Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermath of Glory (Tegaea)

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Coryth tried to smile but somehow felt a little trapped not that it showed on her face. But easily readable in her presence in the force. "Well, I'm glad you remember me, but I'm afraid I don't know you. Maybe only in passing, I..." She frowned, "Sorry I'm just not great with putting names to faces." She glanced back to Siobhan, "You're welcome, my duties are in the hospital helping as much as I can. What good is a Jedi Healer if she isn't doing something worthy of the title." Shifting nervously she pulled at her scrubs, trying to calm herself. This was by no means an ideal situation for the little redhead. Not at all!

"I heard the story of what happened, things like that spread like wildfire here ma'am. So, like I said, naturally had to come visit." Much to her annoyance her flushed skin, still didn't seem to be fading. Come on body? Really?! Betray me like this now! Damn you! Glancing once more to Siobhan, there was a look that crossed her features that could only be taken as SAVE ME!!!! But alas she didn't think help would be coming this time. You know .. on call pager, any time now would be AWESOME! Glancing down to it, she frowned. Wishful thinking, I know... She sighed and finally, finally some of the red hue started to fade from her ivory skin. "At least here she has the best care in the galaxy. So with time she'll be good as new."

"Well with me about, I don't think you need to worry about being evicted Mrs. Alcori." Not helping yourself. At all. "None the less, why not? Let's go grab some stimcaf, my shift's over anyway." At least I escape one, I still have to deal with the redhead. Sooo not my day.

She smiled back at Siobhan, a small chuckle coming before she spoke, "Not often? We've running bets on when they'll name a wing after you." Teasing most definitely in her light and lively tone. "Rest well Colonel." She snapped off a quick salute and turned to Tegaea. "We can go to the doctors lounge if you'd like, caf there far better than anywhere else in the hospital."

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"That sounds lovely." They left the hospital room and headed through the halls. Tegaea was aware the doctor, and Jedi it seemed, was embarrassed. She felt a little bad herself for making the girl uncomfortable.

They reached the doctor's lounge and got some stimcaf from the machine. It was better than the hot brown water they'd served in the caferteria.
"I hope I didn't embarrass you too much, Ms @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. Don't take what I said to be a complaint or anything of the sort. I'm very glad you stopped by to help my wife, and your efforts here have been very valuable."

First the carrot, then then the stick. She liked the stick. "I can't help but hear some shouting as I came towards the door. Is there any...issues I need to know about?"

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @Siobhan Kerrigan

Coryth moved slowly along side the Exarch, unsure of how the woman fell into the ranks, but smart enough to know she was well above her pay grade. With the stimcaf in hand she took a sip, trying to ease her own nerves. Oddly enough, not afraid of Siobhan but very much afraid of her wife! Just something about the title, the rank, what Cory had done to Siobhan only moments ago ... She had plenty of reason to fear.

"It's alright ma'am. Truly." Sighing she ran a hand through her hair, already a long night and the morning suddenly felt like a lifetime thus far. Time seemed almost to stop while she was with the Colonel's wife. "It's my fault on that, not yours."

Coryth cringed hearing the next words from Tegaea. Sighing heavily she took a seat, her eyes firmly planted on the ground, that same red hue returning to her skin. "Yeah .. fairly certain half the hospital heard that, sorry." Another sigh, and silence for a moment as she gathered her thoughts. Finally she looked up, "I'm terribly embarrassed for my behavior. But, her recklessness got to me. I care about her. She's been good to me, in that regard with assignments and helping me out and training with me." A shrug followed and once more her eyes were on the floor. "I care very much about every single person who enters the hospital doors. Very much, and it pains me greatly to lose anyone here."

Another sigh. "I've lost so many people in one night, so many slipped through my fingers and not a damn thing I could do to change it." Tears were starting to just barely glisten in the corners of her eyes. But even then a little of the fire was returning though she didn't dare raise her voice. Tegaea was not the cause. Not at all. If anything she was more hurt than anyone else by the matter. "With all due respect Ma'am, the Colonel's recklessness is going to be the death of her and many other good men and women." Slowly she shook her head, before finally looking back up to Tegaea, "I could not in good conscience just go on about my day, without giving her a piece of my mind."

Coryth felt horrible and her own emotions a bit out of control but somehow just barely she kept them under lock and key. Tegaea did not need to feel Coryth's stresses on top of her own. "I just wanted her to understand how lucky she is to still be breathing, because by all rights, she should not be alive right now. A miracle of the force that she is. I don't want her to be the fool that I've been and make the same mistakes. I don't want her to take you or anyone else for that matter for granted. And lastly I don't want to see her perish and watch the fallout through our organization. Admittedly, I was angry, upset, stressed, drained, and hurting. I should have waited, but ... I just couldn't this time. So, for lashing out in angry at your wife, I am sorry. Sorry for any pain I've caused through that but she needed to hear it from someone." She sighed again, sighing far too many times in such a short span of time. Everything in her movements, expressions screamed how much the little redhead cared. Beyond what the majority of those in the medical field did, but she had a way of getting attached to people that could not be helped.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

While these touching words were spoken Siobhan sunk into her bed, feeling tired again. The long speeches had taken quite a bit out of her, her throat felt sore and there no chance of getting a good bottle of whiskey over here. Part of her felt bad for Coryth for the twenty questions session she would face.

Especially since the healer was very...outspoken and she knew how protective Tegaea could be of her. As odd as that might sound considering Siobhan was the one who could pick up a tank with her mind and throw it with great force, but nonetheless Tegaea had always been the stronger one, and most certainly the smarter one. Fact was that throughout their time together Siobhan had been leaning quite heavily on her and gotten the reassurance and support she needed. The whole barrage of redheaded anger was making Siobhan introspective.

She loathed introspection - it tended to end with her doubting herself. Like doubting how deserving she was, especially after causing Tegaea such pain. Fact was...she had almost gotten herself killed. By all rights getting lightened and summoning her own force explosion could have killed her and now she was crippled. Much like after she had started a boarding action against the Bando Gora command ship and butchered way through hordes of Reavers to duel their High Priest, at great cost.

But it also had been tremendous fun. Even with all the agony that had surged through her, the fear that crept upon her, the pain that had been harnessed into a weapon until only sheer adrenaline kept her going, it had been exciting. Exhilarating as she gave the duel her everything, holding nothing back, pitting her power against that of the Sith. The surge of energy coursing through her had been glorious, she had truly felt like the Goddess of Battles. The desolation wrecked across the battlefield had been beautiful, nothing had been spared from the rampage, the rush of combat had been intoxicating.

To put it plainly Siobhan was not sure she could take a step back. Of course, there were ample grounds for her cynical belief that there would always be another war, another skirmish that called her to the frontlines, like blood to a vampire. People were by their very nature murderous, greedy, restless beings, peace was fleeting, just an interval. But that would just be a rationalisation, deep down she fought because she enjoyed it. Only through Omega Pyre that was harnessed into constructive directions. Along with her hatred for Sith, Bando Gora and their confederates, all deserving of death.

It meant being a total wet hen, something she loathed, though she always sank back into it, but part of her did doubt whether she really deserved Tegaea, who had given her so much and frankly been her rock. Only for Siobhan to let her down time and again. She was terrible at keeping her own promises. One might consider it rather self-centred that this was the first thing that sprang to her mind. But Siobhan was only human and fact was that Tegaea was the most important part of her life.

She frowned, tensing, then focused on the remote control lying on a table. Her powers felt diminished, she had to strain hersef, concentrate her mind. The exertion made her feel even more tired, she grimaced in frustration, but finally the remote rose slowly. For a moment it was shaking, as if would fall onto the ground then slowly flew towards her bed, but then fell far ahead of her. So Siobhan had to stretch - with a pained groan - and bend to pick it up, her hand moving with frustrating slowness. She gripped it and pressed a button, flipping through channels.

Fortunately Doctor Osway had been so kind to remove the block on non-PG-13 channels...

@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Coryth's passion was true and forthright. She felt truly for those in her care in a way that Tegaea could find room for only Siobhan. She let her heart go out to everyone, and this was the result.

She smiled and laid a gentle hand on the other redhead's shoulder.
"You're not telling me anything I don't already know, Coryth. My wife...she is reckless, stubborn, spirited and full of a conviction I simply don't have. I know the pain you feel all too well. Every-time she comes back and I have to go to the hospital I can't decide whether I want to cry with relief or cry in fury at her inability to be careful. Every-time she goes off I have a hole in my heart because I have a terrible fear that one day she won't come back. Make no mistake, without someone to stop her, she will kill herself. It doesn't seem to matter what I have said before now...but this time I've had to insist. She's not going out on active operations until I am satisfied she is recovered. That may be some time."

She looked rather sadly at Coryth. "We can only do what we can do, my dear. Siobhan sees herself as a soldier, and she is one of the strongest warriors in the entire galaxy. I am Exarch of the Protectorate; second only to the Lady Protector. How do I reconcile these two things? Do I let my personal fears for her safety override my need to defend this nation against our manifold enemies? Could I do what must be done no matter the cost? I hope I never have to make a choice between the Protectorate and Siobhan. I fear I know the answer already."

She rose. "It was nice meeting you, Master Jedi. Do come by and see us again sometime."

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The gentle hand made her cringe slightly, still adjusting to touch from others. Only a chosen few she trusted with that. But still she managed to look up to Tegaea and nod slowly. At least this conversation slowly seemed to be taking a better turn in her eyes, less painful that the little redhead imagined. But given her own redheaded nature, knew the Exarch contained that same angry power. "I wish .." She paused, sighed, "I wish I could be of more help. Angry words, only do so much. And she.. I worry for her. For you. It's just my nature. I care too much and the situation is now stuck in my heart. It's not something I'll forget."

Though there was something she could do, some small comfort that she could offer the Exarch. "Should extraordinary luck place me by Siobhan's side in the field, I'll watch over her in what ways I can, keep her safe as I can. You're not alone Tegaea. Not at all." Her little grey eyes came up to meet with Tegaea's, "Don't ever forget that. I may not know you well but the least I can do is offer some small comfort that I know I can manage."

Now a slight smile crossed her lips,"And should you need help keeping her pinned down until she's completely recovered? I'm only a com call away." Giving a small nod, she too rose. "A pleasure, Ma'am. And I'm certain I'll be back by to see you both." One last thought crossed her mind, "Oh, if you would like I can have a bed brought to Siobhan's room and make sure the staff allow you to stay regardless of the rules. I think Siobhan needs you right now. I think ... She is beating herself up for hurting you this way, this time. Seems, whatever you said might have gotten to her a little bit."

Reaching into the pocket of her scrubs, Coryth withdrew a small card. On it a simple appointment card, but her name, and vital contact info was on it. Removing a pen, she quick scribbled another number upon it. "In case you need it, any time of day or night Tegaea, you need something, anything at all please feel free to call. Try and make sure she stays in bed for a while, heaven knows she needs it." Then reaching out she handed it to the other redhead. "Take care ma'am." With that Coryth tossed her stimcaf cup away, and started for the door. It was time for the little redhead to go home, rest and try to recover, for in about five hours she'd be awake again, back in the hospital to manage the wounded. Such was the life of a healer.

Tegaea smiled and nodded at @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. "You will never make @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] listen to you with anger. You must be patient with her. She has a heart, she listens if you give her time. I wouldn't have it any other way. However, I will take your offer and have a bed moved in there. I think she could use the company."

Taking the card she offered one in return. "And if you ever need anything from me, anything at all, call me. I will do what I can to help you."

She left the lounge and returned to Siobhan's room where she found her wife watching Game of Stars. "I do hope the hospital food isn't as bad as they say, they're moving a bed in here for me so I can keep you company," she said with a smile, giving Siobhan a kiss.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan turned her eyes from the screen, where incidentally Ahsoka was being less annoying than in a certain series and wearing actual armour instead of some skimpy outfit while hacking up clones, as her wife came in and kissed her. "You don't have to do that for me, you know. I'm a big girl," she said softly in response to the announcement, but then visibly brightened.

"But I'm glad you are. Thanks. You had a chat with Coryth? Girl cares...immensely, perhaps too much. And she's a hell of a lot tougher when pissed off than she looks." It was not every day someone so small ripped a beam from the ceiling and threw it you, after all. She gazed at the screen then back at Tegaea, sighing. "Tegs, I am sorry you know. Well, I say that a lot and I've made lots of promises. I've been...selfish, always leaning on you, expecting you to clean up my mess. "

Tegaea nodded her head and stroked @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s cheek.
"I know dear, and I forgive you. I know sometimes even better than you what you mean, even if you don't say it. You're my wife now, and I wouldn't have married you if I couldn't accept who you were. For my part I apologise for any problems I might have given you over the years. No one's perfect...certainly not me."

"I'll have Anya bring my overnight bag down for when the bed arrives."

At this rate Tegaea was definitely earning a 'most patient wife of the year' award. Was she perhaps too forgiving? Either way it made the fact that back in the day Siobhan had often complained about Adril being extremely self-absorbed rather ironic. Clearly Siobhan was just as much a codependent, self-righteous narcissist as her dead lover.

"No, you're not, but you always manage to make me feel better. I love you," Siobhan said. "I'll make it up to you - I'll try. You know I'm crappy at paperwork and stuff, but once I'm back on my feet I'll try to help any way I can." Siobhan was not Anya, who was brilliant at organisation and logistics and could help Tegaea with her political insights, but after having leaned on Tegaea for so long perhaps she could try and actually be there for her. Assuming Siobhan actually managed to keep one of her promises for a change. "So you got any new developments at work?"

Tegaea gave her a kiss and sat on the chair by the bed. "Nothing major. I've sent your friend Moira on an errand. She's doubtless back by now. She is very...efficient."
There was guarded respect there, but also implicit distrust. She loved @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and trusted her, flaws and all, because she was someone she understood. Moira Skaldi...couldn't be understood. She had no visible human empathy or emotions, and was thus quite unlikeable. Soldier she might be, but Tegaea was at her core a mix of emotion and reason. Moira though seemed to have too little of the former and too much of the latter. Not unlike Maelion.

"I don't need you doing paperwork while you recover, Siobhan. I can find a thousand people who can write reports. What I need you for is testing and evaluating tech, learning how Omega Industries works, and getting together people who can help us design the things which will keep this Protectorate safe. If you're happy to do that I'll have Anya show you the ropes and get you started." She seemed to realise what she'd just said. "Metaphorical ropes," she clarified sternly.

"She's a queen who switches a lot. I trust Maelion more," Siobhan said bluntly. Considering how much she irrationally disliked the HRD, this probably said quite a bit about the disdain she felt for Moira. But then Moira did seem to be in a habit of switching sides whenever it suited her.

Siobhan sighed at the metaphorical ropes. "But I promised her we'd switch some time and I'm not getting any in here," she mock whined, pouting then nodded. One should note that Siobhan's handwriting was appalling. A protocol droid had once classified it as an unknown language. "So...I get to climb the corporate teach ladder. You know...sounds good. Already said at the last boss meeting we need a bigger tank and Hevana might have some old Empire designs lying around. I'll do that."

After all, it was thanks to @[member="Hevana Martin"] that they had anti-force user grenades. The Empire had not been run by nice people, but they had cool toys.

Despite a degree of uncertainty she seemed happy and smiled at Tegaea. It had probably been wise to find a field for her that involved things that went boom. Admittedly Siobhan was partly motivated by guilt over being a burden. "Wait. Does this mean I have to wear a suit at meetings?" Of course Siobhan thought that Tegaea was incredibly hot in a suit!

"It's probably a good idea, though anything relatively clean and decent will do in a pinch. Use your unequalled skills of negotiation to coax information from Ms Martin and others who you feel can help us. I'm holding a meeting with the Lady Protector tomorrow, so anything you find out would be helpful. After that of course, we'll need to look deeper into all these matters and come up with a proper plan."

"I hope I'm not asking too much of you while you're here. If I am, just tell me and I'll assign it to someone else," Tegaea said, concerned.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"Well, you always look hot in one. I'll put the classic Kerrigan style negotiation tactics to good use," Siobhan said with a smile. She listened as Tegaea spoke then quickly shook her head.

"No, no, it's ok. You're real sweet and understanding, you know that? Ain't gonna lie, it's a bit, well, intimidating, but it feels like something I can do right. After all, I know a couple things about making things go bang properly and the seventh season of Game of Stars kind of sucks, so I got something to do!"

“You’ll do great! I’ll send Anya down later to get you started.”

After several years of floundering with bureaucracy, Tegaea seemed to have passed through to the peaceful shallows of understanding. Occasionally a current would distract her progress, but for the most part she had learned to be a leader of government rather than war. Also, this writer likes to push metaphors too far…

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, love. Now I can build a big tank at last," Siobhan laughed, giving Tegaea's hand a squeeze before laying down in her bed. If Tegaea had finally found her place in the world and achieved greatness there, then Siobhan was still trying to find it. She had been a warrior for so long most of the time it seemed to her like she could not be anything else. She was certainly not much of a leader.

Of course, at this juncture she could not know how soon the clouds above them would be darkening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom