Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alkahest study hall (open to all willing to learn)

If there existed a way to look MORE lost than the one-eyed Padawan looked in this instance he was not aware of it. People began to clamber around Gherron's table and inspect what he was describing, Aurelion paused, having inadvertently ended up at the back of the group. Aurelion bit his lip, timidly shuffling from foot to foot before simply deciding to go to a table by himself and inspect the equipment and materials there. Not out of some sense of misguided pride in believing he could master the ability himself, quite the contrary, Aurelion simply didn't feel comfortable trying to crowd in among all those people. Considering the fact that it would be all but impossible for him to see due to his size.

So now here he was staring at the components on the table, various alloys, crystals, chips of clear ice, leathers and other such naturally-occurring components one might use to craft and infuse a creation. Aurelion didn't necessarily understand how, obviously, but with a small intake of breathe Aurelion closed his eye and began to feel out the objects in the Force. Not exactly exerting himself as he simply reached out to touch the flow of the Force as it wove among the various objects of nature before him.

Ador’s first lesson with the Silver Jedi and the boy had been late, not fashionably late like most proclaimed to be. No this was truly late in the worst sense of the word but what could one expect from a Corellian that once operated as a smuggler, to say his schedule was off would be an understatement. Black bags sat beneath the padawans eyes, a yawn escaping from between his lips and far more audible than he wished. The yawn announced the Padawans arrival as much as the clack of black boots on the tile floor before the door exploded open the youth leaning forward attempting to catch his breath.

Having run all the way from the hanger to the library had been a trying task without drawing on the force. Upon entering the library the Corellian inwardly scolded himself for overlooking such a simple solution to his problem. He still wasn’t used to relying on the force in his everyday life instead only using it when truly necessary such as on the battlefield.

Standing at an even six feet, Ador glanced around at the tables with the more experienced Jedi coaching and teaching the lessons of Alkahest. In the center there was a table with the most people centered around it, this would be where he’d learn the most, right?

Catching the last sentence of Master Dragonsflame, Ador looked down to the object the man worked over. “Excuse my tardiness Master Dragonsflame.” Bowing respectfully Ador took in the table of tools and assets at use, there was no excuse he could offer the man nor did he wish to disrespect him by doing so. He'd make up for his lateness with attentiveness. “How does one go about imbuing such things? What abilities could one give such an item using these techniques?”

[member="Gherron Dragonsflame"]

What looked like a Razor-Tail Tiger made of sand ran though the halls. She was late, dang it. Ura wondered why she had spent so much time modifying her Deathseed? Gah! Stupid, stupid, stupid! She had really wanted to learn this, but wasn't sure how Master [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] would react to her being late. As the Lervon neared the study hall, she shifted back into her humanoid form. Probably not best to run into the room like a predatory cat. She sheepishly walked in, looking around the room before seeing Gheron.

"Um.... I'm sorry I'm late Master. Got caught up with a personal project."

Noticing two more students approaching, Gherron looked to Matsu and Tom, nodding slightly. "You two continue here, i'll catch the new joins up."

Moving to another table, he beckoned to the two padawans, gazing at the Lervon with particular interest. He'd never seen anything like her, and was quite curious. This was a lesson about alchemy though, not an interview about species. As the two made their way over, both apologizing for their tardiness in turn, he simply waved off the words with a smile. "No need to apologize, this is an informal lecture." He did suppress a small chuckle when one of the students started right off the bat with a question. "Calm down, breathe. As I said, this whole thing is informal. I can be here all day if needed, so take your time. Now, what are your names?"

After introductions were finished, he began his spiel on his understanding of alchemy.

"Now, before I begin, it is important to know that, like all aspects of the force, there is no wrong answers here, no one way to go about using alkahest. I'll start off with explaining my take on it, and after that you're both welcome to chime in with your own ideas. Who knows? Maybe you'll teach me something. Now, before you try to imbue something with thhe force, you need to know three basic things: A deep understanding of what you want imbued, the desired effect, and the art of imbuing itself. I say this because alkahest is an art, and should be treated as such if you want the best results. Any questions so far?"

[member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Ador Horn"]

Ura was surprised at how laid back [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] was about her and the other padawan, [member="Ador Horn"] , being late. This was good. She actually liked that. He then asked their names. "I am Ura Iolar," she said, shifting her hands appearance a little bit. The Lervon then listened carefully as Dragonsflame explained Light Side alchemy. He said that the skill was an art form, and that they should see it as such. That was interesting for her to hear, but she was happy that she could ask a question. The Padawan's hand shot up, and when allowed to, ask "Is there anything that can't be changed by alchemy?"

It was good to see that the Jedi was calm and laid back unlike Ador’s own master who would’ve made Ador spend days translating different accords for being late to a single lesson. The Jedi slightly winced at the thought of having to do such things for a second time and instead offered a smile to Gherron. Bowing respectfully to the more experienced and powerful Jedi, Ador spoke. “Ador Horn.”

Arms tucking beneath his back Ador hung onto Gherron’s words as he spoke, though his eyes wondered to the other tables seeing the lessons being taught there so he could have a visual as well and see how they all worked in comparison to one another. The other latecomer of a species Ador had never seen at the same time he was young and not knowledgable of every species. But she did ask a good question.

“What sort of effects can this alchemy give the object? How do you ensure another doesn’t use it?”

[member="Ura Iolar"], [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"]

Joury sat quietly, and listened attentively to all that was said. Lightside alchemy fascinated her, and she was eager to soak up as much as she could, confident in the skills and knowledge of her instructors. She had a knack for remembering things, always had, and yet still found herself rapidly scrawling out notes as they spoke. She knew she would pour over these later, and that it might be useful to her, as she'd begun to craft and acquire items for use in the inevitable adventures the life of a Jedi in the Silver Order would doubtlessly lead to.

Though never one to wish to set herself out there, at least not since coming to Kashyyyk, questions began to form. Timidly, she slowly raised a hand, nervously looking around and clearing her throat softly before speaking,

"Master, thank you, is there any necessary materials or qualities of materials which are meant to aid in such things? If so, how might I, er, we recognize them?"

[member="Gherron Dragonsflame"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom