Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add the Rishi Maze and Firefist Companion Galaxies as Forums

A suggestion carried over from the original post - HERE - and as suggested by [member="Itash Mecetti"]

The Banned List is an integral part of Chaos and it serves a purpose to ensure that specific situations that arise do not break the site by preventing access to those tools that would otherwise cause those situations to arise in the first place. However; as marked on the Banned List - there is a minor allowance of a banded item.

Extragalactic Subjects (canon species/technology/planets/etc exempt.)
While the original suggestion was to include additional maps - that of Otherspace and the Companion Galaxies - alongside the primary map; while interesting in itself - it would provide additional problems in terms of time and effort put in by those already working hard on keeping our current map updated each month.

However; there is a middle ground that was suggested by Itash - and can be expanded upon.

Star Wars has a history of visiting or otherwise setting up some additional story possibilities when it comes to the companion galaxies. We even see from the rule above that while Extragalactic Subjects are banned - those does not include canon species, technology, planets, etc etc. Though I feel that not many utilize those canon aspects because they are included - albeit as a clarification - on the banned items list.

Because when was the last time you saw someone playing a Tof or Nagai character? Or mention their adventures in the Rishi Maze?

I would thus like to suggest that we allow and open up to further exploration and development the companion galaxies.

More specifically the two closest of the companion galaxies - Companion Aurek, also known as the Rishi Maze and Companion Besh, known locally as Firefist. While these two would be approved (as they are the closest and there is precedence already in the form of established species and stories that show they can be traveled to and from with relative ease) the remaining companion galaxies (Cresh, Dorn, Esk, Forn and Grek) would remain off-limits due to their distance and no established Star Wars Legends Canon involving those galaxies.

I believe that this would allow an otherwise often empty or overlooked regions to be further explored, developed and potentially lead to additional stories and plots - as well as Site Events - that could take place in these relatively untouched locations.

To further keep these locations and stories contained - I would also suggest the establishment of a new forum titled "Companion Galaxies" with the subforums of "The Rishi Maze" and "Firefist" - located in the Roleplay Section.

To further keep these locations and stories contained - I would also suggest the establishment of a new forum titled "Companion Galaxies" with the subforums of "The Rishi Maze" and "Firefist" - located in the Roleplay Section.
Is a nope on my end.

One of the beautiful things here is that we don't need a separate forum for rp based on locations. In fact, you can already RP these locations out if you use the non-canon tag (unless I'm misunderstanding the rules).

So whether it's added or not (I'm personally indifferent about it), please don't add extra forums. We have enough of those in the current set up and there shouldn't be a reason to add more even if this does go through.

I will concede that you have a valid point in terms of the addition of separate forums for these locations.

I believe that the original intent and thus the spirit of this suggestion is that we remove the current status that the Rishi Maze and Firefist Galaxies have in regards to the Codex Rules - that being that planets, species, locations and other content specifically designed for these locations are banned.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
We don't have subforums for the regions of the galaxy, so why for those outside of the galaxy? There is no point to, as it will just clash with the current theme, that being it is sorted between private and public threads. Just keep to this theme, simple.

I have conceded to that fact that new forums wouldn't be added - though the suggestion remains of opening up the banned status of custom planets and locations specifically made for the Rishi Maze and Firefist Galaxies.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I believe this suggestion kind of left the scope of the one I had.

Mine was fairly simple.

Remove the restriction on subbing extra-galactic things (be that species, planets, locations) in the Codex. This doesn't need additional forums, categories or anything else. I don't think that would negatively impact the Major Faction game (as it wouldn't be placed on the map), wouldn't do much against balance and would allow an additional path to expanding creativity for writers.

It would be up to the Codex Admin, [member="Allyson Locke"], though. They and the rest of the admin team would have the last call on this, because it is a removal from the ban list.

I will agree that I had added more than was needed - which I realize has over complicated the base idea of what you've suggested as a solution for the other suggestion in adding additional maps.

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

I also feel - as you've stated - that removing the restriction on creating submissions for these locations would have little impact on the overall mechanics of the site.

At this point I'll leave it in the capable hands of the Codex Admin and the Site Admins.

[member="The Whispering Tyrant"]
I am struggling to understand why making a submission on another map would be any different. There's billions of star systems in a galaxy, to the point that we could have a billion for each writer, enough so that even if you made one planet sub a minute it would take you 1,900 years to fill your allocation.

There is no need for it except 'because I wanna', and that's not a good reason.

If it is opened up it will only be for limited usage such as an event, in the same way we had people sub planets for the Vong galaxy a few years back.

I believe - personally - that it goes beyond the 'because I wanna' mentality - though I can understand your viewpoint on this.

While yes, the galaxy is still open and wide - there's always been an air of mystery when it comes to the Rishi Maze and Firefist companion galaxies. These are locations that are not as widely explored and developed upon when it comes to the canonical lore of Star Wars beyond a few species here (the Tof, Nagai, etc etc) and the mention of a base or planet here or there - and often at times just in passing.

I see the Rishi Maze and Firefist as being additional locations to expand up, to further develop beyond what is already established and help fill in some blanks.

However; I will concede to your view point - as ultimately it is the decision of the Staff - If you do believe that the only reason available is 'because I wanna' then I will retract the suggestion.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
[member="The Whispering Tyrant"]

I am genuinely curious, what reason could one have to create something in the 'other galaxies' that you are unable to do so within the galaxy we inhabit?

[member="Raiz Australis"]

Technological isolation and cultural isolation for one... There are a few existing canon species and such that hail from these locations... Then there is the practical/impractical aspect of creating a custom location that is safe from "most" harassment by passing major/minor factions.

Also, you could have a major faction that takes control of every corner of a companion galaxy. A feat which is practically improbably in the main galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom