Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aliit Acar | House Vi'dreya

Alkor took a step back as the others made themselves known and their voices heard. It was a time for family, and though he was a part of it, he was a single piece of something larger. It was important that they all contribute, that they were all heard. That was one failure of the Mando'ade he could not reconcile as Warmaster. It was a bitter lesson, and one he would always carry with him.

Family was family, Mandalorian or not. His self-imposed exile gave him a greater understanding of that truth. There was love, hate, trust, and distrust- all of the things that made them human culminated to make them a single unit.

"You have built up a Confederacy in defense of freedom, and in defiance of tyranny," Alkor smirked as Isley asked what their family should represent. "What else would you have your kin champion but those same values?" It seemed a silly thing to say, but it was genuine.

He paused when the young one, [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] called out and asked for his name. She spoke in the language of the Mandalorian people, so she had most likely heard it before. Still, he answered. "Alkor," he replied. "Alkor Centaris."

[member="Darth Metus"]

When the ship had finally landed and the girls had disembarked, Betty wanted nothing more than to turn tail and run back. Blonde hair settled along her shoulders as her white cloak hovered over the ground as she walked. If she turned tail, she wouldn't be herself. Caitlin and Kandi walked on either side of her, and little Jude was snug in his sling against Betty's chest. As the ramp behind her folded back into the ship and Sinner's Well came into view Betty felt a smile tug at the corner of her lips, she had nothing to be ashamed of and if the children between she'd had were a sign of anything. It was a bond she shared with [member="Darth Metus"]. Quietly the blonde made her way into Sinner's Well and it didn't take too long for Betty discern where this family meeting was taking place. She could hear her sweet Summer's voice and felt her heart swell with pride, her smile grew wider.

Cait and Kandi helped Betty through the threshold, and it was there that she could see Metus. Isley, as she knew him Jude squirmed in his sling, a baby's noise of comfort echoed off the walls. A nervous Betty searched the room and found her Summer. [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] and the sight of her daughter made it just a little bit easier. "Hi," she greeted her voice trembled slightly, and did her best to feel the room. "Pardon my intrusion, but I had heard there was a family meetin'." A moment to gather her thoughts, "names Betty, I'm Sum-." The blonde corrected herself, "Allya is my daughter and these two fine young women are her sisters. Caitlin and Kandace, and this little guy here is her brother."

Hopefully it wouldn't take much more than that for the Vi'dreyas to figure that Betty and Metus had created these fine children together. Betty did notice that there were some mighty pale folks here, paler than her and that the man over there. [member="Srina Talon"] and [member="Kishala Vi'dreya"] to be exact stood out to her, the others she wondered about but decided to hold off until they introduced themselves properly. It was after the introduction that Betty made eye contact with Isley and didn't bother holding back a smirk.

[member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Lace Vi'dreya"] | [member="Ode Vi'dreya"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

dividerfela.png

Tag:[member="Srina Talon"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Ode Vi'dreya"], [member="Damsy Callat"], [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"], [member="Kishala Vi'dreya"], [member="Betty Americus"], [member="Taramaz Laurs"], [member="Lace Vi'dreya"], [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] <3​

The Defense of Freedom? Defiance of Tyranny?

There was something about that…chill...that caused the Sith Lord to pause. Something about the way his daughter settled her eyes upon him. Her expression was neutral. But he knew better. He could feel as much. Beneath the surface was a cacophony of...sadness. An ocean which crashed against the rocks of her newfound family. And. Behind the Sith, there was frustration. A muted heat almost lost among the fire of the bonfire. What's more, a faint sense of apprehension grew louder as the latest arrivals to the gathering made their arrivals. Some were quieter than others. But through it all, whilst standing among this cyclone, the joy Darth Metus thought he would feel was tattered by the cold. And as [member="Alkor Centaris"] uttered what their family should stand for...for the first time, he understood why.

He was always focused on the "big picture."

Always. For as long as every single person who had gathered knew him, his head was always in the heavens. As the younger warrior who had sired the numerous offspring standing about, he had been obsessed with the bigger picture of personal power. Of pushing Alchemy to the very limits. Of taming the Dark Side and becoming an invincible force. On paper he would always credit his lust for power as noble - for with such might he could protect what he cared for. But did he? As his burning gaze regarded his family in the present, he had to quietly face that reality. If he cared then, would [member="Damsy Callat"] had spent her formative years calling a doppelganger father? If he had truly cared then, would he had have not held [member="Ode Vi'dreya"] from the moment she was born? And even as he got older, the issue persisted. When [member="Alkor Centaris"] became his brother, was it not during his reign as Mand'alor the Reclaimar? Was it not during a time when the Sith was devoted to reforming his people and reclaiming their territory?

Again, he told himself that he was making a world that those he cared about could prosper within. That he was building a nation they could call home. At times, he even used that excuse with the Confederacy he erected in the present. But what good had it truly done? He had children - a whole army by some estimates - but did they have a Father? Or did he give them the idea of one? He had siblings, but did they truly have a brother? Did Cardinal know anything about his sibling in his off-time? Did Alkor know anything beyond a mutual affection for netra'gal? Did [member="Kishala Vi'dreya"] know anything beyond their maternal heritage and infrequent checking up on one another? If the Sith was being perfectly honest with himself and them? No. They did not. It was disgusting to admit to himself, but the person who he treated the most like how family should be treated was his apprentice [member="Srina Talon"]. But even then, it took the Force itself binding their lives together with a Bond to commence that connection. It took the literal period power period of period Gods to make him value something other than the "big picture."

"No." he said, looking towards Alkor briefly. "This family...should not strive to be like me."

"I…" The Sith placed his hands on his hips and unleashed a sigh to the heavens. "My priorities have been karked from before most of you were born. And there's no kind way of putting it." He motioned around, indicating all of them. "Yet none of you were born recently - save the little one over there. All of you have lived your lives. Grown to be who you are. But today is the first most of you have met." He shook his head, fumbling for the right words. "I've built so much since you all have been alive. I've given myself the excuse that I'm making the Galaxy a better place for you all - but really, what matters more? Borders rise and fall. But seeing first steps? First words? Scraped knees? That's forever."

"And in a lot of cases, I chose the wrong thing over you all. Even now...I called you all together to talk about whether or not we go back to being Mandalorians. That is what it took for me to bring siblings together - an Empire going full Vyrassu in the middle of bum-kark-nowhere from here." He placed his hand on the back of his head, punctuating his "rant" with yet another sigh. "This family shouldn't be about the big picture. It should be about family. And I've been at the center of karking that up. And to all of you - I'm sorry. I can't make up for the years in a single sentence. I can't make up for any of it. But I'm sure as hell going to try."

"I want to know you all. My siblings. My children. All of you. And I want you to know me - the real me. Not just the idea of me while I'm off...building something. And I want you to know each other. I want you all to have one another so that, when all of this is gone, you'll always have one another. That's what this family will stand for." With his rant over, he motioned to them all, adding: "Questions? Comments? Things you want to throw at me?"

He wouldn't be surprised if a rock came sailing at his skull. But, instead, the littlest member of the family sneeze. [member="Betty Americus"] had introduced him as Allya's brother...and the Sith lofted a brow. "Bets." he began. "When?!" To say he was surprised was the understatement of the karking century.

blood.png

Taramaz Arcturus

T
hbhYlAh.jpg
Tags: [member=Darth Metus], [member=Srina Talon], [member=Alkor Centaris], [member=Ode Vi'dreya], [member=Damsy Callat], [member=Cardinal Vi'dreya], [member=Kishala Vi'dreya], [member=Betty Americus], [member=Lace Vi'dreya], [member=Allya Vi'Dreya]
Theme: Hey Brother
R4oOmxf.png

Taramaz stood there, watching, and listening. He was surprised about how few had noticed him, yet not as surprised as he thought he should be. He looked around, some were scowling at his brother, some were smiling, some wore a blank mask of expression, others he could not see. He could also sense the immense unrest growing, however. He was not mad, how could he be? Was he any better? He had been gone longer than his Isley had, though it was mostly not his fault, it was still his choice to not pursue his brother as soon as he could. He could feel his family shifting as Isley's speech went on, he could feel some of them reaching for things to grab and throw.

He just stood there, and as the speech drew to a close, and starting marching forward, pushing his way through the crowd. He pushed his way out at the front, he made it halfway to Isley, when he felt a few objects approaching him from behind. He spun around, grabbing one of his sabers, and ignited it quickly, only one blade, quickly slicing the offending rocks and bottles, and other large, heavy, and sharp objects. He was pretty sure he even saw a dagger at one point. His saber cut through them all like butter, though, due to it's greatly enhanced cutting power. He then deactivated it, and put it back on his belt, and turned to keep walking. It was then that he heard his brother speaking to one of the women, presumably about a new child. He got to Isley, and stood by his side, turning around again.

He eyed the crowd, giving them a harsh representation of who they would be messing with if they decided to attempt to attack his brother again. His right hand reached for, and grabbed one of his sabers, holding it ready. He then tapped a button on his wrist, and his ship hung around overhead, still cloaked, giving no sign of it's presence, ready to provide a quick evacuation for Isley should it be needed. He tapped another button, and his mask slid back over his face, and as he looked at the crowd, he got a quick bio on most of those gathered, he only paid attention to their names and a few of their accomplishments though. But he would be lying if he didn't run a check over their equipment aswell, he then tapped again, and the mask unfolded.

will you sink down to me?
tealnboom.png
Location: Sinners Well Equipment: Outfit \ leg exoskeletons / trident electrostaff
Objective: Throw something (a tantrum) Tags: [member="Darth Metus"] + rest of fam
. . .

Actually for a few ignorant moments, her anger gave way to the soft but uncomfortably gut wrenching twangs of guilt.

She wanted, so desperately, to know her flesh-and-blood father. Discover the flaws in the programmed personality given to his robotic stand-in (for surely there were some imperfections that Naroh Se had attempted to gloss over in order to make Damsy the perfect, if not human, father). Make new memories. He was trying his best, reaching out, committed. Give him a chance, she thought. It had potential.

It. Had. P o t e n t i a l.

That was a far cry from the fairy tale she had almost convinced herself of.

Damsy’s stomach calmed suddenly as the spell of forgiveness falling over her was broken by the approach of Betty. The Sithspawn turned to see whomever it was that enraptured her father’s attention now, and all but rolled her eyes when she, for one, saw and, for two, heard Metus’ untactful realization.

And she thought that Trinj’s family was large, and seamice bred like, well, mice. Of course, there wasn’t anything wrong with a marine or nonmarine large family, but, here, it was the additional context. Seamice typically remained in colonies for years, even after young had become adults.

A twinge returned, but this time of jealousy. If the Sith lord spoke the truth, those little ones would grow up in the nurturing light of an actual father. As she faced forward again in her chair, she actually snorted—there was no suppressing the urge this time.

Comment? She had a comment, albeit softer that it would have been mere moments before, but of more or less the same context.

Slowly, Damsy rose. Stiffly too, as the black plasteel exoskeletons encasing her legs limited certain movements—as they should. If Allya was near, she might silently motion for help, but would insist on walking over to Metus by herself.

Against my better judgement,” she began after clearing her throat, “I’ll stay.” Not that she could go back to the relatively isolationary life of a mermaid again if she wanted to, on Kamino or elsewhere. She had grown too social. At the very least, she cared to continue seeing Allya and A’Runda, the latter of which she would never ask to set foot on the watery world. “And I will change my name.” It had been a while for him to wait on that answer, the suggestion that he had first made on her homeworld. But, a catch—“To Se, not Vi’dreya. Prove to me you mean what you say, and I might be persuaded to do otherwise.” To her, that seemed very fair, maybe too much so, but if for some reason it didn't to Metus? Fine. She'd continue to bear a Kaminoan's name, and rightfully as far as she was concerned.

With that, she found an empty nearby chair and sat down, rather than chance turning around and returning to that which she had left. But that was alright; she didn’t want to face Allya right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom