Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acid Drops [Army of Light]

Fingers wrapped around the arm rest, knuckles white with the strain, Coci sat in the seat of the Thyrsus Heart - Corvette Gunship, trying to calm her fear of flying. The group involved in Spynet, part of the Army of Light, are setting off to meet on Yavin, to discuss plans and organise the new department. An encrypted message sent out to all members. From there, they will go into Sith controlled space and begin to set up a network of communications and intelligence gathering satellites. Once the meet and greet is over, and plans set in place they will launch from Yavin for Sith Controlled Space.

She could feel the vibrations from the engines as they engaged sublight to move to atmosphere for the jump to hyper. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on something... anything else. She is prepared of course, all necessary equipment, weapons and small ships are stowed or in the hangar. The small fleet of five Corvette Gunship, also have the network satellites secured in their cargo bays, ready for deployment once they arrive in Sith Space.

Coci did not take notice of the talk around her at the moment, allowing the ship's crew to do their work, she vaguely hear the announcement that they will jump to hyper in five minutes. Her fingers gripped even tighter and her breathing became laboured and she just wished it was all over. Once in hyper, she would be fine.

The Ethelwulf

T
Routine inspections... quite normal for military organizations such as the Army of Light... especially when the sub-division currently known as Spynet was involved... although the team was not setup properly and was still organizing, they already had missions and were heavily involved in the Intelligence business: gathering, analysis and even leaking innacurate information to fight against the Sith.

One of the officers carrying out the inspections opened one of the doors to a chamber and noticed a dark robed man looking through the window. The officer knew that there was someone there, but never expected to see what he was looking at: he saw the back of the man, and his dark brown hair... he was unhooded but based on what the officer could see, he couldn't recognize the man at all... "Excuse me sir. We are about to enter into hyperspace"

At that moment, the dark figure turned around and showed a white mask that covered his face, a mask similar to the ones Sith wore... the officer jumped back a bit and was about to reach for his gun.

"Acknowledged officer. Thank you" said the man placing his hood above his head covering everything but the mask. The officer nodded at the moment he noticed the golden symbols of the Order... a visual difference that put him aside from the Siths who he was commited to erradicate.

The hodded figure looked at his hands, and then looked at the mirror available in the chamber assigned to him, like if he was evaluating himself. And then, decided to walk outside straight to the bridge of the ship where he would meet the Captain and to learn further about their assignment.

While walking through the corridors of the ship, several officers looked at him, he was a new figure in the Army of Light, and he didn't expect them to understand his attire or the meaning of any of it... the only thing that mattered is that his duty was to do everything in his power to fulfill the will of the lightside and to gather information for Master Tefka and the rest of the Jedi Covenant... by all means necessary.

With a steady and confident pace, the young man entered the bridge once that he arrived. Without announcing himself at all, he just joined the girl known as @[member="Coci Sinopi"] who was seated at the Captain's Chair and proceeded to talk to her in a strict voice, impossible to recognize due to the mask and lack of words used:

"Good... we are on route..."

@Dove @Natol'ine @Judah Lesan @Yo'shim Etsu @Kei Amadis

(Name is not accurate, Character's name is Ethelwulf)

@[member="The Cyan Blade"]

Coci nearly hit the roof of the ship as a voice right beside her spoke, just as they jumped into hyper. She left the inertia as it pushed her back in her chair and her heart raced, but soon the blue tunnel of light streamed before her eyes as she looked out the bridge window. She let out an audible sign of relief, now she can relax more, although her hate for flying will not allow her complete repose. Now she turned her head to looked toward the person that spoke.

Her eyes not hiding at look of surprise as she looked over the man next to her command seat. Fancy get up! she thought. She stood now, not know who he was, his voice the only indication of his gender. She walked around him looking over the robes, clearly Jedi as the insignia shows and a lightsaber, but the mask is a little unnerving. She would prefer to see the faces of beings, and in addition those that wear them, she considers are hiding something. Her had hear about the Jedi Shadows and now she suspected that one was standing of the bridge.

"We are indeed", she replied with the same economy of words. "I am Coci Sinopi .. officer in the Army of Light, who might you be?", she asked.

Silence was my forte. I had been quiet and would continue to do so for a long time. As another man in robes entered the room before me, I was asked to come to the bridge of the Gunship. Wings folded up behind my back, but very apparent. And my vibro sword over my right shoulder, I wore my dove suit, letting the face cover be down for now. Known as an Angel, my name was really Dove. A white bird that seemed redundant with my jet black wings. Still I walked in and did not speak a word. Only watching.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

The Ethelwulf

T
The man standing in robes didn't even flich when the young girl began to inspect him, she was not being subtle about it... and the robed figured knew that it would be a common behavior people would show around him.

His head followed her... but due to the mask, it was difficult to tell if he was really looking at her or not. Nevertheless, he remained silent. The presence of the new winged man didn't go unnoticed. He joined them silently just as the robed man did, nevertheless, the man was focused more in the young girl rather than the newcomer.

The young girl identified now introduced as @[member="Coci Sinopi"] began to question him about his identity. Something to be expected. Without moving at all from his current position but crossing his arms, the man replied at her name "Ethelwulf... also with the Army..." without looking back, he proceeded to turn his head at the man and look above his shoulder revealing to the newcomer his white mask "Welcome... @[member="Dove"]... please join us.". Extending a hand as a welcome inside the room, closer to them, the robed figure offered the chance to join the conversation... although it was likely he didn't want to say anything, but didn't want to exclude him alltogether.

Standing behind the man slightly, His words rang out of his name Ethelwulf. Relatively easy to pronounce and rolled off the tongue. With his slight intro of me I went and moved my body to stand next to his. Standing a good head and shoulders over him and my almost two and a half meter height. We had come here to discuss terms of the Intelligence agency that was created by the Army of light. Truthfully I thought that we did not need a name. Maybe a code name for the higher ups to call on us, but no name so we could not be recognized.

Since my wings had been curled up for the last few hours, I let them expand some what. Taking up the space of about 4 people, and yet that was not my full wing span. The woman in front of me was, like everyone else, small. Having thick black hair that looked to come to her shoulders or maybe a bit shorter, I nodded my head. I was everything opposite of a Dove. Large, black, and deadly. Letting my purple eyes gaze down at her I decided to speak.

"A pleasure to meet you Coci" I offered my hand and refrained from saying my name as Wulf had already said it. I hoped that this woman could live up to the training that I had with the Galactic Empire. Though to them I was only a Junior agent, To the people of the Army, I was probably the best they had.

@[member="The Cyan Blade"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"]

@[member="The Cyan Blade"]@[member="Dove"]

After the pleasantries where over, she smiled at the both, more for amusement then anything else as she now felt under dressed and unmasked. "It is a pleasure to me you both", she said in return as she turned away from them and walked toward the middle of the bridge, gesturing for them to follow her.

Loocated there is the holodisplay, she moved around to the control panel and keyed in a code word for the file she wished to retrieve. Selecting the file, immediately the blue map of the galaxy appeared revolving. As the area marked in a pale red near her, Sith Controlled Space, she paused the holodisplay. "As you can see, this is Sith Controlled Space, the satellites we have on board will be placed in strategic locations within open space within their borders".

Selecting a new file, a map of the communications network of the Sith appeared, shown in a darker red, the strings of their communications covering all parts of their controlled space. Another file .. and dark blue networked appeared. "The dark red strings of their communications are displayed here, the dark blue will be... in time .. the network for the Army of Light and Spynet". The AoL network will hope to achieve the ability of tap into the Sith Nework, the locations of the satellites positioned for optimum results. "The positioning of each satellite is imperative and for this to work and they must be located in open space to remain undetected by the Sith".

Again Coci's fingers traveled with speed over the control panel. "The line of planets stretching from Serenno down to Elom will be the beginning of our first sting in the spy network, currently we are traveling in hyper north of the Daragon Trail, we need to remain out side of known hyper runs in order to not be detected or for our purpose to be discovered. We are en route to open space hear Serenno". She pointed to the planet. "Once we arrive, we shall begin to deploy the satellites into position and continue onward until the our first string is completed, then the splicers and engineers can use their talents", she said finally ending the plan. "Do either of you have any questions or concerns?".

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
@Dove @Natol'ine @Coci Sinopi @Yo'shim Etsu @The Cyan Blade

Judah had one job. Make sure the satellites were dropped precisely. He was not one for too many group discussion, so he stood away from the others though he was present for the discussion. The idea was good, risky, but good. Judah wondered how the Sith were not going to notice a network of satellites in their space, but Coci seemed to have everything worked out. It didn't really matter whether the satellites were discovered or not. The main concern was that they drop them without getting discovered.

"Not to be the negative one here," Judah started breaking his silence, "but why aren't we simply letting our slicers hack in through Sith channels and give us access to their satellites. I mean we have the skilled technicians to create a back door protocol. Not gonna say we shouldn't set our own satellites out there, but it's almost like advertising we're up to something."

The Ethelwulf

T
It was extremely difficult to know what was the robbed man thinking... or his feelings about the situation, he was in fact trained to cloak quite a bit about himself, although he had to learn a lot more to mask himself from view in plain sight...

Still, one could tell that he was paying close attention to the whole conversation, and analysing the data brought to them by @[member="Coci Sinopi"].

After some time, another man who was silent in the back decided to place comments on the situation and to recommend hacking their systems and satellites. A clever idea indeed... but...

Turning to face the new man in the room, he proceeded to address the situation "Why not both? Having a backup plan is always helpful... is my understand that the Army of Light already has a backdoor planted in Bimmisaari. And is giving us feedback on their movements and some resources... Still, we could plant our own satellite network and at the same time hack their communication satellites... We'll have two backups in place."

@[member="Dove"] @[member="Judah Lesan"]

I nodded at the bearded man who spoke. He was right, We were risking ourselves out here, and to only place probes out in space, we were sure to be found. My only problem with the slicing was that instead of having "good people" the Sith had Professionals, people who would surely catch us, so that meant, we had to get in before we even got started slicing at them.

​"Good idea of a backup, but we are against professionals. We will have to dig deeper than they are, and dig under them so when they try to dig, they cave in on themselves."

Turing around to face all of them at the same time I spoke. "Would it be easier to push a man through the ground, or to dig a hole and kick his feet out from under him?" I would let them decide on what I meant, and how far we should dig.
@[member="The Cyan Blade"], @[member="Judah Lesan"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"]

@[member="Judah Lesan"]@Dove@The Cyan Blade

"Yes I understand your concerns", she said to them all, "However, we too are professionals and have many within the Army of Light that are more then capable of doing the work required. We are now involved in Spynet and danger goes with the territory, by the very nature of it. I know you all understand that or you would not be here now. This is not for the faint hearted and between us all we will succeed", she thought for a moment, on their points.

"The same slicers that you suggest to simply hack into their systems will be able to do this more effectively through a system of our own, and yes they can do both in order for a back up. In fact, what one system might miss the other will pick up. We are going into open space, space that is not monitored by the Sith, we simply can not just lay a string of satellites at their door steps, but in these locations it is less likely for them to be found. The satellites are strong with senors and scanner arrays .. in these location they will tap into their communications. We need to start this in order for us to be on the front foot, when it comes to the Sith... like you say they are strong and professional and so must we be. We can not remain in a state only simply relying on word of mouth, through the here say of others, that is not professional and loaded with more danger then this".

Coci stood now and looked at her plan and the string of networks for the AoL. "If you see any fault in my plan, and possible detail I have missed, please do speak. I wish for all possible bases to be covered and nothing left to chance", she looked at them all now, with a smile.

The Ethelwulf

T
The girl seemed to be quite knowledgable... just what the Ethelwulf would expect from a member of the Intelligence Department of the Army of Light. With a silent and slight nod, he did a signal of understanding and agreement.

Ethelwulf's mission at the moment was to follow their plan, especially because it would allow him to strike at the Sith in different ways, and also because he would be able to relay that information to his Covenant brothers...

Crossing his arms, the man decided once again to remain silent, the less he spoke the better. He was there to act, not to chat... instead, he just looked at the ones present in order to get further comments and ideas for the task ahead.

@[member="Judah Lesan"] @[member="Dove"] @[member="Coci Sinopi"]

I nodded my head at the woman. She was absolutely correct. We above all were professionals, and as so, we had not gotten here by ill will. Walking over to the Holoprojector I looked at the map. Seeing what it all was. and looking it over. I found nothing in my eyes. Looking up at the woman. I smile with an answer, "You say jump, I say how high?"

@[member="The Cyan Blade"], @[member="Coci Sinopi"], @[member="Judah Lesan"]

Preliat entered the bridge, rifle clasped over his chest. He walked with authority and prowess, as most Mandalorians tended to do. He gazed, from under his helmet, at each of the people. His range finder came down over his face, and scanned each of the people. The only people he couldn't get a Holonet feed on was the man with the mask and the robes, but that much was obvious. The rangefinder went back up over his face, and he walked towards a seat, resting his rifle on the ground. It was a Mandalorian rifle, big and scary and loud and made the person in front of it have a very bad day.

He liked the idea of doing, more than talking. Preliat slowly turned his head towards the people, speaking for the first time since he got on the ship.

"Par Manda'yaim."1

1. "For Mandalore" (Mandalore in the sense of the planet, as in Preliat is saying that he is fighting for the Mandalorian's homeworld rather than the Mandalore himself)
@[member="Dove"]
@[member="The Cyan Blade"]
@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Dove"] @[member="The Cyan Blade"] @[member="Judah Lesan"]​

She smiled back at Dove, "No need for jumping, however there is need of command. We will be arriving at this point", she gestured toward a co-ordinate in the middle of their first string, "From here we need each ship to move out in this direction", she indicated along the string, so they could see the progression of movement north to south. "So TH-One and Two will head south along the string and TH-Three, Four and Five to the north. This way we can cover more space .. quickly and get out of here".

"Once we arrive I would like all of you to take command of one of the ships in the Thyrsus Heart fleet, we must remain silent .. only emergency communication if required", she finished. At this point she noticed the new comer. A Mandalorian she had not met, but his presence most welcomed as they are handy beings to have around. Coci gave him a nod as he spoke, she did not understand him, however nothing was lost in the sentiment. "And for freedom". she added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper space, a necessary evil in her mind but soon they would arrive. Coci is in her quarters resting on her bunk, her legs up with her datapad resting by her side. She is well rested, refreshed and now going over the plans one more time. She knows it backwards of course, but still there might be something she had missed. She is not necessarily in command here, she does not work that way, she much prefers for others to give opinions and input and they make the decisions as a group. After all their lives are as much in danger as her's and it is only fitting they have some means of deciding the fates of themselves. The 'boys', as she calls them in her mind, are all hardened warriors in some form of other, strong men, determined men and with honour. She too the same.

The communications panel flashed a red light on the console, Coci immediately moved to answer it. "Commander Sinopi, will be exist hyper space in ten minutes", came the voice from the bridge. "Thankyou bridge, inform the others to please. I shall be on the bridge shortly". Now this is where things get interesting. So far the mission has gone smooth, however now that they are deep within Sith Controlled Space, they would all need to be on alert. Coci quickly grabbed her holster and strapped in over her shoulder, then placed the blaster the rest there. No real need for a weapon on board this ship, but she feels odd without something about her.

The jump out of hyper came as expected, Coci white knuckled gripping the holodisplay and her heart racing and trying to control her breathing. She closed her eyes and let out an audible sigh as the ship come to a stop, successfully. Now to work.

The ships alarms blastered around the bridge, they had come to the edge of an asteroid field, but that was not the alert. "Commander, the scanners had picked up a space station", Immediately the image of appeared in the holodisplay as it nestled with in the asteroid field. The space station appeared to be heavily damaged, the signs of torpedo and laser blasts on his hull .. part of the station blown away and left ragged with metal hanging off it. Coci studied this for a moment, then looked to the others for their thoughts.

"I want a full agressive scan on the interior, I wont to know exactly what this is and if there are signs of life". She commanded, however she knew this is most likely Sith.

The report result began to feed down the side of the holodisplay showing pointer indications of findings. Communications off line, shields off line, life support off line, all controls and engines off line, all sensor arrays off line. No sign of life on the station. The results from the scanner indicated that there was present many abandoned ships, vehicles and other items. However, looks can be deceiving, and this is Sith therefore caution all at levels.

They would not be able to take one of the Thyrsus into the asteroid field to investigate this station. But on board are smaller ships able for the job. "Thoughts Gentleman?", she asked, but knowing full well their responses. "As for mine, I say we suit up and go take a look", she smiled.

I stood at the bridge looking out of the view port as the Space station lay in waste. Taking one of the reports, I saw what had happened. Closing my eyes, I imagined why kinds of ships they used. With a Space station this large, It was possible that they used a few star destroyer sized ships and alot of smaller ones. This couldn't be done by one simple fleet. No, this had to have been done by atleast two or three. Looking behind me as @[member="Coci Sinopi"] had entered the Bridge. I shook my head. "You guys can go, I can't fit into any of your suits."

That was the bad part of having wings. But this chance would allow me to "control" the ship as they checked it out. Keeping record of their vital signs and their surroundings from a different view.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"], @[member="The Cyan Blade"], @[member="Judah Lesan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom