Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Against the Law

Trextan would have ignored her warning, but for one word.

"Don't?" he asked with mild amusement. Even though he had no idea that she had empathic talent, he still grabbed his imagination back under control when she emerged. As if she would be able to see them through his eyes.

He waited until she was up front and mostly out of sight. It was a problem with such a small ship, but it was all he had. He did, at least, manage to tidy the kitchen surface quickly. The living space was about as tidy as it had been for some time.

"At least you won't have the adventure of my flying again," he called out as he closed the door. There was a click and the soft hum of the sonic.

Then Trextan went particularly quiet. With luck, her walls wouldn't be assaulted by the increasingly specific imagery and sudden build in feelings.

The ship continued on its mapped out flight path, the vast emptiness of space having no cares for the minor tribulations of two people traversing the endless void.

j8ABDpR.png

Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag
Tags: Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker

The callout didn't help her current state of mind. Her face turning a darker pink as she shut her mouth and moved away with haste.

The only calm in the silent storm she had been allowed.

"So far it hasn't been, uh. Horrible. I wouldn't write home about it but," Hands fiddling with the boots before the storm continued on, blinking rapidly as if her vision had blurred. The slight shift in her seat making the situation worse. "Definitely not writing home about it."

Adjusting in the seat again as the ship became deathly quiet. The projected flight path on the screen blinking and beeping as it passed certain points.

T R E X T A N
Conspicuous silence rolled on, before a flash of heat through the Force and Trextan resumed talking again.

"Once we've got my droid back," he said, slightest trace of strain there, "We could land on New Cov actually. Lots of space there for training."

"How are you with weapons? Blasters?"

j8ABDpR.png

Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag

The silence drug on, at least until the tension drained from her and Trextan spoken up. Hurriedly slipping her boots on and fumbling before realizing he wasn't coming out just yet.

A gusty sigh before she hollered back.

"Wanted to try them. But. Well. Padawan training isn't with so much against blasters," She grumbled, offering something else. "I was pretty decent with hand to hand though. I'm pretty mean with a stick."

T R E X T A N
One eyebrow arched upwards at that comment. He let the sonic finish lifting the new sheen of sweat from his flushed skin before flicking it back off.

"Lots of times a good reliable blaster is essential," Trextan said. "I'll show you how to use one properly."

He slipped out if the refresher, bundling things up and heading smartly for the back of the ship. He would have been utterly mortified to know how transparent his projected imagination had been.

"I'm going to, um, finish giving the place a quick tidy," he called forwards. "And I'll see what spare blasters I have."

j8ABDpR.png

The mention of using a blaster properly was met with an all to excited wiggle in the chair. More often than not they had been trained against using blasters, but even she saw the potential plus side of using one.

"Sweet." Came the tiny blurb of excitement as she finished dressing.

His in and out of the shower making her head dip forward to gather her expression. She dared not look back at him just yet, still silently enjoying the bliss. Her legs stubbornly cooperating against her wishes.

"Yeah! Alright." Clearing her throat and leaning back a little more in the chair. A bit more time to get her own imagination in order.

tumblr_op54ysrOyA1v4vejdo3_500.gif

"You have been assigned a docking bay, slaving circuits and bringing you in now."

There was an audible sigh of relief. He could land in a docking bay, but not without doing minor damage to his own spine and frightening a few dock workers.

"Let's hope they fixed up DG properly," Trextan said. He could see the docking bay now. The tall station was like a silver knife in space. The wide rectangular door to the bay could have swallowed a heavy freighter. A number of other personal transports littered the floor, no obvious pattern to how they were set down. He kept his hands on the controls in case the slave circuit malfunctioned.

He'd tried to leave Lossa with her thoughts for a little of the trip. She'd been able to make a holocall home and he'd tried not to listen to hear how she described the current situation.

He had also continued to clean.

The ship touched down gently and he reached overhead to power down everything.

"Good to get out the ship, yeah?" he asked.

j8ABDpR.png

They'd be landing under someone else's power.

A sigh of relief escaping them both as her eyes gave Trextan a sidelong stare. This was a blessing really given she wasn't entirely sure about how truthful he'd been in describing his flying skills. Not entirely sure she wanted to experience the matter firsthand with his descriptions.

He'd allowed her some privacy at least given the cramped interior, and for that she spared him a few observations as he kept his hands on the controls.

She'd made her call, parents both relived to hear from her in so long. Wondering how her training was going before getting to the root of their concern. Flashing the bag uselessly as she made sure to mention all was well and she was pursuing a particular study away from the temple for a while.

Delivered in such a way to dissuade them from making calls.

Forced confidence perhaps. Or her growing unease about Denon that made her question a great many things. About the Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi.

Thoughts for another time as she felt what counted for solid ground reach up to greet them in her book. Undoing her buckle before giving him a thumbs up.

"Yep. Be nice to stretch the legs somewhere new and not being chased." She grinned, feeling much more at ease than before.

An inkling of doing some shopping while they were out if they didn't have to make any great escapes this time still danced in her mind as she donned the jacket.

"Anything beside your droid we need?"

"Yep. Be nice to stretch the legs somewhere new and not being chased." She grinned, feeling much more at ease than before.

"Good," he said honestly.

Trextan could be awkward, but sometimes it was easy to express his feelings. It was as simple as a single word. After seeing everything Lossa had gone through during and after the lockdown, he was glad to see her breathing easily.

He would be glad to get a bit of space. The ship had never quite quite so small.

"Anything beside your droid we need?"

"Bit of food," he said as he slapped the button to lower the ramp. It hissed, the hydraulics needing more greasing on the starboard side.

"But I didn't exactly make much money on Denon so I can't promise anything that doesn't get rehydrated. Won't have much after paying the Anzellan's for DG."

j8ABDpR.png

The feeling of ease seemed to spread between them in the moment, her arms outstretched and pulling at the sleeves of the jacket that didn't quite fit right.

The hydraulics of the lift catching her attention with a snap of her head that way. A split second of anxiety about the ship as though she was responsible for the sound. Which was ridiculous in every right but the feeling was shaken easily.

She thought on the food topic, narrowing her eyes before shrugging.

"I can get the food at least. Just worry about the droid." No hint of dishonesty about her in regard to securing food as she lagged behind and stretched her legs.

Taking something close to a half step more to keep up with him even at a lazy pace.

"Anyway. We'll have to figure out a way to secure some funds then." Her steps turning into a hoppong-skip in equal pace with him. Unusually fluid motions as she bounded beside him. "I got a stipend from the temple for Jedi stuff, but I don't want to wax it too much."

"I just kinda meant that there wasn't gonna be nerf steak on the trip," Trextan said. "But I know someone who might have some work."

She seemed to skip merrily along beside him. Trextan got the sense that she wasn't a personality that wanted to be contained in a small ship.

He smiled, but tried to hide it. He turned a corner and then knocked on a door.

"Mind where you step, alright?"

The door slid open and Trextan took a first careful step inside. There was a maze of little mesh walkways and stairs built around the tables and he was certain the anzellan's changed them around between every visit.

"Hey guys," he called out.

A series of tiny faces turned their way. Friendly sounds from all directions and waving arms.

a603e0e6980a6ac496a48005c4fdc60281b2c30c.gif

"Is my DG unit finished?" Trextan asked.

"Yeah all donsie," called out one. It out down its hyperspanner and hopped onto a walkway, padding slowly towards his piloting droid.

"Baaad chip. No good. No good," it continued on.

debd44j-cb2630ad-b41b-4dad-98ec-434431e8f16e.png

j8ABDpR.png

"Nerf steak was always a bit chewy to me so I think that's for the better." She frowned, but the hint of humor lingered in the corners of that frown.

The hope of work was at least a positive as they stopped at a door. Her gaze fixed briefly on it before looking up and down the street. The space didn't seem to quite match her idea of a shop, but then again-

His words cut through the thought as the door slid open and revealed what she figured was someone's hobby. Not the walkways of the most adorable looking and sounding creatures in the galaxy.

She paused in the doorway as Trextan spoke, certain she was going to have to stay outside or risk trying to take one of the workers on their trip.

"Oh. Fethin. Force. I-" Words cut off as she did her best to only look with her eyes and not with her hands at the creature that seemed to be headed for a very rotund droid. "Trextan. Please. Names."

The idea of identifying them might have helped dissuade her from picking them up and treating them like a stray loth-cat rather than dedicated workers plying their trade.

"Erm, I don't know anzellan all that well..." he apologised, seeing the wonder in her eyes. Trextan knew enough to barter and they got by on a bit of broken basic between them.

What he didn't say was that he had a bit of trouble telling the small colony of anzellan apart.

"Mee-a Dram Gu!" called Dram as he climbed up a little staircase to the top of DG. A smattering of anzellan was spoken and the others paused in their welding and wiring.

"Gat Jee."

"Monna Btoota."

"Lianta Jee!"

They all announced their names with some gusto before resuming their work.

Dram tapped on DG and the droids head lifted up. It swivelled and looked up at Trextan.

"You good DG?" he asked.

"Diagnostics report no issues."

The droid was low on the sentience scale. There was very little personality to speak of.

"Alright, we said forty?"

"Fifty! Bad chip. We buy!"

"Oh come on surely..."

"Fifty!"

Trextan sighed. Clearly the anzellan were not the bartering type.

j8ABDpR.png

The anticipation was eating her alive as he explained the situation. Understandable really since she hadn't ever encountered them either. But even knowing this didn't stop the slight dip in her smile.

Until they all started speaking.

The bright shine of her eyes as each spoke seeming to grow more and more as they went back to their work. Her hands coming together with giddy excitement as she let her eyes dart between them.

"Dram Gu, Gat Jee, Monna Btoota, Lianta Jee." A wide smile appearing as she recited their names before looking around in plain wonder. The bartering came up, and even through the cheer she managed to come up with something to hopefully help him with the price.

"Trextan! You didn't tell me about this place?" She was unabashed about her excited volume as she gave him a playful shove. "I'm telling everybody about this place. Shoot, I'm coming back here!"

While it was intended as a way to curry favor, she really was planning on coming back with even the tiniest problems with her own droid just to watch them work.

Honest excitement in her emotions as it began to slowly permeate the air.

T R E X T A N
"Heee-eey prettay ladaay!"

"Bringadawork."

"And credits."

There was a collective round of laughter before another spat of their bubbly language before the work continued.

Babu_Frik.jpg

Trextan was grinning. It was not something he usually did as he handed over more credits than he'd budgeted for.

"Bay four DG. Head back and check the ship's computers."

"Understood."

DG started to waddle off.

"Oh and this is Lossa, don't set an alarm if she comes back to the ship."

Last edited:

j8ABDpR.png

Her skin itched with the sheer force of will it was taking for her to not take one of them into her hands and run away with them.

"You know it!" All the more she could manage as Trextan dealt with DG. Turning to wave to the droid as its owner made sure to inform it of her continued presence.

"That would have been a fun spot of trouble." Sarcasm heavy as she wondered what kind of alarm could have been implied. It seemed a rather... straight forward droid build.

But her total knowledge on electronics and the like was enough to let her swap a power cell safely.

"Food time?" She didn't exactly leave much choice in the matter as she skipped outside. More for the Anzellan's continued safety than need to fill her stomach.

T R E X T A N

"He would have beeped very loud at you and rung my comm. It wouldn't have been much trouble. Actually it would have been funny," he said as he stepped out of the room.

DG was meandering away down the corridor. He let a slight concern that the droid would get lost. Assuming the logic circuit that had just been refitted was new or functional he would be fine. Failing to navigate a route was why he had been here in the first place.

"Yes, food," said Trextan with a little too much enthusiasm. He was always hungry.

"I'm betting you don't have quite enough credits to buy a broken droid just to take him back to the anzellans?" he asked with a wry smile.

j8ABDpR.png

The details of DG's alarm system were... not above expectations she concluded.

Her imagination running wild given the wealth of possibles. But then again. She had to consider the ship, and the rather dry way the droid spoke. Something as wiry as a combat capable droid that functioned as a pilot was something she might have seen around the temple.

"Rings your-Does he do more than ring you? Like, gives you details? Or you just kind of, come back blind and hope for the best?" A strange sense of wonder and worry about the matter as she thought a bit more about it.

Something to keep in mind for her own she supposed.

The reassurance that they were headed for food didn't seem to add to the already impossibly high sense of giddy energy about her.

"Good good. Have to get something new while I'm out this way." Whether a new planet or station, she always wanted to try something local or new to her. And this was a good as any chance for that.

The question about buying a droid to get fixed making her cackle.

"Not after I get mine back from Denon. Therapy droid, so I think he'll just get shipped back to the Coruscant temple." The thought giving her a new worry as she wondered what data the droid might have had on it. "I hope."

"DG could explain down the comm line, not that he's the best at describing a situation."

Trextan smirked. He played out the scenario where DG called in the threat of Lossa being the intruder and tried to imagine how he'd react. Help, a zeltron is eating your food.

The flutter of amusement rode easily on the Force.

The turned into a wide corridor lined with small food stalls. Most had a few tables and chairs scattered in front of them.

"Come on, choose something quick," Trextan said. He was starving the moment the mix of scents struck him.

"What's a therapy droid?" he asked, with all the subtetly of a turbo laser.

j8ABDpR.png

The thought of his droid giving him what amounted to bare bones didn't seem to do proper justice to his expression.

Maybe after the bones had been boiled down for broth and thrown to the hounds was more appropriate. The flutter of amusement was met and matched as she pondered her own amusing scenario.

Help, I am trapped in the ship.

"Your droid seems, focused, at least." A wry smile appearing as they turned the corner to find a stretch of vendors and seating down the way.

She hadn't realized how truly hungry she was until the smell of cooking hit her. A distressed grumbling of her stomach announcing them. The smile fading as she looked down to the source of betrayal.

"I didn't give you permission to speak." She huffed, looking away from Trextan in amused shame at a few of the offered goodies. Her skipping changing to a determined and measured pace as she paused to taste the air around them for emotions.

One in particular seemed to have an air of ease around it alongside something familiar. It wasn't just the open cookers making the warm feeling as she settled on the stall occupied by two small beings. One happily playing a tune sitting toward the back and humming while the other was wiping their hands and watching a pan sizzle.

Taking a seat, she pulled the other out for Trextan and tapped the spot to hurry him up.

Both greeted them with a nod before speaking.

"What'll it be?"

"Something from your home please!" Lossa bubbled. A surprised stare before a smile appeared.

"I can do that. Gimme just a bit." The bearded being nodded smartly and set about the task with some pep to his step. A moments pause as she smiled to them before frowning at Trextan.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-. Anyway." She rubbed her hands together before sitting a bit more straight in the chair. "Skid is my mini-mech and got assigned after I had a, medical incident. They wanted to make sure I did as told. Programmed him to be pretty pushy to make sure I did my breathing exercises and other stuff."

Hands never stopping their contact as her fingers nervously ran over each other as though they had never met before. Her eyes following the small lines made when the skin creased and folded in their idle motions.

The start of slowly rocking in her chair as she explained another idle thing she had no control over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom