Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Alec Varani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Alec Varani (Cover name: Rachel)
Loyalties: Spynet
Role: Ahra’s Hawkeye
Development Threads: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/54527-breaking-the-unions-aca-invasion-of-rebel-geonosis/?p=818174
Species: Human
Force-Sensitive: No. Average human
Appearance: Alec has one of those faces that make you think you recognize him, even if you’ve never seen him before. In spite of this (or perhaps because of it), he seems to pass out of people’s memories quickly, and he’s hard to pick out of a crowd. He’s short and stocky, but rather muscular.
Personality: Alec is an actor. He tends to be passive and observant, though he is certainly not afraid to speak up when needed. That said, he can play any part, from loudmouthed drunk to reserved nobleman. He tends to downplay his own skills, but that’s more to keep enemies guessing than any sense of humility he might have.
Weapon of Choice: Blaster pistol. His DL-32 is a civilian model, and he has permits for concealed carry in all civilized systems. That said, his Spynet training grants him deadly efficiency with even this common firearm.
Wealth: Upper middle class. The Spynet pays well, but he usually doesn’t get combat pay and expenses.
Combat Function: Support and deception. Though he has received agent-level training, Alec is far from a front-line fighter. Instead, he attempts to gain the upper hand, whether by taking out a key target with a few well-placed shots or by taking advantage of his environment to create deadly traps or convincing distractions. In a firefight, he will attempt to hide behind cover and take shots when possible, and attempt to flank if the enemy is distracted. Against a Force user, he will simply run - not out of fear, but because he knows he’s unlikely to win (and possibly because he’s drawing them into a trap). If he’s in the Comet, he will use the ship’s weapons against troops, vehicles, and starships alike.
Strengths:
Out-of-the-box thinker
Crafty
Good with cover
Good with ship weapons
Weaknesses:
Bad at direct confrontations
Almost always unarmored
Non-Force User
Somewhere In Between:
Avoids combat if possible
Falls back/flees if odds are against him
Skills: Voice antics (he can change his voice to any number of pitches, impressions, and tones; his code name “Rachel” is a specific voice he uses on unsecure comms); Surveillance (he can keep tabs on many things at once and filter out the most important goings-on to pass on to Ahra); Slicing (he can get into all but the most well-protected systems and use the enemy’s surveillance and sometimes their defenses against them); Piloting (though Ahra usually flies the Comet, Alec is a more than capable pilot and can mount the ship’s turret while Ahra has the helm)
Notable Possessions: Blaster pistol, sharp intellect, technical skills
Other Notes: Alec serves as the Hawkeye for Ahra’s missions - he stays with the ship and feeds Ahra intel as Ahra carries out his mission. Occasionally, Alec will arrive at the scene beforehand and set up a base of operations, gathering intel long before Ahra arrives on the scene. The two of them are friends, though Alec is blissfully unaware that Ahra is a droid.
Alec’s main functions during missions:
Establish surveillance: See everything that goes in and out of the target location
Hijack systems: Part of establishing surveillance; see everything the target’s security sees, including camera feeds, hidden mics, and alarm systems; can occasionally be used to disable/control enemy defenses

Intercept communications: Extension of hijack systems; able to intercept up to moderate encryption
Jam/scramble communications: Exactly what it says on the tin. Prevents enemies from being able to communicate electronically
Scan: While passive scans are part of establishing surveillance, active scans can provide a nearly exact layout of a target area at the cost of being highly visible to anyone paying attention to their own passive scanners.

[member="Ahra Martrey"]

Everything looks fine, but just a few tiny things to address that are more layout than anything else
  • Can I have links to the equipment this NPC has?
  • For his combat function, I would like to see strengths and weaknesses in a list format please
Take care of those, and everything should be fine

[member="Darth Arcanix"] Apologies. Busy week.
The equipment wasn't really anything unique. I pulled the blaster name out of thin air (I don't think DL-32 is a thing, I just used it for a civilain-model pistol) and he's going to be working mostly with shipboard computers and scanners. He doesn't wear armor unless it's for a disguise or specific mission, and usually doesn't carry much beyond a datapad.
Updated the combat section with strengths/weaknesses.

[member="Ahra Martrey"]

Understandable, been a bit busy myself the last few days so apologies for taking a bit to get back to this. Anywho, I would prefer to have something linkable for the weapon, mainly because abuse can happen with a weapon if its not able to be seen and know what its strengths and weaknesses are. Once that is solved, I see no reason not to stamp this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom