Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accounts Impossible

"Open wide...wider please..." Ayda got to checking her patient's mouth., then feeling her lymph nodes...etc.
"Thank you..."
It were for the most part not so different from the pilot's semi-annual physicals. It had begun with blood pressure readings from both arms, as one's left would be slightly different from their right

"Ok...you can get re-dressed, Janick." Ayda stepped away, and as she had done during the physical, had entered notes in her data pad.
"I'll see you when you're done...the blood samples should be finished processing by then...leave the gown on the table..." And with that, she left the infirmary exam room, closing the door behind her, giving her patient the privacy to get dressed. Ayda was aware there wasn't the same social privacy stigmata as in the private sector, but despite it being a military base with full equality, she still kept to her patient's privacy details when ever she could.

The physical had in the end gone pretty smooth, baring the initial awkward, 'get undressed and into this gown' routine. "It's a unisex gown...everyone donnes it" Ayda had to explain. It were a one-size-fits -all, that she had brought with her in a sealed package. She hadn't been sure if the base infirmary had such things,as they were customarily used in civilian hospitals. Her instructions to leave it on the table was for her to later get it sanitized again and readied for later use.

For now, she walked to where she were given a temporary desk in the far corner of the field hospital on base. It were more of a steel file desk a clerk would use with a metal folding chair. It would suffice until she could secure a more private chamber so she could securely keep her files on her patient and perhaps others here that required her assistance.
Ayda pulled the metal chair and sat at the meager desk, looking over the data she had secured in the physical. All she needed to wait for now were the result of the urine and blood samples. And those were currently being process by the analytical processor she had brought along. In less than the time she had gone through her notes, the samples were completed. Ayda went over to the analyser and withdrew the samples which had been re-sealed following the analysis. This she tagged bio-hazard and placed them in a small box she had acquired from an infirmary medic. The samples were set to be properly disposed of and not randomly thrown out with the trash. Ayda would make certain that she would have the samples destroyed herself to preserve her patient's private DNA.

The results were transferred wireless to her data-pad. Once Ayda confirmed the transfer, she pressed the 'delete sample file' on the analyser, and set it on a self-clean sterilizing mode.
She then sat herself back down and went through the data, making more notes as she went down the line.
"Hmm....sigh...Ok...we're going to have to see what we can do about that..." She spoke to herself, as she noticed a bit of an irregularity. Nothing major..just something that needed to be corrected before continuing further. After all, this was the initial examination... to establish the base line so to say.

* * * * * * * * *​
"Ah yes....please come find a chair and seat yourself.." Ayda welcomed Janick back, who was now dressed in her own attire.

"So far, as you have come to expect, nothing off scale has showed itself...but I'm a bit concerned about your state of dehydration...nothing serious...just that your anti-diuretic hormone levels are...lacking a bit." her eyes met Janick for a moment.
"Again, nothing which can't be corrected within a few days. but it does lend to the fact that...you are also sleep deprived. Your biorhythm indicates it's out of phase in a way... again, nothing that some rest, if that is all possible, can't re-align." Ayda looked up at her patient again and smiled.

"A doctor by all means never tells her patient her own problems. But I am for the most part exhausted from the crossings and can use just about the same rest I am recommending you to also. Again, I pray your duties will allow you a minimum of a 12 hour rest..no drinking of any alcoholic beverage..." Her eyes met Janick's again.
She weren't a 'do as I say, not as I do' kind of doctor. She were adamant about getting herself the same rest she was recommending her patient at the moment. Sure, different reasons, but they should have the same result..rest.

"..as it'll not help with re-hydration. It actually does the opposite. So please, if you can, drink plenty of electrolyte enhanced water. I believe you can acquire this at the MX.
I don't need to tell you I believe it's in stock, as its available to your field infantry personnel." Ayda must have done her homework, or she were actually trained as a military field medic, but unless Janick inquired, it weren't pertinent for Ayda to tell her that.
Right now these simple recommendations..no alcohol, drink electrolyte drinks and get rest in the next 12 hours weren't too demanding or difficult.
Right now, she'd have to give her patient the benefit of the doubt and trust that she would adhere to this 12 recommendation and re-hydration.

"So, other than that, I will see you in 12 or more hours and if there are factors that prevent you from doing what I recommend, please make note of it and bring it with you so that I may make entries to the algorithms. What is physically ailing you, Janick, we may get to the root cause. But that requires that we work together on this...Ok?" She beamed a most caring and understanding smile.
Hell yes, she cared. She wouldn't have come across the galaxy if she didn't.

"Be assured that all of this this will be kept confidential, Janick. I'm under an unbreakable oath."

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"Sleep deprivation? I had more sleep between Dagobah and Utapau than after Utapau, and yet, I didn't seem to experience any more or less flashbacks before and after that battle - then again their content depend a lot on what I am doing when those flashbacks occur. As for whether or not, my ability to get the recommended amount of sleep is unpredictable at best due to the wartime demands placed on the pilots. I sometimes hear about how the brains of some people with excellent memories, near-perfect even, overload more easily as their memory stores more information, but that's just one possible mechanism that might be relevant to me; I absolutely must not rule out any other mechanisms"

Dehydration. No alcohol for the next few days. But, while it may have included out-of-phase biorhythm, especially if alcoholism is chronic, my recollections of alcoholism do not include frequent flashbacks. It's a miracle my cognitive functions can somehow remain unaffected with so little sleep resulting from fighting in several engagements within such a short timeframe; then again, sleep deprivation or dehydration don't necessarily cause one's mind to get overloaded, nor cause flashbacks even though one's mind isn't, per se, overloaded, she thought, while pondering exactly how she would be going around getting the recommended amount of sleep, while remaining mindful that routine patrols are usually run by less experienced aircrews, in groups or two or four. In a sense, elite units are usually kept in reserve for the larger engagements. Just that there was no escaping it: to the extent she was convinced that she was, well, brilliant, or that she knew the extent and evolution of her cognitive abilities, her flashbacks are invariably about events or bits of knowledge that are stored in her memory.

"What's next?" she asked [member="Ayda Elisantra"].

"Janick..... I don't know how many ways you need me to explain that we first must get your body stabilized and then we measure your mental aptitude." Could it be possible that the woman had not understood?

"​What's next is, as you have agreed, we work on you getting rehydrated first and replenish your electrolytes back in your system.
Yes, that means you're going to pee more, unfortunately. Your body has exspent more fluid than it has been able to recoup. These factors cannot be masked in the blood sample analysis. Yes, they are not at the critical stages yet, but I won't allow then to get there while you are under my watch.
I'm not going to surmise what the cause of these conditions are. You are a big girl Janick and we're both adults here. So please...can you manage to pull at least 12 hours of what I ask?
If there is something pertinent that your department needs you to perform, then for now we can dispense with the rest. But there is no reason you can't put some effort in dehydrating. I don't like the standing of your anti-diuretic levels and please, I don't wish to harp on you about it.

This clearly is not a cure or treatment to what you believe is causing you to have unusual flashbacks and accountability issues with categorizing memories, no. But I do need to see you in good body equilibrium, Janick. I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't pretend to be one. But I do question your ability to have perhaps focusing issues with what is and has been discussed and agreed upon just two minutes past.

If this lack of current attention is one of the key issues you may be having or may not be aware of, then the diagnosis is again...rest. This is a symptom of insomnia..restlessness, lack of attention, hallucinations?.... "
Ayda stopped right there.
She wasn't going to do this. But she herself had let Janick know that she was exhausted with being up fast approaching 24 hours. But naturally, that too had gone over her patient's head.

"Janick.... I'm not your superior. I'm here to help you. But I can't do that efficiently on my own. I am asking you to try and re-hydrate. Try to not do anything stressful in the next 12 hours and avoid alcohol. I'm no miracle worker. I'm a general practitioner and surgeon. I see a young woman before me who may be taking the weight of these wars on her shoulders. I commend you for your sacrifice, I do. You and I are doing what we do, to make this galaxy a better place than we were born into." She stopped to take a breather. How could she get through to this officer that she was here for her? Only time and sessions would hopefully do that and at the same time get her patient back to peak health again.

"You need to trust yourself in trusting me, Janick.
And I have to restate again that what is discussed in private between you and I, remains in private. I'm bound by my Hippocratic Oath to treat you as my patient, in the best possible way I can. I need you to hydrate for now and then we will go from there....I will see you tomorrow. "

Ayda was one to give anyone who needed time to develop a trust that effort. But she weren't one to dance around the same tune repeatedly without putting the brakes on that dance. Janick clearly had some issues, both mentally and physical. But before she could see if the physical were affecting her mental capacity, she had to curb her patient of bad behavior. The body could only take so much abuse and neglect before it fought back in its own manner. And that manner varied with each individual. It were not uncommon for the mind to be attacked first. Especially with higher IQ individuals. they in a way had the fragilest minds as their mental capacity were elevated and prone to crashing down that steeper slope.
Janick could very well fall in that category, but it weren't something she could diagnose in a day..not in a week either. It could take months. The human mind operated in a complex organ that needed its neural network to operate in a fluid and well maintained infrastructure and that meant that dehydration would certainly impede that in many ways.

"And Janick, don't forget to pick up a case of electrolyte drinks at the MX.....because the only kind I can prescribe is Pedialyte from a pharmacy."

"So, twelve hours from now, will you still be there? For the time being I will go fetch a case of electrolyte drinks; I'll come to my quarters with the electrolyte drinks in tow" Janick asked [member="Ayda Elisantra"] before she could even head to the MX to get that case of electrolyte drinks, prior to sleeping for the prescribed period.

Privacy was not her concern. That much she could trust. But it was clear my health was going downhill since Dagobah; perhaps making up a shortfall in electrolytes would help limit at least one of the items I have been complaining about in my mental statement of financial position. If that's what I need to do to limit the extent at which I would endanger the rest of the aircrew, or the base personnel, so be it, she thought, while going to MX to get a case of electrolyte drinks. There was no going around that: she would drink a good amount of that drink prior to even attempting to go to her quarters, right next to the office. Once she gorged herself in these electrolytic drinks, she would realize that there was something wrong about her need to sleep: she would simply lie flat in her bed, without even waiting for Ayda's answer. Yes, Ayda would make some headway. Just that her body was falling like a rock once she could actually get to bed. She was simply exhausted, and her mind couldn't conjure visions anymore: her energy reserves were bled dry. She didn't have a choice but to spend the next twelve hours in that bed, and hoping that Ayda would still be there once she awakens.

She watched Janick leave, till the girl was out of sight.

Ayda remained there behind her desk, wondering if at all she could indeed help the girl with whatever mental stress she were thought to suffer. Right now, all she were able to determine with the current physical, the blood and urine analysis were that the girl was running on empty...over exhaustion and dehydrated...and she didn't even know it.

She looked over the data again and knew she did the right thing in not confronting the girl directly over her drinking. How deep the girl were in it at this time, Ayda weren't certain. All she could do is get the girl re-hydrated and see if Janick could last 12 hours without drinking.

In the meantime, she herself were exhausted. her dream state during her prior rest had kept her own consciousness awake as she had transverse through the cosmos to aid in one's crossing over. As thus, she had not really slept as far as her consciousness was concerned and she needed a good sleep.

With that, she closed off her pad and gathered her medical equipment, placing them back in her packs. She really didn't have a room per say, just a bunk in the main barracks along with the pilots.
She headed on over there, hoping Janick was indeed heading for the MX or anyplace else where she could obtain some energy drinks and then get some rest.

Ayda arrived at the barracks and were met with the chief there who oversaw the facilities. She presented him with her credentials and authorized pass to be on the base as a medic.
Seeing she were a civilian, he gave her a bunk at the far corner of the barracks, where she could at least use her data-pad in private. She was thankful for that and got to her bunk.
The footlocker at the end of it had a lock and she placed her packs inside, after withdrawing some sleepwear, which were nothing more than sweats.
In no time she were fast asleep in the lower bunk.

Despite some common barrack discords and commotions, she slept a sound sleep, re-energizing tired body and mind. Her dream sequences allowed her subconscious to roam though the realms of her imagination, as her conscious were not called on this night to aid in a crossing. Ayda for the most part were sleeping and actually resting as any human would. The passing of souls in this part of the galaxy took to journey on their own, for she had not connected to anyone in need of her yet in that fashion. It were an uneventful night...

* * * * * * * * *​
A flicker of sunlight danced across her eyelid evoking her to awaken.
It were early morning and the sounds of the barracks and the hustle and bustle of pilots getting dressed, packing and making their bunks were all around her.

"Good morning... so you're the new doc...." Came a boasting voice from a pilot in the process of brushing his teeth...only he were doing it while he approached her bunk.
Ayda sat up and pushed her hair back.

"Word gets around... any hot water left in the showers?" She asked him, flipping her covers off and getting out of her bunk.

There's always hot water, doc...you in need of some privacy?...you know, to shower up?"

"Is there any?" She looked around making note that the barracks were unisex and cross alienated. Not what one would expect to find privacy.

"For civvies...sure. I can get and rig a small tarp across one of the stall, sure. Give me like 10, then head on over. You'll see it...Hcan't miss a camo tarp in the shower stalls...Hahaha...
Good to have you around doc...good to have you around..." He then walked away and out of the barracks.

Ayda opened up her foot locker and pulled out a new set of clothes and some personal items. Hanging on the side of her bunk was a designated towel.
She had a few minutes, so she figured on going over some of the data of last night and see what kind of game plan she could come up with in helping the officer, Janick.

A man whistle made her look up. It were the same pilot from before. He was gesturing for her, giving the thumbs up.
"All set to go, doc!" he them waved and was gone. She didn't get a chance to thank him. Maybe she would run into him later or sometimes soon. Ayda never forgot a good deed.
Ayda put her data-pad back in the footlocker and took hold of her towel and personal hygiene items. A morning shower was calling her.

Twelve hours later, she awoke, and she found herself in need to go urinate. I feel filthy after sleeping for so long, so I have to take a shower. Then and only then may I drink another round of electrolyte drinks; I hope Griet won't send me to the local psychiatric ER, and, if such was nevertheless the case, I really hope that I won't be facing a psychiatrist as horrible as the current C-in-C of the Alliance medvac was, she thought, prior to urinating and then take her shower, while virtually everyone else at the base was already active. She hoped that Griet, Wololo and the others were able to cover for her while she recovered. Realizing, in the Force, that [member="Ayda Elisantra"] was still somewhere in the base, she would need to be back into the office for the remainder of the medical examination. After drinking another portion of electrolyte drinks, of course. Janick is certainly not the same lady as she was last night, especially after 12 hours of sleep and a few servings of electrolyte drinks. She could feel that, to the extent she embraced her intellect and its capabilities, perhaps she could be vulnerable because of it, one way or another. Better not let my intellect become a burden; Griet told me as much a few days ago, she thought, upon facing Ayda just outside her office once again, opening the door for her, after Ayda took her shower, out of respect for the privacy that Ayda's oath required.

"Now that I slept all 12 hours, what's next for me now?"

"Well, good morning to you too..." Ayda of course wasn't replying to Janick's inquiry yet as to what's next for her, as the woman had asked.
Her good morning remark were to remind Janick that they were in private and some formal greeting among two people were not at any expense but for courtesy. They were after all..civilized. besides, it were a good morning and why not state that?

Yes certainly the woman and she were meeting very close to the 12 hour mark. Almost to the minute, Ayda noted. But 12 hours of sleep? All of it?. There was a contradiction to her patient's belief that she were thinking in terms of accountability and then to state that the entire past 12 hours had been comprised of total sleep?
Ayda was going to address this, but first she approached the officer, gesturing for her to sit on top of the desk and checked out her features and eyes. She then felt the elasticity of her skin and took her pulse.

"12 hours sleep you say. That would certainly explain why you look well rested. Matter of fact, you look overall radiantly better. I see you've been drinking plenty of fluids...it shows you know. I'd say a noticeable physical improvement so far, Janick." Ayda stepped back a bit and took a penlight out.

"Keep your head facing forward...follow the light with your eyes.... uh-uh....good." She turned the light off.
"Ok... now tell me about the 12 hour sleep.
How did you manage to get a full 12 hours sleep in 12 hours?"

No, this were no trap. It was a question of Janick's own claim that her mind seemed to be working in terms of accounting. Ayda was asking her a simple accountability question....it were a good start for checking Janick's mental state and aptitude.
Sure there would be another blood and urine sample to be taken, but not for another 12 hours, as then 24 hours would have passed and if her patient could again make it without drinking some kind of alcohol, then that blood sample would be come a better baseline. The first were a preliminary to search really for any pathogens, agents or anything in disorder that would tilt the ballance of her hormone levels and production. As of yesterday...12 hours ago, all Janick was really lacking was the proper anti-diuric levels of hormones.
That would be checked again in the next blood sample...again 12 hours from now.

This was all part of getting to the root cause and diagnostics of what was ailing her patient. Questions and answers. Questions and answers....and all trended. In a manner of speaking Ayda was now doing the accounting. But not from memory, rather from her data-pad which she would input the levels of Janicks answers and see, compare, equate one session to the next and see if she were deteriorating, holding stable or improving her mental reasoning and functions.

This certainly depended on Janick's cooperation and honesty. So far, following the 12 hour rest and hydration, Janick showed her that it were possible for her to follow instructions. Only, the first question concerning Janick's memory remained. It were as to how could Janick believe or experience filing her memories in an accounting sort of way, if she were stating that she spent the entire 12 hours sleeping through it all. If it were an account, it certainly didn't add up. Ayda had to hear it from Janick as to how that were accomplished in her claimed frame of mind.

"In actuality, it's not exactly the whole twelve hours, because of what I was doing in the tail ends of those twelve hours. I had to be quick in getting the electrolyte drinks from the MX beforehand, as well as drinking the electrolyte drinks and showering upon awakening. The real amount of sleep is still about eleven hours or so. Still much better than I've had at any time post-Dagobah. However, the stresses of battle were taking a toll on my body, so I had to sleep more at some point; it just happened that it was last night"

She had no choice but to be truthful about the tail ends of those 12 hours in question. Yes, she did drink electrolyte drinks, but by themselves they were not the end of the story. To the extent [member="Ayda Elisantra"] was restricted as to where she could go inside the base without authorization from the base's command, she realized that there were several sets of areas where people in the base could go to the latrines and take showers, one closer to the sickbay, where Ayda likely went, and another one closer to the hangars; maintaining aircraft and their ordnance was part of the dirty work required to support aircraft for flying operations. Another twelve hours without alcohol, she thought, while she feels suspicious that Ayda didn't question her about her alcohol consumption habits after this blood test. And yet, she knew that her alcohol consumption picked up after Utapau: the galaxy is a dark place to be if she couldn't forget the horrors of each engagement - doesn't mean one is in a cockpit and their ability to be disturbed by horrifying scenes is eliminated, or even diminished. But she has to trust her for the time being.

"11 hours....hmm... That sounds like a good catch up sleep." Ayda nodded, giving her patient a small satisfactory smile.

"Know that no answer is a wrong answer...as long as it's an honest answer." Ayda then seemed to jot something on her pad. It were just her hand seemingly brushing over the sensors, but it were an entry nonetheless.

"I see progress already. At least seeing you in a much more healthier condition. Physically I mean. Your skin shows more pliability...better tone to it. You're a very striking woman and dehydration doesn't suit you. Besides, the brain functions better when it's properly balanced with electrolytes. One can avoid some headaches with proper hydration...after all we're very fluid based species." She wanted to let her patient understand that sometimes one must take the time to maintain their temple...their body upon which they were given to live out their lives with. Some were not as fortunate as others, due to either genetics, environment and other factors that put them at a disadvantage of having a healthy temple. But her patient Janick was one she could put in a healthy upper class, and she wished for her patient to keep it that way...by her own accord. Being a fighter pilot in a squadron and risking her life was beyond Ayda's scope of influence. She could only see to it that Janick be as healthy and full functioning as she could.

"I know you're concerned about your duties and where they may fall if this process is going to take some time. I can work with you as long as we work together on this.
Now.... when you first came to awaken this morning. What was the first thing which rushed to fill your mind? What was the first thing that came to you?"

"Urinating. I had to drink quite a bit the night before that, and then I felt filthy after urinating, and finally drink some more electrolytic drinks. However, while I was in the shower, I let my thoughts drift towards what I could expect if my XO brought me to the local psychiatric ER if my situation deteriorated at some point, that is, if my mental liabilities were to become unacceptably high"

Progress? Physical, yes, but even pre-Utapau I still had those problems, and I wasn't always as dehydrated, or sleep-deprived. Now, does she mean striking in a physical or a mental sense? I could be a beauty to her eyes, but I always perceived beauty as a common item. She probably refers to intellect; my estimate was that I was about one-in-a-million in that respect, but I could be off, she thought, while some people may have the image of the fighter pilot as someone with higher IQ than the average naval crewmember. In actuality, only the Galactic Empire proceeded that way today, assuming that, between Tatooine, Varonat and Zenith Prime, they weren't taking that many casualties; rumors were that the First Order was forced to cast a wider net to recruit pilots and fill all the piloting billets, especially after Dagobah, but not as wide as the Sith Empire as she knew its starfighter pilot recruiting practices. Oh and other factions tended to have adrenaline junkies for pilots, of highly variable intellectual levels, but who, most of the time, outside of Sith factions, still needed to have pretty good hand-eye coordination.

"Striking? In what ways am I striking to you? I understand it can have a dose of subjectivity, but I'm still curious: is it self-awareness, intellect or something else entirely?" she asked [member="Ayda Elisantra"].

"Complexion, soft rounder facial features...what a woman's physiological complexion is designed to be. And most certainly, dehydration is more pronounced in women because of that attribute.
Now explain to me as to why your Commanding officer is set on sending you to the psychiatric ward...I'm assuming there is one. But without me actually confirming the facts, I would currently have to assume it is more geared toward battle fatigue than any other disorders."
And most likely Ayda's assumption would be more correct than wrong. But she also understood there was no define line per say and most likely they would try and attempt to treat their personnel that did show symptoms of any mental disorder. But with all military physicians following military protocol, such treatments usually resulted in medical discharges.

"I'll need his operating number, rank and name. I can shoot him a message indicating you are under my care and observation.
Janick, you and your Commanding officer must realize that you can't be bounced around from one department to another without further evaluation. You will find it difficult to jump that trust around and will indeed close up...distance yourself from what you believe is your ailment and it will be much more difficult to surmise if there is trully somthing that is deteriorating your mental state of mind.
It is too early for me to make any conclusive diagnosis. We'll need to gauge to what extent your memory is affected, if at all it is a disorder. This means truthful answers and breaking down any walls or anxieties you may have about how we are proceeding with this." Ayda replied, while jotting down the answers that janick had given her about her morning routine.

"We're still establishing your baseline, as I don't know you as you or anyone else here does. Also, your interactions seem to be mostly comprised of daily routines based on your current duties and operations here on base. This alone does build up as stress and we want to first eliminate this factor.
Now you've done very well in the fist 12 hours and if at all possible, we should work on the next. I'll look you over and we will talk on a daily basis. But don't assume they will be based on the same questions. The only repetition we are seeking is a healthier day to day lifestyle. The mental capacity testing is on another scale...and it may seem random and unrelated to what you feel is the direction we should go at times. But this is the trust that I speak of. You need to trust me that I am here to help you." She gave Janick a reassuring smile, hoping the woman understood that mental disorders took a while to diagnose, unlike physical ailments that were as one could simply put it, physical in nature and easier to evaluate.

"Now do keep in mind to remain hydrated. This means try to stay on the same mind frame as when we last spoke. You'll be well over your 24 hour routine, and we shall speak again in 12 hours or so.
Just do leave me your Commanding officer's info and contact number. I will keep you from the psychiatric threat. "

"In the ORC, there is no such thing as an operational number, but while I have both an executive officer and a commanding officer, usually the XO is referred to as the executive officer. In which case you might want to contact Admiral Julie Jutland about this; I even vomited in the middle of a sortie, and my commanding officer, as much as my executive officer, would be led to think that I would be unduly endangering other pilots and also possibly endanger innocents as well, if my mental health isn't treated"

Janick was a little puzzled as to [member="Ayda Elisantra"] commenting on her physical appearance, even if it was purely from a medical standpoint. She realized that perhaps battle fatigue was a factor that might contribute. Especially as it pertains to Utapau, where it even led her to vomit, despite an absence of any failures to the relevant subsystems. But from what she knew about PTSD as it pertained to Force-using patients, and the Clone Wars-era literature on the topic established clearly and decisively that PTSD was one of those ailments where the patient's ability to use Force was a factor that went deeper than in treatment alone. And yet, she could not diagnose PTSD or even CSR-kind of battle fatigue on her own. Now she had an extra twelve hours, and by then it would be almost time to sleep. Probably be best to stock up on electrolytic drinks and return to the castle before returning here in twelve hours, do stuff unrelated to alchemy, accounting or anything specific in my daily grind, she thought, while the psychiatric ward was mostly, in fact, Griet's idea. Perhaps staying away from duty would be a good idea of how to get her health back on track and make another round of testing in twelve hours.

"See you in twelve hours, then"

"See you in 12..." She replied,watching her patient leaving.

"Interesting..." Ayda said to herself when Janick took leave.

She jotted down her notes on today's interaction. Something definite were coming to light. But she still couldn't put a definitive sum on the diagnostic as it were too early to make that assumption.
Now the question remained as to what was there to expect of her patient, after the first 24 hour preliminary interviews? Would she push to have Janick make her own arrangements to see her on a daily basis? This had to be done on her patient's end...Janick's part for it to succeed. To try and push the girl to do it would have detrimental results and even work the opposite. No, it would have to be all Janick, to want to come to the sessions.

Ayda hadn't again seemed to have the girl's immediate attention to the details instructed her before she left. That part, Ayda would bring to test on their next session. Things were starting to add up, but again, there were so many other factors missing. But those would eventually reveal themselves one way or another. So far, Ayda had a sample of the girl's mental opacity (yes, as not being absorbent initially)that made up the sum of the capacity of her functionality. The girl basically skimmed the present but was able to retain it as the past. It was surprisingly revealed in just two short sessions. Now if only she were able to coax more out of Janick...then she would be that much closer to helping her. At least knowing she were heading in the right direction.

Closing her datapad, Ayda once more gathered up her belongings and went back to the barracks to secure them in her footlocker.
The remainder of the day comprised of getting a better bearing on her surroundings and looking up the history of the systems Janick mentioned..Dagobah...and the current system Utapau. Both were quite different to each other. While one had surface water, the other had subterranean water.

Then of course, getting her way around to the mess hall and taking a shower off most everyone's schedules. Ayda was also observing the military officers, crew and support personnel.
She even ran into the young man who had set up her private shower stall. Naturally he asked her where she was from and how long she were in town for. Ayda found his company and advances quite amusing and not minding the attention. At least it were something of a normal civil interaction and with her current work schedule here and abroad, she didn't get much of a chance to socialize. The few minutes she did, she was quite content with it. Besides, the young man had duties to perform and tardiness was certainly not something that was taken lightly. Not out here.

The rest of the day went without incidents and an hour before Janick were scheduled to come see her, Ayda put down her classical bound book and went over the notes of their last meeting. Having refreshed her own memory for the right course of action to take, she gathered up her items and once more headed to the small desk There she would wait for Janick.

What Janick really wanted out of this was some clue as to how to go around curing or coping with her condition. If her memory was, in fact, perfect, she couldn't quite hope for a cure short of lobotomy, or another cure that could prove worse than the ailment. Maybe I can have the more routine patrols done by the pilots that are rather green for the time being, and the elites would be kept in reserve for other, larger engagements. Also it's not unusual for the rabble to see more action than the elites, the latter spending 90%+ of their time on standby. Well, the rabble also did spend so much time on standby, but they flew more sorties, she thought, while she was having the flashback of her assignment as the CVW commander of the Verdict. So she took to shopping in the Wealth Level of Pau City, and not simply for electrolytic drinks, but also for other stuff like music. In fact, she had the other two witches of the Circle eat at the Marya-Denn restaurant for tonight, where ballads were regularly performed live as music. Much like those meadow fields on planets like Jelucan or, for Griet, the oil fields of Manpha. A big difference in mental states, in scenery between Utapau or Dagobah, or even Asop. They made sure they were drinking mineral water, and that no alcohol was involved. Once she returned to the base, near the end of the 12 hours, she faced [member="Ayda Elisantra"] once again in that office:

"Hi Ayda. For the past 12 hours I tried to be away from the base, away from what was my daily grind since Dagobah, and even ate at an alcohol-free restaurant"

"Hello, Janick..." She didn't get a chance to invite the girl to sit, as Janick immediately took the adjacent seat opposite her.

Ayda took in what she had to say, getting up to go over her patient, taking a look at her eyes, feeling the softness of her face and checking over the girl's arms and shoulder, before she backed up and sat at the edge of the desk facing Janick.

"Restaurant...here?...where for God's sake is that?" She went on asking, getting quite a description of the place and the fact that it was alcohol free.

"Well, that's good...I mean, then I wouldn't need to pull a blood sample. I'll have to take your word that you abstained again." Ayda replied.
"But the alcohol consumption i wasn't too concerned about really. Your initial blood analysis only had a few deviations that indicated previous heavy consumption. That and dehydration..." She then touched Janick's jawline again.

"You're redness around your nose, cheeks has definitely receded... you'r complexion matches your DNA physical attributes. its amazing you have recovered so much since 24 hours past. I saw the changes last session and was counting on even better results this time. You've not disappointing me. If you weren't aware, the small beginning signs of spider angiomas that you exhibited 24 hours ago are all gone, Janick."

"Now if you may, tell me about your outing with your friends...what did you drink...what did you order?" Ayda sat there listening to Janick recall in vivid detail of her past 12 hours.
The details were uncanny, as they could be broken down by the minute and the descriptions were as vivid as one would see it as if being there. This went on for a few hours with some water breaks and a bit of walking, as sitting for a few hours were quite trying, even for Ayda.

"I see... so then you just came straight to me. I see." Ayda replied, taking a lot of what Janick said to memory. She was going to surmise the girl's accounts. Not in detail, but descibing that she had indeed gotten it all in detail. By story end, they had wound up back in Ayda's makeshift office and desk.

"Janick...your health has shown greater improvement that i had first anticipated...Now this is in confidence and whether or not it is common knowledge or not, it stays between us. I suspect you are force connected. this explains in the accelerated recovery of the minor deficiencies. But as far as physical health, you're quite fine. Although i would recommend exercising moderation in alcohol consumption. It just will play havoc with your complexion, aside from dehydrating you, affecting sex drives, and appetite.
By your account, you quite enjoyed a fine meal with friends. I trust that was a good evening for you.

Now as far as your memory is concerned..yea, you do need to find a way to keep it from swerving off the track. I mean that your past memory overtakes your current observation and attention. this is where we need to work on. Your attention span at a given present moment is overtaken by memories of the past. This can be detrimental to a fighter pilot if they don't take measures to correct it. I think you can...correct it, by keeping it in control.

I'm not an expert in this field, but I can work with you Janick, and if it becomes more than I can handle, i will find the means and expertise that you need to help you master your memory...keep it under control.
It's a gift, you know...your photographic memory. You master it, you should not have a problem."

"I am a Force-user, yes. Thank you for your assistance; it's time to say goodbye"

Now that the physical portion is taken care of, I can focus on the more mental part of it all. However grateful I am for this, this is as far as I can progress with Ayda, who just started sounding like Griet, that blonde pilot that is my XO. Just that I expected the light side to provide enhanced regeneration: I'm not Firrerreo, but I know I can use the dark side responsibly. Unlike some Sith I've known, such as the one that caused me to even leave Coruscant in the first place, because Directive 12, she thought. Having a fantastic short-term memory does not always translate to the same quality of long-term memory, and thus far, [member="Ayda Elisantra"] had an idea of how good her short-term memory is. However, she starts thinking about exactly what the control portion meant to her: either controlling what she would choose to remember or not, or controlling what to forget or not. Perhaps there was some way out of this mess, just that it was not going to be easy. She wound up going to sleep after taking yet one more portion of electrolytic drinks, while realizing perhaps that it may take days to get to Ayda, who was a physical doctor, and that perhaps the psychiatric ward at the local hospital might be a better idea.

"Packing up already?" A familiar voice made her look up as she was retrieving her belongings from the footlocker.

"Oh...hello." It was the young officer who had set up the shower stall for her a day ago.
"Yes.... seems my services here are no longer needed here." She replied putting the items n her bunk.

"Oh doc... if you only knew how much we are in need of medics on the battlefront..."

"You mean here?...I can't see how medics could fit in star-fighters.."

"No, not here. we've got medics here. I'm meaning on Dagobah. The battle is still undecided between the Allience and the First Order.
Many of our pilots have been shot down...crashed...have been pretty much scattered across that swamp. Our rescue teams haven't been able to claim them all. Some can't be claimed as the battle lines are constantly in motion across the entire system.
Our medics can't get to them and they can't get to any safe pick up points.
me and a few boys are heading to the system and see if we can break through the lines and pick up what we can....it would be great if we had a doctor on board. Those boys may need immediate medical attention."

"I....see..." Ayda stopped what she were doing and took a moment to let it all sink in.
This meant she would be on a transport...a rescue craft of some sort that was to look for downed pilots and rescue them. Yes, they would need immediate medical assistance. She took a deep breath, turning to the officer.

"You said you're leaving in a few hours?" She asked without looking at the man.

The answer was 'yes' he was set to leave in a few hours.

Sigh..." Another moment of thought and soul searching.

"Yes..... " Ayda turned to the man.

"I could be ready in half an hour. I don't have much shop to close here...hehe..." Uncertainty always was best met with humor.

The young officer pilot breathed a relief, nodding and giving her a thankful smile. Ayda could see it in his eyes the uncertainty of him or anyone going on this search and rescue mission may never return themselves. But if he were to risk his life for others...then where did it leave her?
By his side of course.

Yes, she would go to the battlefront...to the swamps of Dagobah. There were real casualties of this wretched war down there, and she was called to go by her Hippocratic Oath.

Now that Ayda was going to Dagobah for herself, she couldn't help but think that Ayda has accidentally triggered some memories of that engagement. May my efforts in the first battle of Dagobah not been vain, and that I bought the Alliance more than 24 hours on this dangerous quagmire, she thought, while this mental image of the Incandescent Truth crashing into the Pellaeon and this daring attempt to connect the hit while dropping heavy proton bombs in an attempt to sever the SSD in two was being replayed in her mind. As that ersatz-admiral who, to the GE's eyes, reportedly commanded from a starfighter cockpit. She was reminded that she had her moment of glory, she forced the Pellaeon to retreat. But she was also reminded of the costs of that glory. And also the costs of warfare at large. People that were dying, that were killed, in hopes of keeping the dark at bay perhaps, and that suffered other battle injuries that may force them out of action for a while for those who survived. And maybe permanently for the worse cases. One thing's for sure: her sleep won't be that good tonight, despite ruling out physical afflictions, except for the very exotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom