Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All in the Game [Red Ravens Dominion of Aduba III]

Ever since their quick and ruthless takeover of Nar Shaddaa, the name of the Red Ravens Criminal Syndicate was on many galactic citizens’ lips, especially those of folks in the Outer Rim and Wildspace. Rumor had it that denizens of all the surrounding Hutt space planets were either shaking in their boots or clamoring to join the Red Ravens’ ranks. It was an exciting time to be a Raven. One could even say that the organization was about to embark on a triumphant journey into its golden age.

Aduba III was a world of shadowports and seedy bars, a haven for down and out spacers, and home to many humans, Rodians, Ithorians and Wroonians of criminal persuasion. The Hutt-controlled planet, located in a wedge-shaped section of the galaxy known as The Slice, was the next target for the Red Ravens’ non-stop tour of scuminess and villainy. With the emphasis on planting their criminal roots in Aduba III's fertile ground, Raven teams amassed on the planet and soon would begin a vicious and relentless crime spree. Although some of the them would probably just party.

After claiming Nar Shaddaa, gaining control of an insignificant dirtball such as Aduba III should be easy, right?

OOC Information:

Objective 1: Planetwide crime spree! Let’s do what we do best. Hit banks, start a gambling ring, set up racketeering schemes, hit gang leaders, traffick drugs, take over brothels, anything your criminal heart desires!

Objective 2: Visit Locru's Central Saloon and party with gang leaders and drug lords. Get drunk. Do spice. Get a tramp stamp, or two. No raegrets!

jfDqGHKl.jpg

Objective: Smoke spice for the first time

Tmoxin's head hurt and nausea had plagued her over the last few days. After cutting a speedy swath of destruction and mayhem through Nar Shaddaa and now with Nal Hutta in the Raven's iron sights, the Hapan Officer had been doing nothing but drinking and staying up late, topped off by gambling, dancing and eating terrible food when the sun eventually came up. Tmoxin drew the line at sleeping around but there had been a close call at the Golden Nautolan on Nar Shaddaa where she almost went home with an attractive Echani bounty hunter.

So feeling a little like a mangy womp rat, Tmoxin decided to ease her painful headache by adding one more vice to her repertoire. She wanted to learn how to smoke a hookah pipe like a champion Hutt.

Her rationale took her here: The Hutt populace was so prevalent and all-consuming in this part of the galaxy that their empire would never be toppled and certainly not by the Red Ravens. So if when in Hutt Space, do as the Hutt's do, she thought. She would ease her aching temples with a nice narcotic pain killer and add a diplomatic tool to her arsenal if Hutt diplomacy was a thing.

Objective: Annoy [member="Cryax Bane"]

When it came right down to it, Sayl wasn't entirely sure how she'd wound up on Aduba III, or how she'd meandered her way to the bar where the Ravens - including her older half-brother - were presumably celebrating. Okay, technically it was a saloon, but there were two problems with that. First, she wasn't quite certain what a saloon was, and second, from the looks of things, bar or cantina were just as sufficient monikers. Semantics were never her strong suit, and she eventually gave up on the thought altogether, returning to studying the numerous crowds of criminals that seemed to pack the establishment from wall to wall. Whatever this was about, it must have been important.

Already nursing a headache of her own from the night before, this was just another opportunity for her to forget herself for awhile. And lately, she found herself needing to do that. After the events only weeks earlier, in which she'd woken up in some hell with no idea of where she was and her connection to the Force severed. The only saving grace had been the fact that her twin brother had been there with her. They'd subsequently escaped the area, but even afterwards she hadn't quite been the same. Well, until that unfortunate accident in an alleyway. She still wasn't quite sure what had happened or how the man had died, and had tried her best to forget about it afterwards. Even that had only gone so far.

Somewhere in that muddle of events she'd become tied up with whatever business Cryax had been planning, one thing had led to another, and that was why she currently stood, or rather leaned up against the wall, in some bar on another backwater planet she didn't care enough to remember the name of. It was becoming a recurring event in her life lately, and perhaps one someone with a better moral compass would actively care about. This particular Chiss hybrid wasn't one of those people.

Finally spotting a familiar blue-skinned male through the crowd, she began walking, vaulting over the back of the booth he was seated in to sit next to him. "So, didja miss me?"

Cryax Bane was sitting in a booth in Locru’s Central Saloon, chatting with an infochant named Octavia Dominia, otherwise known as “The Promenade Princess” of Nar Shaddaa. The Chiss crime boss was in the midst of convincing Miss Dominia that she should take on a special assignment for the Red Ravens, spying on one Mr. Khaleel Malvern of the Exchange. Suddenly a familiar shape hopped over the side of the booth and sidled up next to him, giving him a jumpy start. For a moment he looked as if he’d just seen a ghost, and then leaned in for a fierce hug.

“Of course I missed you, you crazy girl,” he said. “I thought you were one of the missing,” He squeezed his half-sister in his lanky arms, as if letting her go would cause her to fall through to the planet’s crust. Drawing back, he gave her shoulder a rough shove, glowing red eyes narrowed. "Where have you been all this time? I was worried sick."

The first thing Sayl noticed about her half-brother was that he appeared genuinely surprised to see her, which wasn't something entirely new. No one really ever expected her to show up, and it was that element of unpredictability she often enjoyed exploiting. What had the capacity to surprise her in return was being shown sincere kindness or caring in its purest form by any inhabitant of the galaxy, least of all those that were family in all respects. Tough love from her twin specifically was nothing new, but it was this attitude that she wasn't sure how to respond to. So she just returned his hug for as long as it lasted, holding him just as tightly as he did her.

Only grinning sheepishly in response to the look she received, and rightly so, she held up a finger. "I was one of the missing. Well, not just me, but Sage was there too, and a few other people. So for most of the time I was probably a bit busy just trying to get back here. Then I was trying to get off of whatever planet I ended up on when I escaped, and finally wound up here." She glanced about the room for a moment. "Even though I'm not exactly sure how I got to here from there." Her grin turned a bit more mischievous, and she pointed at him. "So, what's your excuse? You seemed to miss me an awful lot to just be sitting around and doing nothing about it."

Studying him for a few seconds, she made a spur of the moment decision, something not unusual for her. "And 'crazy girl' has made a decision. You're getting a bit of body art today, whether you like it or not. I'll even get one with you. Moral support and all that." She wasn't sure if he would even begin to consider the idea, let alone follow through with it. But it was always fun to see just how far her schemes were able to get her before someone objected to something. And with Cryax she figured it was only a matter of time.

"I promise it won't hurt. Too much."

I am restin my feet in the Marcan cafe, relaxin after a long hard day of pimpin. I had made pretty good profit, but now it is time to relax. After all, we pimps have it hard. Pimp math is hard. That's why I offer a book for only 30 credits on teaching yourself pimp math. Pimp math is what has gotten me this far, and as the pimp's code demands, I must help to share my success with the less fortunate pimps out there.

I pull out my hookah pipe and stuff some Marcan in, lighting it up and letting the fumes relax my muscles and ease my troubled pimp mind. Recently I had come to enjoy the hookah version of Marcan; the rolled stuff just wasn't doin it for me. Smokin it like this has allowed me to explore the inner reaches of my infinite and all encompassing mind, unearthing the masterful pimp secrets within. However, I am snapped out of my reverie when I see a woman walk in to the cafe.

I recognize from my sources that this is [member="Tmoxin Temi"], one of the higher-ups in the Red Ravens. I have run into the Red Ravens a lot durin my pimptacular adventures, and they don't seem to mind that I have sold a couple of their operatives. Either that or they don't know. Still, I watch with interest. What is a woman such as herself doing in a Marcan cafe? Maybe she is experimenting.

My pimp hunch is confirmed when she settles down next to one of the hookah pipes. She seems to be perplexed by the device, so being a naturally kind and generous pimp, I decide that I will help her out. Of course, I like to have my fun, so I just sit back and watch

Objective: Smoke spice for the first time

The hookah pipe had Tmoxin befuddled. She wasn't sure how the device worked at all. She didn't even know if the Marcan herbs were inside or if someone had to come and fill it. The extent of her knowledge of hookah pipes was that you put the nozzle thingy in your mouth and then puffed on it like a cigar.

"Wow, I can hit a Bantha between the eyes with a blaster, but I can't figure out this contraption," she said to the fellow besides her. Then she laughed nervously, embarrassed at her naiveté. But the human besides her looked very relaxed and experienced with the whole process. A server came over and Tmoxin ordered a rummy tonic wanting something familiar while she tinkered with the hookah pipe.

"Excuse me," she said to the gentleman at the next table. "You seem like an expert at this. Can you help show me how to use the pipe?"

[member="A Pimp Named Magoo"]

Objective: Recruit team, rob bank, hostile (if necessary) takeover of planets brothels. Or just spend the money, whatever.

There was something that appealed to the Twi'leks sense of humour about taking over a bunch of brothels. It was just.. slightly absurd. And if you had a monopoly it could be quite profitable as well. Granted most of them would need some upgrades, and in a few cases a flamethrower. Likely most of them could just be bought out, and she was certainly willing to use some of the Ravens money to do just that, but why not use some of Aduba III's money to take over Aduba III? That was even better! And while a person was multi-tasking, why not take it a step further? Raven intel said there were a few individuals on planet with promise who would fit nicely into her plans.

A man named [member="Glim"] who was known for robberies, and could likely make it big time with a little backing and a team, and another by the name of [member="Lurcano Car'Dann"] who was currently down on his luck, but a Raven informer had fingered him as having potential. They were both young, and might wind up being more trouble than they were worth, but the Twi'lek was a big believer in gathering and having as many assets as possible. After all, if they weren't hers, they might wind up being someone elses in a position to threaten her. That could not be tolerated.

So she waited in a cantina just grungy enough that folks didn't look too closely at the people in it and knew better than to try and listen in on conversations, but not so grungy that she worried about what she was sitting on to see if they would answer her call, that was the first step.

It had been a fairly simple message they would have received. The Ravens have a job for you, and the coordinates of the cantina.

I look up as [member="Tmoxin Temi"] walks over to me. She pretty good lookin, but that ain't my goal at this cafe. My goal is to enjoy some nice Marcan herb through my hookah pipe. She says to me,"You seem like an expert at this. Can you help show me how to use the pipe?" . I start in surprise. Someone who doesn't know how to use a hookah to smoke some Marcan. Oh man, this is somethin I ain't never seen. Well, the pimp's code requires me to share my knowledge, so share my knowledge I will.

"Well, first ya need to have some Marcan in there," I say, sharin' a little bit of mine and puttin it in her bowl. "Then put foil over the little bowl and heat it up until it's glowin. Then, you inhale through the pipe." I demonstrate for her to show her what I mean, starting the herb for her and taking a couple puffs on the pipe.

Objective: Smoke with [member="A Pimp Named Magoo"]

Okay this guy is really an expert at this, thought Tmoxin. He hoovered up the Marcan herb like he was a carpet-cleaning droid working on a bad stain. When he passed her the pipe, she inhaled deeply and then coughed and sputtered. Ugh, it tasted terrible and smelled even worse. Why did anyone think this was fun at all? She took a big swallow of her rummy toxin to get rid of the foul taste.

"I guess it's an acquired taste," she said looking at the helpful man. "What's your name anyway?"

She took another puff of the hookah pipe and then began to feel the effects of the spice. Tmoxin started to feel relaxed and a bit rubbery. She slumped back into her seat and crossed her legs more seductively at her new friend. Suddenly everything in the cafe seemed extremely humorous. She began to giggle.

Wow, now I can see why people smoke this, she thought. She was feeling gooooood. She wanted to take another puff but figured she should take it easy. Her friend was awfully nice and kind to her, but she was on Nal Hutta after all, which was the criminal little sister of Nar Shaddaa.

And suddenly she remembered that she wasn't on Nal Hutta after all. What planet were they on again? She was so high she couldn't think of the name.

Location: CEC XR-95 Luck's Revenge, entering orbit of Aduba III
Allies: [member="Daiya"], [member="Mir Nehrahn"]
Objective: Looking for credits in all the wrong places...

The small boy stood on his knees in the pilot chair of the horseshoe-shaped freighter, hands gliding across the controls in a demonstration of the eerily precise coordination and control which belied the droid brain masked behind the appearance of humanity. Emerging from out of the shadow of an asteroid, the ship sailed across the sea of eternal night to an island on the horizon -- a yellow and green orb, sparkling like a jewel against the vast darkness of space. Barren deserts contrasted with fertile plains, creating a composite image of opposites in the terrain which could be observed from the god's eye view through the canopy of the Corellian ship, as it drifted lazily across the equator of the world.

Reclining back, the child-like automaton folded into the chair so that he was seated cross-legged as he turned away from the flight controls for a moment. A two-tone audible alarm resonated through the internal compartments of the ship for a moment. "Hang tight, we're making planetfall," the droid announced through the ship-wide commlink.

Securing the channel, the boy leaned forward once more as he stretched out his hands and rotated the ship into alignment with the planet's gravity. Ordinarily, human pilot's used the navi-computer to generate an automated flight path for planetary entry. Instead, the boy was making the geometric calculations himself, factoring mass, velocity, inertia, friction and drag as he guided the vessel into a deteriorating orbit with a deceptive ease.

The calculations and planning were quite extensive, but once he had accounted for the necessary variables it was a simple enough task to execute the resulting formula with known values.

Which assumed, of course, that the ship wasn't about to fall apart on him.

Again, that is.

"I hope Tawrro knows what he's doing," the droid mused aloud, pausing from his labors in order to glance over at the person occupying the navigator's chair. It was an unnecessary action, in order for his vocalized speech to be perceived by a hearing, sapient being less than three feet away from him; however, the droid's social programming indicated that eye contact was deemed significant in conversational interactions.

"We used up the last of our credits at that stopover in Baros," the boy added, as his memory supplied the requisite material with which to make the perfunctory small talk. As he turned back to the control, the droid mused, "This job better be worth something, or we won't be able to afford the fuel to take off again."

Glim

G
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Glim was on planet alright, but he wasn't too taken by being disturbed. He knew of the Ravens, and he knew enough about organized crime to know that droppings were just that; droppings. Excrement flowed downhill like the water over a fall. Great torrents of filth surrounded those on the bottom, lapping at their thighs from sheer depth. But... money was money, and when you had no home and no technical identity, money was about all you had.

Money and the clothes on your back, of course. His just so happened to be tailored suits. He knew not how many others had been contacted, only that he had. Of course, he was already garbed to go, plate carrier hidden beneath his suit, jacket opened and unbuttoned in apparent mockery of traditional decorum.

In reality he just couldn't close it over the plate protecting his chest. A blaster pistol was set in his waist, but otherwise he was unarmed for the moment. One didn't just walk into a cantina with a scattergun, after all. Didn't matter where you were. Cantinas were generally regarded as sacred ground. Giving a pat to the shaved temples of his head, he made sure the lengthy black hair atop his head was combed back as he properly enjoyed and adjusted the way his sunshades sat upon his sallow face.

The man was thin, but that was filled out by the tailored suit, making him appear more muscular and toned than he otherwise would have. Glancing around the cantina, he made way towards the orange Twi'lek who appeared to be waiting for someone. Good enough for him.

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
Objective: Investigate source of message

Lurcano walked into the bar rather hesitantly. 'This is a bad idea. The Red Ravens? My parents would be mortified. I could be drinking right now, or karking some whore in a cheap motel. But no, I'm here. This is a bad idea.' Despite his misgivings, Lurcano had come to the bar anyway. It was a shady type, but not the shadiest. His contact had no doubt selected it for that very reason. Strange people discussing matters in a hushed town would not be a new sight in a poodoo hole such as this. He looked at the occupants of a bar, trying to find the person who had contacted him. There. Lurcanos eyes fell upon a rather fetching Twi'lek who was staring at him in a rather odd way. 'I find myself in a win win situation, either this is my contact, or I'm about to introduce myself to someone who I could have some fun with. Let's go then.' Lurcano walked over to the woman, and seated himself lightly. He was naturally cautious, and his hand hovered next to his DL-44 blaster, already half out of its holster. He eyed the Twi'lek up and down, before speaking.

Lurcano Car'dann: "So you're the person that called me. Why?"

Edit: GGNORE sniped by Glim. [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Objective: Crimes, yeeeees, yeees..

Ah good, they'd both decided to show up, and in a relatively timely fashion. This was one of the problems of being in a criminal organization, by nature one worked with criminals who often had very flexible ideas about timeliness and respect, particularly when they weren't actually on your payroll yet. Still, it was a promising start. She cast her eyes over them, youngish, relatively tall, fit, and that was about where the similarities ended.

One, Glim if her sources were correct, the picture of him that had been attached to his dossier had been bad resolution, and he'd been masked was much thinner, but impeccabley dressed and groomed. This appealed to both her own vanity and tendency to like things which were aesthetically appealing, as well as her more practical side that said out of the suit, and with different hair and no sunglasses, this man would be unrecognizable. Unless you happened to be a bright orange tiger striped twi'lek, people tended to remember the accessories, not the person. The other, who must be Lurcano Car'dann was much stockier. He still wasn't built along bodybuilder lines by any means, but when put next to Glim.. There were also the usual Nagai vs Human distinguishers as well of course.

"I am. Or at least, I had the call sent out."

She set a small piece of equipment on the table, and pressed the button, the relatively low noise level from the rest of the cantina dropped away, until it could barely be heard.

"Privacy field."

She added, in case it wasn't obvious. Safe as this cantina appeared to be, she firmly believed in taking as few chances as possible, unless one was playing in the big league and then every now and again you took the biggest chances you could to see if they would pay off. They usually did. The twi'lek, folded her hand sin front of her and smiled at the two before continuing.

"Quite frankly Gentlemen, convenience. You are obviously familiar with the Red Ravens or you'd not have come. We're looking to expand. For now, this means bringing Aduba III to heel. If I have more planets to mind, I need more manpower. You've both come to the attention of some of our.. watchers. So I am extending an invitation, an opportunity, if you like."

"Glim, you've started to make a name for yourself in the robbery world. Rob me a bank."

Here the smile turned a little bit closer to a feral grin.

"And if one is going to rob a bank, it may as well be worth it no? The Aduba Planetary Reserve. It will be you, I and Lurcano. You will have the assets of the Red Ravens at your disposal."

"Assuming you both decide you'd like to play.. Consider this an audition. If I like how you operate, you'll have a position within the Red Ravens if you want it. If not, you walk away with a cut of the take. Or you can leave now. Either way."

The Twi'lek shrugged, a graceful movement that indicated it was largely all the same to her. Aduba would fall one way or the other. This just had the convenient symmetry of destabilizing the current government and providing capitol to continue taking things over. Efficiency was a wonderful thing.

"Chiasa Kritivaas, by the by."

They may have heard of her, they may not have. It depended how much attention they paid to the rest of the criminal world, or how much research they'd done on the Ravens after being messaged.

Glim

G
Glim sat down, and then he heard his favorite words said in the worst manner possible. Rob me a bank. Well, Miss Orange Twi'Lek Who is Only Marginally Shorter Than I.... it isn't that simple. "Right..." He says aloud, sitting down opposite the other individual and folding his hands on the table. Black leather gloves covered his hands. They wouldn't stand out like surgical gloves would.

He saved those for the actual job.

"Now... I'm uh, I'm not saying you're incredibly stupid." He begins in a quiet, nervous voice. "But uh... well, I'm guessing, uh, you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling." The most diplomatic way to call someone unintelligent ever. A planetary reserve? With three people? It was literally not possible. Four wasn't even going to work out. They'd need probably six.

He didn't trust the Nagai in the slightest, and trusted [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] even less; even if he did know her name. Who brought in people for an audition, told them to rob a planetary reserve and then said 'get this done with three people?'

That was asking to get arrested, Red Ravens running around or otherwise. No, no no no. This wasn't going to do.

But... the payday....

One corner of his mouth twitched. "But I'll play along. What do you have on the Reserve?"

[member="Lurcano Car'dann"]

"I am quite pleased to say I was not, I would so hate to be burdened with useless knowledge and the lists of things people have decided are impossible."

Was the pleasant response. She hadn't quite made up her mind about this one yet. Good that he did not think three people should burst into a bank guns blazing, but that he should so quickly assume there was no plan and no forethought?

"As for what we have on the reserves.. Trends, when the most deposits are made and the bank is traditionally at it's highest capacity. Work rosters. Dossiers of employees. Codes for most anything they've coded. Security systems and layout. Currently remote access to their cameras, though they might notice that once any action against them starts.."

"I did mention you would have our assets at your disposal did I not? Droids, remote slicers, the like. Only the three of us on the ground as far as organics go unless you can give me a very good reason why that wouldn't do. Quite frankly if you two get caught it's no great loss to me, and I'll be out in short order, seeing as it's suicide to do anything else. More Ravens at risk without the pull to get themselves out without causing a scene is currently an unacceptable option. Besides, I've always found the more people directly involved the more likely things are to go wrong."

"Use your brain Mr [member="Glim"]. Ask the correct questions."

She wasn't leaving him to do this completely on his own, she merely wanted to see what he'd do when given the reins. So far the answer seemed to be to complain about it being the wrong sort of horse and refuse to mount.

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
Objective: Identify Contact

Lurcano remained quiet while the Twi'lek and the strange looking man argued back and forth. 'Wow. This is some serious shit I'm in. Who would've known this was what was in store from me upon leaving my home world. Now, I'm at a crossroads. Either leave now and go back to my ways of whoring and drinking and hope something will change. Or, play along and see where this takes me.' Lurcano pulled out his knife, and began to fiddle around with it as he thought; all the while the Twi'lek and the man identified as "Glim" argued over semantics and the necessary equipment that might be needed to rob a bank. None of it really mattered to Lurcano. If things went to shit he'd kill them both and get the hell out. 'Is this a good idea? You've killed before but we're not going to be kidding anyone here. We don't enjoy that shit, and we don't enjoy conflict.' Lurcano ran his hand through his unruly hair, still fiddling with his knife. 'Not like I've got any other marketable skills though. I doubt I can find anything else to do on this shit hole of a planet.' After a few more moments Lurcano placed his knife on the table lightly, and cut in before the man called Glim could respond to the Twi'lek.

Lurcano Car'dann: "I don't know about this fellow next to me, but I'm in. Why the fuck not? This planets going to shit anyway, and I can just kill the both of you if things go to shit. I ain't a coward, and I don't think your stupid either. This is obviously some sort of test or entrance exam or whatever the fuck you want to call it. Either we've got what you want and everything goes fine, or we don't and we die while you get out scott free. Well, I'm willing to bet I've got what you want and more, so the only conclusion that I can draw is that the risk is minimal eh? You can bargain with tiny over here, and when he finds his balls I'll be outside."

Lurcano scooted his chair back, picked the knife that he had placed off the table and walked out. He left the cantina and leaned against the wall of it outside. He took a deep breath of fresh air, and checked his gun. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. 'Well, I guess I'm going to be robbing a bank today.'

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] [member="Glim"]

Glim

G
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

The man gave a bit of a scoff. A finger rose to point at the departing Nagai. "That's, uh, that's why I'm asking the questions." His covered gaze followed the departing man. "You don't sit down with a man like that and hear 'rob me a bank' without assuming the only real plan is guns blazing." His tongue flickered out, wetting his thin lips before retracting. "I assume you've a datapad with that information on it?" He asks quietly, since that seemed to be the natural tone of his voice.

Privacy field was a privacy field, but this man seemed paranoid and nervous as all get out. "You won't want remote slicers. They'll get blocked out of the system too quick, the camera access will need to be on site as well for the same reason. There's likely a box in the basement that has the cables you're looking for. I'm sure you can pay off an employee to put a small monitoring box in there. From there, one of us can easily shut down the cameras on the way in.

Loop is doable too, but shut down is likely preferential. They'll know we're breaking in the moment we start to drill the vault door so a minute or so of cameras down do to an unexpected power fluctuation shouldn't raise undue alarm."

There was an exhalation as he tapped his fingers of his right hand against the back of his left. "Let me take a look at the layout and I'll see what I can come up with. Until then, you might want to tell Tall, Pale and Violent out there that asking questions isn't a sign of stupidity. It's a sign of caution. You want caution for a heist this large if you don't want your brains splattered on the inside of a vault."

She shrugged slightly as the Nagai strutted off. It was to be expected really, he was young and untried. Right now he'd been singled out as back-up with the potential to grow into something more useful. If he didn't he'd be one of a number of hot-headed folks good with their weapon of choice the Ravens had to throw at their enemies, and no great loss if he died. That was a criminal organization for you. It was amusing that he thought he could kill her though.

"It's good to have someone who can shoot things loudly in case things do go south."

With the obvious implication that he could be sacrificed as a diversion if necessary. While she had no doubt she could get out of jail almost instantly, she'd prefer not to wind up there to start with.

"Of course."

A datapad was taken out of a handbag and slid across the table. At least it sounded as if he did indeed know what he was doing. This was largely new territory for Chiasa, so while she'd been as thorough as possible, she had likely overlooked things. Of course, that was why she was interested in possibly recruiting him, because he did have skills the Ravens were currently lacking in.

"Hmm, I don't like paying one of their employees. People do so love to be cute, take the credits and then still try to play the hero."

She drummed her fingers absently on the table for a moment.

"I could get our lads to add a new dossier. A temp worker, and one of us could place it and be inside ourselves. Of course access to the basement will likely be restricted, and inserting an employee with that level of access would be noticed. Unless they found a reason to be taken down to the basement..."

Wasn't this a reminder of the old days, when she'd had to do anything that needed doing herself. Perhaps [member="Glim"] would shoot her suggestion down, or suggest [member="Lurcano Car'Dann"], it seemed to her it would be easiest if she did it, flash a bit of cleavage and that was usually that. But then, this wasn't about her coming up with a plan was it? She would hint and provide the means, but at the end of the day, the planning and execution was up to the two men.

"Caution is for those doing the planning, as long as he's the sense not to start shooting or throwing knives around before he's told.."

The Twi'lek shrugged. If your peons got too cautious you'd never get anything done. She did wonder if Lurcano had noticed the two canine droids lurking around the building yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom