Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was going to say—you are a member of House Organa. You must be in line to the throne on your own planet.” Yet here he was, espousing the virtues of shirking the crown and rejecting one’s royal right. “I know that you mean Corazona may not want to be queen. But you must also understand that she is our only hope to complete a peaceful transition of power.

Perhaps the one thing they could agree upon was that each of them knew their own world better than the other. Alicio said he wanted to help, and as he went on to tell her that she actually had to fight the bill in the Senate, she began to believe he was telling the truth. "Thank you, Your Excellency," she said. "Truly. I did not expect such kindness."

<Great job, kid. But what are we going to do about Senator Laveaux?> Inanna asked Alicio telepathically, revealing that she had been listening in. <We're supposed to be working with her, not against her.>

I know that you mean Corazona may not want to be queen. But you must also understand that she is our only hope to complete a peaceful transition of power.

"Only hope? Likely not. But best hope...?" Alicio trailed off. House Alderaan knew a thing or two about only hopes. He didn't comment about his own line of succession, simply because he didn't want to steepen their power dynamic any more than it already was. She didn't need to know he was likely next in line for the Chalcedony Star.

"Yes. Probably."

Giselle's thanks was met with a tight smile, belying the fact that he certainly didn't feel he deserved it. He'd frightened her earlier, acted entirely pig-headed, and now she was showing him gratitude. He looked back to his favorite wall, the sharpening of his features denoting intense thought as Inanna's voice found his mind.

<Senator Laveaux isn't dumb. She wants her bill to have an impact. Having it stapled wholesale onto Ukatis would do nothing but sow discontent and hurt her goals in the end.>

To hide the mental conversation, Alicio spoke out loud. "When we get to Coruscant, I can show you the floor, and give you access to the materials you will need to prepare your case. And... if you want, I can help you formulate your defense, though for the sake of... personal biases, you may wish to do it on your own."

<Having a planetary representative fight for Ukatis, and make a difference in the galactic community, will tell the Ukatians that their voices matter. Perhaps they will be willing to accept change, if they felt they had a say.>

"Then... I have a place in mind. That will keep you safe, and hopefully keep you occupied, until the bill hits the floor."

- Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok -

Giselle didn't believe for a second that peace was possible without Corazona stepping up, but there was little point discussing it further. They were getting nowhere.

<I guess I'm just fretting about the optics,> Inanna admitted. When people in the Senate got fed up with the stupidity of other people's actions, they tended to leave and focus their efforts elsewhere rather than fighting back. She was guilty of doing the same—it was hard to sustain anger for long, especially when she felt helpless to do anything to stop it. But Sycorax seemed different, more wrathful and cold. She could see her holding a grudge. On the other hand, she seemed to really like Alicio (who didn't?) and was probably pragmatic enough not to hold it against him.

Giselle was quiet as he spoke, listening and gazing attentively at Alicio. Her eyes searched his, perhaps sensing that he was distracted, or looking for signs of treachery. There were none. "And where is this place of safety and contentment?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom