Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3al23s5.png

Alderaan, evening
Attire: [
x]

Amani had to get away from the crowd.

It's not that she hated events like this on principle, but even after all this time, the shift between Jedi life and Organa life was always jarring. There was decorum in Jedi procedures, no argument there, but to her there was meaning behind it. Sincerity. Meanwhile amongst the flocks of high society, there was a shallowness to it. Grandstanding for the sake of publicity and a chance to one-up their arisotcratic and/or political rivals. Even on Alderaan, where society generally swayed toward altruistic agendas, it couldn't be avoided entirely. Especially not from Amani's perspective, as the once and future odd-Organa-out.

Tonight that was only emphasized by the fact that she was here alone. Alicio and the kids were back on Coruscant, while Amani made the brave decision to act as the family's presence at tonight's affair. As awkward as she often felt, she thought it might be a nice step away from the weight of her duties, if just for an evening. It was for a while, but sooner or later, the ongoing war made its way through the grapevine all over again.

So after a few too many attempts to rope her into the conversation, Amani chose instead to skulk near the edge of the great hall in avoidance of talking shop. Not that it made the only green-hued woman in the room any harder to spot; But the other patrons eventually found the sense to recognize she was officially unavailable for the moment. Amani relished the solitude, but not the isolation. Such was the story of her role as the Countess of Alderaan.

At least tonight, the music was good.

Chessa-Bossa-3.png

It was a little ironic that Chessa would find herself missing the life at private events, surrounded by the high class giving their haughty laughs, ranting on about their politics whilst also giving attention to the guest singer. When she moved to Nar Shaddaa, she was absolutely disgusted by a lot of aspects which even included the living unit she had purchased. Everyone was shady and had ulterior motives, it was fantastic in the sense that a lot of individuals had interesting smart (street smart, anyways) minds. Though in comparison to high society events, it was much more dangerous and harder for Chessa to spread her influences. If she sang somewhere there were no whispers of gossip, although some of the crowds did appreciate her voice there would not be much shown attention towards her as there are at these events. Besides the obvious credits, Chessa loved attention.

So of course, she gave her all for this event, she made sure to sing her more mellow songs to match the vibe of the crowd. Once she was finished with a set of songs she decided to mingle with the others only to find herself disconnected from everyone. The Mirialan singer was showered with compliments for barely five minutes before everyone simply seemed to turn their heads back into their conversations, not allowing room for her to interact. Chessa felt strange, she wasn't sure if she had done anything wrong since it had been a while since she had attended a high society event. As soon as the whispers started she felt some ease, as long as anyone talked about her it would only mean she succeeded to influence.

As much as Chessa understood that her dress was considered skimpy for the event, that her loose hair wasn't professional, and that (apparently) her advertising posters made her look prettier than she was, the singer never expected someone to bring up her life on Nar Shaddaa.

"Oh my, really? She was fantastic at one of my events a few months ago, perhaps the pay wasn't enough..."
"No, no, just think about it- she's a singer, and moved to Nar Shaddaa, it could only mean-"

Chessashai turned away, grabbed a glass of Alderaan wine and headed towards the end of the hall only to see another Mirialan on her own. "I hope I am not disrupting you, I must say your dress is absolutely beautiful," she said, the way the red complimented her green toned skin certainly made her stand out from the other bland individuals.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani did a double take when the stranger approached. She complemented her dress, but more notably, she was mirialan. Amani paused for just a moment, surprised to see another of her kind here of all places. She then blinked back into focus, and glanced down at her attire, "Oh- Well thank you! It is lovely," She smiled running a hand across the fabric, "An old student made it." There was a momentary drop in her expression when she reminded herself of Thelma, but it subsided just as quick.

"I have to say, I didn't expect to…" Amani trailed off, studying the woman closer. Suddenly she came to a realization, "Oh! Oh, you're… Chess Bossa, aren't you?" Duh. She mentally told herself. She was advertised as tonight's musical guest. Now here Amani was acting like a fool. Despite her own position, she still wasn't exactly used to meeting celebrities. "Your music was fantastic tonight. Saved this party from being a total drag, if I'm being honest," Amani smirked, her voice lowering conspiratorially, "What brings you to Alderaan? Just the gig?"

The singer was rather impressed by the origins of the red dress, to have something made by someone such as a student was simply a grand gesture. Chessashai gave a warm smile as the lady recognized her, "Yes indeed, thank you for your kind words," she replied. Glancing at the crowd in the distance she couldn't help but to feel glad that someone agreed on the vibe of the crowd... Music was very important for carrying events, to Chessa, music was like the Force- except this time it seemed that her singing abilities could not stop the others from gossiping bad things about her.

"I needed a change of view, the scenery here is quite amazing-" she held up her glass, "and the wine is exquisite, of course," she added. "I didn't quite catch your name, are you a professor of sorts?" Chessa asked curiously. There were many possibilities that ran through her mind, she wondered if the lady was a dressmaker of sorts and that her student had crafted the dress as a gift or if she was merely a normal professor. The singer wasn't exactly well versed in named of scholars that would attend such events, she felt somewhat embarrassed for asking.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"That it is. It's one of my favorite things about Alderaan," Amani concurred, looking out one of the large windows that offered such a vista of the verdant mountain landscape. She raised her glass, mirroring Chessa, "That too." There were some cherished (though best left unshared) memories attached to a bottle of Alderaanian wine.

"I didn't quite catch your name, are you a professor of sorts?"

Amani blinked, taking a moment to register the question. "Oh! Ah… Of sorts, I suppose," Though there wasn't any arrogance attached to it, she had gotten used to being a recognizable figure on this world, so having someone ask who she was came as an unexpected surprise. "I'm a Jedi. With the New Jedi Order." She dipped her head in greeting, "Pardon me, I should've introduced myself already. My name is Amani Serys-Organa."

The grip on her glass cup tightened, she was embarrassed of herself but she knew she simply had to continue as if all was well. Chessa regretted not checking the guest list of the night, she trusted herself too much to be able to recognize faces. Anything that had to do with the Force- The New Jedi Order, the Sith, it was all mostly distant from her usual affairs.

Thankfully, the name was recognizable enough, "Ah! Miss Serys-Organa, Chief Healer right? How fascinating!" she said cheerfully, in reality, she was much more excited at the fact that she was talking to a lady with the Organa name. The wife of Alderaan Senator, Alicio Organa. Truly fascinating.

"As a child my brothers and I would run around and pretend we were Jedi, I cant help but to admire all of the wonderful stories I hear about the New Jedi Order" it was all lies spilling out of her mouth, "and of course, the world of medicine is one that is much more healing," Chessa added on. It could be said that her talent was to speak of false nonsense as if it was her reality.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani was surprised Chessa recognized her name. Perhaps it was well-known enough, but the thought of a famous musician being familiar with it was just one of those things she never considered before. Bashfully the healer dipped her head, "That's right."

The more Chessa spoke, the more Amani picked up on the somewhat forced nature of her pleasantries. An occasional curse of the Jedi's sixth sense; She'd almost have preferred to pretend that this woman took a full and genuine interest in the topic. Not that she could pinpoint if Chessa was lying about one specific thing, but a facade was there, as it was with so many other guests here. "Thank you," Amani replied, not knowing how else to respond to the flattery, "I was the same way as a kid. Guess I got to live my dream," There was an awkward chuckle, and she stopped for a moment, tapping the glass in her hand.

"So— What's work like for you these days? Just stopping by events like this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom