Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Aldera

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.darksands.com/pictures/zeldawood/Zeldawood2.jpg
Image courtesy of Zelda wood2.

Name: Aldera
Region: Colony Space
System
: Unknown
Suns: 1 yellow sun
Orbital Position: Habital zone, 5th planet from the Sun
Moons
: One Moon
System Features: There are four other planets –
1. Theopolus
2. Alpha Mae
3. Tenebris
4. Lux
5. Aldera
Coordinates: Just below Colla iv. a
Rotational Period: 12 hour days, 12 hour nights
Orbital Period: 420 days to circle the sun
Class: Terrestrial
Diameter:
Atmosphere: Atmosphere type 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard, Earth-like
Primary Terrain:

Grasslands 30%,
Mountains 20%,
Tundra 10%
Jungle 20%
Artic Polar caps 20%

Aldera has two oceans
The Aequor and the Tulia

Native Species: Humans
Immigrated Species: Zeltrons, Twi’leks, Atrisian, Alderaanians
Primary Languages: Basic
Government:
Monarchy
High Council of 12 Members

Population:
1 million Alderi
1 million from Alderaan
300,000 from Atrisia
200,000 from Zeltros
250,000 from Ryloth
200,000 from Corellia

Demonym: Alderi
Major Imports: Technology, weapons, and ships
Major Exports: Food products, Minerals found in the mountains, and ore from the mining facility

Affiliation:

Major Locations:

The Palatium – the home of the ruling family of Aldera. When Arianna crashed on the planet with Garith Darkhold they lived near a mountain retreat until they were able to move to the retreat. The Palatium is located at the foot of the mountain. It is a structure two stories tall with a high wall to protect the family in residence. It is protected by the Aldera Royal Guard.

Berazategui--Palac_1786876i.jpg
The Concilium – This is the building where the High Council of Aldera meets to discuss matters of State and to advise the Royal Family. This building is circular, the offices of the Council are above ground the people of Aldera are able to see their representatives at work. However the main hall where they meet as a body is below the surface.

706596_w2.jpg
Culture: This planet though discovered when Queen Arianna Organa was 19 she has come to accept that her people need a home while Alderaan heals from the Sith invasion. Aldera is the new home for the citizens of Alderaan, and any other world that has suffered or been invaded by offworlders. It is multi cultural.

Technology: When Aldera was discovered it was believed there was no technology available. The people there had lived in solitude and separation from the galaxy at large. In time Arianna would return to this world bringing with her the technology she was familiar with to help the people advance, to show them how to sell what materials they could offer and build their economy. The precious gems found in the mountains where Garith mined the metals to fix the ship, and set into precious settings and sold across the galaxy. The food products that flourished on the grasslands exported to worlds who relied upon exports to feed their citizens.

History:

Before the Great Plague the world of Aldera the inhabitants were scattered living in small groups travel was slow, trade and farming the only means of survival. A hunter traded half of what he killed with a farmer for grain. It was a simple time it was only as needs grew did they move into the time during the Gulag becoming nomadic.

During the Gulag Aldera was in civil war the native inhabitants became warlike suspecting everyone, even their own kinsmen. They battled over food, water, housing and moved about in nomadic clans. Until a single man known as Devon Brand began to negotiate with other clans, leading them away from the warlike state into a time to begin building society again. He reminded them they were of one world, of one culture and that only together could they survive.

Aldera went through the strife that came with the changes in leadership, for once Devon Brand died the fight for who would take his place began. But the people endured and once they established the ruling family they settled building communities and cities there began a division of classes. The nobility which helped to fashion the government of Aldera, the middle class where many of the tradesman and skilled artisans , and the lower class the worked for the other classes. They built their cities with simple materials, their children learned only of the culture of Aldera.

During the events of Netherworld Aldera was developing their economy the events of the dead returning nearly sent them back into the time of the Gulag. Many of the living disappeared the natives of Aldera at first thought that it was a punishment but in time they began to understand that it was meant to happen to prepare the way for the hundreds of thousands of refugees that were to come to them. Their population began to change more and more refugees have found their way to Aldera. Aldera was to become the home for anyone who had lost their home to the Sith.

If Arianna and Garith had traveled further inland at the time they had crashed they would have encountered the people of Aldera. However since they did not they believed the planet to be uninhabited only upon returning did it become evident that Aldera was not devoid of life. But having lived as they did they understood from experience how the ancestors of the people of Aldera lived, and provided for themselves. This provided a bond between them. This gave them the opportunity to work with the population of Aldera to show them new ways to help everyone of Aldera citizens, old and new. Arianna family began to spend more time with the citizens of Aldera.

Medical Supplies from MandalMedical gifts from Rianna and Ordo, clothing from Claire Organa, gifts of known technology from Arianna the quiet establishment of the family engraining themselves into the fabric of the world and slowly becoming the strength of Aldera.

Notable PCs: Arianna Organa, Faith Balor-Organa, Garith Darkhold Jr, Theodosius, Rianna Ar’klim, Ordo, Claire Organa

Planet was discovered during this RP - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/35819-with-eyes-wide-open-a-past-rpcomplete/

Purpose of this planet: To provide a home for the citizens of Alderaan and any other refugees that would are escaping the hold of the Sith, and need a new start.

[member="Arianna Organa"]

Hello! I'm Ilias Nytrau and I'll be your judge for the duration of this submission's journey through the Codex. Your planet is now being looked over, and you can expect some form of initial judgement from me within twenty-four hours of this post. :)

My most sincerest apologies for failing to meet the expectation I set out for you, and therefore, the standards I am expected to adhere to as a judge. This is shameful. I have no excuses, and only one reason - I was tired, which is entirely my fault, and I am terribly sorry for not doing what I must to stay true to my word.

Now, let's see what we can get done, here.

I've had a look through your submission, and two things caught my attention after the first trip through with my eyes:

1) Orbital Period: 420. Well, 420 what, dear? Please attach a time period indicator to the number. :)

2) Thank you so much for including Chaos timeline events in this planet's history, as many forget to, but what about the history before the Gulag plague? Give me an idea of life and society before that craziness!

Again, I am so very sorry. I will do whatever I can to ensure my responses are more prompt. Please tag me when you have made the requested edits.

Great! Thanks.

Now it seems that most of the text in your submission has become very small. I can still kind-of read it, but I can't say the same for anyone else. Please fix that, would you? :)

Well. All in all a simple planet with a noble purpose. I find nothing questionable with it, and you've taken care of what little I asked!

With that, I slap a lovely, green pending approval sticker on this, and send it onward, to [member="Valiens Nantaris"].

I thank you for your patience, and the Codex thanks you for your patronage. Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom