Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AfterOssus (Avalore)

Meta didn't like the idea of being outside his gear, however he had sustained many wounds during Ossus. Those being, thirteen blaster scorches sustained all over his body ranging from arms to legs to chest. Several numb and dead nerves due to an abusive use of force lightning. Several bits of teared up skin due to debris and a bruised jaw, chest and back. Meta gritted his teeth, his bare physically perfect body showcased for everyone to see and the colossal amount of scars that covered his body to near mutilation.

His deep yellow eyes had a primal hunger behind them, however few were so observant as to see. However, Meta sat silently. He would have been healed up in a bacta tank by now. But due to the pins and needles like sensation that had ran through his body, a few nerves had been left dead; and a bacta tank wouldn't fix that. However, a talented young healer could.

Meta sat awaiting the arrival of his 'nurse' restless he sat on the cold white sheets of the bed below him. His legs shivered as he looked upon there bruised uneven format. If anything, he had one thing to look forward to. That being the reaction the healer would provide him with when they found their 'patient' to be; well, what Meta was. A large physically massive man, Meta returned to the situation at hand as the healer's presence had arrived.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

The door to Meta's room within the Hospital wing of the temple hissed open, permitting the robed figure of Avalore Eden as she backed in rear-first, tugging along her medic's cart full of useful medic's tools and things.

"Hola, amigo," the woman exclaimed over her shoulder, watching as she turned to wheel the cart around so that she stationed it between herself and the bed. Picking up a datapad she scrolled through his charts, eyebrows raising as the extensive list of injuries. She stared at it, nonplussed, and decided to see for herself.

Avalore set the pad down and gave him a good look-over. What followed was a long whistle.

"You look like crap," she nodded, "bet you feel like crap, too. Not too worry," the Healer fixed her hands together and stretched, cracking the knuckles, "I'm mostly pretty good at this. Not like I can do anymore damage."

@[member="Meta "]

"Honestly, don't feel much of anything." Meta shrugged, flexing and sitting up properly, he looked dead at the girl. His augmented ears picking up something strange. Two heartbeats. "...." He remained silent, tilting his head getting a good look at the female before him. He could see the bump. "....?" He remained silent again, though his gaze narrowed as he focused on her through the force. He could sense the child, no wonder she was a healer. He had heard she had been on Ossus, with child? Admirable. Yet foolish.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Well ain't you just a regular Evey Hammond," Avalore quipped, eyeing the man as he openly snooped after what was likely her reputation, and rumor, that preceded her.

Put-upon, she pushed the cart aside to give the man a clear view of the proof he was after. That six-month belly was easily surpassing bump - more like a burgeoning mountain.

"Well now that we got that out of the way, let's get your started with some fresh bacta patches, eh?" With a derisive snort she began pulling the bacta parcel out of a small cooling unit at the bottom of her cart. Avalore wasn't sure what she had expected. It wasn't as if the Jedi here were going to treat her any differently than those on Corellia. Tray loaded, she set herself up at the left side of his bed and began going about her business of cleaning surface wounds and applying patches.

@[member="Meta "]

Meta didn't flinch or reply to her remark. He winced a little as her small hands touched his wounds, however it wasn't all bad. At least he was getting fixed up, and none the less he could sense the thoughts of the healer. Just to prove her wrong, he spoke. "How'd that happen?" He asked, a slight sense of tease in his voice. Otherwise simply genuine curiosity and concern. However, he had turned his focus to her now completely. Looking over to her as she patched him up, an eyebrow raised as he out forward his question. A small, but noticeable smile on his face.

Meta was attempting to appear as nice and caring as possible. As he had learned to do so through his fellow jedi, also not to judge too harshly. Avalore being a prime example of this.

"I ate a watermelon seed a few weeks ago," Avalore stated casually as she picked up his leg with firm but careful hands and inserted his foot into a sling to keep it aloft. Bacta patch applied, she reached for gauze and set to work securing it with a wrap.

"Wouldn't you know it, the thing grew. Apparently I am the newest wonder of the universe, the girl with a greenhouse in her bodice."

@[member="Meta "]

His features flattened, he pouted. Twitching as she firmly took leg in hand. He didn't know how he felt about her answer, obviously a joke. Or was it? Who k we in this strange world. He leaned back, relaxing fully, but his now not so genuine smile remained as prominent as ever. "Melon seed you say? Sounds exciting, my sister ate a melon seed once." He reminded himself of his sister. Long streaks of red hair, neon blue eyes that sparked and small tender hands, however; he ran from his thoughts almost as soon as they came. "I don't suppose you'll know what it will look like then, sounds exciting." He commented half jokingly.

He turned his head to the girl, his gaze scanning over her body. From head to toe, there was something strange about this girl. Ahh yes, she had a sense of humour, unlike most Jedi in the temple. Meta had the feeling this girl had an interesting story to tell, and he wanted to hear it.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Oh, probably roundish, lumpy," her expression leavened, "squishy I suppose. Like an egg until it hardens."

The woman's eyebrows shot up at some dawning realization. She looked to him, leaning in, her voice lowered to an inscrutable whisper, "Do you suppose I'll be the first Jedi to lay a melon-egg?"

@[member="Meta "]

Meta snorted, but cut it half short by closing his mouth, a smile coming as she leaned in on him. Comically, he gasped. "What would they elders say? What if he was force sensitive? Padawan Melon, Jedi Knight Melon?" Then Meta leaned in a little too. His eyes drawn wide. "Master Melon?!" Meta imagined it, himself rolling the melon into battle. All the troops didn't know what to expect as the melon used the force to repulse them all. He sniggered at the thought. Smiling at the girl.

He had never caught her name, but she was pretty. Except for the bowling ball under her shirt. He would ask after the conversation had lost its comedy, but for now it was still in full force.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

Avalore snorted into a laugh that she attempted to control by planting the back of her free hand against her mouth. This guy was all right.

"Haha," she stammered, pulling her lips into her teeth, amusement on her face. A long breath through her nose - this was a professional atmosphere, after all - and she released it with a happy, "hmmmmmmm."

"You're fun," the words came over a mushed sort of smile. She sniffed, cheeks pink, and removed his foot from the sling to set his leg back on the bed. One limb down, three to go. Avalore shuffled two feet to her right, tugging her cart along, and began tending to his left arm.

@[member="Meta "]

Meta smiled "Thanks, most people run away before I even get to talk to them." He commented, as if he was thinking about the past. However this was cut short as she moved to his arm, he watched her quietly. "Your fun too." He commented, watching her take care of his arm. He caught onto something, her hands. They were so soft, they were like silk. But, there was something he hadn't asked her yet. "What's your name?" He asked, watching her cover up the burns and blaster wounds on his arm.

Sitting up a bit more, he got a good look at her, pink rosy cheeks, a soft smile. This was quite the opposite of what most people did, but most people he had met so far were guys or thugs. The majority of them felt intimidated, it was nice when somebody wasn't so afraid.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"I don't run," Avalore replied and it was made quite obvious that the physical nature of running while this pregnant was probably quite difficult. More like a lopsided toddling.

"If you ever see me running you should too because something is probably chasing me." They should totally make a shirt that says that. Oh.

She smiled, placing a cool bacta patch upon one of the deeper wounds on his arm, "Name's Avalore Eden, Paddy-Preggo, Healer Extraordinaire, and this," she gestured to her bulbous belly, "is my trusty sidekick, McPuff."

@[member="Meta"]

"I would shake your hand, but I get the feeling McPuff might get a little jealous, seeing as he doesn't have any." He joked. Wresting well, he watched the girl fiddle with backs and the like. He examined his own wounds, it was nasty. But, not as ad as carrying a baby around. "So, when is McPuff due?" Meta asked, raising an eyebrow. Meta had never actually seen a pregnant woman before, and by the looks of it 'McPuff' had been hiding away in Avalore's stomach for a while. He smiled casually at her, stretching his legs he groaned a little.

Looking back over at Avalore, he was confused by her comment regarding running. But, passed it off as an attempt of a joke. "My name is.." He stopped himself, looking down to his chest. His eyes followed hers however. "Astrian Callus, you can call me Cal."

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"How-dee-do, Cal," Avalore grabbed his hand and gave it a hearty shake that was terribly unlady like, "I shake hands if I want to, McPuff ain't the boss of me."

She turned back to her cart and pulled out a second roll of gauze to begin deftly wrapping the patch on his arm, "Bout two months till this party pops. Ain't soon enough. I'm already pulling people into orbit, pretty sure if I get any bigger I'll collapse the gravity well around here."

@[member="Meta"]

"Ha!" He laughed, she had such a strange way of describing things. It was comedic and strange, very strange. But this did not dissuade him from continuing the conversation. "So got any boy/girl names?" He asked, tilting his head in the direction of her bump. Making conversation was making the pain in his body all the less significant; as conversation and a good bit of banter made him forget about the war and its effects I him.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"No," Avalore replied, losing the edge of her smile, "no I don't. Hadn't....hadn't really thought about it."

Finishing up on that arm she spared no effort to linger there, setting about immediately around the end of his bed to the other side, cart rolling along at her heels and settling where she did to tend to his right leg. She lifted this one into the sling just as before

@[member="Meta"]

Meta sensed that he had, screwed up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you Avalore." He said, loosing his own smile and shaking his head in shame. He remained silent as she moved, allowing her to think about what she was going to say, thoughts lingered on his tongue, however he thought it would be best not to ask.

He looked over to Avalore however, his luminescent eyes following every muscle and movement she made. Carefully reading her body language, slowly putting the pieces together.

@[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Ain't offended, Cal," she said as she set about her work, hands nimble but gentle. She was increasingly aware of how bad his wounds were and pondered if he had been in the thick of action just as her newest Master, Diana, was.

"Just figured I'd act in the moment, ya know? Blurt out the first thing that came to mind after I shove out that little bundle of screaming, pooping, placenta-covered life."

She blinked, realizing something, "Your idea's probably better. So let's hear some names."

@[member="Meta"]

"Well...." He pondered, his voice trailing off; he thought deeply for a moment. Biting his lip in concentration. "We'll start off with girl names..." He said, gesturing with his hand. He thought for a moment longer before names popped into his head. "Emma, Surik, Tavion, Toph, Lucy, Felicia, Neveah, Grace, Daisy, Asdra." The last, was his sisters name. He didn't know if she liked any of the names, but didn't give her time to comment as he spoke again. "Um...boys; Janek, Davik, Marcus, Luke, Jake, Jacen, Peter, Alexander, Darren, Logan, Jordan, Cal or possibly Astrian?" The last two were more a joke then anything. His smile reappearing; he watched as Avalore studied his wounds with care. All the damage done in the fight with the Gruag. However, stopping their biggest army had been worth it.

Catching his subtle insert, Avalore shot a smirk at the man.

"That's a lot of names," she remarked, tending to a deep gash in his leg as gently as she could. This one was going to require more than a simple bacta patch. After cleaning it the young Healer set down her things and moved to stand at his side. She rolled up the sleeves of her robes ... twice because they wouldn't stay, and lifted her hands to hover over the gaping wound.

"My grandfather's name was Luca. His wife was Phe," the comment felt odd coming out of her mouth considering how long it'd been since she'd seen either of her grandparents, let alone talked about them. Avalore wasn't even sure why she said it. Perhaps the prompting of the name 'Luke' in his list had uncovered some memories. Some buried thoughts.

She took a deep breath, shook her hands and made a show of cracking her knuckles, "Hold the phone," a sniff and a moment of calming and centering, then Avalore put those skills she'd been a'learnin' and a'practicin' for nearly six months to use.

A cool, tingly sensation came over the wound on his leg. A bit like how it feels after one's arm has fallen asleep and the pins and needles take over while it's waking back up. Eyes shut, brow knit, Avalore focused her energy into the revitalizing powers of the Force. The mystical energy began slowly knitting sinew and muscle back together. Agitated raw, red flesh was soothed to a calm, healthy pink. A wrinkle formed on her brow as she concentrated and then-

"Ohh," Avalore slumped, hands going to her belly, "easy does it McPuff." She winced, the thing could kick like an angry horse sometimes.

@[member="Meta"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom