a few, if you have a lot of family to say farewell to."
Valery then watched him for a moment and tilted her head slightly as he thanked her for meeting him in the planetarium. She didn't think too much of it — she was decent at picking up on the way people were feeling, and simply wanted to help if she was able to.
"I'm glad I was able to help. I never want anybody to feel like we just come to pick you up and leave it at that. Making sure you feel comfortable and confident with your decision is important." she then looked around. "And sometimes a bit of peace and quiet is all that it takes."
Valery then gestured for the door she had passed through,
"If you're ready, let's head back and prepare to get going," she said, a comforting smile resting on her face.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom