Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Alkis" Armor of Adeline Noctua (Darth Keres)

Status
Not open for further replies.

9qYbOCf.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Extreme
    • Blade: Extreme
    • Blunt: Average
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Force Powers (Light Side): Extreme
    • Electrical / Ion: Extreme
    • Heat: None
    • Cold: None
    • Sonic: None
    • Kinetic Passthrough: Average (Only till the Gel is used up)
    • Radiation: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Extremely Potent Defensive Capabilities
  • Claws can siphon blood from a target, feeding its wearer. (Can be shut off at will, fully closing the needle hole.)
  • Extreme resistance to Force Light
  • Sentient Protection
    • Self Repair
    • Can be heard through the Light Side of the Force.
      • Passively Disrupts Light Side Connections
  • Greatly Improves Force Potential
    • Magnifies Force rage
STRENGTHS
  • Aegis -
    • Crafted from alchemically perfected Phrik, the armor is able to withstand even shatter point - as it simply doesn't have any actual 'weakness' in its completely uniform structure. Much like phrik itself, the armor is carefully forged, then manipulated on a very small level to alter any possible imperfections that may exist - leading to one of the toughest materials in the known galaxy, able to defend itself from blasters, slugthrowers, lightsabers, and various other iterations of it.

• Sith'ari -
    • Due to its extremely taxing alchemic process, the armor is able to withstand Force Light - and in turn, protect its wearer of such. Add in its ability to magnify ones dark side potential, repair itself when it is damaged, and its ability to simply make one stronger in the force simply by wearing it; the material itself is an astonishing example of what Sith are truly capable of creating. While wearing the armor, Darth Keres is able to maintain force rage for a longer time without becoming worn down and weak.

• The Screams -
    • Infused with the living energy of Sith and Jedi alike, Darksteel passively gives off emotions that have the potential to harm someone's ability to use the Force if they require 'zen and improve someone's ability who can feed off emotions. While NFU's are incapable of hearing it, and it can be silenced by its wearer at will, the reality is that it is an extremely dangerous thing to even be near when one is a light side focused force wielder.

WEAKNESSES
  • Elemental - (Jin'Jsina plate)
    • Because of its lightweight nature, the density of the material allows for energy like flamethrowers to essentially pass through it due to the widespread nature of it, compared to the pinpoint energy of a blaster. This means both heat and cold can bypass the material with ease - making it extremely dangerous for the wearer to wield on planets that require that protection - from Mustafar to Hoth.

• Shatter - (Jin'Jsina plate)
    • Unable to flex in almost any capacity, heavy blunt or kinetic strikes can still pass through the armor - even if the round or weapon itself won't. This makes the material dangerous to wear when facing heavier slug throwers or even hammer weapons without some sort of kinetic compensation beneath the plates. Power gel, for example, or other materials - else the wearer's insides would be bruised and turned to mush otherwise.

• Kinetic Gel -
    • While the gel may stop a fatal blow and absorb the blunt force, it can only do it once.. If hit in the same spot again she will take damage.

• Defense at a price -
    • Due to the stern nature of the metal and how covered the set really is, it restricts the wearer's ability to preform high skill acrobatics or commit dexterous actions in combat, making the wearer have to take blows very often thanks to this restriction.

DESCRIPTION
Following both her rise to knighthood along with rekindled ambitions thanks to Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren . Adeline sought to adorn armor befitting a conqueror, needing this heavy set of armor to help her desire to remain right on the frontline of combat. Being steadily known as an adept warrior, it is within this hexed plate that the ambitions of a new devourer build, blooming with the intense desire to feast. The heavy plate provides ample defense and helps maintain her stamina during Force Rage, drawbacks are that while within the armor she is far less dexterous and cannot shift into her warform.​

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Hello, I will be handling this today.

Oh where to start, from the top than.

You are massively over stat wise by eight points.
NOthing on chaos is 100 percent immune, best is extreme resistance and even than there is always a chance.
Vague amplification of powers can mean anything from making push a little stronger to sneezing a force storm.
Disruption of others abilities is generally handled by them in their defense.
The weaknesses are not really weaknesses, you have two pertaining to kinetic impact but your resistances for those are high and extreme which doesn't line up as a weakness.
You have cold and heat but very high temperature resistances which again doesn't line up... so three of four weaknesses are just there for show with being unable to shift in the armor a toss away as the armor itself doesn't have a downside.

THis armor could be on par with a superweapon in terms of there being no downside, no way to stop it and just reads like throwing on godmode to frustrate or try and walk over other people. Not in the spirit of cooperative roleplay. I wanted to deny it but it has been suggested to return to the pre-factory. You are going to need to drastically rebalance, rewrite and rethink the submission.

This is fair yes, I will tweak the resistances. The way they are structured at the moment is due to going off the materials and coat used in this submission, same goes for the strengths as well. The augmentation of force ability itself being vague is... Odd I know. But as I stated before the metal used for the plate armor just says that it "Magnifies Dark Side Powers" which is what I put into my own submission here. Considering the metal itself is an approved material I figured it would be fine to keep the already approved description, if it is still an issue I will need to message the creator who gave me permission to use it to figure out more on what that really means. I figured it worked off a trust system, where if you go too over the top with it people are free to ignore you and cut you out of the RP as they should.

The armor itself really is just the approved metal turned into plate that has an approved coat over it, with the well known gel only giving it one block against a strong blunt force. From what I can tell (and I do agree that the kinetic resistance stat does make it confusing) is that since the site bundles both blades and blunt force as kinetic damage it can lead to situations such as this. The answer is that blades and lower end blunt force attacks is something the metal is good at defending against, but due to the metal not bending this means that high end blunt force passes right through. While the armor may not be damaged, the person behind it is. The most obvious solution is some form of padding to absorb the impact a good bit, I figured the gel was a more tame approach since within the submission itself the creator states that the gel will only do its duty once in the spot it was hit, once it is used up it becomes useless against the next targeted blunt force attack.

I think the main issue here that is setting off the stats warning is the addition of just tossing a coat over the plate since I got permission to use it. I did specify that the plate itself has no defense against the elements, while the coat does. But I can understand the confusion, a simple fix is to swap it for something like a thin armorweave cloak.

I will be working on getting the information requested along with tweaking the stats soon

Hello, I will be handling this today.

Oh where to start, from the top than.

You are massively over stat wise by eight points.
NOthing on chaos is 100 percent immune, best is extreme resistance and even than there is always a chance.
Vague amplification of powers can mean anything from making push a little stronger to sneezing a force storm.
Disruption of others abilities is generally handled by them in their defense.
The weaknesses are not really weaknesses, you have two pertaining to kinetic impact but your resistances for those are high and extreme which doesn't line up as a weakness.
You have cold and heat but very high temperature resistances which again doesn't line up... so three of four weaknesses are just there for show with being unable to shift in the armor a toss away as the armor itself doesn't have a downside.

THis armor could be on par with a superweapon in terms of there being no downside, no way to stop it and just reads like throwing on godmode to frustrate or try and walk over other people. Not in the spirit of cooperative roleplay. I wanted to deny it but it has been suggested to return to the pre-factory. You are going to need to drastically rebalance, rewrite and rethink the submission.
Tinkered with resistances, added clarity to the boosted force, removed the cloak from this submission, updated the strengths and weaknesses category.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Image Source: X (Unsure why I got this result)
Source

Immune to Force Light
As I said nothing in the factory is immune (with the rare exception of board event prizes)

Can be heard through the Light Side of the Force.
  • Passively Disrupts Light Side Connections
Definitive language isn't recommended, it should be worded as open as others determine if it will work.

Weaknesses are still highly non-existent. Having flamethrowers able to pass over the armor doesn't sound like a rating of none in terms of fire resistance. You still have two high ratings for kinetic in resistances and have kinetic as two weaknesses which makes it a none weakness. Heavy is just bare minimum for a weakness when this has so many strengths. This is made with alchemy, alchemy is inherently weak to force light and nullification. Yes being able to fortify it against force light is and can be allowed but making it so there is "simple no weaknesses" in a submission won't be accepted by any judge.

Source

As I said nothing in the factory is immune (with the rare exception of board event prizes)

Definitive language isn't recommended, it should be worded as open as others determine if it will work.

Weaknesses are still highly non-existent. Having flamethrowers able to pass over the armor doesn't sound like a rating of none in terms of fire resistance. You still have two high ratings for kinetic in resistances and have kinetic as two weaknesses which makes it a none weakness. Heavy is just bare minimum for a weakness when this has so many strengths. This is made with alchemy, alchemy is inherently weak to force light and nullification. Yes being able to fortify it against force light is and can be allowed but making it so there is "simple no weaknesses" in a submission won't be accepted by any judge.
ty for the source link, as for other things mentioned... The immunity to force light comes directly from the metal used in this submission, if this is an issue then why would the metal be approved even with it directly saying this? As for the Kinetic part I think I know how to fix it by separating blade and blunt.

The definitive language used in this submission also comes from the approved metal, I can edit it of course, but I am curious why these issues were never mentioned to the creator of the metal? And if these are indeed things that would never be accepted by any judge then why is the metal approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom