Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Against the Law

"That was an odd pause before you said intensive care," Trextan said.

Another set of stairs led them to a locked glass door. There was a locked chain a rounded the handles. He squeezed the padlock with his artificial hand until the shank broke off.

"Odd choice if you were covering for being locked up in a juvinile detention or something," he reflected without looking at her.

There was a walkway to the next building, but it had large open windows. A passing airspeeder would see them. Technically, he supposed they would still be indoors.

"Let's wait until the next patrol speeder passes."

j8b0I9s.png
Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag
Tags: Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker

"You don't seem the pity party type." Came the blunt reply.

The locked door ahead of them opened with a useful bit of robotic enhancement. Humor sliding into the air around her as a question buzzed in the back of her mind.

"You have pressure sensors in that thing, or like, do you just make sure to keep from the tender bits?" A chuckle that was difficult to keep from coming out causing her lips to thin with effort.

His reflection on covering up for juvenile detention making the effort more difficult.

"I wish. I wouldn't need a pharmacy check in every week that way." She frowned, pausing at the large series of windows along the corridor. His mention of letting the speeders pass earning a nod from her.

"Probably a good idea." She leaned against the wall, watching him briefly as she tilted her head.

"So what. You uh, like actually a jedi, or just, figuring things out?" Curiosity turned to him as they waited.

"Pity party?" he said. It was a phrase he hadn't heard before.

Even in the half light, he visibly blushed at what she then asked.

"It has, erm..." Trextan started, before shutting his mouth. He chastised himself for being flustered, instead of ignoring the question. He gave far too much away by stumbling over the question.

Apparently she wouldn't take his teasing about being a sith without striking back.

"I'm a Warden of the Sky," he said firmly, finding some solid ground. "I'm not a Jedi, I'm not a sith."

He heard the repulsor whine of an airspeeder and remained fairly still.

j8b0I9s.png
Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag

"Pity party. Like feel bad in excess for people." She gave her own opinion of it. At first uninterested in his response.

At least until she caught the flustered emotion dancing in the air.

Her face whipping around to clearly stare at him with a look. She couldn't pin down if she was surprised, or intrigued by the idea.

"Oh force it does. Ha!" She lauded what was supposed to be a pithy remark in her own mind. Her face showing unbridled intent as she pointed at his arm. "Does it-"

Cut off by his affirming that he was neither sith or jedi.

"Neither one?" Caught up on where exactly he fell on the light and dark spectrum to plunge down the other rabbit hole at the moment. The subtle whine of repulors missed until she saw him go still.

"Don't think I'll forget that." She pressed herself against the wall, out of sight of the windows while making a gesture at him.

Her fingers pointing to her eyes and then directed at him as the airpseeder began to emerge. Light flooding the walkway and scanning back and forth.

Feeling bad for people? No one had ever really told him that he had an overabundance of empathy. He supposed that wasn't the same as pitying people too vocally. Trextan gave himself a mental shrug at the matter.

Trextan watched the alternating beams of light and shadows swing across the abandoned office space. The airspeeder had a megaphone and was projecting more warnings for citizens to stay off the streets.

He sighed and looked back across at Loxa.

"Shall we get through all the usual things? I lost my arm to a deranged sith with a lightsaber, its made of phrik, it can run out of battery and no I can't turn off the sensors and pretend it's someone else's hand."

Trextan turned and stepped onto the bridge. He glanced to the right, watching the engine of the air speeder as it continued away from them.

j8b0I9s.png

The warnings to civilians drew her attention for a brief moment, earning a rude gesture thrown towards the airspeeder from behind the safety of their hiding place.

She'd seen plenty of corporate mercies thrown about for one lifetime, and wasn't keen on seeing it again.

His sigh drawing her back as he explained some details about his arm. Her eyes narrowing as he explained a bit about their previous topic.

"That sucks. The phrik part is cool though." Her mind going wild at the potential jokes about the material and its uses as she tried to not giggle too loud at the mere thoughts.

She poked her head around the doorway as he moved forward, watching the speeder begin to peel off.

"So like. Wardens of the Sky. What are they about? You said not jedi or sith. Just kind of like. A decent people group thing or," She spoke while following behind him. "You do like, I guess, sky stuff?"

"No, not really. Space stuff."

He shook his head.

"Don't, I've already questioned it. We generally travel around trying to keep the space lanes free and open for people to use. The space ports too, but it's beyond me to deal with this shit storm," he said.

The opposite building was larger, more open. At some point not long ago it had been a warehouse. The shutters on the far side below them probably led straight out into a street. The alarm on the wall had been disconnected.

There was a small office space. Most of the tables and chairs were still there, but there were dark patches on the stained carpets where filing cabinets had been.

"So you live here or...?"

Trextan sat his bag down and slumped into a wheeled chair. He reminded himself not to say 'or zeltros'. It was clear he wasn't the most comfortable with small talk with strangers.

j8b0I9s.png

The clarification of being space bound made more sense for what they did. And she opened her mouth to comment on the name Sky Warden being a bit misleading. But sparing it a second of thought had her closing her mouth again. Especially as he commented about not asking.

Space Warden didn't really have the same ring to it.

"I don't think there's enough people to deal with this one proper anyway." Her simmering irritation about the whole mess brought up once more as she touched the bandage across her nose.

Scrunching her mouth up to bring it into the peripheral of her eyes when she figured it was properly settled once more.

Her gaze flowing across the space they were in now, spying the arrangement of desks and chairs. Intently looking for windows that might be peered into before watching him settle into a seat and lobbing a question her way.

Her best grin appearing as she found a wheeled chair that had at least decent wheels to work with and plopping down into it.

"I guess Coruscant. Padawan bunks. But I like to couch surf really. Wouldn't call Coruscant home if it wasn't for," She shrugged. "I guess being, required, to be there."

Her eyes narrowed in thought suddenly, pulling her jacket off to pull the Sling Bag out and gingerly setting it on the floor to pick through.

"Where's home for you? Starship is my first guess. You uh," Her hand pulling out a datapad and swiping a few times with a silent curse lobbed at it. "You don't seem the settle in one place type."

A canteen emerged from the Bag, along with a small sealed container that hissed lightly when opened. Pulling a few small Capsules from it as she mulled on something quietly with a visible bob of her head side to side.

"My sister still lives on Coruscant with her family," Trextan replied. "My father lives on tatooine now and I spend some time there as well. Otherwise I'm on the move."

"That's a handy bag," he remarked after watching her carefully for a few seconds.

Trextan looked away, deciding that there was something private about her taking her medicine.

He kicked off his boots and crossed his arms over his chest. Trextan was used to catching sleep where he could and had done so in rain filled trenches before.

"Get some sleep when you can. Hopefully we can just walk to the spaceport in the morning. You got verified ID in case they're still locked down?"

j8b0I9s.png

The way he phrased his sisters situation confused her for a brief second. A small nod when she realized it meant she was married rather than staying with their family. The mention of living on Tatooine made her scrunch her brow and blink.

"Tatooine's pretty out of the way. Good place to take a rest I guess." She commented quietly, the mention of her bag drawing out a wry smile.

"It's my lifeline. My mom gave it to me. It's been," She visibly thought once more, eyes flickering back and forth. "Nine, ten? Almost eleven years and three straps. Plus some patches."

The smile thinning as she pondered its purpose with a sigh.

Popping the pill capsules in her mouth with a quick swig before pulling out sealed pill containers to replace what she'd taken. The motion of his getting comfortable giving her pause as he mentioned the plan for the time being.

"I have my ID. Coruscant verified. Even has a nice little stamp from the temple on it." Her tone less than pleased at the idea of passing through corporate checkpoints. Finishing the resupply, she stashed everything in her bag, fiddling for a while with getting comfortable enough to sleep.

For as much as she had messed around getting comfortable, she fell asleep in three seconds flat with a slight bob of her head to her chest.

"Good place to get sunburned too," he said. He was half tatooine human genetics and did tan, but the sun there was something he couldn't fully get used to. "No one has damned air con either."

He waited an hour after she fell sleep. Trextan had always been better at shouting than listening with the Force, but he stretched out to try and find anyone following their path. No one came for them.

When Lossa woke she would find his dark silhouette against the window. The dawn light etched out rays through the slowly swirling dust behind him.

He didn't turn to face her before speaking.

"It's calmed down a little out there. We're going to get moving. Keep your ID close."

j8b0I9s.png

His final comments about Tatooine had her grinning. And maybe even chuckling quietly. She probably wasn't in any spot to complain about comfort given she had resided in comfort of some variety for most of her life.

Her plunge into sleep was almost silent, at least compared to the lively nightlife outside.

Her light snoring possible given the position of her head towards her chest. Even when he used the force, there was little more than a rousing snort from Lossa as she slept.

Her dream finished with the floor of the coruscant temple falling out from beneath her. Her whole body tensing as her sleepy mind jolted back to reality.

The sudden shifting nearly tossing her from the wheeled chair and onto the ground.

Her bag clutched to her chest, feet resting on a small stack of items that was upset and tossed sidelong from the startled kick of her waking. Bleary eyes scanning to figure out where she was when she heard him speak.

"Calmed down?" Fuzzy brain slowly chugging to life as if the past 24 hours hadn't occurred. It clicked when she looked beyond him to the window.

"Oh. Right." The defeated sound prompting her to produce the ID and pocket it inside the jacket.

She paused long enough to check the datapad, glancing outside before frowning.

"They aren't the greatest, but," Her hand diving into the Sling Bag once more and drawing out a cylinder. Popping the end open and drawing out two capsules. "Breakfast in a pill. Well. Calories, I guess. If you want it."

"I'm good," he said tersely, glancing over his shoulder. He run for longer without eating and they wouldn't do much for hunger pangs. They would get to the ship quickly and then he could eat once they were off this horrible planet.

He turned from the window. The roads were relatively clear. It was still a couple of hours before commuters would take to the roads, hoping that the lockdown had been eased.

Trextan hadn't expected to have to carry out a rescue, but he couldn't have done nothing. No matter how many times he made a mess of a situation, he had to act.

"How are you feeling? We're just going to briskly walk to the spaceport, show ID if we need and let me deal with anyone who tries to stop us. Alright?"

j8b0I9s.png

She shrugged at the refusal, swiftly taking both for herself and fishing out the canteen once more before replacing everything.

His question directed to the rather tired looking Zeltron as she gave a lackluster thumbs up.

"I'll live." She'd be better once they were burning fuel leaving the corpo authorities behind them. "I haven't been through worse, but feth this has been... "

"Eye opening." A wide eyed sigh escaping as he laid out the plan.

"I like this plan. Let's just hope it holds up." Her hand making sure the identification was still in its pocket before standing and stretching.

Putting her jacket on overtop the bag once more and looking to him to lead the way. When he took off, she wasn't more than a step behind him.

Not bothering to look around or acknowledge anyone that might still be on the street as she fiddled with the bandage one last time.

"It'll hold up," he said.

Not because he was certain, but because giving her hope seemed the right thing to do. She'd been chased through the street by security forces. If it had been an eye opening experience, she might have expected corpsec to be protecting people.

Trextan had heard that there was more corruption on Denon than most places. Now he'd seen it first hand.

He offered her a small smile as he turned for the door.

"Come on then."

The streets were quiet. In the small hours of the morning, even on a world like Denon, there was hardly anyone travelling for work.

"Why did you end up on the streets during lockdown?"

j8b0I9s.png

A grim but determined smile appeared at his assurance.

Even if her usual plans didn't seem to hold up at first contact, she was at least with someone that was more than capable. And full of surprises. That certainly didn't hurt.

Especially with all the unpleasant surprises that had been piling up for the past day and some.

He led the way out, earning a nod as they stepped outside to begin their exit off world.

Even being so early in the morning, it seemed eerily quiet. Then again, the citizens already knew better than to test corpo authority more than likely. Something she had to learn the hard way.

The question lobbed her way earned him narrowed eyes and a frown.

So much for staying quiet.

"I came here looking for some away time from the temple. And maybe running from some temple trouble I may or may not have caused." A tiny shrug coming from her as she kept her eyes forward.

"One of the masters there has uh. Thermal, vision. And I may have found. Thermal paint. And put hands on the wall. With said paint." She scratched her cheek with a grin, looking away as she tried to keep from cackling at the thought of Valery Noble Valery Noble finding more of her hand prints in odd places around the temple.

"But. The person I was staying with. Was in with. Questionable, people. Something I learned after the fact," Her gaze returning forward as she sighed. "Not a bad person themselves. But. I guess. Bad enough to have a grenade thrown at us."

Her hand unable to resist the urge as it crept up and touched the banagade.

Trextan nodded, mulling over the explanation in stern silence. He had started the conversation but now seemed reticent to keep it moving at a comfortable pace.

The people chasing Lossa had not been taking the event entirely serious. Nothing about them suggested they thought they were about to capture a hardened criminal. They were bullies who thought the chase would be a bit of fun.

It sounded as if she had been mixed up with the wrong sort at the start of the lockdown, putting her on the run. And - apparently - dodging grenades.

"So how rude was what you painted for your Jedi Master?" he asked, deciding to focus on that rather than dig into anything else.

j8b0I9s.png

"It wasn't rude at all." She grumbled."Was a mural of a nature spot a friend and I visited before we went to the Coruscant temple."

She frowned deep, a defeated sound the preamble to her next words.

"Coruscant is a duracrete jungle. Nothing natural without traveling to the lower levels or the reserves to see a tree." Her hands animated as she spoke with mounting frustration. "We wanted the other padawans to have even just a little bit of something. Other than gray I mean, to see in the hallways."

She scowled as she let her eyes slide over to him.

"And even my petty bullchit was just my whole hand in thermal paint on the wall. Something only one, maybe two people, could see." There was no mistake about the smile she wore now.

"That was supposed to be irritating."

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Trextan gave a small shrug. He was both amused at what she had done and slightly dissapointed at how tame it all sounded.

"I'm sure you're not in much trouble at all," he said.

"We didn't cause much trouble at the Sith Temple," he said. "They made sure of that."

His back still carried the scars that told those stories.

He offered a small smile from one corner of his mouth. Her story had earned that much, at least.

"They'd probably be more annoyed to find out you were here with 'the wrong kind of people'," he said, without thinking about how much such an offhand comment might stress Lossa out.

j8b0I9s.png

She frowned at the dismissal of her troubles. Then again, if he had been part of a Sith temple, there was likely a large gap as to what he might have considered trouble. Or those teaching him might have considered trouble as well.

"Probably not." She had to admit to the fact, given the worst punishment had been cleaning up what had been put on the wall. Her eyes sliding over to him at the mention of not causing trouble. The thought prior still lingering as he added to his statement.

Her lips thinned at the idea of what the Sith might have considered a proper punishment for stepping out of line.

Eyes coming to rest on the false arm.

A sigh escaping her as he mentioned the idea of being found out. Of her presence here on Denon coming to light. The ground suddenly seeming like an interesting thing to look at while she tried to cook up any other story than the truth.

"Oh yeah. No," Her head shaking a little before turning to him. "Not headed back there until this all. Cools off."

Her hand waving in the general direction of the street and buildings around them. The hand fell to her side, thoughts now focused on how quickly the story would get back to those with a particular interest in her well being.

"Feth. Feth." Her voice edging towards panic as she blinked, settling into a contemplative stare at him. Seeming to weigh whatever idea had flitted into her head silently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom