Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All in the Game [Red Ravens Dominion of Aduba III]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Location: Aduba III, Spaceport HQ[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Allies: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Ya really need to clarify your question.” the Underlord would finally say, but there was an edge to his voice this time around. It wasn’t that he hadn’t expected her to finally question things, hell he hadn’t been exactly subtle about his activities all together - most of it had been a test, of course, to see if she was cut out and able to do things kind of thing without breaking down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]She had managed to meet and exceed his expectations on it, but that didn’t mean that she was [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]ready[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] for the entirety of his operations. For all that he did and was planning to do, few people were really. It was why Kana to this day didn’t know exactly what he did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Cause I ain’t sure what exactly ya wanna know now.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]And that was the thing, it was too vague a question. She knew him for a while now and would know that he wouldn’t give her any answers until she had the balls to come out and say exactly what she was thinking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Only then would she get a reward.[/SIZE]

Objective: Running from pirates, saving money by not having an apprentice
2/20

You see, the thing with Coren Starchaser, is he knew where he was in the galaxy. He knew who he was. Sometimes he was a smuggler, sometimes he helped a crime lord, but mostly? He was here to bring freedom and chaos to the galaxy. This is what happens when you take a man’s interest away. He starts to do everything he can to take down not only the man involved, but the whole damned team involved.

The One Sith, the Techno Union and the Primeval. They were all going down.

Was this just because of Spark? Well, that ignited this hate-fire, but the One Sith were on the edge, they needed to be taken down a notch. Their rush of the galaxy… the destruction of Corellia (which he needed to see if the Underground did have anyone who could propaganda that…), taking of Csilla and Spark Finn…

Yeah, btu right now? Evason tactics. He flew close to the station, just enough to have a missile hit that and not him. Right, sorry about that.

Some Warden of the Sky he was.

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Allies: [member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]

That he wasn't outright dismissing her was a good sign, but she suspected he was playing coy with her by asking for more details. That he knew exactly what she was on about.

The droid came back with their stimcafs, and Setzi set Malvern's on a low table in front of the couches where they sat. The brunette padawan took her own and wrapped her pale hands around the cup. His tone was not unexpected but for some reason, she didn't relish dealing with the stoic and frigid Khal today. Perhaps it was because she knew at some point during this trip she would reunite with her parents and that made her feel vulnerable. At least she wanted to pay them a visit. She hadn't voiced this to Malvern yet.

Heavy sigh and then she began: "First of all, your contacts for one are not what I would refer to as upstanding galaxians. Second, our assignments consist of either breaking and entering or stealing something of value." She raised her voice slightly, frustration creeping into the edges of her tone. "I see what goes on, Khal."

"You know as well as I do this is not the Jedi Way. It's not just about the Force, it's about… your character." The word character was said with some hesitancy as she felt certain that questioning his motives would be a lightning rod topic for Khaleel, and she would likely be struck by a searing bolt of anger in the process.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Allies: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]In fact, it wasn’t a lightning rod topic for Khaleel, at least not anymore. When he had been younger, more hot blooded and a menace to himself and everyone around him, he probably would have exploded at even the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]suggestion that his character wasn’t what he claimed it was.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] But that was then… and then was right now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]He had come to terms with the fact that he wasn’t a good person, but that didn’t mean he didn’t try to do the best he [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]could[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] in a Galaxy like this one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Try explaining the intricacies of the gray moral ground to her, Kally. I dare ya.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“I haven’t ever claimed to be a Jedi.” the Underlord would remark from his seat, the cigarette resting lazily between his teeth and himself taking a puff every now and again. “And my contacts are the men and women I grew up with on Nar Shaddaa.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]This made him turn his head slightly, those blue eyes looking straight through the facade and into her soul.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Are you speaking ill of my family?”[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] [/SIZE]

Setzi Lunelle

"Are you speaking ill of my family?"

Surprise flashed upon her face, and then her brow furrowed in consternation. "No, no…" Setzi said. "I didn't mean to..." Oh he knew she was an inherently good person at heart! Why would he even think that was trying to insult him or his closest confidants? Was this another diversion to get her off topic?

"This has nothing to do with your family," she said more firmly. "Let me rephrase."

She searched momentarily for how she wanted to explain it. The padawan set her own stimcaf down on the table alongside of his, and she moved closer to him - her proximity an olive branch to show him she meant no ill will. With her hands also illustrating, she continued:

"This is between you and me. You know my background, and how I was trained at the Arkania Praxeum… it doesn't get any more "Jedi Order" than that. No emotion without peace or peace, love and understanding… feth, I don’t know how it goes." Setzi smirked, her grievances fading as she finally admitted that, at times, her own ideology no longer appealed to her. She met his direct gaze with her large blue eyes again and looked at him with the utmost concern. Still a little frustration in her gaze, but mostly empathy and almost sadness.

"I don't care if you aren't a Jedi," she said, putting her hands back into her lap. "But I do care if you are hurt or suddenly taken away from me… "

She would explain or come to terms with the moral stuff later. But her main concern was out there on the proverbial table. Setzi was beginning to care about Khaleel on a deeper level and wasn't ready to part with him. The fact that she suspected he was a criminal only ratcheted up her concern that he would be jailed, tortured or executed.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Brow furrowed in contemplation, before some kind of… sympathy? softness? gathered up in his expression as he realized what she had just said. It wasn’t often that people… [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]cared[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] about him, they cared about what Khal could do for them, what his organization could do for him or what his connections could do for them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]But being concerned for his well-being? Only a few people did that really.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Almost without thinking Khal reached out, hand patting her leg and shaking his head just a little bit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Ya shouldn’t be worried about me, love.” the Underlord would say. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“I know what I am doing.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]And Khal did know what he was doing, all of it was part of a bigger picture - a picture only he himself had access to, but it was a picture nonetheless. He squeezed her leg softly, trying to impart some small measure of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]confidence[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] and [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]warmth[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] in that gesture, to show her that he cared about her too in a lot of ways.[/SIZE]

Objective: Go to ground, get cover.
3/20
Allies: [member="Khaleel Malvern"]

Fething pirate fethers. Coren rolled his Tiburon as the missile hit the station. Chit.

Right, planet. He could get to ground and get them off his trail. He just needed to make it to the bottom.

Turning his weapons off, closing the S-Foils, he rolled the transport through traffic. He could see the area he needed to get, right where the traffic got thick. He could take the Tiburon off the radar for a second, change her from the Hutt's Jem to the Accord, Republic registered and it would give him time. He knew that the Exchange was working here and he put out a mode-nine, pilot in distress.

He was only hoping anyone had their ears on.

Feth. He hated going to ground. But he had no time to plot an escape.

Setzi Lunelle

Setzi would still worry about Khal. That wouldn't stop. But his response gave her some measure of reassurance. As his hand touched her leg, the padawan also realized she was at the point where her emotions were driving her decisions. She had always been a girl, and now a woman, with a strong moral compass - with the ability to keep the emotion and the decisions separate. Did this limit her aptitude for adventure and to overcome her fears?

Absolutely. That was becoming quite clear to her.

And here she was at a turning point. Did she cast aside some of her old beliefs or stubbornly refuse to change, hoping that by staying true to herself she would continue upon a path which her family had tread upon, her earlier trainers had urged her down? Ultimately, Setzi didn’t want to take the well-worn path. She desperately wanted to find her own way, even if that meant going through groves of thorns and thickets rife with predators. And that meant trusting Khaleel in a way that was foreign to her, mostly out of inexperience.

She nodded at him, and put her hand on top of his hand where it rested on her leg, squeezing it back. “I have faith in you,” she said honestly. Her eyes still showed some doubt so she continued: “I just hope that I won’t let you down… that there won’t be something…,” Setzi was struggling to find the words. Would she falter at what he would be asking her to do? Would she balk at his requests? Maybe. But what she really wanted to tell him, made her feel quite vulnerable so she kept that inside. Instead she said:

“What I'm asking for us trust that there may be things I just cannot do right away. For whatever reason."

Setzi could accept his profession, his philosophy and the training he selflessly had given her. But she knew, she would need to sacrifice something. But what form that would take was unknown.

Henn was all swagger as he was shown into Byrecs office. If there was one thing he'd learned if not quite mastered in his time with Chiasa it was that if you acted like you were utterly in control, people tended to assume that you were. So when he'd let himself in, informed the pretty little thing working the desk that he had an appointment with Mr Laa to figure out how they were going to solve all of Adubas problems with a self-assured grin, he'd been shown right in.

"Who are you?"

Byrec asked suspiciously. The Togruta was dressed sharply enough, but there was just an air of disreputableness about him, something another con man caught on to easily enough.

"I'm the man who's going to solve all your problems."

"A hitman?"

Byrec took a step back, Henn just laughed. The man couldn't be blamed. The Raven entourage downstairs were a rough looking bunch, for all that Henn had cleaned himself up, and there were more than a few people who wanted to see Byrec dead. That tended to happen when a lot of credits were lost on your watch.

"Hardly."

--------------

When Draco commed in it was quickly routed to Chiasa. There were after all standing orders that anything from Draco was a priority and to go directly to her. No surprise then, that staying near comms as she was to monitor what Henn was up to that she replied almost immediately.

"Draco."

Characteristic purr in her voice, or at least, characteristic when speaking with him.

"I hope you don't mind that I commed you.. I am required to stay out of sight on this planet for now, I.. I was hoping to do it in good company."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Allies: [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]
[2/20]

"Of course I didn't mind Mesh'ika. I came here as soon as I could. I thought we could do some sight seeing elsewhere while whatever you have going on is taking place. I doubt you have to be totally focused on whatever operation is going on." I replied over the comm channel. I tried to save most of my affection for in person, when I knew people weren't listening in. There was always that doubt, and that I really wanted some part of my mind and my personality to be a mystery to everyone but her.

"I brought along some stealth fighters and perhaps we could go see the sunset on Aduba IV, maybe get something to eat there, if you were up for a little piloting before hand?" I asked. I had never really seen her fly anything on her own and wasn't sure she was very good at it. Then again I wasn't an Ace Pilot myself. I could fly a ship but I wasn't going to out fly an experienced Pilot, even with the aid of the Force. "Well?" I asked, adding a little warmth to my voice, and reaching out to her through our bond.

"I do not. I am required to be available via comm, this is about all. People largely know what they are doing I'm happy to say."

And she was listening in to make sure Henn didn't get too carried away and got to far off script of course, but she could easily switch that so the feed was being translated into written word and she could track it on her wrist unit in silence.

"I'd love to go flying with you."

Go watch a sunset with her Viyi'ee? Yes please. That was much more fun than sitting in a room alone overseeing an operation that would probably go just fine without her. And honestly she liked flying. Plus if it was with Draco and in ships he'd made it would be safe. Drahr and Starbird taking to the sky, flying for the love of it, and each other. As it should be.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
--------------​

Byrec laughed once, more of a bark than an honest love, face twisted slightly.

"I have a lot of problems to solve."

"Oh I know. We caused most of them."

This early revelation had been discussed and decided upon.

"Excuse me?"

"The Red Ravens. You know my Boss I'm sure."

"The Twi'lek."

"That would be the one."

"She's here?"

"Do you see her? She's decided to extend you an offer. You can hear it or not, as you like. No skin off our nose either way. We already took everything worth taking. Probably better for us if we don't get involved really. Things are really starting to fall apart here aren't they?"

"......Tell me this offer."

[3/20]

The ship I was in was my own personal vessel, carrying two of the Stealth Modified Avenger-class Starfighters for us to use on our excursion. Gently I pulled it alongside the ship Chiasa was currently aboard and docked with it. She preferred to travel on larger vessels while I had always preferred to travel on quieter, stealthier ships to evade large enemy formations, she liked to bring a lot of stuff around her. Once I was aboard most of her security made way for me or pointed me in the right direction to find her alone in the command center she was currently using. Command Center may have been a very strong word for the room with a few monitors in it.

"Chiasa." I said with a smile as the door closed and I walked towards her. By the time I had gotten close enough to reach her I lifted her in my arms, hugging her close and kissing her. "I missed you. I am sorry I was away, things came up that needed to be dealt with, but I am here now." I said, placing her back on the floor. "Why are you here anyway?" I asked, as honestly I kept up with the Ravens about as well as I kept up with the Blob Races. Occasionally I heard things about them, but other than their relationship with her I didn't really care to know more than that. She cared about them, and so if she asked for me to help them I would.

If she had her own way, Chiasa would operate off her own ship. She liked it. It was small, anonymous and hers. People seemed to need her around though. They didn't even actually need her to do anything half the time, she was just required to be there and exist. It seemed to make them feel better. They'd be fine if she took some time for herself however. The time she and Draco could find together likely wasn't as much as either might like, though they did well considering their respective responsibilities. It did however mean she wasn't going to miss out on an opportunity like this when it arose.

Unconsciously her face lit up in a smile as soon as he entered, and when his arms wrapped around her pulling her close and picking her up, tension she didn't even know she carried left her frame. Alone, when she was working, Chiasa though the picture of apparent over-confidence was always on edge, always wary. With Draco she felt safe and free to relax.

"I missed you too, you have nothing to be sorry for, you always come back to me."

She answered, kissing him back. Besides, she was just as guilty if not more of being absent as he was. Plus thus far it had always been him coming to her, him indulging her, him fitting into her schedule. She did not mean for this to be so, it just seemed to be the way it was. She could try and change it in the future though.

"Ah. Spreading influence. Taking over without having to bother with the tiresome details of fighting a war, running a world or stationing troops."

She grinned, rather slyly. She was fairly proud of this particular piece of work, though it belatedly occurred to her that he might not approve.

"When we first came here, we robbed the Planetary Reserve. Now the entire planets economy is crumbling. Famine looms, there is unrest in the street. So we use their own money to bail them out, as well as resources from our other planets to meet their current needs. Suddenly we are owed. It's all rather neat."

Unless she misjudged, and she rarely did, Byrec would accept their help, and he would know he was owned. If his complicity was revealed, the animosity towards him now would pale in comparison. He'd have no choice but to play along. Not that the Ravens ever asked for much or were particularly hard to tolerate overlords. For the most part it was just business as usual.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

[4/20]

My approval of her actions was hardly necessary. She was a free spirit, strong and independent, some of the reasons we had come together like we had. Rarely did her actions bother me at all, and only then to the extent of not wanting to assist in the completion of such a heist. Not that I was exactly an honest businessman, I just wasn't a thief. But I cared for her more than anything, so overlooking the one minuscule aspect of her I disagreed with wasn't an issue. "Well, it is certainly more humane than pressing them into submission, I guess." I offered with a reassuring smile. Theft for the right reasons wasn't so bad anyway.

"Well, are you able to tear yourself away now, or must we wait. I've been looking forward to seeing you again, and I wanted to show you my latest projects a little while spending some time together." I pulled at her lightly and playfully trying to drag her out of the room with me so that we could spend some time in relative privacy out in the galaxy. Sometimes we needed to go out with each other, and for me, this was one of those times.

Objective: Find safety
4/20
Allies: [member="Khaleel Malvern"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

That was not a good sound for the Tiburon to be making. She was an old girl, refurbished, a collectors item, much like the Tachyon Rising, but unlike Coren Starchaser’s signature ship, who he really needed to get out to see, and help break some of the trail up, once he got Spark back, she wasn’t built from the ground up. The Rising was a complete rebuild of a YT-2000, took the right blue prints, and his father and he built that ship. This was a new retcon, but it feels right. They spent the time on one of the ExplorCorps missions or another procuring the product and the blueprints and completely constructing her, and using Jedi connections to make sure she was factory tested.

The Tiburon was leaking. Feth. That was going to complicate things. He knew he was using a Niathal for now, to sneak into and out of Sith Space as he was looking for any trace of [member="Spark Finn"] or [member="Sage Bane"], but losing this vessel? He wasn’t sure he could make it off world with her again. And he didn’t like leaving a ship alone.

He made another call to anyone in the area, Underground, Omega, Exchange, whoever would take his call as he tucked the transport into a landing. She was going to have to go in for repairs. Heavy repairs.

Feth.

Maybe Jared could give her the TLC she needed, he was out there defending the Oswaft Station where his girl was. He needed something to do.

Outskirts: Construct Additional Pylons

While the small urban areas erupted into chaos, a small team of dedicated engineers and security forces made their way across a portion of the planet's desert in a pair of skiffs. The negligible population of the world made it perfect for certain.... activities. For Ross, the activity happened to be the testing of experimental technology. The Skiffs made their way across the the desert silently, the moon glinting off their frames as they did. Wind. Sand.

Ross gave a wide grin from behind his grey bandana, which kept a majority of the sand attempting to enter his mouth from succeeding. Behind him sat a large metal container that contained THE DEVICE, bolted securely to the deck. The team was guaranteed to suffer a horrible grisly fate if the box were to be prematurely opened.

A current of air bumped the skiff.

Ross gave a slight grimace.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Khal shrugged it off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Setzi, I ain’t gonna ask you to run before at least teaching you the basics of walking.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Which was him telling her that he wouldn’t be asking her to do things that he wasn’t sure of that she was ready for it. The Ziost-mission had been a test, to see if she was able to keep her head up in missions that would push her in ways that nothing else had ever did, but it had been simply a way to see if she had it in her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]She proved it to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Ya’ll be fine, I have faith in ya too.” a crooked grin and a wink came after that.[/SIZE]

"Mmmhm, few people die, the costs to us are just about null.."

She didn't mean to talk business in the time they had together, particularly since hers tended to be disreputable, but it was clever. Look at your average planetary takeover. Even assuming the local government was centralized and the people were united enough that conquering one major city would win the day and you didn't get dragged into months of guerrilla fighting, the cost in soldiers pay, gear, ammunition, food, transportation.. Then the aftermath of dealing with wounded, rebuilding, keeping a sullen unwilling populace under control.. No thank you.

It was funny though, part of her had almost expected him to object. To disapprove. To force her to change things. And he didn't. He never did. He honestly just seemed to accept her for who she was. All of her.

"No waiting, I am yours viyi'ee."

Was the reply after a moment of faux resistance to his pretend dragging. Every moment with him was to be cherished, and he did create some quite fun things, so that was an added bonus. Easily and eagerly she followed at his side, her arm wrapping around his.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

--------------------

"Maybe ya noticed the ships in orbit, or maybe not, man like you has a lot to think about I suppose. On top of a lot of firepower,"

A subtle reminder, just in case. The Ravens liked playing subtle games, but they could strike and strike hard when necessary.

"they also have enough food to end your current famine. And the seed and farming supplies you need to get back on track. Courtesy of Raven holdings on Far Pando."

"You have the agricultural supplies as well? The fertilizers and-"

"I'm a city boy Byrec, I can't list you every damn hoozit, but our lads on Far Pando ensure us that yes, we have what you need, right up there in orbit."

"That would.. that would certainly help. It would keep the people from rioting at least."

Setzi Lunelle

With his smirk and wink, Walker reminded Setzi of the day they met on the planet Aduba during a diving trip with the Frontier Corps. That day on the bridge of the ship, the brunette padawan had noticed him, first of all because of his good, rugged looks. But second because of his smoking where there was a sign which forbid this. Despite being wet and sandy, she had marched right up to Malvern and demanded he put his cigarette out. He had just smirked the same exact way. Didn’t listen, do as she advised. Feth, Khaleel didn’t even take coordinates from her for the most part unless they were coming straight from the GPS.

But she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Had she told him that Aduba-3 was her home planet? Setzi was sure at some point she had mentioned it during casual conversation.
“I was wondering if… you would like to come with me while I visit my parents on this trip,” she said. “That is assuming we’ll have time.” She was no longer in the mood for stimcaf as her nerves were now a little frayed. She had just asked Malvern to meet her parents! Surely he would find that extremely awkward and would most likely balk like a desert mule at the thought of it. Perhaps if she enticed him somehow he would come along with her.

With a mischeiveous grin of her own she said, “Their land is really pretty. There’s this one canyon nearby with an amazing view. And it’s very secluded…”

She canted her head at Khal and let the last statement linger between them. Her hand was still covering his and she moved her hand up his arm reassuringly, giving it a softer squeeze.

[5/20]

We walked from the little command center she had been staying at and made our way through her ship and onto mine where the two little stealth fighters sat in the small hangar of the corvette. "Back when I was with the Republic I designed this stealth coating to be used on ships. We tore apart a StealthX to get most of it, and we used a few things like Reflec and a Sensor Mask to go with it. Its not as good as layering a Stygium Cloak on top of this, but it does make it hard for ships to detect, and harder still for starfighters." I was quite proud of the design. Back when ArmaTech wasn't even on the map we had worked hard on the stealth systems and recently we had worked on improving them significantly to make them harder to detect when in use. The hope that our versions of the X-Wing would eclipse the model of antiquity.

I turned away from the starfighters leaning against one and pulling her against me. "Hopefully they will be good enough to give us some privacy. We have about two hours before sunset on the little spot I picked out for us, and I had some food prepared for us in the storage compartments of the fighters. I was thinking we could have a picnic at sunset on Aduba IV before you have to get back to work." I said quietly, gazing into her yellow eyes, burning like fiery suns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom