Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actual Interest check: Dark Jedi Order

Hey folks, its your friendly neighborhood Alkyholic, here to talk to you about...

Wait, I'm not here to talk about booze and the wonders of drunkenness? That's new. Well, alright.

Ahem.

I came over from another website some two, maybe three months ago now. I really enjoy Chaos, and I see a high level of writing here mixed in with a more casual setting. That's really cool to me. So, a big thing for me is that unlike most normal people, I really don't like Jedi or Sith much. I'll occasionally create one to play around with, but my passion has always been for the less traditional. Mandalorians and Dark Jedi come to mind, prominently.

So, a large sect of Dark Jedi formed the core group of writers I used to deal with. We had an order, highly functional, which enjoyed a great deal of story with a lot of really cool people. One thing led to another, however, and like all good things it came to an end.

That's all well and good, but I'm the sort of person who sees a new site as an opportunity for something new and improved, and with the writers on Chaos, some serious interest, and a good story, I think there's plenty to work with.

Of course, that depends entirely on all of you.

So how about it? Who's interested in a Dark Jedi Order?

[member="Alkor Centaris"] Maybe I'm misinterpreting things, but isn't that the purpose of the the Brotherhood? Or is that supposed to encompass more of a rogue/neutral/dark jedi circle rather than just strictly dark jedi?

there have been several attempts, most but not all devolve into just a regular darkside faction that either goes sith or dissolves because they are already part of one. Maybe a handful (see Orcus link above) have more of a purpose then just dark jedi gathering together to take over the galaxy

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ke'dem is a fairly specific thing; there's a reason it's not a faction. That said, I'm more than willing to combine assets and take things in new directions.

[member="Joza Perl"]

The Brotherhood encompasses a wider range of parties interested in combat against the Sith, which allows them an open door policy for allies. In contrast, while the Dark Jedi Order is/would operate within the bounds of the Brotherhood, it would function as its own entity for the sake of training/convening Dark Jedi (specifically).

Since Dark Jedi are by nature chaotic and don't play well with leaders, the structure will be more anarchistic than most traditional orders, as well.

The Brotherhood will continue to function as an Anti-Sith Coalition and offer protection to Free Worlds under its banner.

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

I like it. I like the idea of a good story coming of this...

[member="Belle Morte"]

See, one of my biggest qualms with the generic Dark Jedi outlook is that so many people think of it as "power, control, et al." There is a level of complexity in the designation that gives every individual a different drive. The urge to take over the galaxy might motivate some, but there are others who in contrast simply want to be left alone. Then there are those, like Alkor, who strongly believe that the nature of darkness is not what the Sith have made it out to be.

In the end, it doesn't really matter where you fall on the spectrum, the idea is for them to come together and share ideas, camaraderie, and good writing, and we have a lot of potential to do something that's never been done.

Dark Jedi?

Order?

file.jpg

[member="Alkor Centaris"], A coalition of Narssistic loners with very little in common? Yeah, that'll work. Although the Sith are complete drek right now so. Why the fuck not.

Freedom is a common denominator for any Dark sider, the problem becomes the notion of unity at that point.

And lets be frank, that's even more of a lie for Sith. :p

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

(In all seriousness, I can explain the system if you're at all interested.)

[member="Darth Vornskr"], [member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Jack Raxis"], [member="Mythos"], [member="Ajira Cardei"], [member="Belle Morte"], [member="Darth Orcus"], [member="Joza Perl"],

I think Alkor will believe me when I say this, but here is my ideal that I hope to create within the Dark Jedi Order with Alkor.

The Sith Code/Creed talks about being set free because of the force. When really, the ideal is that they are "Free" to oppress people, are "free" to use the Dark side of the force however they want, as much as they want, for as long as they want. The Jedi are on the other side trying to hold people accountable for their actions, and give them consequences. Which can be seen as "oppressive" or "lawful" because of the rules set forth.

Dark Jedi are people who have no rules set for them. No regulations, and no "lawful" code set for them. They are in all terms and purposes "Free" to do as they wish, with whatever they want, however they want. Most dark jedi that I see on the site are either one of two archetypes.
  1. Force users who use the Dark side of the force for their needs, and once they are done, stop using the Dark side of the force. They aren't consumed by the dark side of the force, and use it as a tool, rather than become part of the religion of the Sith by enveloping themselves in the Dark side. For example "I Use the dark side to accomplish goal, when done, I stop." where as like the Sith: "I am the Dark side, I use the Dark side, There is no light within me. I am the powerful Sith."
  2. Force users who do not claim themselves as part of the Sith, however, act almost exactly like the sith would. Enveloping themselves in the dark side of the force through pain, suffering, hate, or other motives. Sith are as stated before, however dark Jedi are "Pain is my fuel to the force, I am the Dark side, I use the Dark side. I am NOT a Sith in name, nor part of the religion of Sith."
The difference between this faction that Alkor and I are trying to create, is where all Dark Jedi, or basicly, Dark Siders who do not follow the Sith teachings, can come together and train, work within their own cliques, *Chaotic Dark Jedi, and Lawful Dark Jedi* to come up with the same goal. Really, there is no head master, no Grandmaster, no Dark Lord of the _____. It's just a group of people with no real government who come together for one reason, or another. Its in all terms and points summed up into one word,

Chaos.

However, I won't deny, we might have a "Creed" and would be more like a theme of the group, rather than a rule, or a code set that all have to follow. As well, this creed would be under the impression that there are no rules. There are no laws holding us back. The force is not setting us free, the force is not some superior being, the force is a tool for us to utilize for our end goal in life. Therefore, we are completely "Free"

Anyways, just my $0.02

EDIT: Props to you jon for the company linked above.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

So here's a little devils advocate. If it's just all free roaming dark siders with no actual law or council or creed, what is the draw of the faction? Mind you this has been tried before. The Order of the Grey comes to mind. The thing with these things is there needs to be a goal, an agenda, a plot arc.

Without an overarcing story you don't have anything other than a bunch of Dark Jedi sitting around waiting for something to happen, or someone to tell them what to do. Keep in mind being free to use the darkside all you want is great, but what sets it apart from just freelancing? What sets it apart from the rest of the Factions?

[member="Jack Raxis"], Its a group. In essence, A gang that has no leader. They work together towards whatever goal that the group has.

Dark Jedi A wants to grab said canon item, and then owes everyone that helped.
Dark jedi B helped DJA get canon item, and calls for him to help him find a special metal.
Dark Jedi C helps both A&B so he calls on both of them to help him with a bounty.

[member="Jack Raxis"], Oh, trust me. There will be at some point of us allying with people and going into war. However, at the moment, and right away Major, I do not see happening. Everything comes in time.

And even then, this is my idea of the faction. Alkor may have a different idea all together. So how about this.

Wait until he comes back on, and let him answer it.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Sir! I greatly appreciate your input and questions, as they have occurred to me and I have given a great deal of thought to how to best answer them. For a while, I was uncertain of that, but I have something for you.

There will be an overarcing story. I'm a massive fan of a good, solid plot and it will be absolutely integral for giving the group direction. Since we do respect the individuality of each Dark Jedi and require no fealty toward a singular leader, there has to be something that holds them together.

So, here's the premise for the main faction story. Once we move into the designated territory, we will infiltrate and influence local crime syndicates in order to quickly spread influence. We won't maintain a presence within them, instead dealing with them as necessary to ensure the black market economy stays stable. (We'll mostly be working in the eastern outer rim, and some of the planets I'm looking at are in Hutt Space in particular.) The planets themselves will be allowed to conduct themselves as "Free Systems" under a united banner, which in turn will pay the Order protection fees (this establishes the group's government, which does not need to be controlled by Dark Jedi unless a particular writer has vested interest in political intrigue.) It also gives us a valid reason for shoring up troops and raising a fleet.

The main story will involve ensuring the freedom of the Dark Jedi characters (re: liberation from the political machines of the GR and GA, and the oppression of the Sith. This will open up the floodgates for all out war against enemies as they arise.) and it will take the form of expansion over a long period of time, under the mask of planetary liberation. The Free Systems will expand their holdings, and in their shadow, the Dark Jedi will prosper.

Credit to Zephyr, everything he said is pretty much on point- I just want it known that I have thought it out much deeper than "Dark Jedi party woo."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Jedi Academy Network is a Minor Faction that greatly succeeds in offering both IC locations and OOC reasons for Jedi writers to get together and do stuff. No leadership positions to hold and no creedos to swear to. It's simple and it works.

And I would love to see all the Dark Jedi do something similar. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom