Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Adventures at Tea Time

"Aahhh, yes wonderful choices. And you're lucky; we haven't run out of our breakfast items yet. I'll be back with them shortly." Kay smiled to Mi'la Undari as she left her table, half glancing to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla as the Mandalorian woman stepped through the door. Now as some might associate Mandos for trouble and violence, Kay regarded them differently. There was usually something wanted of her. Normally it delt with going to see her niece, however that would never come to pass anymore....

Kay stepped behind the counter and started to prepare Mi'la's order when Joti approached the counter. There was a nervousness in the manner of which she spoke. "Cassius tea? Coming right up." Thank the Force she had plenty of water already boiled. That meant that all that she needed to do was plop in the leaves or bags of whichever teas were requested into various cups, pour in the water and let them steep. The Commenori blend took less time and so she placed it and the cookie onto a small tray, carrying it over to the Twi'lek's table. "Here you are. Enjoy! And do let me know if you need anything else."

She spotted Talon Richwood as he sat down, asking for the 'dealers choice'. "Sapir tea. Coming right up." Of course she remembered his visit many months earlier. Hopefully today would be a calmer day. " CH-3F CH-3F , when you're finished with that customer, please bring a cup of Sapir to Mandalorian at the table." She saw her helper at Kayûm Kratha Kayûm Kratha 's table, which was fine as long as he didn't carry too long of a conversation while they were busy.

Returning behind the counter, Kay checked on Joti's tea. It was ready and so she brought it to her. The question in regards to her identity caught her a little off guard. A little pain lingered behind her eyes, purely emotional, yet she did her best to hide it with a small smile as she placed the tea down in front of her. "I used to be, in another life. That seemed like a long time ago now. Why do you ask?"

Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

dFJuflZ.png

The tea shop was a nice change of pace. It was... Peaceful. As a Mandalorian, She appreciated battle and the rush of fighting of course, But it was easy to forget to her people were, well, people, Same as everyone else here. After days of fighting criminals and hunting bounties, Who wouldn't want to settle down in the tranquility of a Tea Shop?
That tranquility only went so far however. She could practically feel the Twi-lek watching her, Judging her. But, Amidst the judging crowd was a face, Or perhaps a helmet, That she recognized. None other than Talon Richwood himself. Talon Kriffing Richwood... He seemed to be popping up wherever she went, And she had no complaints. Brief as they had known one another, They'd been through hell together. Almost literally, Seeing as the gemini would have taken them to the nether...

And then then NPC Treasury NPC Treasury returned. "Well," She scratches the back of her neck "I'm sure you get this a lot but... I had some questions about a relation of yours.
Yasha Cadera..." She whispers.

Yasha's was a controversial name, Especially among Mandalorians. But Jot Had to know. This was the Mand'alor her clan had slaughtered one another over, Over their conflicting loyalties between House Vizsla and the Resol'nare. Though she had never picked a side herself, And though it mattered little now, Seeing as she was the last of her clan, She wanted to know which side was in the right. If such a thing were even possible.

"After this, if you like, Maybe you could join me and we could talk about more pleasant things... I know the past is... Difficult."

The itch scratching behind the neck. That was something that Kay used to do. But moreso that was in response to having Force numbing collars on her during a few of her inprisonments at the hands of ger enemies. Yet she wasn't wanted by anyone in some time, which was of course a good thing. Kay was hiding out from the Galaxy for the most part. It would fall apart regardless of if she was there or not.

As Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla spoke and whispered, she lowered her head, displaying her respect and grief over her fallen niece. "What is it that you'd like to know?" People didn't tend to approach her about Yasha anymore. There wasn't any reason. So this drew her curiosity.

To the request to go for a walk later, Kay once again nodded her head. "The fresh air will do me good. We can step out on my break." That is of course when things slowed down a little.

The way the woman bowed her head at the mention of Yasha, That told Joti a lot. "Simply put, I want to know what kind of person she was... I want to know why men and women felt the need to shed blood in her name. Kin and Aruetise alike... It's been on my mind ever since her coronation. Not that I am here to judge, Mind you. I simply want the information necessary to decide how I feel for myself."
Thank manda she was wearing a helmet right now. No one needed to see her expression in that moment. A pained, Pleading face, One that wanted answers that would never come. The truth of the matter was, There was no right side. And somewhere deep down, She knew.

The thought of her Tea was becoming more and more inviting by the second. She'd need something more calming after her Cassius Tea, And whether she liked it or not, She needed to try some of that "Meditation" kark the Jedi liked so much. Funny, She was becoming more like them than she'd care to admit. And yet, She was closer to being a real Mandalorian than she had even when her clan lived. Strange times indeed.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
She had been watching the shop for some time...

Karlie were dressed in casuals when she left her LCX-L3 securely locked on the tarmac of the city's main space hub. It were a no brainer to request a speeder cab to take her to the adjacent book shop across from the tea shop.
There, Karlie were making like she were checking out some of the old leather bound books of old. She had little clue as to what their contents were...old stories, she guessed. They weren't Castan novels, so...so what good were they? Still, she picked up one, angling herself by the window so as to make she were using the ambient sunlight to skim through the pages...only her focus were on the tea shop across the street.

In two....out three...out one....in two....
She were checking out as to whom came in and out for some time., determining if it were a real shop or some front.

"You know...you could sit down on one of the chairs.." A voice reached her from the counter.

"Huh, wha?..." Karlie were taken back a moment, as her attention had been across the street.
"Oh, oh yea.....
...er, I mean, no thank you. I 'm good with the natural light...the window...thanks." She replied, carefully putting the book down and picking up another.

"Say... just noticed a tea shop across the way..." Karlie casually continued the the conversation that the book shop owner initiated...

"Is it any good?... I mean, like has it been opened long?"

"It's been open... awhile" He said, looking over his spectacles toward her.
"You know, you can read a review on it in the Alteria Sun Times... it's the news print down there to your left by the door... otherwise, yea, it's been pretty popular since it opened."

"I see.... well, what's the big deal...why not just go try a tea on my own....right?..hehe.." Karlie moved away from the window and headed toward the door.

"Er, Miss...this is not a book exchange..."

"Huh?...
Oh, shoot." Karlie realized she still had the book in hand.
"Right... " She looked over the old book in hand, nodding. "Perfect..., how much?"

A minute later and with a proper 'prop' in hand, she casually strolled on over across the street.

Sphaera Tea Shoppe... the establishment signage read.
Karlie pulled off a little curious window peep, much like anyone would if not familiar with a shop, before walking in.

"If you would excuse me"
"Coming Ma'am"

CH-3F then head back to get a cup of Sapir Tea after NPC Treasury NPC Treasury asked him to served a Mandalorian who just ordered, as he quickly walks towards the back area passing through customer. He then grab an empty cup from the set of cups for tea, he first check the temperature of the water is hot before making the tea, as he then starts to brew the Sapir Tea by following the instruction he was given for every tea available. A few minutes later CH-3F finish preparing the Sapir Tea, as he put it on a plate and start heading back towards the customer area to bring the tea to the Mandalorian who requested it. He goes over to Talon Richwood to bring his Tea over, as once he is beside his table, CH-3F gently put down the tea on his table.​

"Here is your Sapir Tea, valued customer"
"Hope you enjoy"
"Is there anything else i can help you with?"
"A dessert perhaps?"

CH-3F stood beside the table waiting for a bit incase there anything else he could help him with or if he's going to add anything to his order. Whilst he looks around the room to check if anyone else need his help or in need of a server to order their drink.​

Kay prepared her own cup of tea as Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla began to lay out her questions. While it steeped she simply held the cup in both of her hands, the warmth soothing in it's own way.

"She was...a lovely young lady that only strived to do what was best for everyone in her care, even at her own expense. The deals and agreements made weren't always the right ones in the end, and there were times when she'd ask what I thought, only to go with what her instincts told her what was best. But we all make mistakes. It is part and parcel of being a leader, just as sacrifices are. And for those mistakes she paid for with her life." Kay sipped her tea while she paused, thinking back on the first time that Yasha had visited her on Commenor. The memory always made her smile. "She loved flowers. She never had them where she grew up and they fascinated her. They tended to bring out the innocent child inside of her, the one that longed for a normal upbringing instead of what she had. Flowers, artwork; all of it brought her joy."

There were many secrets about her that Kay was confided in too; ones that she planned on taking to the grave. It didn't matter to her that Yasha was gone. Her promises to hold those secrets would continue on.

"Does that help a little....bit?" Her eyes drifted briefly to the shadow of someone peering in the window.

CH-3F CH-3F Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

dFJuflZ.png

An audible sigh barely crackles through her vocal enhancer as she nods slowly to Kay. "She sounds... She sounds like she tried, Anyway. Better than Mother gave her credit for. But I think father expected too much of the woman. I guess that's the trouble with leaders. Everyone expects more of them than they're capable of. For better or for worse..."

"This has indeed been helpful, Ori'vor'e."(thank you.) She bows her head to Kay.
In truth, This wasn't what she wanted to hear. But she could be content with the fact that she was right all along, She was right not to take a side, As neither were truly right in the end. With her questions answered, It was time to clear her mind and focus on her path anew. And what better way than a cup of Cassius Tea and a chat with her Vode?
She looks over her shoulder, Checking on Talon Richwood in the background, And Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat , Whom she didn't recognize, And assumed to be a customer, But stared at through the empty black T-Visor nonetheless.

"Hm. You have more customers it seems." She turns back to NPC Treasury NPC Treasury . "Afterwards however, Care sit with me and my Companion, Talon? I didn't know this was one of his stops till just now" She chuckles.

Kay nodded to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla . She knew well enough what it was like to try and fail. In the case of being a leader, failure often meant the deaths of others. That's how it was in her case. Nearly 10 million souls were lost during a battle when her planet was seiged. That was quite a few years ago, yet she still carried the guilt for it after all that time. It was part of what kept her away from becoming anything more than what she now was; a tea merchant.

Yet both her late husband and her son wanted her to do more with herself; to help others and help the Galaxy, because apparently serving others in this capacity just wasn't good enough for them. Yes she was just a shadow of her former self. But at least there wasn't any trouble.

"I'd like that, I think. It had been some time since I was in Mandalorian company." She had allowed herself to be adopted into the Raxis Clan in order to save Commenor from the wrath of Ra. That move had worked. Yet no one had exoected it to snowball to what it had. No one had expected it to split her family.

She sipped her tea as the young one left, then gestured for Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat to step inside her shoppe.

Talon Aegis

T
Talon sat quietly for a second before snapping back to reality, his mind had drifted off thinking about what had happened in recent times. Looking up at the droid, he thought about what model it was before saying, "No, I do not require your services any longer, thank you."

Looking around he had the strangest thought in his head, what had lined up to cause this many run ins with Joti. Most had been caused by third-parties, but this was their own choices. Thinking to himself he shrugged going back to his tea. While he wouldn't drink the tea here for his designation to Aegis, he did quietly sit there.

The Mandalorian was tired, he had been doing a lot from a planet filled with lava, to a fortress hovering off a cliff. The Gemini took the most out of him, it was recent and his chest still had pains from it, but he managed. After waking up in an ER he needed time off, this caused him to travel a bit, try and end up back in Mandalore to figure out what had happened to Clan Aegis.

CH-3F CH-3F NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

"Talon's one of the good ones, Far as I know. His moral compass is more refined than my own. Not a bounty hunter or thug, Simply... A Warrior. As it should be. OneS of the better options to re-introduce yourself to Mandalorian company."

She says in a hushed tone to NPC Treasury NPC Treasury before turning to Talon Richwood and making her way over, Taking a seat across from him and removing her new Staff which had been magnetized to her back, And setting it in her lap.

"Vod."
After Setting her tea down, She carefully removes her helmet, Setting it aside on the table before taking up her tea in both hands. Talon, If he had seen her face before, Which he might not have, Would see that Joti's once fiery hair had lost it's dyed colour since their first meeting. Now it was a tousled, Natural ginger that hung unkempt down to her jawline.
As she lifts her cup to her mouth, Her dark blue eyes slowly close. Cassius tea, A favorite of house vizsla and her own clan's, Was a taste she hadn't experienced in years, And brought back many memories. And for once in her life, They were memories of better times.

"Mm... It's been... ten years or more? Since I last had a warm cup of Cassius tea..."

Her eyes flick open once more as she glances at Talon. "So what brought you here, Talon? I didn't expect to run into you."
"Not in a tea shop anyway. Funny, We have a habit of finding each other it seems."

Talon Richwood NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

Talon Aegis

T
Talon looked up giving a nod in response, "Welcome vod." Sitting there he waited for a minute looking around, before returning to the newly unhelmeted Mandalorian in front of him. Her hair surprised them a little, though he did enjoy the color, red was a pretty unique color. Though while he assumed that she would expect his helmet to come off, if the offer ever arose, he would have to decline.

"Ten years? Must've been a while, it's my first." Though the tea was going to remain stagnant for a while he was anticipating its taste.

"I just need rest, I remember how well I was treated here, so I decided to make a return. Though that may be all I remember fo last time." This made Talon laugh for a second, shaking his head to what had happened. This made him eye his tea for a second, he did remember that he had gotten the wrong tea, but he didn't expect that to happen again.

"Neither did I expect you in such a tea shop, and curious how we keep ending up in the same place in such a vast galaxy. Though I was heading Mandalore to try and get some answers, and this place was on the way, so I decided to stop by." The reason he was going to Mandalore were only due to reports told to him by others.

"What brings you to the tea shop?"

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Karlie Lynn Destat

A rush of blood...or were it more a rush of adrenaline that hit her smack front and center?

Karlie had never met this Lady Kay face to face before. But that didn't mean that the woman didn't recognize her. After all, the woman were reportedly with the Amalgam when Karlie and the coalition dropped in on the the witch (Amalgam) with all guns blazing. Well, not so much with Karlie blazing away. it were more her battle droids laying out grazing fire, providing both cover and distraction for her Karlie. She were able slip through the front lines, seeking both her mother and Nine Lives... all under the Amalgam's grip.

The question now presented itself; 'did Kay just recognize her?'
Karlie were uncertain at best, as she returned a nod of acknowledgement to the woman. This was after all a tea shop.

As expected she came upon a few glances her way. One in particular happened to be a Mando. Two were about. Karlie had counted two from across the street, who hadn't exited the shop yet.
The momentary glance. It were a glance, no? Difficult to say when that person was behind a visor...

2nd question came to mind; 'were these Mandos in league or under hire with this woman?'
Again, uncertain.

One must understand that Karlie once had a zealous Mando come after her once on Azteri...compliments of the Amalgam, no less.
But Karlie were no enemy of the Mandos, not as a whole anyway.
She had been on Concord Dawn. Had walked witnessed the spewed bodies of fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, whom sacrificed their lives to defend their home. Karlie had tread the bloody tunnel waters leading to the devastated shipyard... bodies still floating about. They had been people, all Mandos that had died fighting the sith hordes.
Karlie herself had been on a mission of retrieval on Concord Dawn. As thus she had bared witness to the atrocities committed by the sith.

The few remaining resistance fighters she had run into had decided to remain, declining her urgent plea to leave Concord Dawn with her. To this day, Karlie wondered what became of those brave few Mandos.
Karlie had respect for people like that... people that would fight to the very last for their people and home.

So as a whole, did Karlie understand their culture as a people? Yes.

Did she understand as to their pay for hire, mercenary livelihood outside their systems? No.
No, because mercenaries in her mind only fought for credits and not for honor. The one Mando whom had come for her was credited under the Amalgam.... he had no honor to work for such an evil witch with no morals.
This experience made it difficult for Karlie to trust any Mando outside their culture and system... for one never knew whom they were fighting/working for in the open galaxy.
Which of course brings us back to the two Mandos in Kay's shop.

Hell, Karlie could have even been fighting alongside one of them against the sith. But outside of their system everything changes when they have a bounty to collect. Even if it is on one of their former allies. So did Karlie trust these two Mandos whom seemed pretty cozy around the proprietor? Hahaha... er, gulp. No.

Karlie nevertheless stood her ground, not showing any reluctance in entering despite the possibility that Kay knew who she was and the possibility these two Mandos were her hired bodyguards. In fact, Karlie returned her acknowledgement to the proprietor. After all there could be a slight chance kay, nor anyone here knew her. Besides, if she were on their bounty list, wouldn't she be looking down one of the barrels of their blaster by now? Crap...why did that ginger... er, that Mando woman just lay that weapon on her lap like that?

Tathump...
Good Lord, Karlie bumped into one of the empty tables as she were making her way past the said Mandos.
"Heh..." Karlie rightly removed her shades and continued on. "..excuse me.."
No the sunglasses didn't impede her vision, no. Unfortunately it were her nerves and focus on the two seated Mandos that had her-
...well, she were unarmed (and in
casuals) and quite vulnerable in this woman Kay's lair.

Karlie opted for a seat, facing the exits, both entrance and back door. Hopefully the back door lead somewhere outside and not to a dead end.

"Uhm... yea.... you serve coffee and doughnuts?" She asked when what appeared to be a droid came up to serve her. Heh, how about that; a servant droid she came to realize. Karlie were not used to servant droids. Castagne had people serving people. Droids, well droids were for repetitive tasks and such.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury / Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla / Talon Richwood / CH-3F CH-3F

Last edited:
Kay remembered Talon Richwood . Or rather, she remembered his armour. Mandalorians seem to enjoy their own unique styles which was great, for it was hard to identify them without being ables to see their faces. Yet there were some that she knew quite well.

Those days were long gone though; a part of history just like she was. Her life now was much like any could respect from retirement. Though her retirement was forced and brought about quite early. She had not even reached fifty standard years before she had become a window not once; but twice. And twice was two times too many.

Veiere's spirit had visited her already, wanting her to make more of the years that she had left than serving tea. Even her son had tried to convince her to. But what was there for her to do? Her resources were vastly limited, she had little to no connections and even less when it came to trust. More often than not people just tended to walk by, treating her like an invisible ghost of a time long since past.

At least in her shoppe people needed her. Sure it was only for a few minutes at a time, and each day brought about a different crowd, but it was far better than doing nothing.

Yet she was so out of touch with the Galaxy, almost as though she really was dead like her husbands. But that was part and parcel of being on a backwater planet. At least her children were doing well. Grown up now, it would only be a matter of time before they had children of their own. That is if either of them wanted to.

Kay watched Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat as she stumbled into a table and raised a brow with an amuzed smirk on her face. She seemed the nervous sort. Hopefully whatever tea she chooses ends up being a calming one. No doubt CH-3F CH-3F would serve her well.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

As he finished serving the Mandalorian with his Sapir Tea, he glanced around and saw a woman how just came to the shop, who need someone to order. CH-3F begin walking towards her table, as every movement he does makes a metallic and squeaky noise, typical of a droid. CH-3F continue to walk passing through customers and tables, as he slides around to avoid disturbing them. He then finally arrived next to Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat as he gave her a quick bow, she then ask him if they have coffee and doughnuts. CH-3F then scratches his head, as he's not sure if they have coffee in the back but he know they have doughnuts that are freshly baked. ​

"I'm not to sure if we have coffee in the shop, but we do have tea to replace your order if you would like"
"Also we just baked our products today, so we definitely have some doughnuts at the back"
"What kind of doughnuts do you want Ma'am?

If she does indeed need some coffee, CH-3F would be glad to get some beans outside and brew her some coffee if that's the case. CH-3F made a lot of coffee back when he was working for the CIS, as he mostly made them for the organic who were in charge. He even had to buy them first cause they usually don't have coffee at their base, as most of them are droids, thus have no need for such things.​

Karlie Lynn Destat

"Uhm.... sure. Tea will be fine." She replied, eyes bouncing between the droid, Kay and the Mandos.
"A House Special, I guess. As long as it's not too strong. Not needing any stimulus right this time."
Damn it were odd having a droid serve her. Karlie were not at all used to service droids. At least not civil service ones.
Her world had only human's working, serving others. It were good for Castagne's economy and everyone benefitted.

Sure, Castagne had droids. But they were for dangerous and intricate mechanical repetitive tasks, including military droids. Hell, Karlie herself had a horde of battle droids. But droid servants? How odd it were to interact with them in a social setting. Androids, sure. they were replicants of humans and justifiably had acute AI.

"Oh, and a Cinnamon doughnut?... if not...then...oh I don't know... a honey glazed one?" She certainly seemed distracted and a bit nervous.

"That should do it for now...er, thank you?" Maybe it was good that she were being served by a droid Karlie were figuring. Then again, she should relax...settle down a bit. No one was reaching for blasters...yet.
She gave the droid a curtesy smile, before opening up the book she had just bought from that book shop across the street.

Karlie's eyes bugged out as she took up the book and realized it's content.
'CONTINENCE and HOW TO COPE WITH IT'

Thump..
She quickly slammed the book shut and quickly turned it over, drawing the binder's edge toward her so as to hide the side tittle of the book. Karlie had randomly picked up the book in the shop across the street to take with her as a prop to enter Kay's Tea shop.

She thought about for awhile, Staring into her cup and watching the steam drift through the air while she attempted to come up with an answer. She was a very private woman, And the best answers in her opinion were the ones that answered the question while revealing as little as possible, Something she needed to practice more often.

"Mandalore huh...? You're either braver or more stupid than I am" She chuckles at Talon Richwood .

"I'm here because... Sigh I'm trying to see if tea can replace some bad habits. I've been the hotheaded merc for too long, I need to control the flames before they burn more than my enemies. Tea isn't exactly a coping mechanism, But it's about the lifestyle. A cup of cassius, An hour of meditation after practice. I need to be better to myself if I'm-"

"..excuse me.." Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat bumps into an empty table behind her, Causing joti glance over her shoulder suddenly, Giving the woman a once over.

"Hey, Aruetisse," She calls out after the woman's finished her order "It's a tea shop, Not a shady cantina, So just Relax. We're not looking to cause trouble for NPC Treasury NPC Treasury and you're no good to me dead." She fakes a chuckle, shaking her head as she turns back to talon. She knew the woman was probably watching talon and herself. Mandalorians had a reputation as a warrior race. Just seeing the iconic T-shaped visors told everyone in their sight that she was a warrior, That she could and
would fight anyone that challenged her. It was that subconscious fear that built empires, won battles, and earned them both fame and infamy. And that infamy, Had earned them the scorn of the entire galaxy... No one would ever trust her people. That's why the jedi fought them before the fall, Why the sith betrayed and wiped out her entire culture after, And why people like this stared and shunned her for the past decade. Her fist clenches around the tea cup. Thankfully she wasn't wearing gauntlets, else it may have shattered.

By Manda... It isn't fair... We fight your wars for you, But we'll never be people to you, Will we...?

">Sigh< Maybe this was a bad idea... I need to look into something fast acting. Maybe those nervesticks the troopers used to chew on. Non-addictive, Calms the nerves... I guess Mando'ad just don't get a break... Gotta act fast, Even to relax."

Talon Richwood NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

(OOC: Said I'd be back and here I am! sorry for the delay, shouldn't happen again)

Last edited:
Kay watched as CH-3F CH-3F waited on Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat . Her amused expression remained, although it faltered slightly as she heard Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla speak up. There was a wide range of customers inside of her shoppe at the moment. Some were Sith, some were Jedi, some were Mando. And some, like herself, didn't fit in any category at all.

The book that Karlie brought with her was quite...unusual. It made Kay wonder if it was some kind of ploy. The woman was nervous afterall, and it wouldn't be the first time that someone had tried to gain intelligence on her children through their mother. Both her son and daughter were making names for themselves, fighting the good fight in their own ways. And with that they had each gained themselves some powerful enemies.

Kay didn't want any tensions in her shop, no matter who they were. So she casually approached Karlie's table with her hands clasped in front of her. "Everything alright? There's nothing to be nervous about here. Not one person has tried to shoot up my shoppe yet, and none will. So just relax..."

Karlie Lynn Destat

'Shiet.... here we go...' thought Karlie, looking at a rather empty table. The tiny vase was all that were on the table for now....glass/ceramic vase. Ok, yea...break vase, use the razor's edge and...and-
Sigh
No, Karlie knew she'd never go through with it. Damn mandos, she thought... she knew she should have waited till they left...should have tried confronting Kay when she were less protected. Well, whatever. Karlie had managed to get out of tougher situations

Kay had come over to her. That is, following cue from the female mercenary. It were what it looked like. What now?
Well, what followed, aside from realizing the female mando was just being tough-ass, was that Kay approached her in a sincere manner.

This?..this woman was the same Kay whom had been in liege with the Amalgam?
There was a moment of deafening silence...Ok, more like 10 or so seconds of silence before Karlie could utter a word, as Kay had just tipped her off her game. It was not what Karlie had expected.

"You...you're Kay." Karlie met her eyes.
This couldn't be the same woman, for her eyes were not that of a genocidal maniac, like that of the Amalgam. kay had the eyes of a mother....there was no hate, behind those orbs.
"You're the owner here." Duh, no kidding. It were looking like the ol'cliché of blondes being- uhm 'not so smart' was just proven true.

"You don't know me...do you?" Karlie only repeated what her own thoughts were revealing. This woman before her had no idea as to whom she were.
Karlie, along with a coalition of forces had laid siege not a few months ago on the very same fortress that this woman had been in. Of course Kay had not been the one they were attacking, but she were said to have been there when they did. Evidence and recordings showed this woman had been there. And along with that, Karlie's own mother...the reason she had currently seeked this woman for.
Needless to say, the coalition had it's shortcomings with what was unearthed there. They had indeed rescued whom they came for (Nine Li'Ves), but only to have the Amalgam and Karlie's mother slip through their fingers.

"But I think you may know my mother..." She said, voice faltering on the last word.

Talon Aegis

T

Talon sat for a second quietly, "I am most definitely both, quite an idiot, quite a brave dumbass. Though I do need answers, you know how it is." Quietly laughing to himself, "And if you're so hotheaded do what I do, hold it in and then let it all out at a shooting range, eventually you will make it so you won't need to excuse your anger." This isn't what Talon used anymore, though it was how he calmed down after he dealt with Renn's crap.

Turning to the one who had bumped into the table, he just shrugged and rejoined the conversation. When Joti talked about someone needing to relax he was a little confused though just shook his head, "Can't really tell if you're cynical or just an ass." This caused him to chuckle. Talon looked at his drink once more deciding to try the filter he had on his mask to drink.

The liquid got caught in the filter not much getting through it. Laughing he realized that he would have to modify it to allow drinking more easily, right now, little could get through. "I never found what the soldiers use very effective, it's because they wear off, and are less lasting. This isn't something that can just be solved with simple objects. And no, unfortunately, it seems like us will never relax again, we have too much against us, along with enough with us to take a break."

Talon thought about ways to relax for a second, he would need to be backed by a clan to hold off and settle down, but as of now, he had little to no relationships with them.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat CH-3F CH-3F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom