Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Act I Through the Looking Glass [Blue Zone Open thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimatum waited a few moments, thinking through how he could get what he needed to know. It was apparent that he had perhaps found the boundaries of the droid's AI capacity. Perhaps it was an isolated case. Perhaps he had found some strange galactic phenomena and this was his problem alone. He would have to figure out where he was. Well that was if he didn't believe the droid, which he actually did believe.

"I believe that I am on Cormalum as you say I am. Unfortunately I believe I may have had an adverse effect from a memory wipe or perhaps an additional upgrade package has damaged my memory circuits. I am afraid that my I cannot remember anything about my location or the history."

He was wondering a number of things, not the least of which was who was in control. Perhaps this was another galaxy, in which case he was somewhat disappointed in the lackluster AI technology. But then perhaps he shouldn't be judging the whole on something so minor as a directional droid or something of that ilk. Nonetheless he was concerned. This was an advanced technology, his scanners were telling him right now that there was little on it that he could properly identify. He wondered what other sort of droids were lying around, perhaps a battle drone somewhere, for keeping the peace or invasion or whatever this government stood for.

[member="Drones"]

[member="Solan Charr"] | [member="Ultimatum"]

The Drone had no protocols for such a response. Citizens knew were they were unless they were ill or under the influence of a prohibitive substance. Explaining which planet they were on was...outside of the Drones parameters. "This is Imperial Center." It was all the Drone could offer.

"This is Imperial Center. How may I assist you?"

Okay, found the edge of the AI for this one. Ultimatum decided that he could not attempt much more in that direction. This droid wasn't made for the kind of information he was seeking evidently. He bet it was more of a directional droid, a little map on repulsor coils pretty much. Useful, if not very helpful to a person completely lost. He wondered if there were more like it nearby. Or perhaps variants that could aid him better.

He didn't know, though he thought of what he could do to try and learn more about the society he was in. The easiest method would be to ask directions for the nearest library of something akin to that. However that would not help him get a real feel for the government. Since only the best was kept in the history books. Official building perhaps? Ask some desk jockey about the planet and the leadership. Another route would be to get himself arrested. But that would start him off on the wrong foot, he didn't want to appear to be evil or bad when he was not.

"Could you contact an authority for me? I believe I may have suffered a form of amnesia and do not remember my identity. If not could you direct me to the nearest droid maintenance shop?" He wondered if the droid was capable of either of these things. He hoped so, if not he would have to go through with one of the other plans.

[member="Drones"]

The Drone was back on familiar territory. A scan of the requestor provided seventeen appropriate matches. One was currently closed due to ill-health of the owner. Of the remaining sixteen, the closest was..."Proceed north for precisely 0.267 kilometres. Turn west and proceed for exactly 0.314 kilometres. Turn left and the maintenance shop is the third building on the left. Ray's Bot Shop. Have a good day, Citizen"

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum smiled politely, he was not certain whether the droid could see him in so far as expression. He was glad for that information, perhaps he could find what he was looking for at the repair shop. "Thank you. Good luck to you." He said in a friendly manner as he turned to moved to follow the memorized directions. It would be nice to see the area and get a feel for the environment.

A thought crossed his mind and he asked quickly, "Oh and where might I find a station for the local police force, or peacekeepers?" He kept his tone innocent, he figured he could ask this Ray if needed but thought that it would be best to ask the droid who knew the area.

[member="Drones"]

Any devices brought through the Mirrorverse would be subverted by the Imperial network. Within minutes they would simply become another terminal on the network tightly controlled by the Empire. They would start to receive hourly propaganda messages.

CGM7Rik.png

Those native citizens of Mirrorverse who had started to display a rebellious attitude and all those who had come from the Chaos Galaxy would find the message morphing into something new.

9fWdPHa.png

[member="Ultimatum"]

The Drone was back on safe ground once more. "From the shop, turn left and proceed for precisely 0.146 kilometres. Turn right at the junction and the building you require will be on your left. Have a good day Citizen."

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Other Nei Laa"]

Nei hadn't needed any more prompting to get to the top guns. She wasn't that good with artillery weapons, but the Nautolan's aim didn't exactly leave folks wanting. And, for good measure, she even shot at a few buildings. There. Kark your bloody planet for taking me again!

By the time the three women (well, four, if you included the girl) had arrived to the abandoned hangar, Nei was already out of the top gun seat and headed down to speak to the mysterious stranger. Funny how willing she was to trust someone she'd just met, whose name she didn't even know, but the female had learned the hard way that when in an unfamiliar setting, the person who offered you help was (usually) the least likely to try and kill you.

"Copy that, go'maeo. I be listening to the comms if there be trouble." With that, Nei gave a casual salute and went to go interrogate the stranger who'd stolen her face.

The two were still in the hangar, huddled together like they were prisoners, not like they'd just been rescued from riots and whatnot. Giving a snort, Nei crouched down across from the two other Nautolans, studying them for a moment.

"Why you have my face, huh? What be your name?"

Lok Maxus

Need moar non-Force-using female Zabraks!
[member="Nei Laa"] [member="Kalyn Skirata"] [member="Cryax Bane"]

Throughout the whole ordeal, neither Nei nor Mona had moved from where they sat on the floor, scared stiff and confused as all get out as to what was going on. Why us? Why are we the ones to get dragged into this? These people had to be those rotten rebels that the Empire was always trying to get rid of; the Emperor would never stand for someone kidnapping his citizens!

Unbidden, memories from a long time ago began to surface, of an insurgent at a fair...

No! The Nautolan turned her thoughts instead to her husband. How would they let Kif know where they were? How could they even reach him? Apparently Mona was thinking the same thing, because she turned her wide-eyed gaze up at her mother. "Mama, what's going on? How will we get back to Daddy?"

"I don't know, sweetie. But I'm sure he'll figure it out. Him, or one of the Emperor's men."

"You-- you mean we aren't with other citizens?"

Nei almost cursed herself. She shouldn't hint that they might be with rebels, otherwise Mona would become even more upset than she was now. "No, no, I didn't mean that. I meant, this is probably some big misunderstanding, and it'll be all sorted out soon."

Her daughter didn't seem to buy it, but nonetheless she quieted down. The Nautolan woman breathed a sigh of relief, glad that it appeared their kidnappers had forgotten them....

...until the other Nautolan came waltzing in, ruining her hopes.

"Why you have my face, huh? What be your name?"

"Well I don't very well know why I have your face, but I can assure you that this face has been mine since I was born." She paused, then, thinking. Should she give over her name? It was useless to them -- she wasn't anything more than a secretary -- so maybe there was no harm. "My name is Nei Colto, and this is my daughter, Mona. My husband is Kif Colto, a merchant."

Ultimatum nodded his thanks as he turned and began making his way to the repair shop first. His mind was constructing a plausible situation in which he was trapped while also calculating the distance that he would have to travel to get to the police station after this Ray's shop. He would need to figure out what was going on and probably decide what he was going to do. He had to get back to Mustafar, his Mustafar. He was not certain if this was his galaxy or his universe. He had never heard of this Empire and the lack of HoloNet made it unlikely that it was near the galaxy he had come from.

It was an interesting exercise in possible answers to an unknown question. He couldn't really answer the question because he didn't have the necessary information. However he need to answer the question anyways. Firstly there was the issue where he was. Imperial Canter, but it wasn't Coruscant. Who was the Emperor? There was peace here, which was something lacking in the galaxy he remembered. In truth he did not care how the peace was obtained, order was more important than any number of organics lives. In his mind anyways, he knew that many would disagree with him.

[member="Drones"]

Solan's eyes hit the datapad before he groaned and looked back up at the drone with a sigh. "Well, this is great... Hey pardon me, you wouldn't happen to know what a lightsaber and Sith are, do you?" That seemed strange to him alone, a thousand years... even in the world Solan, the republic existed and there was no emperor. "Or the Jedi... do you know what those are and where i can find them. If your Emperor defeated the bogan that must mean the Jedi still exist if i am not wrong." He crossed his hands over his chest with a smile and his brow raised. All while he did so his hands focused on the drone through the force, slowly heating up the air around it and if possible inside it. Just in case he had a good feeling that this thing might attack him.

[member="Solan Charr"]

The Drone checked the usual databases. Some were restricted..even for Drones.

"I am sorry Citizen, there is no match in any of my records for Sith or for lightsaber. Or the Jedi. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

It was a short walk, to the repair shop. Given that it was less than half a kilometer away Ultimatum's walking pace brought him there in ten minutes. He could have moved faster and run, but he didn't want to draw attention... not that his larger than life frame and intimidating build was in any way shape or form similar to the grace that surrounded him. A droid built for war stood out very well in a land of peace and order.

The store was just one more proof that this was a relatively peacefully land. Most droid repair shops in the galaxy that Ultimatum was used to had usually had weaponry systems. This place did not. He spent time looking around, taking in the prices and quality of the goods. Most had a craftsmanship that certainly made it nowhere as bad as some of the things made in his galaxy. This was a good place and he decided to stay awhile. He didn't see Ray around at the moment, though he did hear some welding being done in the back of the place. Perhaps he was busy, Ultimatum would have to talk to him later.

[member="A. Dominion"]

Objective: Quell the riots
Enemies: [member="Kalyn Skirata"]
Allies:[member="Marek Starchaser"]

With the Docklands riots in full swing, Cryax was frozen in front of the woman who refused to budge, and shockingly, drew her blaster and threatened to blast him full of holes! He'd never seen citizens behaving like this in all of his time as a loyal Imperial soldier.

"This is for your own good citizen!" the Chiss shrieked at the woman. "The Emperor has ordered us to get civilians off the streets. If you didn't notice there's a karking riot going on here."

A flimsiplast pamphlet floated down from the sky like a petal on the wind. The Gran's propaganda. Suddenly the guilt hit him like a freighter crash landing on his chest. He'd dusted an unarmed man just a few minutes ago, over mere words on flimsiplast. It was murder, plain and simple, and he felt deep remorse over it. His glowing red eyes filled with distress, he put down his stun baton and waved his hand at the woman.

"Go on. Go ahead. I'll let you pass."

His actions might end him up in a DfR center, but he couldn't bring himself to harm another innocent person in the name of this monster they called Emperor.

"Why thank you sir." She said holstering he weapon continuing on.
After about thirty minutes she finally found what appeared to be an open market, odd since it was surronded by riots but no matter, she picked up a generator, food, and other setting up a secret resistance base neccesities. Putting it on a hover cart, she pushed her way back through the riots, this time with valuable supplies, but she got through okay, she entered the hangar, and laid the supplies right in front of her ship, and walked up to the armored naultonian. who appeared to be speaking to her "doppleganger" if you could call it that.
"Hey i got supplies. I think we forgot introductions earlier, name's Kalyn, Kalyn Skirata, yours?" She said
[member=nei laa] [member=other nei laa]

Dominion stood at the street corner. He really shouldn't involve himself with that Riot.. but this suit more than likely had a tracker on it or someway of knowing where it is. But if he stayed here, he might be called over specifically. ... They did order the ones around the border, maybe if he moved towards sector 4, he would be able to get away with it. Risky move...

But he had too. Getting caught up in the riot was way more risky than simply moving towards sector 4 would be. if he was questioned, he could explain that someone had a gun, and he was following them trying to catch them. Easy enough.

We got through the swarms of people on the walkways and streets through the city as he moved towards sector 4 easy enough. He was passing by some businesses and shops as he saw something that caught his eye and made him stop dead. [member="Ultimatum"] . He was walking into a droid repair shop.. He might be this universes Ultimatum, but the fact he was walking into a normal droid repair shop meant that he thought something was wrong. Maybe he was Dominion's Ultimatum. He had to see.

The Sith Agent and Ultimatum had never met, but Dominion had a point to know as many faces as possible for when he is in the field. And Ultimatum, the Ruler of Mustafar? Definently on the list.

He walked into the repair shop and held up his hand. "Droid! I request your... assistance outside for a moment. Come along!" He tried being as demanding as possible.

Ultimatum almost did not respond, he hadn't thought that the organics had spoken to him. He was still browsing when belatedly he realized that the organic that had entered the room was demanding him to follow. His initial instinct was to respond to such arrogance that he thought he heard in a snappy, sarcastic remark. However he decided not to begin that way. Instead he turned as soon as he did realize and smiled replying, "Right away."

He was not certain of this man and wondered if he would try to attack Ultimatum or if the man would be needing help like he said. That did make him wonder what the man could need help with. For now he stepped outside and watched [member="A. Dominion"] closely.

Dominion led [member="Ultimatum"] to a nearby alley, where he then took off his helmet. He had to let Ultimatum know that he wasn't threatened. Turning to him, he started, "I'm Dominion. You're not from here, are you?" He hoped he was right. He prayed he was right. pray to what? He had no clue.

[member="Drones"]

"Right... well im going to head off now you blasted bucket of bolts. See you later i guess, oh and tell your boss he really needs to program you better... i swear, my own droids are far superior than what ever you are." His hand began to close into a fist as he quickly accelerated the temperature around the device, though his own movements suggested a boredom in talking to the thing as he walked away. As long as nothing happened to draw his concentration, he gave it ten seconds before he caused damage to its insides and possibly caused the small drone to burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom