OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a giant refueling ship for the Imperial Armada
- Image Source: Click - FractalSponge
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Affiliation: Imperial Supply Fleet
- Model: Ahazi-class Armada Tender
- Production: Minor
- Frame: Alusteel
- Misc: Transparisteel Viewports, Turadium Blast Doors/Shutters, Agrinium Reactor Shielding
- Classification: Fleet Support, Fuel Hauler
- Length: 4000m
- Width: 2200m
- Height: 950m
- Armament: None
- Defenses: Extreme
Blackgate Multicore Shield System
Backup Deflector Shields
- Antimissile Octets
- Point-defense Cannons
- Cap Drain
- Warhead Countermeasures
- Two service hangars near the rear of the vessel provide access for maintenance ships, shuttles, and other non-combat vehicles.
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: Average
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast
- That's a lot of
FishFuel: Just one of the Ahazi's fuel tanks has an interior area of 58 million cubic meters capable of holding up to 58 billion liters of starship fuel, generally Rhydonium or even highly coveted Coaxium. In total, the Ahazi-class could haul 348 billion liters of starship fuel.
- No Weapons: Because most of the Ahazi is fuel pods and the coolant systems needed to keep the volatile fuel stored within from combusting, there wasn't much room on the four-kilometer long vessel except point-defense cannons and antimissile octets.
- Pierce the Tank and we all Die: Though each fuel tank is reinforced with thick armor plating and multi-layer shielding if even just one of the tanks is pierced by an enemy ship, the entire Ahazi and every ship within sight risks being blown to atoms.
Fuel is the lifeblood of starfleets.
Without it, an intergalactic government would no longer be able to protect and police its territories. They would have no defense against foreign governments, marauders, and any other external threat. Thus protection and thorough distribution of starship fuel is a high priority for a government like the Sith Empire, which has been expanding ever since it had been formed on the fortress-world of Bastion.
With such a great emphasis placed on conquest and territorial acquisition, the Empire has amassed one of the largest starfleets of the modern era with over a thousand star destroyer class vessels and tens of thousands of smaller support ships. The fuel requirement for this vast armada was staggering and the Empire often found itself in a scramble for new sources of fuel, even going so far as stripping entire worlds down to their cores.
Distributing this monstrous quantity of fuel was another issue entirely, but the engineers of the Empire eventually concocted a massive four-kilometer fuel hauler that could transport a large amount of starship fuel across the Empire's territories.
They dubbed it the Ahazi.