Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermath of Glory (Tegaea)

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Moira was already in the conference room when Tegaea arrived. If anything the woman looked even more grim than usual, but she also looked tired. There were dark rings under her bloodshot eyes and she had just been sipping a cup of starcaf when the Exarch stepped in. Still her blue uniform was as immaculate and perfectly pressed as usual, though it clearly looked like she had been working throughout the entire night and perhaps more than one.

"Exarch, thank you for coming," she said stiffly in her clipped tone. "I'll get straight to the point." Someone else might have been more tactful, especially since Tegaea had just seen her wife as a broken mess, but Moira was not a nice person. She pressed a button on a remote control and the holographic galaxy map on the table flared to life. The territory that comprised the Omega Protectorate was marked in burgundy. Interestingly enough the territories of the Black Sun, the Mandalorians, Atrisia, the Fringe and the CIS were all marked in blue.

Moreover, one could make out an arrows from the CIS, Atrisia and Fringe pointing at the the Protectorate, one at Maramere, another at Fondor - with a secondary arrow from the Fringers pointing into the same direction in support - and at Kaeshana through the neutral zone that had been established after Tegaea's negotiations with 'Grand Admiral Karrde' respectively.

"Hostilities between the Empire and the Republic have ceased, we have heard rumblings of negotiations. However, that is not the most significant problem, as useful a chance a prolonged conflict would have been to repair relations by providing troops for the 'Crusade'." As usual Moira was completely practical and saw a galactic war as a good thing.

"The highlighted powers have signed the Ithorian Treaty. Ostensibly a noble venture to achieve 'peace in our time' through a non-aggression pact, a refusal to help any of the other Great Powers if they attack a signatory, open trade, military exchanges and so forth," she reported, disdain dripping from her voice when she spoke the phrase 'peace in our time'. Peace, puppies and apple pie, all those things really bored her.

"On the positive side, this would cut the Empire off from support from all neutrals. However...it has very strong anti-Protectorate implications. We are sandwiched between the Republic and the three lesser powers. Encircled really. The Fringers are aggressively eating up the Unknown Regions, their support for Atrisia - as minor as they are - at Rakata Prime hints at a possible agreement to eat up the region." Moira had been with the Atrisian forces during the conquest, where suddenly a big fleet had attacked them, and sent a report to the Protectorate after.

"An army coming out of fighting the horrors and savages will be battle-hardened and eager for spoils...and the Protectorate has many any conqueror would claim." Such as bacta, the shipyards of Sluis Van, Fondor and Sullust, tibannax mines on Bespin, vine silk on Belsavis.

"As for the CIS...presently we have no agreement with them and the temptation would be strong, given that we're an avenue of expansion and the treaty bars them from attacking the Black Sun. Especially since the Protectorate has no allies since Polis Massa. The signatories have pledged to military cooperation and unity. We cannot discount the possibility of a concerted attack by the CIS, Fringe and AE in the future - with the Fringe being the driving force. It is rapidly arming their arsenal with weapons made for great war - not just localised brushfire conflicts. In such situation the Protectorate's forces are spread thin."

The map's colours shifted, highlighting potential partition zones. Apparently Moira had spent a long time working on this. Did she ever do anything other than work? She raised her cup, hand trembling slightly, perhaps from stress and from already drinking too much of the already lukewarm brew, and gulped it down.

@[member="Moira Skaldi"]’s words had been somewhat prophetic, since a looming crisis was about to threaten war! Still, Tegaea didn’t know this yet, nor was she especially concerned. She had other things to think about. Selfish it might be, but she was only human.

“Thank you for that detailed evaluation,” she said. “The truth is, Agent, we need to get back to the position where we once were. We need to ensure that we are not surrounded like this. I need you to look into ways of making the Atrisians break away from the Fringe. They are not compatible ideologically I reckon. The CIS…we need to get them away as well, have them fight Black Sun.”

Tegaea shrugged. “We have other plans as well, which you may be aware of. Are you aware of a development code named ‘Leviathan’?” Tegaea asked.
This was a test. If Moira knew what she was talking about, then they would discuss it more. If not, she would let the subject drop.

"I know Emperor Akio from my time with the Republic. He's very ambitious, but practical-minded, and the Fringers do have 'force cultists' running around without any control and we have rumours of Sith among them, which Atrisia loathes." Needless to say Moira did not know 'Grand Admiral Karrde' was Ashin, nor did she know about the Inquisition, but she understood the Atrisian perspective on forcers.

She tilted her head to the side as Tegaea mentioned Leviathan, a gesture reminiscent of a certain murderous HRD, who was probably the person Moira liked most in Omega Pyre. "Either you want to raise the chained apocalyptic beast that devours all for the End of Days or you refer to the new battleship," she said dryly. "I believe it is the latter. Our new heavy hitter, since the Invicta is gone from us and outdated in any case, and the Fringers have the Chrysalide to eat fleets."

@[member="Moira Skaldi"]

Tegaea shrugged. “You believe correctly. Though a beast of the End of Days might be of some help to us right now!”

“Yes, the Leviathan is planned to be the most powerful ship of its class in the galaxy head to head. The intent is to not give in to frivolous use of space, but to make it the most powerful ship around. I want this to be able to eat the Fringe’s battleship. Of course, it won’t be easy, which is where you come in.”

Leading the grim agent even further away and speaking quieter. “There is a certain designer of technology on this planet named Taala Beck. She has refused to allow us to use plans for a new type of reactor core. I know you are a woman of…means. I want you to find the plans for it. I’d rather that Ms Beck not suffer any loss of life or limb, but this is important. Do you understand?”

"Its destructive capabilities were impressive. Of course, the Gods had to let Illyria loose to contain it," Moira commented. Yes, impressive, according to the myths it had eaten stars - and Illyria was the Goddess of Destruction.

She listened as Tegaea spoke, not saying anything, becoming more attentive when the Exarch mentioned the designer who needed to be convinced. Taala Beck. Moira would have to research the name. Set up surveillance at her apartment, find out about her friends, possible irregularities in her banking accounts, problematic associations....

No loss of limb or life...well, that could be worked around. Personally Moira did not like getting her hands too dirty anyway. Moreover, the designer could still be useful, so terminating her would be a waste. But there were other ways. The gears were almost visibly moving in her mind. She appreciated her boss' practicality - even though she was still too Neutral Good to consider Moira's idea for an internal purge and biowarfare. "I shall get it done," she said simply. No unnecessary declarations, no grand words, Moira did not like wasting time.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

It seemed before it was all said and done Tegs would not be the only one to visit Siobhan. Not at all. Coryth had been roused with the injuries and been helping many in the hospital and she was already stressed, annoyed, and upset when word reached her about Colonel Kerrigan. That was the last straw for her. Angry was here and she was fully apt to express such feelings, especially when she learned of the recklessness that had caused it. It was time to give the woman a piece of her mind for being so reckless.

Bare feet pounded down the hall, angry Coryth was angry. Her face flushed, hands balled into little fists. Likely few in the halls had ever seen her so upset. Rarely did she ever get beyond annoyed and even annoyed was enough to have people doing their best to genuinely avoid her, darting out of her path, pretending to be busy elsewhere, avoiding her gaze. Right now, the halls, people were booking it out of the way.

Entering the room, a breakfast tray off to the side she was still pissed. "Kerrigan?" She asked softly, wanting to make sure she was awake before she yelled. After all what good was yelling going to if the person she was yelling at wasn't conscious enough to hear it. Even looking the woman over, anger still clung to her, driving her.

She seemed to ignore the injuries though her empathy took them in completely for all that they were. It hurt, stung even her. She was so open and raw in that state that she held no defenses to what the other was feeling. Her little hands shaking as she stepped forward and did the doctorly thing, checking the woman's IV, the line, the dressings. So that way it at least appeared she had a reason to be there.

Sighing a moment, her eyes showing the full rage that she was just barely holding back. Never could she recall a time where she'd been this angry and still kept to the light. It was a strange thing for her. Perhaps she'd finally reached that point where she was no longer teetering on the edge of that razor sharp blade between light and dark. Arms folded across her chest, she waited patiently for the woman to reply. Everything in the way she held herself spoke volumes of how bad it would be. Reaching out and wiggling a few fingers she closed the door to the hall to leave them alone. It was time for a chat.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

It took a moment for Siobhan to be roused from her sleep. She had had a rather interesting dream, which involved Tegaea, chocolate and Tempest for some reason. Family-friendliness forbids this writer from elaborating, as much as this one has already overused this phrase.

Siobhan looked a mess, though she had taken well to bacta, it would take time before she got back on her feet. Her bionics and circuits would need repairs, fresh scars marred her features. She seemed drowdy and her vision was hazy, but gradually the shape standing before her solidified into Coryth. She gave the redhead a tired smile, apparently not sensing the anger emanating from her before she looked up and saw the sheer rage in her eyes.

There was a golden rule: Never piss off a redhead. Well, this sort of sucked. "Hey, Elaris, you're a sight for sore eyes," Siobhan said blearily. "How's Hevana?"

Her eyes narrowed upon the Colonel. Her lip twitched, jaw clenched. Pissed was an understatement. How she was keeping it all in check was some sort of miracle. She huffed out a sigh, "I'm sure I am, considering the damage done to yours alone ..." She snapped out of it long enough to answer the next question. "Great, just great.... aside from the ass chewing but that is not the point." The sarcasm clear in her words, her tone holding much bite, far too much for someone so small and usually so kind.

She paused looked down, "Right now I want to be very clear, we are NOT anything but doctor and patient. You are not my boss in this moment." She snarled as she returned to gaze upon the Colonel. Coryth's rage had mostly been kept in check up until that point, and now it seemed all hell was about to break loose. "How about we start with WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" She shouted, her empathy no longer contained. Her emotions no longer held behind her guards it was likely that all in the surrounding rooms were feeling everything Coryth was. "You by all rights should be dead?! Do you understand that?! Because as much as you get hurt I don't think you have a clue just how DAMN lucky you are to still be breathing!"

Concern overtook her, tears welling up. "Because then maybe you wouldn't act so rashly. You've people who care deeply for you. I'm here on Hevana's behalf though she does not know this. Do you know what it would do to her for me to come home and tell her you've died?" Her brow furrowed, "I don't want to be the one who carries those words to her. But I know the way to go about things, sooner or later I'm going to have to come home and let her know. And it will break both her and me. Likely neither of us to recover."

"Not only will you hurt the people back home, like Hevana, like me ... I've got one of the people from the walker down in ICU he'll be lucky to ever walk again. But I'm I'm sure that was the last thing on your mind at the time. You aren't the one to clean the messes up, I am. I get the wounded, the hurt, the ones I know will never make it before I lay a hand on them and I'm the bearer of bad news of those who don't survive surgery and I'm on my third tonight. "Yes, tonight because I haven't slept since you folks came in." Her eyes ice cold in that moment. She let the room fill with silence. Let those words hang.

After several minutes passed by a hand went up and she rubbed across her forehead, stressed immensely at that point. "Damn it woman, I love her. In some way or form and I'm not sure about it. But there it is. It's taken me this long to realize it. Through her I care about you. To see you do," She motioned to her broken body, "This to yourself! Are you really such a fool? It kills me and I get to go home tonight and tell her what happened. She's going to be a mess for days!"
"You are going to kill yourself at this rate and it won't be because of some enemy. It will be for your recklessness. It will be on yours hands. Not theirs. You need to understand this. All of this before doing something of this nature again." She was just beginning to cool off a little, reign in some of her rage and wrap some of her emotions back behind her guards.

Siobhan had expected anger. She knew how healers got - especially someone as passionate as Coryth, to whom healing was her life, who had dedicated herself to it more than any other Jedi who had taken up the healing arts. But truth be told she had not expected an outburst of such vehemence and such force. Coryth was no longer holding back and the pure rage she was feeling hit Siobhan with the force of a powerful tidal wave that drowned anything that came in its way.

Part of Siobhan was sort of...turned on. Another one was concerned. Her ears were certainly hurting like hell at this point. Two redheads pissed on one day. Siobhan was lucky that she was still alive at this point!

"Elaris...look...," but there was no stopping the redhead. Siobhan felt the anger rising inside her. Fighting the enemies of the Protectorate was her job. She was the Sword of the Protectorate, after all! How dare she be questioned in this way. She had taken it from Tegaea and showed understanding, even felt guilt, but she was her wife.

"Don't think I'm indifferent to those who suffered because of my decisions. I lost a lot of good men back there. I'm a soldier, I did my frakking job! What am I expected to do? Sit back and be passive? Can't expect anyone else to do their job if Omega's best force-using fighter hangs safe and sound, can I?" she challenged, clear anger in her voice. If she had been able to draw on her powers at this point in all likelihood objects would have been tossed around in an unconscious outburst of telekinesis, but she was too weakened to sink into the Force.

"I got hit hard, I came out on top and survived...barely, but I did. I'm Omega Pyre's battering ram. It's what I'm good at. I lead the charge" but then she sank back into her bed, feeling tired and letting out a long sigh. "You know, no one else under my command would have the guts for an outburst like that? No wonder Hevana likes you," she quipped lamely, but it seemed Coryth was not in a mood for jokes.

"Look Coryth - guess I can call you that since we're not commander and subordinate now and I can't kick your arse for almost blowing up my ears anyway now - I never wanted to hurt Hevana...or you. Hell, she was the first new friend I made after joining the Pyre. Personally recruited her. She's...important to me, one person I know I can trust. She was my frakking bridesmaid at the wedding. Hell, you know who I saw broken yesterday? Tegaea. Person I love most in the world and seeing me like that bloody hurt her. She was devastated and it's because of me. So, you're pissed at me, you're frakking mad at me, by all means. Doesn't come close to how mad I am at myself," the rage was abating or perhaps she was too tired to lash out, letting out a long sigh.

"There is a fine line between doing your job and being reckless. In NO way did I ask you to stop doing your job, just as you would not ever ask me to stop doing mine. The thing is you continually cross that line time and again. You've got to find a middle ground before you end up doing what amounts to suicide in my books." Still a little angry and snappy with Kerrigan.

"If I felt bold enough to drag a general from a meeting to force him into a post surgery appointment for an infect, did you really believe that the mere rank of Colonel would keep me from having this conversation with you? Because if you did you are sorely mistaken. Ranks do not matter to me when it comes to life and death. That is the last thing I worry on." Reaching up she pushed back her hair with her fingers and sorted it into a hair-tie out of her way.

"It's why I nearly got Hevana .." She closed her eyes, grimaced not wanting to go through that story again. "You know what, not having that conversation today, had my ass chewed once on the matter, not going through it again."

"What I'm saying Siobhan, is there is a better way to do what you do. That could effectively save lives. I .." She paused, sighed. "I'm getting too old for this shit."

"You don't have to do everything on your own. You've got team members behind you, people who can help you. I've heard the stories, the pattern you have with this stuff. Just ... There has to be a better way." At this point she felt a bit like a hypocrite, having chosen to disobey orders and run off on her own. Escaping from her babysitter on the field, not her finest hour for sure.

Feeling the pain radiating from the woman before her, was starting to get to Coryth. She knew just as well as she spoke those words that she was truly furious at herself for what had happened. That finally chilled her anger, melting most of it. Her expression softened greatly and she instinctively moved forward. Her eyes came down to Siobhan's hand and took it within her's gently stroking the back of it. While doing so she closed her eyes for a moment and focused the force into her fingertips to help ease any pain the woman was feeling by touch alone.

"I know she was, I know she means something to you. As to what exactly, I don't know. I don't press her on things like that. I just can feel what she is feeling when she talks about you. And I know she cares deeply." Tears welling up in her own eyes started to spill over, rolling down her cheeks. "I don't have enough friends that I can afford not to love them with all I have. She and I will forever be joined as I left a piece of myself in her when she and I both nearly died." Coryth hadn't even admitted that little fact to Hevana. "I care about everyone I come to know around here, that includes you. Whatever happens to you, I do care." She sighed again. "Though I try not to let many in anymore because I can't bear the pain of loosing them."

She sighed heavily, completely calm except for the tears. Her anger long faded. "I hate watching people die. It's part of my job, and I loathe it. It tears at me every time, even more so to feel the turmoil of the families I have to inform. To feel their emotions as my own with little way to block them completely. It's alot for one to deal with. Being a force user, a healer and being a natural empath on top of it, is not pleasant. More so a curse than a gift."

"I was angry for a lot of reasons. Tired, stressed, and pushed to my limit. You were the last straw. But I'm not going to apologize for what I said. If I did so, I'd be apologizing for the truth and it's something I cannot do."

"You're not going to get many second chances Siobhan. Believe me. What I've been through, suffered and lost, believe me when I say you are lucky. Fortunate with what you've managed to survive thus far." Coryth trying very much not to break into a sobbing mess herself. Always ended up feeling so terrible after she found the aftermath of her anger. This time there was no fall to the darkside, no physical harm done. But none the less it pained her much more than she let on to. "Take what you get when you can before it's all gone. Please understand that I'm here because I do care, I don't want you dead. I don't want to see what will happen should that come to pass."

Coryth shuddered visibly, her eyes glazing over briefly and she slipped away from the natural world for a short time, seeing something that was only for her. Visions of that nature she never shared. Not when it involved death. Opening her eyes the little redhead was quite notably drained, and a little distant. "With so much love and caring behind you, I just don't understand the reckless behavior. It seems so much more than just being a battering ram. There has to be a reason behind it all, because one doesn't just merely train to be that knowing the risks."

"I only want you to be smarter about the risks you take in the future, or take a damn healer alongside you in battle, someone who can hold the ground with you and take care of wounds before they are life-threatening." She grimaced a little, hoping Siobhan wouldn't take it that way and change around her assignments. Last place she wished to be was alongside Kerrigan on a battlefield. Leaning forward slowly, she carefully brushed some hair out of the woman's face and settled back to soothing her through the force, with whatever means she could manage. The girl was running on empty as it was but at least she could give a little comfort.

Strictly speaking Siobhan had utilised her minions. Well, for the tank battle. Alas the walker had been wrecked...but then admittedly she had taken the Sith Master head-on - alone. One wondered what the Hoplites and surviving infantry had been doing during the battle. Perhaps something useful like securing the flanks or something.

Siobhan raised an eyebrow when Coryth dodged the question of what she had done with Hevana. She wanted to speak up but after the outburst she just did not have the energy. It was an educated guess, but she imagined the fiery redhead had not been living up to her own demand that she stick with her team, but she lacked the energy to push the issue.

She relaxed slightly as she felt Coryth's hand on her face, a soothing feeling of peace washing over her, stilling the emotional and physical pain she was feeling as Coryth worked her magic. A gift - and a curse - Siobhan barely understood, but no more than now could she feel its potency. She could sense that Coryth was weakening, but did not have the energy to stop her right away. Selfish perhaps, but then even Siobhan was only human, before she tried to take her hand her own moving with a glacial slowness that it seemed like an effort for her to even raise it.

"Thanks...you've given enough. Don't want you drained out," she said softly, managing a smile. "If I did not know better, I'd think you wanted me to switch your assignments and serve with me. I'm afraid Hevana would go mad if that happened, sorry," she tried to make a joke out of it.

"I get loss. Ain't claiming I went through what you did, but I get it. Tegaea is the first person I actually allowed myself to be close to in ages, or even let in. I've been fighting almost without pause for more than ten years. It's what I do best. Well, there's that and I'm great with the ladies! And now, well, now I've got something more important than battle, but old habits die hard I guess. Well, that and I'll be honest, I like combat. Part of me really loves it, relishes in it. Gives me a rush sometimes almost as good as getting laid. War's frakking hell, I didn't enjoy ripping down a roof and burying my own troops under it, but that's how it is. So, yeah, there's a real thrill in it for me. Better than spice or whiskey. The greater the challenge, the tougher the odds, the more exciting," she spoke.

Her Bando Gora alt self from the vision had been an annoying queen with bad fashion sense and frankly would not stop yammering, but she had been right about the fact that on a certain level Siobhan revelled in carnage - perhaps even needed it. "Figure I am sorta messed up, whatever," she shrugged at that. "And now I got Tegaea to care about, no frakking clue where I'd be without her. Chances are nowhere good. I know I'd go berserk if something happened to her. Gave her a promise I'd stay out of skirmishes unless it was important. Not sure how long I can hold on to that, since I'm bloody bad at keeping promises, but I did cause it bloody hurt seeing her like that."

Coryth opened her eyes a little concerned. "Drained? I was already in that state four hours ago. Figure easing what little I have left will be of more use to you and at least after I leave here I know for a fact I'll sleep like a baby. Had no intentions to push till I passed out. I've learned my lesson on that stupidity." She too smiled a little but shook her head, "No. No.. No .. No .. I don't want to change assignments I think I'd go mad alongside you in the field, only just getting used to Hevana. And I suspect I'd end up passed out a lot more if I went with you, but you do need someone or something that can better help you. Last thing you need is a woman afraid to strike the final blow, who hesitates still."

She nodded slowly, listening with a healers care, comfort and compassion radiated through her emotions alone. The storm of angry had passed over. "I suppose in some ways I can understand. In others I just don't. I'd like to but it's hard for me to wrap my mind around someone who can enjoy it. Not when such things cause me a hell of a lot of personal pain but I do it anyway because people need me." A shrug followed, still trying to work through it but at least she had answers. "At least I have a small clue into why you to do what you do."

"Yeah, we're all a little karked up. It's life. Just works out that way." Intently she listened as Siobhan began to speak again. She gave a nod understanding completely. "It's the people we love that tie us down, our anchors in life. Without them we are just drifting on an endless sea." Giving a small pat to the woman's hand, she tried to smile a little brighter. "Well, I do hope for your own sake that you can stick to it for a while. You need much time to rest and recover. More than the doctors here will be willing to tell you. Personally .. if it was me in charge of your care I'd have you strapped to the bed with force restraints. You wouldn't be going anywhere until I knew you were healthy. But then again .. I did that I think I just might have to be many, many systems away when someone finally undid the restraints." The smile on her face playful, bubbly bright, but her eyes only confirmed she was somewhat serious on that note.

"Strapped to the bed, huh? I knew you were the kinky sort," Siobhan quipped. "And, yeah, you'd probably have to be far away when they got undone. No worries though, you're staying with Heavy. As fun seeing you unleashing redhead fury on Sith with me would be." Siobhan knew from personal experience that the fragile appearance of Coryth was deceiving. She was probably the most compassionate, kindest soul anyone could know, but push her hard enough, smash the metaphorical lock of the similarly metaphorical steel vault where she kept her anger caged, and you got a whirlwind of destruction.

"I know Tegaea keeps anchored. I am glad Hevana's got you. Girl's been too alone." Siobhan and Hevana had been close friends since the latter had joined Omega Pyre, but that was obviously not the same closeness as having someone who was truly dedicated to you alone. "I'll...try to stick around a bit. Even if it means doing bloody paperwork. Being a desk soldier sucks. Makes me go frakking insane. Well, on the plus side I guess I see Tegaea more then!" Siobhan still did not quite understand how Tegaea managed to do it. She was tremendously proud of what she had accomplished, but from her perspective a job that consisted of meetings, negotiations and administrative tedium was pure terror.

Coryth smirked, "If only you knew to what extent." Granted the girl hadn't been .. well, intimate relations for her, hadn't happened in ten years but no one needed to know that, aside from Hevana. "I'm not a fool in that regard, far too dangerous a woman for me to ever wish anything more than a simple training session with. But then again, reasons why you are not my patient. Alas though, only such measures are taken for the good of the patient." She gave a shrug. It people wouldn't listen to her when it came to her health, she got a bit forceful.

The redhead gave a nod. Hevana meant a lot to Cory but as to how much and what place she was in her life, that she couldn't be sure. The uncertainty clear in her eyes. "She does have me, always will have that piece of me no matter what happens. I'm not sure about this idea of love again. Seems about the time I fall in love again, the person dies, or worse .... betrays me." She sighed heavily, so much pain in such a short life and it showed much more so now than she'd ever allowed the Colonel to see before. "It is what it is. I worry. A lot. It's been over a decade since I've even let someone touch my skin, male or female. Now Sarge, then Hevana. It's all strange to me. It's like being the new kid and not really sure what to do or how to do it." A shrug followed, trying to force away the more painful thoughts from the last decade of her life.

A chuckle came, "You aren't the only one who hates paperwork. There is a reason I opted for field work because I loathe being stuck in hospitals and chained to desks doing notes. I'd rather just be in the field, do my job, heal the wounded, watch their backs and get on with life. No paperwork involved." She smiled much brighter than she had in the entire time she'd been there. "And that, is always a fine benefit. Please don't be foolish, don't take her for granted while you have her. Lost the man I loved the most and was almost certain I'd never love again, but Sarge and Hevana both proved to me I can at least in some way love once more." She sighed, "I just don't want you to make the mistakes I have, to have the same regrets. To loose that person you love, and always go 'what if..' At the very least, make sure you tell her you love her every time you see her, for it could be the last time for both of you."

Once more she patted her hand, and withdrew. Rising back to her full height, she looked down upon the broken woman in the bed, and again smiled. "But anyway, I should probably let you rest. I'm sure you'd rather me out the door after trying to blow your eardrums out today." She chuckled a little but waited a little longer still.

Siobhan smirked. "Found ingenious ways to use those multiple copies, have you?" she asked innocently. For her part Siobhan had found innovative ways to use her telekinesis that extended beyond mass destruction. So far her wife had been most pleased. But then the conversation soon turned serious again, as much as Siobhan would have liked to continue making bad innuendo and attempt to tease Coryth about her force in the bedroom.

Pain, loss, the nagging question of what one could have done otherwise. All these were things Siobhan was familiar with. "I already made that mistake - before her. I'm not gonna make it again," she said softly. Deep down Siobhan still was...conflicted in many areas when it came to Adril. She still had a more rose-tinted view of her than was warranted - but then Adril had saved her life, trained her and died for her - but she had spent seven years with Tegaea. But many things had gone unsaid back then.

"Well, you are kind of cute when you yell! But then I like fiery redheads. Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Even though it hurt my ears like an artillery barrage."

After detailing Moira to perform some ‘persuasion’, Tegaea had decided to check in on her wife again. She had received a message that Doctor Osway had finished for now, so she had headed back down and through the halls.

She was a little surprised to see a short woman with brilliant red hair in the room talking to @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]. By the way their faces were flushed they’d had a bit of a row, and clearly knew each other.
She entered. Yes, the redhead was vaguely familiar.

“How is everything, Siobhan?” she asked, looking between one woman and the other. “Everything alright?” She held out her hand to @[member="Coryth Elaris"]. “Tegaea Alcori; Exarch,” she said, eyeing her.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Coryth blushed a little at the comment. "One has to put illusions to good use, especially if I focus they are as really and physical as me. Draining, but worth it." A chuckle followed.

She nodded again, "I sympathize with all I have, since that is the case." Coryth was about to elaborate when albeit a little startled by her, Tegaea entered the room. And at that Coryth flushed a lovely shade of red, nearly matching her hair. Biting at her lip she wondered what Siobhan would say of her once the door was closed.

But still she managed to put on a bright face, and smiled her best though notably nervous at this point. Reaching out slowly she extended her tiny hand to Tegaea,"It's a pleasure, Exarch. Second Lieutenant Coryth Elaris, ma'am." She glanced back to Siobhan unsure of what to say. But at least she'd gone back to her formal roots! " Colonel Kerrigan is my boss and .. umm .. I ... had to come check on her once I heard she was in the hospital, and since I was already awake dealing with patients since late last night, figured I'd stop in." Yeah, let's go with the short and simple explanation that completely omits what happened. You realize it doesn't look great, right? I'm not ever going to live this down, am I? She shook away the thoughts, and tried to just focus on the moment. Seemed the somewhat quick escape she'd hoped for was not meant to be.

While this happened Moira did not sit idle but quickly went about her job. She was not one for small talk, honestly she did not think most people in the world had anything relevant to say and she had few vices that could keep her from her job. She had been given a task and so she would perform it. Not out of patriotism, loyalty or any particular affection for anyone in the nation, but simply because she was pretty good at what she did.

We shall put this in summary form, as this is not truly what the thread is about. After conferring with her minions - no point in calling them colleagues when they were just there to do as they were told, like cogs in a machine - Moira ordered that the apartment of Taala Beck be placed under surveillance. As it happened she needed a handy man to make repairs, so this posed the ideal opportunity to bug it. Two agents rented a room in an apartment complex opposite hers, then at nightime, after surveillance had confirmed that Taala would be out attending a concert, broke in and searched her apartment. Unfortunately, the plans could not be found, though hacking her computer revealed that she had received a lucrative offer from Zeira Corporation. The agents were lucky to exit the apartment before Taala returned, but then the woman was slightly tipsy.

With the plans not to be found one obvious solution lay in simply abducting the woman and forcing her to hand them over. Moreover, she had a son who was currently attending high school, hoping to become a soldier later on. Admittedly Moira had no moral problems with such a course of action. Truth be told she had no morals at all or anything like a conscience, which occasionally made working for a Neutral Good boss - even a practical one - a bit of a queen.

However, as Moira sat in her sterile office, once again sipping a cup of starcaf, tapping her pen against the table, she decidd on a different course of action. "Birkoff. I am quite certain our tech designer has been receiving funds from...less than reputable sources. Do check her accounts. I'm sure money is being funneled into an offshore account."

Lo, behold, soon red flags would be raised by Internal Affairs of the company that employed Taala. Apparently she had been receiving substantial funds from a dummy corporation that acted as a proxy for a known crime syndicate. Her superiors raged and thundered, but then one of her colleagues, who had felt slighted about not being promoted like her, reported having seen her with suspicious characters in the bad part of Fondor City. Rumours about her colleague having a chat with a blondehaired, stoic woman in a parking lot were naturally dismissed, for this was an independent investigation. In times such as these one had to be careful, for it was known that the Bando Gora were using criminal networks to fund their operations.

"Of course, we have nothing solid to indicate anything like that in her case," the investigating officer from OPIB said, "but we must take every precaution. Owing to the critical nature of her research, the police is obliging a request from the military to question her to make sure national security is not endangered."

Taala Beck soon found herself in a sterile white room, somewhere in a nondescript building on Fondor. A room with no windows, no chrono, nothing to tell her what time or day it was, just strapped into the chair, her bonds so tight her knuckles turned white, the light shining into her eyes so bright it was painful. No holocall, no contact with her family. The white room was so small it was enough to make anyone feel claustophobic.

Slowly the door opened and Moira stepped in, immaculately dressed as usual, the heels of her boots click-clacking on the ground, as she circled her steps, each step punctuating her words. "Dr Taala Beck. Arrested under the Defence Regulations for hostile associations and acts prejudicial to the security of the Protectorate. An unfortunate end to a brilliant research career. After your crowning achievement, a revolutionary reactor core."

"Spare me the thought police BS," Taala snapped, futilely struggling against her bonds. "This isn't right. I'm innocent. I want to see a lawyer. I know my rights!"

"Where necessity begins, rights vanish," Moira said flatly. "You have refused to cooperate and now reap the consequences. Down here I am the law. You have a brilliant mind we want to use. You will provide us with the plans or..."

"Or you'll kill me? So much for you're being benevolent dictators."

"How long do you think will you hold out in the Tomb of Belsavis? Alone, isolated, irrelevant. The winters are dreadful there. Your career is finished. Your son, well, life will be hard for him. Some of the foster homes are quite deplorable. Especially with his family black-listed. I believe your brother will lose his commission at the ODF. Nothing personal, but hostile associations and all that," Moira spoke calmly.

"You...how can you do this to me? All this for a reactor core."

"Reasons of state." There was no mercy in her eyes, no benevolence. Taala would be able to see the various medical implements and syringes spread out on a table. "Provide us with the plans and we can...square your record. You were denounced by your jealous colleague and received a prestigious position at S.A.A.T. Either that or never see the light of day again, rot in the Tomb along with the lowest scum the Protectorate has."

"There...they're on Corellia. At my place there. I was supposed to sell them to Zeira."

Needless to say this took place over more than one day, but @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] would receive a report that that the plans had been recovered and Taala Beck had enthusiastically agreed to work for the Protectorate.

Tegaea listened to Coryth’s explanation, which didn’t really explain anything at all. It was just a bald statement of facts. It didn’t mention why she had chosen Siobhan’s room, or how she knew her.
Now, Tegaea was not the suspicious sort at all. She and Siobhan had an understanding that dalliances other than each other were allowed, so long as they were for physical rather than emotional pleasure. So she assumed it was a friend or casual love. No point making things hard.

“Ah yes, I remember you now, Coryth. Thank you for coming in to see my wife. I fear she has been entirely too brave for her own good again,” she said wryly. “Doctor Osway isn’t complaining though. She’ll soon have enough to retire on!”

She patted Siobhan’s hand. “I’m not sure when the doctors will evict me, but did you want to get some caf with me, Coryth?”
Because it certainly wouldn’t turn into 20 questions about who Coryth was. No, not at all!
@[member="Coryth Elaris"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

@[member="Coryth Elaris"], @[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Yeah, I'm ok. Aside from being bored. Coryth is a very gifted healer. Best we have," Siobhan spoke warmly, definitely trolling just a bit, but then it was the truth. She was nice enough not to mention what had really went down. As Tegaea started trolling she pouted. "I don't end up in hospital that often," she mock grumbled.

As Tegaea made her offer to Coryth Siobhan gave her wife a look of the 'go easy on her variety'. "Can you get me some magazines, love? I'm bored here," she spoke up. Siobhan's literary interests were clearly defined and decidedly raunchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom