Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross

"I can't actually picture something that large," Trextan murmured. And yes apparently Chloe had played Sabacc with them.

There was rarely a simple answer with Chloe, Trextan found. It wasn't the riddles and verses of the Jedi. He had the sense that she liked people to learn on their own. She would leave them to come to their own conclusions. In a sense, he preferred that. At least, he preferred it in principle. Sometimes he liked a straight answer.

Trextan had never been a deep thinker, but he also stubbornly disliked being told what to do.

Ever suspicious, Trextan had his lightsaber inside the compartment inside his forearm. He would have preferred a blaster on his hip. Something about a heavy handcannon tended to give people the impression that you neither wanted to be robbed, nor to begin a conversation.

"You know the way for food?" he asked Chloe as Kyra returned. He was up from his seat as soon as they touched down.

Chloe laughed. Her merriment continued as she set the Aurora Hawk down before powering down. Explaining required a bit more attention, so she added, "Let me get us situated and I'll explain."

Once post-flight procedures were conducted and the Aurora was ready, the Corellian waited for Kyra Perl Kyra Perl to return with Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker .

"That I do. It isn't too far. Just need to get to the food sector." along the way, they would pass a few shops and trade stands, some ATC affiliated while others would be recognizable galactic as well as local brands.

Once Kyra joined them, Chloe led the way, telling them, "GeeTee should hold down the forth. I'll introduce you once we return. He's busy ensuring fueling goes well. " That was the GT-FO droid she'd managed to salvage after one particularly bad recovery mission went wrong on a former Selab's member's vault. She'd almost died and been the subject of Sith poisoning. If it hadn't been for Jorus locating her and taking her to Rave...

Chloe, as most knew her, would have ceased to exist.

"There is a way to convert microwave signals into a digital language. When you were young, did you ever play with the alphabet tablet application that allowed you to spell out words? Sort of the same concept but I jiry rigged it to process microwaves using a Torpex microwave sensor. Most droids have them." as for the rooms Kyra mentioned.

"Mahatma would play Sabaac with me outside of the Aurora. I would use gravboots and sit on top of the Aurora with my transmitter and tablet and we would play Sabaac. The Oswalft are able to survive the vacuum of space. After a while, once I was able to possess a basic knowledge and understanding of the language, I realized that I could also use similar concepts of Force Comprehension to understand him more fluidly. He had so many stories to tell."

Leading the way down the ramp, Chloe gestured for them to follow.

Last edited:
Krya raised a brow. “That’s… impressive,” she murmured, taken aback by the string of leaps Chloe had used to reach that solution.

It was all a bit over Kyra’s head, which wasn’t something she was apt to admit. To be honest it sounded like something Thirdas would say. Or one of the masters.

Kyra wondered if there wasn’t something more behind that soft drawl and easy smile after all.

“How did you two meet?” She asked, already sniffing for signs of food as her boots pounded down the ramp.

Having been taken from school and send to the depths of a Sith academy, Trextan was also lost on the subject of transforming microwaves to words.

If the story had been boring, both he had Kyra may have paid it little more than lipservice as they followed their stomachs. However, the mental image of Chloe in a space suit being looked upon by a kilometer long space creature was hard to shake. He couldn't tell if it was fascinating or frightening.

He was trying to fix the scale. It was like playing cards with a while star destroyer.

"And I guess you had to teach him sabacc? Could he even see the cards?"

"I collect star maps," Chloe admitted, answering Kyra Perl Kyra Perl in regard to how she met Mahatma.

"Not just the electronic ones, but old loab and filmsi paper star maps from pre-gulag times. I converted one of the single cabins into a map room on the Aurora if you are interested in seeing them." she offered, then continued, " During my stint with Omega Pyre as a navigator, I had the opportunity to explore the ruins of the ancient Woostri HoloScan Database. In pre-gulag times, it was considerd to be a Wonder of the Galaxy, and one of the galaxy's most extensive research institutions." the Warden explained with her singsong voice, the cadence of the delivery highlighting her ability to be a storyteller.

"The Database was housed inside an immense, zigzag-shaped structure thousands of kilometers in length and comprising hundreds of stories. It had databases covering millions of academic and popular topics." a ghost of a smile tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"By this point, the database structure had sunk underwater. I joined the recovery unit to extract as much data as I could." not only for Omega Pyre, but because Chloe had to, as a Keeper of the longstanding secret society of archivists and lorekeepers, Tte Order of the Selab. Their goal, to secure holocrons and other key sources of knowledge, particularly pre-Gulag knowledge. To keep the Order's existence and archival efforts secret and provide needed information and even training when needed to preserve civilization. And finally, to provide a calling and a way to contribute that does not often involve violence or war.

"Part of that data extraction allowed me to gather the information I needed to recreate maps of the Centrality, and what I found about the ThonBoka nebula was fascinating. " her blue eyes lit up in enjoyment and wonder. One could see how easy it was for Chloe to get caught up in adventure, exploration, and the lore of the 'verse.

"Its name is roughly translated to Star Cave. That brought up images of the need to explore it, especially when I found out it was rife with preorganic molecules and interstellar plankton. I knew what that meant. Something had to be there."

Smiling at Kyla, she gave a shrug and said, "So I went. I had plenty of provisions and time." they rounded a corner, and a sign provided directions towards the food sector.

"I was three days into the nebula when Mahatma found me."
she told them.

"As for Sabaac, apparently, he knew how to play already. I found out later I wasn't the first one who'd visited the Oswaft before. Their oral stories told of other interactions with the Silentium and other explorers. As for the game, we used a holographic sabaac deck. "

Curious about them both and how they interacted, she asked Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker and Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , "So, how did you two meet?"

“Oh. Naturally,” Kyra agreed, her voice level if not a bit small. She cast Trextan a look, desperate to see she was not the only one who felt dumb here.

, "So, how did you two meet?"

“We, um…” she trailed, her answer ahead of her thoughts. She blinked as her brain caught up and replayed the question again. “Well. Ages ago really. Back when…” she searched her memories for the first meeting but found them heavy and hard to wade through.

“Well there was that time… but I mean it was before that, really- was it the before the Bryn?“ Kyra had seen more conflict by the time she was 18 than most should in their entire lives. It bothered her that she couldn’t even place who she had been fighting at that time.

Life should have more value than that.

“You were helping us with refugees,” she added, with a fair bit more confidence.

“Oh. Naturally,” Kyra agreed, her voice level if not a bit small. She cast Trextan a look, desperate to see she was not the only one who felt dumb here.

"Force I hope when I'm old...er...that I could have a tenth as many cool stories," Trextan said. His glance back at Kyra showed that he was feeling rather overwhelmed by her stories.

Civilisation had collapsed under the weight of the Gulag plague. The hyperlanes had slowly reopened, but maps of the old routes must have been incredibly values.

Jacen had so many war stories, but nothing was as fantastical as what Chloe could recount. Her achievements seemed so remarkable for how relaxed she came across.

“You were helping us with refugees,” she added, with a fair bit more confidence.

"No, it was the trandoshan first," Trextan laughed. "I think..."

It felt like it had been a long time. Kyra had certainly been younger. She'd been through a lot since those days.

"The time I went with the group to break you out..."

He skipped over that fairly quickly. Kyra had been learning from a Sith. All to seem compliant with their goal of corrupting padawan. She had been motivated to save her friend from torture.

"...and yeah a few other times."

He had been hardened in war long before Kyra. Jacen had been motivated to bring discipline to Trextan, because he had been shocked by the potential the young man had.

"Oh I can smell food!"

His strength in the Force was matched only by his appetite.

"Trandoshen's, really?" She muttered under her breath. It was in that moment that a rather embarrassing memory came flooding back to her.

The subtle pink skin hue of her skin turned maroon as blood rushed to her head.

She said nothing further, marching feverishly away from that conversation and to the stalls that opened up before them. "Oh I could eat a bantha," she deflected, cutting Chloe a look.

Don't ask. Don't ask.

Chloe was keen enough not to press forward, but between the blush on Kyra Perl Kyra Perl ’s face and Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker ’s evasiveness, she knew there had to be more. A blonde brow slightly rose, but she kept mum. Chloe could only hope that it wouldn’t turn out like a chapter in her past. That only caused a load of regret and a ton of hurt.

“Well should be right round the corner,” she told Kyra and Trextan, although they couldn’t help but overhear the jovial cantina music from the hopping Yum Bunnies just to the right. The scent of spicy bantha wings and fries filled the air. Outside was a Yum Bunny hostess.

It only took a casual observer less than three seconds to understand why this particular establishment is dubbed Yum Bunnies. Females of different species: Twi'lek's, Human, Miralans, Zeltrons and Togruta, were dressed in a tiny white shirt with suspenders and tiny black short shorts with the words 'Yum Bun!' scripted across curvy cheeks. This wasn't even including the tiny bunny tail pinned on right above it. All wore heavy makeup, were carrying a large trays, and were busy taking orders from the patrons sitting in the scattered tables.

And you couldn't ignore the large black faux felt fuzzy Lepi ears perched on top of their heads.

One very blessed Togruta with dark mocha skin and bright orange markings over her montrals shone Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker a wide smile and waved. It was the hostess, and with a joviality of one who had an energy drink one too many, asked with cheer.

"Welcome to Yum Bunnies! Where a good time is just a hop away!" she gave a jiggle.

“We’ve a half off all appetizers and drinks due to the galactic shockball championship! Come on over and give em a try!”

For Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , McYodas was right next door. Not as entertaining or loud, but definitely full of burgers.

"Welcome to Yum Bunnies! Where a good time is just a hop away!" she gave a jiggle.

"Er..."

They had definitely planned on burgers. The McYodas was just right next door. The togruta gave another smile, aimed squarely at Trextan. Having started to turn towards Kyra and Chloe, that change of direction slowed and a smile crept onto his own face involuntarily.

He knew - objectively - that it was all to draw him in for overpriced wings. But that outfit and the smile made his insides do a little flip. Kyra had more effective control of her empathy, but she would be assailed by the flash of raw arousal. His mouth went dry, his chest tightened and there was the mental image of quite what he would prefer the togruta to do instead of taking his order.

"Yeah...we should just grab a McYodas right? We agreed that I think?" Trextan proposed, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder and nodding a little too vigorously.

Chloe gave Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker an amused look, then shrugged both shoulders.

"Well, they do got some tasty bantha bites," she told him, following Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . The hostess gave Kyra a wink, giving that silent confirmation that she was tracking what Kyra was setting down.

"Perfect! Come right along, sugar. " she gave a broad grin, only to turn to Trextan and say, "My aren't you a looker. Such a strapping young man!" the way she looked him up and down totally suggested at being an interested party at learning a little more about said birthday boy.

"Follow me!" she called out, waving at them to follow her, "Would you guys like a booth or sit at a bar?"

"So, what are you two interested in?"
Chloe continued the conversation, moving from where they met to finding out their most recent interests. She knew Trextan's in general, but who knew if that had changed since the last time she saw him and Choli.

Trextan managed to press his lips together firmly enough that he couldn't grimace. This was an actual nightmare. It was one thing to see his discomfort and play on it, but quite another to declare it his birthday.

He didn't spend as much of his time brooding as days gone by, but he still hated the idea of being the centre of attention.

"Booth please," Trextan murmured. At least then he could slump down in his moment of shame.

"So, what are you two interested in?"

They knew what had taken his interest, hence why they were here.

"It's not really my birthday," Trextan said to their hostess.

If Chloe and Kyra insisted and they sang to him he was going to die.

"I've been catching up on some old films," Trextan told Chloe. "Pre-Gulag."

Kyra grinned wildly as they sat down, unabashedly pleased with herself.

“It’s totally his birthday,” she mouthed to the hostess. She took the proffered menu and opened it up, skimming her options with rapt attention.

"I've been catching up on some old films," Trextan told Chloe. "Pre-Gulag."

“That sounds boring,” she noted off handily. “My dad would watch those. Oh! They have blue shakes!” Her mouth watered as she turned the page, the girl dodging another question about herself.

“Gosh. And bantha bites? Want to split one?”

Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Chloe's smile turned to a broad grin at the younger kids' antics. Being around such energy and being privy to their silly antics was nice. It was clear, just by observing them, that the pair were comfortable enough with each other to joke around. Trextan had a hard time doing so the first time she met him, all broody, stoic expressions, and even terser commentary.

"Go on, pick whatever ya'lls gullet be itchin' to try. On me." Chloe told them, deciding on the Carter Bantha Bites, a blue milkshake, and a basket of fried tater nuggets.

"Got a good selection of ales and beer if ya'll thinkin' of tryin' a few. " she added, not particular regarding any sort of underage drinking. Chloe, after all, had been raised on a farm and Whyren's whiskey distillery.

"Pre Gulag films. Which one is your favorite?" Chloe continued, asking Trextan to clarify, genuine interest washing over her friendly face. She hadn't missed that Kyra had not answered the question, but Chloe will return to her shortly.

It did not escape his attention that Kyra was perpetually dodging questions. He would consider that later, but he was more concerned with her obviously telling the waitress that it really was his birthday.

She received a brief glower. But his attention quickly returned to watching their hostess walk away to quickly check on another table as they decided. He tried to pretend he wasn't watching. The sheltered Warden did an appalling job of it.

"I mean, they made better films back then. There was more money in the film industry before the plague and the wars and I'm boring aren't I?"

"Yeah, I'll share bantha bites, take some spicy fries, three wings as a side and a beer," Trextan agreed, putting the menu down and trying to juggle keeping that in his head.

"I think my favourite film is The Last Star. It's a horror flick about this transport ship taking the last survivors of a dying planet away, but there's a killer creature on board."

“So boring,” Kyra teased, her head still in the menu. She was studying it a lot more intently now that she knew she wasn’t paying. There had been a time in her life when she never had to think twice about she would pay for a meal.

It could still be that way, but then she’d have to stay with her parents.

"I think my favourite film is The Last Star. It's a horror flick about this transport ship taking the last survivors of a dying planet away, but there's a killer creature on board."

“We can make that happen.”

1f1a9cda8db3196ae08ea44b04bf5db3.png

By this time, a cheerful, bouncy, Twi'lek Yum Bunny waitress with cinnamon-colored skin and soft, gloriously large, tan-colored eyes came to their table. She set water glasses in front of the trio, offering sustainable flute straws should they want them.

"Welcome to Yum Bunnies! My name is Tara and I will be your bunny for the day and am here to take your order. Just let me know what you like, and I'll make sure you leave happy!" She sang in a perky and eager-to-please voice, rocking on her heels and giving a shimmy of her shoulders. Her cleverly placed top only enhanced that mesmerizing sway level at where she held her ordering datapad.

Those beautiful eyes swept over Chloe and Kyra and then settled on Trextan.

"How about we start with you, handsome ," she flashed him a flirty wink. "Anything look good enough to eat? If not, I have some ideas you might find super tasty."

Meanwhile, having been to several Yum Bunnies across the galaxy and Otherspace, Chloe didn't think anything of it. As provocative as it may sound, the waitress wasn't trying to be a tease; she was honestly just using the script and lines and was really trying to be helpful. Odds were she was just some local planetside looking to make extra cash. Yum Bunnies policies were stringent. There was to be no hint of impropriety on property grounds. They sold food, ambiance, and booze, not sex.

"Reckon wecan set up the common area to watch it. My entertainment system has extensive holoarrays in the common area. I've built it up over the years to allow a comfortable holofilm watching experience." Chloe offered, taking a sip of her water.

"What about you Kyra, what do you like to watch?"

Yum Bunnies policies were stringent. There was to be no hint of impropriety on property grounds. They sold food, ambiance, and booze, not sex.

These were all things that Trextan did - objectively - know. It didn't stop him immediately falling in love with the waitress. It wasn't love, it was an infatuation that would last until they were about ten minutes from the door.

Travelling on his own, trying to do good around the galaxy, meant that he didn't spend as much time talking with other young people in their early twenties. His teenage years had been atypical too. The sith academy that resembled a dungeon, followed by the war with the One Sith.

"Hi, yeah, erm..."

His gaze went down and back up again very, very quickly.

"Bantha bites, take some spicy fries, three wings as a side and a beer."

"Which beer?" She asked.

His mind panicked a little. He turned the menu back and forth. "The...pale...please."

Reckon wecan set up the common area to watch it.

"I'm not sure if she was asking to watch the film or unleash a terrifying alien on the ship," Trextan joked, looking anywhere but towards Tara.

"What about you Kyra, what do you like to watch?"

Kyra gave a wicked grin. "People."

She dipped back into the menu, adding off handily, "Movies are predictable-- hey what's this I see about a happy ending?" Blue eyes peered over the edge of the menu again, sparkling as they gauged Trexan's response.

"Just kidding, I'll take a blue shake, burger, an extra side of tots, annnnnd fried pickles. Thanks." She closed up the menu and passed it back to the waitress, pleased with her own shenanigans.

"Whats wrong Trex? You not having a fun birthday?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom