Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Storm

She made a choice - this time.

Coren Starchaser said:
“You’re stronger than this. She has your mind in a trap.”

Taeli Raaf said:
"You only ever appreciated what she could bring to the mission, even as she suffered silently. Maybe you even lied to yourself and her that there was something more, but when it came to the choice... you cast her off as a lost soldier and continued with your obsession. Loyalty rewarded with abandonment.

Romi Jade said:
Romi burned away the ominous powers that twisted her will through subtle influence. She'd freed herself from the nightmare she'd been a victim of over and over. She was able to root out Taeli's influence, combating the dark siders use of the Force by pulling the dark womans powers away from her; it caused great pain.

Gasp

She shot up, reaching for whatever she could substitute as an anchor. She was drenched; she'd been soaking in this pool while under some sort of healing trance. Before she could realize where she was, she was in a bit of a shock after everything that'd transpired came rushing back.

It was part of the healing process.

"I think I can take it from here for now...thanks." She prompt in her response to the attending healer.

-----

Her quarters

She wrapped and wrapped her arm, running the bandages over and under in repetitive motions until it was well kept enough - she'd already finished the other one. Tightening at the calves, she pushed off the edge of her bed and dove right into a stiff period of soreness.

Bruises were bruises...

Romi was never really one to be phased too much by personal injury.

She'd stopped in front of the mirror...and became lost for a bit. Lost in her wounds...lost in her eyes...lost in her story.

Just for the moment.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Was he surprised? A bit. The Sith had their claws into Romi, and he had known it was a poison, but he wasn’t quite sure how deep that converted her mind. Did it corrupt deeply or was it merely something that convinced her of another story. Did it provide a deep rooted concern for the Jedi? He wasn’t sure. But the fact was, it was a victory. Romi was important to him, but the battle and the war was something he couldn’t put aside, no matter how hard he tried. It was what he did. Sword of the Jedi, possibly, but maybe even more.

He was the hope the galaxy needed.

But with Romi back on the side of Light, he needed to be sure she was fine. And that she found herself. It meant that she was going to need to be around the people who were better at that. He had a few people to check in on around the galaxy.

And some right in Silver space. But when he found out Romi dismissed herself from the Halls, he found his way down to her quarters, and gave a knock on the door. Only one way to find out how this is going. Hopefully she’ll make the right call.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Her eyes flickered at the sound of someone knocking on her door; it broke her from her daydream.

Looking over her shoulder, her hair fell down her back as she whipped around. She casually pressed her hand against the pad next to the door, expecting to find one of the healers when the door slid open. But it seemed as if she'd held onto the last breath she took when she laid eyes on Coren.

"Coren..." she looked better - she had her color back, and her hair seemed kept up. She was who she was before everything that transpired. Less sickly "I-I thought you would've left by now..." She motioned with her head, signaling him to come in.

She strode in, finding some sort of placement near the window sill, she leaned back against it. It was a sunset...and it hugged her figure at the right angle. The surface of her skin shone with a tannish highlights. The scenery was fairly nice in Silver space.

"How're you?" She asked.

It was a weird dynamic, she wanted to embrace him but also shy away. For various reason. And maybe he felt the same...or maybe not. Honestly, this could go in so many ways...

She folded her arms and looked up at him.

He wasn’t going to be here long. He was helping watch a number of sectors of space. And time had not always been kind to his decision making. Romi was someone that he needed to make sure was fine as he continued to do what he did, but following the situation on Rhen Var? Something in the Force told him that she was going to be fine. He knew she was strong, but sometimes it took others to hold the light and bring you back. Veiere was the one who did that. Starchaser was, at most, the catalyst. Maybe he was losing his edge.

Maybe he never had it. How long had that gone on for?

Didn’t matter now. When he saw her, he had a welcome smile ready, and a nod. She did look better. “Not yet, shortly though. Galaxy is a big place.”

“I’m doing alright. Wanted to check in. See how you’re healing. What your goals are now?” He was really wanting to see how her mind was. He knew what was happening here, but he wanted to see that she was fine.

[member="Romi Jade"]

She slowly nodded, "That's quite fair, General." She agreed. Well, there was still a lot of work to be done. There was no denying that - That's why she had to get better. She wasn't the type at all to sit idly by in any sense. Following through with the head motion she leaned forward and kept looking down.

"Still quite a bit of work to do. I'll give you that one." Her lips curled together to form some sort of smirk.

Her head slowly rose, "Good...and check in huh?" She giggled to herself. Turning to fidget around over her belongings she'd placed within the sill itself.

"Well, the process has been what it is...the poison did a little bit more physical damage that I thought it would." She shrugged, and said under her breath but still audible "Just a little molecular damage is all...no biggie right?" She wasn't going to say where.

Ehh

She'd picked something up that she examined but was rather quick to throw it back down,

"My goals are the same, I'm going to continue doing what I was doing before." She ran her fingers up and through her hair to push it from her face, "I need to be out there...there's a war going on and I need to be out there."

Fidgeting.

Rummaging.

All distractions.

"Besides everyone thinking I'm crazy...the process has been alright for what it is. I can't wait to be over with it."

"And what of your goals General?"

Starchaser was pulled in a number of different directions, because he had a few things he was working on. A former explorer, he knew the ins and outs of the galaxy, but he was really pulled away from that career, and being a Warden, though when he had the ability, he was doing what he could. A General and one of the premiere Jedi Masters, he was doing a lot of work to keep freedom and hope alive and well in the galaxy.

“I’ll have to make sure not to solve all the problems yet, give you something to do now that you’re, y’know, solving problems instead of making them.” Yeah, that was not what he wanted to say. But she knew him enough, or he assumed she did. Damage from the poison? That could be tricky. He looked at her.

“The Healer here though, should be able to do something for that.” For her in general. “Don’t rush yourself in getting out there. Take the time to heal, to be ready, then see where you’re needed. I’m sure we will be needing more Jedi soon.”

A bit of an eye roll he shook his head. “You have my frequency. You contact me if people are calling you crazy. I’ll set them straight.” Because his ego and accomplishments should account for something, right? “And me? I’ve got to do what I’ve bee doing. Keep pruning the darkness from the galaxy.” And see what he could do to help fortify the good guys.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Coren Starchaser said:
“I’ll have to make sure not to solve all the problems yet, give you something to do now that you’re, y’know, solving problems instead of making them.”
She turned around slowly, eyes growing big and fluttering so. It seemed as if she was taken back by what he said, though the slight appearance of a smirk told that she was being playful. Or was she? He was too far for her to punch in the arm or something. "Oh really?" She responded, "I was causing you problems huh?" She squinted to see where he was going next.

"Well...you wouldn't be able to solve all the problems without me anyway." She'd casually turned her nose up, letting most of her weight fall onto her left leg as she swayed in her stance; she was being her usual kittenish self. Though she was fairly confident in herself...

"It's more complicated than that Coren, there is some damage you just can't fully repair." She had no known family of her own, and she'd never really considered having children before...but now though with the news it sort of donned on her. She's all she has now. "I-I let it go for too long...if i'd sought help earlier maybe but--anyway" She waved it off.

"I'm fine Coren. I am ready. I can't just sit here...you know that's not like me." She looked up at him, tilting her head down, she had a bit of a devious smirk "And you know you can't stop me..." she always did her own thing. They were sort of alike in that regard.

She broke out into short burst of laughter before rolling her eyes, "I think I'll be fine. but if anything pops up I'll give you a call mister Jedi."

She nodded, "See? That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish too. I'd rather be out there...where I'm useful, than here being constantly reminded of a situation I had no control over, a situation that caused me to lose everything."

She wanted to stay busy.

Was she the problem? No, she was a symptom of the problem. He felt, as he looked back on it more, and especially after the Council discussion that she may have had more of a control on things than even he realized. Sure he wasn’t the be-all-end-all of Jedi, but he felt he was one who could help others. And shaking his head, he laughed. “Maybe a bit. Impossible to get to, when you’re attached to Raaf’s hip.” He shrugged. “But maybe you can recall some of what was going on then?” That could prove invaluable when the galaxy was ready to make a move.

“Oh trust me, I know that Romi. Need you in the field for sure. And if it comes up to me signing you out of the Hall, I’ll get you on a ship to the next war zone.” What he was worried about was her going for revenge right away, that didn’t end well.

Stop her? No, never in his wildest dreams. “Going to be doing missions for the Silvers, Prax, or who?” Jedi in general, he was hoping. If she needed it, he’d outfit her with a new ship, find a crew for her. “I know you’re ready. Once you say something, its kind of how you are.”

Just like him. Maybe this was a good time for the Jedi after all. One of their own back, and motivated to head back out into the galaxy.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Heh

She shrugged in agreement, Raaf kept her on a tight tight leash. "Hmm..." Just thinking about it, "Yeah-I mean, I wasn't really allowed to see or do much. Raaf kept me close, and the Emperor declared I wasn't to be touched by anyone. No one really came near me. I was mostly only employed to be used against you, though that was probably more of a way to torture me if anything."

Sigh

"But there are a few local groups who despise and conspire against the Empire, but they keep them at bay with Inquisitors...sort of like a secret police force from within. Contact would be difficult but, not impossible."

She looked up at him, a little bit more emotional than she had been. "Coren...please." she pleaded, "You can't do this alone, Taeli is more powerful than you realize. Employ some different tactics, re-think how you want to approach this..." she stepped up to him and softly gripped his arm.

"Whatever this personal vendetta you have with her, please don't let it blindside you. You've got people who follow you and love you...think of them, allow us---them to help you." She released, and let go.

She hoped that he learned some sort of lesson from all that transpired as well.

She turned and paced a couple of steps in the other direction, "I'll be touching base with all of them, though...I'll probably be heading to Corellia for a bit. I've been requested there so."

Coren Starchaser said:
“I know you’re ready. Once you say something, its kind of how you are.”
She shot a quick glance at him, "I want what I want, and I always win." She giggled.

The woman before him had changed a lot. Since they first met, when she was first starting out as a Jedi, when she joined the Praxeum, and when she ended up in his cell for combat missions. After that, she fell to the Sith. “It wasn’t easy for me. Part of the reason I had to keep away… Never thought what they would be doing to you. But using you to egg me into a fight…” He nodded. “That was a dirty trick.”

“So, you heard speak of an underground? That could be used to our advantage. Could you write up any report on that? What the Inquisition is doing, what they are trying to stop? Its not my specialty, but if we can build a team, with the Silvers, and Underground.” Old tricks. But it might be what works. And he knew Romi had a set of skills and demeanor that may help.

“I know that. I’ve known that for a while. The schutta will constantly pull some rabbit out of her hat. And it fights on a different level.” The Corellian smiled at Romi. “But if I can slow down the advance even a little bit, its providing hope.” Looking to her, he understood. “A lot has been deployed there. Jared is there, and one of my newer students has been helping the fight from that direction too.” Jared, his son, was doing what he could with CorSec.

But for the ones who followed. They needed to start making the motions and the hits. “I know, but we need to keep the fight up. And I don’t expect anyone to keep my pace.” If he didn’t fight, who would?

[member="Romi Jade"]

A few blinks.

She'd definitely changed.

She nodded, "It was for sure the hardest thing I've ever had to face alone..." She thought back to it all, "I fought it as best I could, and the only thing that helped me do that was you--the thought of you kept hope alive for me but..."

She'd inhaled, cutting herself from even going there. "But, yeah. Not everyone grew accustomed to Imperialism as a new form of government. It'll take some time but I think I can pull a few things together. I know they're based on Yavin...maybe we can put something together." She responded.

Her lips curled into one another, then she was smiling backed by a light giggle "Yeah...she's unpredictable, that's for sure."

She nodded, "Fair. You gave me hope, so I get it. But, I still do worry about you Coren. I know I probably shouldn't but"

She'd curled a finger, and pulled a stray strand from her face only to tuck it behind her ear. "Oh Jared is there?" She'd never met any of his children but had known a bit about them through him. They didn't make it that far. "Lisza is looking for someone who can liaison between the Council and the Jedi and also provide meaningful information of intergalactic affairs, among other things. And, she requested me...for some reason."

She smirked, and agreed "No, I don't expect anyone to keep your pace either. I saw your backside more than anything." She laughed. She'd had his back through most things, covering his flank.

There was a lot to overcome here, but the man had every faith that Romi would prove the galaxy that she was a Jedi for a reason. She’d never stopped being one, regardless of what happened to her with the poison. She became a target, became an enemy, but all the times he ran into her, he remembered who she was. She was a fighter, she was a Jedi.

She was needed on this side.

“It was… a challenging time.” He was not proud of decisions he had made. But the way things happened? Everything changed.

“A report could be useful, Alliance, Silvers, Confederation… We can strike hard, maybe in a way more akin to what Raaf wouldn’t expect from something I lead.” Unless there was something he was missing here. “I can only give hope for those who understand how I do it. Worrying on me? Aw, Romi.” He laughed softly and smiled.

“And yeah, Jared’s over on Corellia, basing out of Tyrena, to help CorSec and the Green Jedi as well as he can. I’m needed elsewhere so its hard to get home. We can use someone who knows how to see things from a galactic view there. For sure.” He nodded

“Maybe you’ll learn to keep it soon. We will need more than just me in the coming weeks.”

[member="Romi Jade"]

Everything changed indeed.

Coren Starchaser said:
“It was… a challenging time.”
She just watched him say it, and she could assume everything behind those words. He may have had time to adjust, but she was back but the world she'd seemingly left was completely new now. She was figuring things out too...and the struggle would be moving on. But, she was gonna give it over to time.

"Yeah...very much so."

She nodded.

She agreed.

"Mhm, you got it General. I'll see what I can muster up. I'll have to do a bit of recon first, who ya got? Once I know something for certain, I think I'll be able to completely put together a solid report." Yeah, it was time to start playing 3D pazaak.

Her face twisted up and she squinted at him hard, "Oh whatever, haha!" mocking him "You know what I take it back...I don't worry about you." She playfully rolled her eyes and waved him off. Shaking her head she started to smile but tried to hide it. "And good, that's one less Starchaser in my way." she teased, "Maybe he's nicer than you..."

Hmmmm,

She thought about it.

"I don't knoww," She stretched it out, "I think you'll be trying to keep up with me this time around."

The galaxy was an ever moving tapestry of strife and successes. And the changes that were made, sometimes on galactic scales, sometimes on the scales of just a farm, or a city block. But Romi and Coren dealt in galactic scales, the cosmic balances and the like. She was back on their side, and that made him feel like maybe they could win this.

“But its maybe a side time that we can win.” He hoped.

“I can work out a unit for you. If you let me know what you need to support you, we can set up Romi’s Angels. Or Jade Force, whatever you want to call it. I don’t know what the Alliance has in store for frigates and corvettes, or we may be able to help with crewing a ship from the Confederation.” He shrugged, that would be a smart move, getting Romi a team.

Maybe then she could out run him. “He’s… Jared.” Coren shrugged. “And if that’s the way its going to be? I’ll be more than happy to chase anyone who’s running the strikes faster than me.”

[member="Romi Jade"]

"Hey..." She paced towards him again, Coren was taller than her so as she closed in she was already looking up at him, "We'll win. I promise." He was hoping, and she was gonna reassure him to keep the positivity flowing. She nodded and smirked a bit.

Coren Starchaser said:
“I can work out a unit for you. If you let me know what you need to support you, we can set up Romi’s Angels. Or Jade Force, whatever you want to call it.
"Romi's Angels? Jade Force...?" She glared at him, "Really?" She tried to keep a more serious composure but found herself busting out into laughter. "You're ridiculous, you know that?" She did think about it.

"I had an idea...something that might work for this. But I want you to be behind it with me." She emphasized with lurched movements of her head, "I was thinking of a strike team...one that can go places we can't." What did she mean? If Coren and Romi dealt with things on a galactic scale...in some ways they'd be held to a much higher standard. Honestly, they were. Both of them were, are constantly in the limelight whether it be politically or on the front lines. They were both fighters but...as Jedi...as leaders...sometimes it was hard to maneuver and deal with certain situations.

If they were going to fight fire with fire....they'd need to get a team together who could ignore the concern of public appearance in some instances.

"We can put together and sponsor and covert operations team, one that isn't necessarily concerned with public appearance and can fight fire with fire..." she glanced at him, "I know, we're both still going to maintain our positions as fighters but...we're Jedi, there's a limit to how far we can go militant or not, and you know that."

"I'll train them and lead the team...we can both participate until it gets tooo dirty, then we'll use our positions to take neutral stances and remove ourselves. But, we do it together."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom