Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Act II: A Trip To Wonderland

Group 1: Festival of Lights

Glass of wine in hand, Desmond mingled through the crowd. With the dress code in place, it was plainly obvious who was from where, or at the very least what they stood for. People who would have been bitter, bloody enemies not so long ago stood shoulder to shoulder and simply existed together in peace. If only it hadn't taken so long for the galaxy to learn to live like this.

He lifted his head towards the sky and watched the fireworks erupt against the stars. Even if war was over, maybe he could get into pyrotechnics. There was a lot of overlap with what he already knew how to do.

He took a long sip, and glanced among the party, eyes lingering in particular on the various women in attendence. A twi'lek in typically scandalous attire, a very pretty human girl who was certainly far too young for him, and a woman in a black mask who seemed to just be... waiting. He thought to introduce himself, but a faint sensation in the back of his mind distracted him, and he instead took another long swig of his wine in an attempt to chase it away.

Emily Vani

E
Group 2: The Masquerade Ball at the Citadel of Thorns

Emily spotted a figure by the window. Walking up to @[member=Arthur David Hardrada], Emily politely curtsies. "Good evening, sir!" She says with a formally excited voice. "What do you think of this place? It's quite posh, a bit dreary in some places but all-in-all, I think it's wonderful." Emily was happy to be here, happy to talk, and waiting for the man's response, she takes another quick glance through the room. Something felt off. She couldn't place it.

Instead of looking still, she turned back to the man she had just approached.

Group 1: Festival of Light

Among the crowd of the Festival of Light, Daella looked up to the sky as the fireworks exploded above. She sported a blank, dazed face. She wore a gown suited for the Masquerade Ball on the other side of the island. Then again, several others of the Festival of Light wore similar outfits.

As she walked through the open space, Daella approached one of the many booths full of games and food. As the person in charge of the booth attempted to grab Daella’s attention and get her to play, a ropo walked up to Daella and began to rub up against her heels.

Ignoring the critter at her feet, Daella continued to walk in the same direction as most of the crowd went. The ropo followed just a foot behind her.

Amber eyes swept across the gathered crowd, a peculiar sensation lingering in the pit of her stomach. Her free hand lifted, fingers clasped around a delicately feathered fan. The cool air was welcome as she tilted her head up towards her companion, her other hand resting properly in the crook of his arm. Her delicate golden latticework mask did little to obscure her features, but more to enhance them.

Auburn tresses were swept up into a stylishly mussed confection beneath her hat, a smile slowly curled her glossy lips. "Shall we go in, Lucianus?" Mara purred softly, her accent rolling softly through her words.

@[member="Lucianus Adair"]

@[member="Emily Vani"]

He turned his head for a moment to check if the voice was directed at him and when he was sure he pulled his mask back down, she had probably seen his face but it wasnt like the outer edge of the galaxy king was a common face, it would be surprising if she knew him. "Well yes its certainly a beautiful and immense place, i myself was taking in a bit of fresh air and staring up at the stars for a moment. Im not the best in social situations, more of a book worm and someone with a love for nature and all but this is a pleasant change. Question though, i assume we arent suppose to introduce ourselves, else it would eliminate the point of the masks?"

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Group 1: Attending the Festival of Light
The how was completely irrelevant. Curupira's golden eyes, hidden under her pretty little mask, lit at the sights of the festivities. Everything felt so alive and her inner child was just so ready to join on all of it. There was why somewhere in the back of her mind, sure, but Ruu didn't care much for the why. She was where the party was. She took moment to take in everything around her, the lights, the people, the children... before her attention turned to the fun. Fireworks. Her feet started moving completely on its own, taking her to where to her mind knew it wanted to be.

There was probably so much more the redhead could see, but right at this very moment, the promise of a colorful sky and bang sounds like slugs being fired that got all her attention and it was just what Curupira wanted right now.

Arla stood with @[member="Verz Horak"] and @[member="Ordo"], she wore something she had never dreamed of having on. Once she had seen the invitation and knew it was a masquerade ball and a costume was required she scoured the shops looking for something that would make her mysterious to others, but known to her friends. She had finally found something that complimented her complexion and her red hair. Standing still her costume flowed all around them. She looked at Verz in his armor, he looked so handsome, so virile and strong.

"I'm so excited Verz'ika I've never been to one of these before" the line seemed so long, and everyone around her was so elegantly dressed and the air seemed to tingle and snap with excitement as everyone waited to go inside.

Arla looked to Ordo, and smiled he was now her clansmen. Officially adopting her that day at the lake.

Rexus Drath

Taking out a cigarette Rex stuck it in his mouth then pulled out his silver imperial knights light saber and activated it with a snap hiss. Placing it up to the cigarette in his mouth he ignited the tip then took a long drag. "Nah, I'm a in the now kind of guy and no ones trying to kill me right now so all things considered I really dont care." Rexus chuckled then exhaled the smoke before putting his saber away. Taking another drag he exhaled and watched the fireworks go off in the distance

"I mean you could be a lot more pretty and a girl. But hey other than that I'm not complaining. Smoke?" he said offering a smoke from the pack to him. Most Jedi never smoked but hey there was no shame in asking the kid. "You just got roll with it bro." Chuckling again Rex was enjoying himself. Sure the space hippy wasn't what he called great company but it was better than a group of psychos trying to kill them @[member="Vulpesen"]

Group 1 Festival of light

Oh now this was a fun time to be had and she simply would not miss being in attendance now. With full armor and her equipment it was all a matter of enjoying the time of playing with her food while the fringe master tapped her hands along the side of her sword and armor. Just plain nothing to bad all she wanted to do was give them a hug it seemed before stabbing them. "Time to have a little fun." Her head was on a swivel almost searching last time crazy things were happening she had been infected and made to eat people.... So the infection was a new thing.

Vulpesen shrugged at the man's words and decided to go by his advice. Still, he refused the cigarette. Living in the now and killing oneself later were two different things to him. "In any case, we can at least have a look around. Perhaps our answers ain't that far away." Turning around, Vulpesen walked off towards the fireworks, using the force to find out what was on his armor. So far, he could pick up durasteel, his saberstaff, and about ten daggers in each tail. We might be at a party, but I seem to be prepared for war. Putting aside the unsettling feeling of dread that came when he was this heavily armed, Vulpesen continued on, watching the beauty around him. @[member="Rexus Drath"]

Raven tresses were swept up in a delicate confection, carefully held in place with pins capped in multicolored diamonds. They refracted tiny rainbows of light amidst her curls, as did the gems dangling along the bottom of her delicate, feathered mask. Air swirled around her and teased at her skin, flawless and pale, so much of it visible with the cut of her gown. A fan dangled from her free hand, while the other was caught up in Dissero's, his presence at her side a calming influence.

Something felt off, but she could not put a finger on it. Instead, she focused on the guests swirling around them, delighting in the spectacle of gowns and masks.

@[member="Lord Dissero"]

Rexus Drath

"Space hippies." he said under his breath rolling his eyes afterwards. Walking forward the two knights advanced and looked around them. Rex was dressed in some strange costume that he woke up in, but he still had his Cortosis glove and his saber so that was working out pretty well for him. And best of all he still had his smokes, "You know you really need to learn to take in the scenery. I've been sweeping the minds of the people in this place for the last ten minutes and I've got nothing from them. This place is freaken weird." catching up to vulps he flicked some ash off his cigarette and looked over to him

"And I'm a damn good mentalist too. I'm getting nothing but a foreboding sense of this place is bad." normally Rex wasn't going to risk his own skin staying in a place like this but with the minds of the people he was picking up there were some heavy hitters and it was best if they were to just stay together. @[member="Vulpesen"]

Emily Vani

E

"Traditionally, we should not talk about anything having to do with our identity until the midnight dance." Masquerades were a fun thing, and Emily happened to know a bit about them. "But for formality's sake, you may call me 'M,'" she says with a smile. The room was hot and she was beginning to sweat. She pulled out a rustic looking fan and cooled herself off with a gleam in her eye, staring intently at the man.

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

Peace. The wars were over, which according to this euphoria Na'Varro was feeling, was a very good thing. Why or how the man had gotten here was irrelevant. All that mattered was he was supposed to be here, enjoying this moment ... but there was another feeling. Elusive ... like something was amiss. Alen chose to ignore it. His gut feeling was often wrong. Clad as an Equit of Ascension; strong black suit complemented by a fur cloak, Alen entered just as they were setting the fireworks off. Glorious. That was when he noticed @[member="Kitt Solo"] ... her red dress made her stand out. Na'Varro noticed her figure with a complementary lingering look and made his way through the throng of festive people towards her.

"You look nice." He said, grinning with a spark in his eye. It wasn't what you said, it was how you said it.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Arthur nodded and crossed one arm over his chest and one behind his back before bowing in greeting to her, it was a common greeting on Iferetes and he did it without even thinking of how it looked to others. "Very well, call me... hmm how about Polarius, it has a meaning for me as i am sure M does for you." He straightened up and returned a smile as he stood there, glancing about the room. "So this is a ball is all, dancing and what not... never was good at such things."

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul

"Now this is something I can get behind." Saki was sitting there to watch the fireworks and enjoy the show. She wanted to have some fun now with all of this and what had been going on. Hell the idea of going to the ball had been not something she wanted for the simple fact she had attended enough of those. Been to enough to last a lifetime or two growing up in Hapes as a kid then if needed she went back as a jedi. Now she was here and checked her kama and vest. Her saber if she needed it but more importantly her bracers for fighting. "Alright lets see what we can find."

Emily Vani

E

"Nor I. My Fiance might know a thing or two, but I never had a life in which those things were of importance." Looking at the crowd of dancers she looked at their moves, calculating how hard it would be to try and attempt to match anything close to that. "But, one will never learn if one doesn't try." Though unorthodox, she offered her hand to Polarius - or whomever this man was - and said, "Would you like to learn with me?"

He smiled and glance towards her from where he was looking, something about what she said obviouslt funny, and he was not one to just stay quiet on such facts. "Odd how the rest of the galaxy works, and what not, offering a man to learn to dance when you have a Fiance..." He blinked for a moment and tilted his head back before looking back at her. "Sorry like i said i dont understand some of the things done in rest of the galaxy, i dont leave my home often, of course i would like to learn with you. @[member="Emily Vani"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Before her ears heard his familiar voice, she felt him through the force. A smile pulled on the corners of her lips as she turned to look into the very familiar, bearded-face of Alen Na'Varro. They fought wars together, shared meals, and survived some fairly tough odds.

It was safe to say they were more than just friends.

And from the look he gave her and the feelings she picked up from her empath skills, it was safe to say he was thinking the same thing. "Hey Na'Varro," she took a moment to drink him in with her eyes before stepping forward. He seemed different after Seoul and it made her pause. But not for long.

Hands came up to brush the tops of his shoulders, flicking away some errant grains of sand. "Bring any surprises in your jacket tonight, or is that only reserved for Fringe and Artisan parties?"

She remained close but her hands drifted away from his shoulders and back casually down to her sides.

Emily Vani

E

Taking his hand and walking to the dance floor she explains, "Well, he may or may not be upset with me about this. But I don't plan on taking any romantic actions toward you," she says with a smile. "But normally, one shouldn't ask another man to dance with her if she has a fiance. But tonight all is well and I see no reason why a dance would hurt." Placing his hands where they should be on her curvy body, she takes one last glance at another dancing couple. "Like this," she says mimicking the people she had been watching. "1,2 ,3 ,4, and a 1,2..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom