Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accounts Impossible

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"Clearly I'm not endeared by your antics and performance in this last sortie. Of all things, you vomited on duty and, on top of that, you were willing to recklessly lead yourself too close to colliding in order to cause the same to Mandos!" Griet yelled at Janick, upon landing.

"Griet, these past few weeks on duty were very rough on me, and on you, too. The only thing I'm grateful for, no matter how many kills I have scored in the last mission, no matter what we could achieve, is that I'm still in one piece. However, there is definitely something wrong with me here: I came very close to losing whatever respect I might have had from you, the other pilots, and also there seems to be some sort of issue in my head that has gotten worse since Dagobah"

"At best, you will be some sort of desk-jockey admiral whose scope of responsibility does not involve anything related to the actual piloting of craft. At worst, you may be demoted and grounded"

What is for certain is that whatever caused those problems, it can't possibly be a poison from Dagobah's atmosphere, since I know my craft did not have any real failure to its life support system, nor to its environmental filtration systems. As for me as an admiral, on Dagobah, and on Bothawui before that, I was able to pass for a GA admiral to the GE's eyes, but I know the First Order won't fall for this trickery: they know no admiral would command from a fighter's cockpit unless their scope of command is strictly related to fighters, she thought. Usually such fighter-specific admirals would be in command of an entire fleet's fighter complement, and report directly to that fleet's commander, and this is the reason why any fighter pilot that makes it past commodore ceases flying - the handful of pilots that actually make it to higher admiralty echelons either have to perform battle duties in a CIC or oversee the administration from ashore. She had tons of stuff to sort out in her head, to be sure. If only I could stop having those flashbacks constantly played back in my mind, no matter their content, no matter how does their content relate to whatever I'm doing in the present... she sighed afterward.

"You ought to see someone, it's clear that you need to get those issues sorted before it's going to get you - or me, or any of us, really - killed. I trust you're smart enough not to attempt to address or diagnose those issues on your own"

"Griet, I know that. Given that, even though I usually trust you for most things, such as watching my back in flight or alchemizing drill bits, I feel that, since you are too close to me, there is only so much you can do for me, or Alyssa, Wololo or any of the others, either at the Circle or among the survivors. Some impartial observer, a fresh viewpoint, would be well-appreciated here"

"Do that, and be prepared to explain your issues, as well as what contributed to those issues and their side effects, at any level of detail you can conjure. Don't hesitate to be transparent: any withheld information may also mean withholding a possible key to the cure or at least coping with it if it ends up being incurable"

Are the people at the Circle even aware that I'm an ace pilot? The NIMB does, but I don't feel too close to them, plus they seem mostly interested in my ability to manage a futures portfolio or a starfighter unit, and perhaps it's the limits we mutually place on our trust that makes it so that I can't rely on them for moral support since my issues fall outside of the scope of trust. I do realize that even moral support can go a long way. Like how Griet attempted to support me after drinking a whopping 25 Asobi tihaar servings. Or how I attempted to support Griet when she was learning how to trade commodities futures, she thought, while yet more visions flashed in her mind about various topics related to these attempts at providing moral support, regardless of whether or not she is on the receiving end or the giving end of that support. So Janick began reaching for the tihaar as she feels her parasitic mental activity increasing to unacceptable levels, moving to the tihaar fridge with headaches in tow, in hopes of not ending up drinking 25 servings of tihaar as she did in the whole leadup to the Asop patrol that led her to re-think her approach to leadership.

Ugh... my head hurts! I hope I can get a few drinks in, and at the same time avoid a repeat of Asop, but I know it's easier said than done: even with Detoxify Poison, I should 1) avoid flying for a few hours, 2) as people drink, their minds become clouded and 3) using Detoxify Poison will cause me to as I attempt to use the Force to break down the ethanol molecules, she thought, while, in her mind, flashing visions of her night drinking 25 servings of tihaar while the Asobi tihaar was launched, and, with the Asobi tihaar, all the effort that went into alchemizing the drill bits Griet was hard at work alchemizing in another room. Speaking of Griet, she could feel the blonde's mental activity increasing, as she attempted to bind spirit ichor into the drill bits, while Janick's own mental activity increased even more than it already had. So, with headaches making her forehead burn, she picked up a double shooter, capable of holding three servings of what she perceived to be an azeotropic (because of the 95% abv content) damper on her hyperactive brain. And, even though her mental activity did decrease after gulping the mined tihaar, she sees her face progressively becoming beet red, that is, increasingly alkaline, with every drop of tihaar she drinks from that glass.

"Jane, it's obvious you're not the same as you used to be prior to Dagobah" Alyssa commented, while Janick was busy preparing another triple serving of azeotropic alcoholic drinks for herself.

"Please, Alyssa, today has been a hard day, where Griet and I fought tooth-and-nail against those Mandalorians above Pau City; I'm not in mood to talk about Dagobah right now. No more than I am in talking about that battle either; of all engagements I fought, Dagobah and this one will be the ones I think will have the most lasting impacts on me as a person. Did we collect accounts receivable while I was away? If so, how much?"

"Accounts payable and receivable? Griet usually handles that"

Alyssa was puzzled exactly by why Janick would think Dagobah and/or Utapau would be the engagements whose impacts on her as a person are greatest, more so than the statements proper. Then again, Alyssa has no experience of dogfighting, unlike Griet. But equally puzzling to Alyssa is why Janick even talked about accounts receivable in an attempt to distract herself from the bad experiences of vomiting in a combat sortie. To the extent Janick knew about accounting, it could be summed up as debits = credits and assets = liabilities + equity, and accounts payable and receivable represent bills and sales with deferred payments respectively. With any extra knowledge of accounting amounting to perhaps a little more than what's in a statement of comprehensive income. However, any talk of accounting was cut short when Janick proceeds to drink another three servings of azeotropic ethanol-powered goodness that she just prepared when Griet arrived. With six servings of tihaar in her body... Janick's mental activity definitely decreased, but she still was mentally active enough to make an estimate of how many additional drinks she would need to actually put those parasitic thoughts away, while at the same time accounting for the mental activity required to use Detoxify Poison.

"I saved the Confederates' bacon on Dagobah, perhaps one of them can return me the favor"

"Didn't you just say that you weren't in the mood to talk about Dagobah?"

"Oops! I thought it was implicit that what I didn't want to talk about Dagobah was limited to my specific role in that engagement... my bad for not being explicit about it" Janick retorted, with emphasis on didn't.

"I acknowledge as much. Just that the old you is probably... how can I put it, more willing to open up, although I don't think it impacted your intellect that much"

Er'in once described me as having one of the most resilient intellects in the galaxy. But even assuming that I was, in fact, one-in-a-million, as I estimated it back then... ugh! she thought, while the alcohol cut her stream of thoughts short. And she began to hold her head with her hands, as if the weight of her head started increasing. So she began to feel more numb in her head, and her legs as well. Her entire body began to feel much more weighty than nornal as she walked to her bedroom, at slowly but steadily decreasing speeds. By the time she made it close to her bedroom, she was mostly slowed down to a crawl, which ended with her tihaar-smelling body collapsing upon her bed, realizing just how draining this day has been. Not only vomiting in battle, but also all those flashbacks that came to distract her while she was fighting Mandos in the sky, wondering exactly how those memories would affect her going forward, and also realizing that a perfect memory was, in fact, a poisoned asset to the point where the mental equity associated with it may as well be low, very low.

Now Janick's brain was taking its sweet time to take out the trash that was the parasitic thoughts that plagued her while she slept for a short while, perhaps because of the alcohol. But that sleep was not a very good sleep: her sleep was being disturbed by her shaking in her bed. I know I have to get help somehow, she thought, while the caution delivered by Griet prior to drinking the alcohol rang in her mind, as if Griet was telling her those very words directly in her face: Do that, and be prepared to explain your issues, as well as what contributed to those issues and their side effects, at any level of detail you can conjure. Don't hesitate to be transparent: any withheld information may also mean withholding a possible key to the cure or at least coping with it if it ends up being incurable. Here, because she was most definitely not sending a business message, she would probably use the NIMB's letterhead to write that message in her datapad. Which would also leave a paper trail that will allow headquarters to let them know that she is taking the proper steps to get her mental health addressed.

--------------------------------

ATTN: [member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Between allies, I believe that you can help me, I believe I might become increasingly unhinged by the day since Dagobah, although my flashbacks aren't necessarily related to Dagobah. If I can't get help for my issues soon, I believe I won't be able to fight as effectively in the sky or in space as I used to pre-Dagobah. Please let me know what works for you.

Cpt. Janick Beauchamp
Head of Venture Capital and Futures
ORC Navy Investment Management Board

Letter head

Allied Tion Medical Center
On Call Medical Assistant Program​

Dear Captain Janick Beauchamp;

I'm responding to the medical assistance you have requested. I have no real time experience with the system Dagobah, but have studied it's known ecosystem and known pathogens which have been documented in the registry. My current intern does allow me to make system calls as per The Allied Tion Medical Center's protocols.
As you have correctly stated, we are allies in political standing. This however is not the reason as to my decision to come and assist you in diagnosing and finding a proper treatment and cure for your ailment. I am bound to my Hippocratic Oath as you are to your Order.
Please forward me your coordinates, so that I can make arrangements for transport. Do have on hand, any documentation following your initial contact with the system Dagobah and up to current date.
Please omit all classified info in those reports, as I shall make copies for my records. Also do understand that your case file will be over-viewed by the Surgeon General. This you must understand is for prosperity and in aiding with future like diagnostics. Reason, these files I ask of you must not have personal ID info, nor any classified materials.
If these criteria's are satisfactory, then I await proper response and it will be filed as acknowledgement to accept the terms and conditions of The Allied Tion Medical center to assist you with your medical needs.

Your's trully'
Ayda Elisantra
Intern, Allied Tion Medical Center

No classified information, nothing more about the NIMB, and I need to produce any documentation pertaining to Dagobah, Utapau and the Vergesso Asteroids, she thought, while realizing that AARs from these three engagements, especially the Dagobah one, may shed some light. And looking at the Dagobah AAR sent her mind racing and pulsating with every detail she could conjure about this operation, with the cue of pathogens. She was a fighter pilot in this engagement, fighting the GE both in orbit and for CAS. With [member="Ayda Elisantra"] suspecting the presence of pathogens, the memories of that after-action inspection began to surface: any pathogens would have come from the CAS portion, that is, of shooting down AT-ATs with ion bombs, where I covered droid bombers, and presumably a failure of the life support system on her craft, yet no such thing was reported. Usually spaceworthy fighters were air-tight, and pressurized to boot. But I also feel compelled to get all the tihaar bills from - well, no, wait, the tihaar that I'm drinking in the castle and the tihaar I drank on D'Qar are on separate bills, and I have a whole case of 24 tihaar bottles dating from before Dagobah, she thought, prior to typing her response, while keeping all the records of the tihaar and the AAR. After drinking an extra tablespoon of 95% Asobi tihaar, she began to type her response to Ayda:

---------------------------------

I'm currently based on Utapau, and it seems that most flashbacks I'm getting seem to make me dwell on past events that carry some similarities to what I was doing when the flashbacks occurred, with very vivid visions on most occasions, making my mind very easy to overload, and putting me in danger at inopportune times. Otherwise my memory, my cognitive functions seem to be largely unaffected. Even so, I feel that my mental liabilities have increased to the expense of my mental equity, while not quite knowing how much of each. But the real reason why I needed help is that I know self-diagnosis is very, very dangerous to act upon.

Janick

Attachments: unclassified after-action reports from Dagobah, Utapau, Vergesso Asteroids, Asobi 95% tihaar bills dating from initial contact with Dagobah onward

---------------------------------

Location: Allied Tion Medical Center, Lianna system, Tion Sector, Outer Rim....

Her shift were over an hour ago, but she hadn't retired to the residency dorms following her 18 hour shift. Instead, she were catching up on her correspondences with her fellow medical associates whom she had formed a Network of doctors with no borders.
The concept was that if all medically trained doctors, healers and care givers had pledged to a similar oath, much like the Hippocratic Oath; then despite their opposing home government orientation, the oath superseded borders. They would respond to any and all who seeked medical humanitarian assistant....within reason. One would not jump into an X-Wing in the midst of battle and set up an infirmary in the middle of a battlefield, no. But on the outskirts, in refugee camps, and aftermath of destruction...yes.

"Hmm..." Her attention were drawn on the notification icon that appeared on her holo-pad.
It were from a Janick Beauchamp, a pilot in the naval branch of the ORC. The woman had requested assistance in her believed bout with some compound or pathogen that were gravely affecting her mental capacity. But the woman was intelligent enough not to try and diagnose her own condition and seek her own means of treatments. This presented a somewhat good positive outlook that perhaps Ayda could indeed help the woman.
Along with the correspondence the woman did include edited accounts as per her and of her superior's reports on the woman's activities since the abnormal flashbacks and symptoms started showing itself. These were invaluable and Ayda would have to carefully study them...going over them several times as she would meet with the woman and get to the root of the symptoms.

She temporarily put that message aside and went to finish up and close her other correspondences.
having cleared her list, she re-opened Janick's message and read it over again.
Then she responded once more.

On Call Medical Assistant Program

Dear Capt. Janick Beauchamp,

I have received and downloaded your records and will be en route to Utapau as soon as I secure passage with a volunteer transporter. This shall not delay me as it appears to sound. There are many standby transports for such medical members such as I.
I will be reviewing the records you have attached as time allows during my flight to your current system.
I will transmit my ETA once I am get confirmation on the jump time. I estimate I shall be departing Lianna in the next 12 hours.
I look forward to our first meeting, Capt Beauchamp.

Your's trully'
Ayda Elisantra

* * * * * * * * * *​

Upon sending her reply, she closed the holo-pad and drew her hands over her features. She were tired. Tired after an 18 hour shift and the two hours catching up on her correspondences.
But she were far from getting sleep now.

"Hello..." She opened up a channel to the volunteer transport division.

"Yes, this is Dr Elisantra...."

"Yes, I need to secure a transport to system Utapau. Have you any flights available within the next 12 hours?"

"Oh?...Uhm... I..."

"What? Oh no no... I was just checking over my patient list. I can be ready in 3 hours...yes"

The classified parts contained no information of any real medical help. In fact, she wrote the entire starfighter and anti-aircraft portions of the AAR as far as Utapau is concerned, and, while she did, in fact vomit and get her mind to overload so easily, In addition, she would expect [member="Ayda Elisantra"] to get a vacutainer to draw her own blood. I have to say, my blood wasn't contaminated when I processed those alchemical commissions, else at least one of them would have poisoned equipment on their hands, in fact, Er'in would have had a poisoned Sith blade, and I heard no such thing from anybody. If my blood is contaminated today, that would be due to pathogens coming from anywhere but Dagobah, probably D'Qar, but that would not explain why my mind overloads so easily, nor why I was getting such visions before coming to D'Qar. I'm probably due for more tihaar; my brain is playing way too many tricks on me, she thought, while reviewing the report from the medical lab in Kessil that has finally arrived. She could always chalk up that belated blood test result using a sample drawn the day she even alchemized that Sith blade in the first place to the long waitlists of war casualties: civilians, other combatants onboard the Compellor... But, if Ayda was Force-sensitive, she would realize how strongly Janick's brain was glowing in the Force. Before she goes out to drink more Asobi 95% tihaar, she realizes that Griet has taken over all the mechanistic work for the time being and she is typing a final message to Ayda:

I am transmitting one final document that has arrived: the report from the blood testing conducted with the sample taken the day after Dagobah, which arrived to me after your last message. It indicates that there were no pathogens found in my blood.

Attachment: Blood testing report

Janick

"Jane, for weeks now you have been drinking tihaar, day in, day out" Griet confronts Janick, while Janick has been preparing to drink three servings of the very same tihaar.

"Griet, knowing what could cause my mental equity to decrease doesn't say anything about the amount of the decrease!" Janick shouted, as if using Dun Moch, and then proceeded to drink the double shooter full of tihaar.

"What do you mean, you know how your mental equity has decreased?"

"A person's mind, from an accounting standpoint, is a sole proprietorship!" she shouted, while hiccuping after the word proprietorship. "It can't be a decrease in contributed capital, hic! There's no such thing as dividends in a sole proprietorship, hic! It must be some revaluation reserve"

"Look, Janick, I tried to be helpful to you, but... a revaluation reserve?" Griet's brow furrowed, surprised, even though, right now, Griet was the person that knew the most about accounting in the Circle, and, in fact, among the Verdict's starfighter complement or its hangar crew, or among Utapau's starfighter garrison, and only Leastre would know more among all the pilots either woman flew with, but she is officially stationed on D'Qar. "You can't seriously believe that the currency of record has devalued! I do realize that, just because one asset is in a devalued currency, doesn't mean the total assets have lost value in the aggregate! You said it so yourself that you had no idea of how your mental liabilities and equity evolved beyond liabilities increasing and equity decreasing, and hence no idea of how your own mental assets evolved either, even though you mostly operate under the assumption that your assets have either remained stable or fluctuated very little"

Ayda looked at her crono, as she completed to pack. The scheduled flight that she was to get a hitch with was set to depart in less than an hour. She had already settled things with the hospital administrators and they had given her the go-ahead on this call. Everything had to follow protocol, including hospital networks if they were going to work and be efficient.
So it came to reason that what remained left after getting all of the required ducks in line were to pack for the crossing. And she had now less than an hour to do so and be at the Freighter's dockside to catch a ride or wait for days till another opportunity would present itself. It weren't that she were jumping within a sector of space or to the next. Hell, those flights she could almost take on a whim.
No. She literally was heading more than half the distance of the galaxy to get to Utapau.
If she made this flight, then there would be 3 other flights she had synchronized to take to get to her destination.

* * * * * * *​

"Whew...yes... Elisantra....Dr Ayda...pant, pant....Elisantra...yes..." She barely made the flight and had to literally jump on the retracting boarding ramp to make it in. There she were met with a ensign...who had been notified of the doctor rushing toward the ship that was already fired up to take off.
Ayda showed her credentials and was welcomed aboard. It were a merchant marine ship, a large freighter that would jump from Lianna to the Marra Corridor. There it would make a fast hyperspeed jump of an estimated 23 hour flight to Breznia system. It were where the doctor would disembark and then board another transport to take her further.

Getting a small and tight crew quarter...one the size of a closet, she plopped herself on the bunk and pulled out her holo-pad. Another message had been sent from the pilot Janick. Ayda downloaded the blood sample report into the patient's file. She would compare the report to the sample she were going to take. Not that she didn't believe it were accurate, but it did provide a base. With regular blood samples it just may reveal if the patient's health were stable, getting healthier or deteriorating.

She then sent out her progress, as promised to the pilot.

On Call Medical Assistant Program

be informed that I have received the attached report you have sent me and that I am currently en-route to your destination.
I am about to jump to Bresnia via Marra Corridor. The estimated time for this jump is 23 hours.
My iteneray as planned is to make another transport from Bresnia to Zolan...20 hrs, as it is off any main route. From Zolan to Medila system...19 hours.. then final transport jump to Utapau will take another 21 hours.
In total from the time I send this reply I shall be arriving at your destination in aprox 83 hours. Do understand that any deviations from my calculated times are beyond my scope of control.
I pray your condition is at least stable and remains so during my flights.

Yours trully,
Ayda Elisantra

"You're right, in saying that it didn't affect, hic! my intellectual capabilities that much, hic! Then again, it's clear that, hic! all three of us, hic! are really brilliant" Janick responded to Griet, after drinking yet more Asobi 95% tihaar.

"Can you stop bickering about... accounting?" Alyssa hollered, while yawning afterward. "Yes, our brains are very fast, yes, we know about how your mental liabilities have increased at the expense of mental equity"

"I get that, without us, there would just not be any Asobi 95% tihaar on the market, and hence the Magic Circle earns 1/7 of the profits on said tihaar, but clearly you have been abusing Asobi 95% tihaar these days! Be lucky that you aren't onboard the Verdict or in the D'Qar airbase!"

"I have but, hic! one thing to ask of you, hic! In three days, hic! I will be, hopefully, hic! getting treatment, hic! so please, be patient with me, hic! until then"

"Really, Janick, your brain is unlike anyone else's I've met in my lifetime, not even Alyssa's or mine. You readily embrace its capabilities, don't let your intellect or your memory become burdens to you!"

Three... days? That's enough to get sensor crystals and pilot seats done for the week, and then some! Using sawdust, mead and blood I can make crystals... hopefully, there would be no combat sorties during those three days, she thought, upon reading the ETA given by [member="Ayda Elisantra"], which covered three full standard days and a half. She knew that, somehow, something was wrong with her, but it took her a while to realize the full gravity of the problem, that she needed help. Help would soon come, hopefully, and that she may come back on track with her mental health, while also being mindful of the tricks her memory may play her, especially since she experiences first-hand the problems of actually having a perfect memory. In the meantime, it was like replaying that mental tape of when she attempted to teach one Er'in Tenel a pair of Force-powers, Drain Knowledge and alchemy. As much as she has a lasting memory of what's going on inside my brain, of how active my well-trained brain curves are, I have a lasting memory of hers, too, and not simply of a Force-using girl that realized the full extent of my memory, and Er'in brain is quite different from mine, or even from the other two witches in the Circle, but fast, well-trained nonetheless, she thought, before going to sleep.

She closed off her holo-tablet, making it go in stand-by mode.
Ayda was on her way, tired and suddenly realizing , hungry to boot. She had been up around the clock, with finishing up her shift, getting caught up in correspondences, and lastly securing a lift on a freighter that were bound almost at the border sector of The Galactic Empire, the system of Bresnia. In reality, there were much commerce traffic near the system, as it were right off the Marra Corridor. Chances of running into Imperial entanglements were low. Stil, it were just a few million light years from the Empire and all it were was just a quick short jump for them to disrupt the trade route. But again, with recent statistics, there was little to be concerned about.

"Oh it's fine... goulash and...and that... fine." She put her tray on the counter for the cook to serve her the bowl and plop a good portion of...of what-ever-that-green-stuff was, on the side.
Unusual fond memories of her childhood back in the cafeteria food line in the orphanage reminded her of this. It was why she never objected to galley mass produced crew meals, as that was pretty much what she had been used to eating most her life.
She smiled, thanking him with her gesture and slid her tray to the next section. Bread, bread and more bread, of what appeared to be of different variants of grains and grown carbs. Again, not labeled, so she opted for what smelled more her taste.

"Huh?....I don't understand." Ayda replied to a species she weren't familiar with it's language, but physiology.
It went on to repeat itself, only trying to use it's appendixes to better communicate. But that sign language just wasn't helping to make it's attempt to be understood any better. Ayda could only shrug her shoulders and make an expression of not understanding.

"Miss...she's saying that you seem too small a human to make for a doctor." A near humanoid crew member translated the alien woman's words.
"Oh...uhm... doctors come in many sizes and forms. Size doesn't influence or impede one's conviction to become a doctor..." She replied, not knowing where this was leading to.
Ok, so she were small by human standards, but that was irrelevant with one's intelligence and proficiency at what they did.

But the alien weren't trying to pick an argument. It had heard of a doctor who had jumped the ramp to make the flight. It had assumed to be a male human of good size to be that committed. In fact, by the end of the meal, Ayda retired to her closet quite content that someone had thanked her for her services that had not required her medical assistance. Seemed good gestures and examples no matter how small or large, were indeed noticed in this chaotic galaxy plagued with never ending conflicts.

With a full belly and sleep beckoning her to lay down in that tight cubicle that were her quarters, she drifted into her dreams...

* * * * * * * * * *​

There were no real time to adhere to in space to say if it were day or night. But she opened her eyes to her rendition of morning. She were renewed, and her time in the unconsciousness real of her dream... reinvigorated.
She lay there looking up at the riveted seams of durasteel. It were like she was back in her mother's womb...cold layers of flesh, bone and skin.
"Gasp!" She rightened herself up quickly on her berth, dissipating those thoughts quickly. She needed a drink and got up to secure one. But before she left, she tapped on her pad. "Hmm..." 3 hours, 12 minutes and counting before they would emerge in Bresnia system. She had literally slept almost the entire crossing. No wonder she needed a shot.

* * * * * * * * *​
Bresnia system port terminal...

Ayda had disembarked the freighter which had provided her with a lift to Bresnia. Now it were a matter of finding Bay 357 and jump on that transport to take her to her next drop off.
It were a Correllian corvette, a relatively fast ship, that were making an undisclosed delivery to Zolan.
This was her ride.
"Hello, Capt Tellos?...Hi, my name is Dr Elisantra. I believe-"

"Oh yes, you're the doctor I've been waiting here for the last 3 hours....get on, doctor.... been waiting long enough..." He didn't give her enough time to finish, before cutting her off.

"Yes, of course...sure thing, captain..." She nodded, getting in, so as not to cause him any more delay. She didn't try to explain herself , nor object to his demeanor. After all, he were taking her to her next destination for free. That said more about his character than he was letting his tough exterior show.

"Over there..the second cabin. Take that one..it's got it's own head...bathroom rather.
Ahem...well, git settled in. I ain't got time to chit-chat." And so he turned and headed to the cockpit.

The hot shower were a blessing. The previous flight had one, but it were an open type for the crew. Not that she minded a public open bathroom, just that her body had pressed her to eat, then sleep.
But here now she ran that recycled filtered hot water through her hair, features and skin. It felt so good...so like re-energizing her as she in many ways were casting dark matter off her person.

The flight went very smooth and despite the captain's early tough guy attitude, he was a man of good company and conversation. He did a lot of volunteer work for the network of doctors. He believed in doing his part. He had once served as a naval officer but that was over two decades ago and the last 5 or so years, he;d been volunteering to take on doctors on his shipping rounds. The way he saw it, it didn't cost him more than having good company with good doctors.
The cabin provided her with an almost first class accommodation. Literally, it had more amenities than she could possibly have asked for..or needed, say for the convenience of a liquor bar. The cooler had quite an array of liquors in shot serving sizes. She pretty much knew most of them. And what did she do with such a potpourri of spirits?
2PfaD0S.jpg
....she concocted a rainbow drink.

It were of different alcoholic beverages stacked up one atop another by means of their specific gravity. The heavier liquors created the bottom layers and the more lighter ones the top. One had to be very adapt in making these as it required a steady hand and for the liquors to be stacked without disturbing the former layer below them.
Sure, it were not worth taking so much care and trouble to make one, but she were after all killing both time and crave. So she sat there on one of the couches in her first class cabin and savored the drink, one liquor layer at a time. Talk about a time out-

* * * * * * * * * *​
The Corvette dropped out of hyperspace in Zolan system.
Ayda bid farewell to her kind and generous Captain. Naturally also tanking him for her tapping the spirits in her cabin's cooler. He laughed it off and presented her with a small box. It were a gift. Ayda could sense what it were and gave him a good departing hug. It weren't everyday she'd meet an individual like that. Maybe one day when it were his time to make the crossing, she would be the one holding his hand guiding him toward the light...

The day before [member="Ayda Elisantra"]'s arrival, Griet and Janick are eating breakfast, when extra stuff began flashing in Janick's head about her accounting course so that, in fact, Janick knew pretty much the same amount of accounting knowledge as Griet did. Not that she couldn't remember it, just that, because her mind was so easy to overload by now, it took longer to conjure up that image of that accounting course, the order in which the four main financial statements are prepared. Statement of income is done first, but the statement of changes in equity is the simplest for my case: if the only changes in equity come from revaluation reserve and net income, and still somehow add up to a negative change in equity, then the revaluation loss must be greater than the net income. I said essentially nothing about the mental accounting equivalent of the net income at this point, and still assumed my mental liabilities increased at the expense of equity for some reason, she thought, prior to eating her BLT sandwich, while being mindful of not waking up Alyssa who, clearly, knew very little about accounting, however much Alyssa trusted the other two ladies for accounting matters in the Circle.

"I may have been complaining about mental liabilties increasing at the expense of mental equity, but I have been assuming that I just broke even this entire time; in fact, my bottom line..."

"The bottom line of which statement? Statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive income, statement of cash flows? You just can't be referring to the statement of changes in equity because you have been complaining about how your equity has lowered"

"Usually, when people talk about the bottom line, they talk about the bottom line on the statement of comprehensive income; said bottom line can affect whether or not my mental equity has actually decreased. And, if my equity did, in fact, decrease, it would affect the revaluation losses I have been incurring because it's possible part of the losses I have been incurring... well, in fact, using resources to make profits may as well been done in a period where revaluation could be a problem"

"There's definitely something wrong with you, but relaxing some assumptions will muddy the waters. You have had a poodoo-load of flashbacks and about a variety of events that have varying levels of connections to each other. Yet, you seem to be describing a betterment, or collection of receivables, since you seemed to say that you had very little, if any, depreciation or allowances for doubtful accounts, to account for"

"What I said on D'Qar about depreciation and allowances for doubtful accounts is that they are mostly associated with forgetting. Actually the statement of cash flows depends a lot more on the statement of comprehensive income than on the statement of changes in equity in my case, but it would snowball nonetheless in there. And you can't really talk about learning on account in my case, since I'm not making any learning with a definite curriculum, and an account payable would be more likely to be... stress-related"

"Your liabilities that are stress-related are, in fact, due to the stress of battle, and I incur them as well, since each and every sortie a dogfighter flies is a brush with death"

"Griet, I can feel your frontal lobe glowing in the Force; your brain curves are increasing in Force-luminosity. I've seen your brain glow that brightly on a few occasions, such as when you were learning how to perform spirit infusion and did that on a drill bit"

Zolan to Medila system went without incident and once more, Ayda found herself on a large merchant vessel. This time round it weren't in such tight cramped quarters or in a first class cabin as her last one had been. It were somewhere in between, but in a shared cabin with another young woman, of Twi'lek race. Both were close in age if one were to compare years matured, and the crossing was for the most part very social like.

The time seemed to fly by this trip as Ayda and her new found friend took to sharing meals, tea time and walks from level to level and back making a full multi level tier walk close to a kilometer. It were good to get one's legs moving on a long flight and the company was very much welcomed.
By the time the freighter dropped out of hyperspace, the two had exchanged info and would retain correspondence.

* * * * * * * * *​

Securing the last flight to Utapau from Medila proved more challenging as the vessel which had responded to her request had not made port yet and it's flight was for the most part undetermined.
Ayda waited 4 hours at the terminal with no more info on the flight than before. She made contact with the Allied Tion Medical Center and they had little more info than the port authority on Medina had.
They requested she try booking a more local flight to the system Utapau via the hospital's credential. They transmitted her the credit account for a minimal amount. Naturally besides a few flights she inquired did not take hospital credits, as they were for the most part, too low to even fire up their sub-light drives to take her to orbit, it were getting tougher as the hours ticked away. Ayda herself didn't have enough credits to off set the difference and the hours now ticked to 7 hours behind schedule with still no flight secured to Utapau.

She had no choice but to send out another transmission from her new quarters..the terminal bench. Munching on a terminal bought wrap hot sandwich, she opened up her holo-pad...

On Call Medical assistance Program​

It is with deep regret that I am so close, yet so far in reaching you at my earlier ETA. Currently, as it stands, my scheduled flight has yet to be accounted for in its arrival on Medila's port. Inquiries have turned up little info as far as what has happened to delay that vessel. I've been grounded here on Medina with no luck in securing a flight to your location. At the time I am sending this message off to you, I have been delayed now nearing 10 hours.
I am on stand-by with the port authority, but as it stands at this moment, they do not know when I can secure a flight to Utapau.
I pray that your health is at least stable and to trust in the force, as at this moment, it seems to have me grounded.

With sincerest regrets,
Ayda Elisantra
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

She sent out her message and slowly tapped the pad to sleep.
It were terrible, but somehow it was the will of the force in delaying her. She could sense it. For what purpose or reason, she knew it would be pointless to guess. Whatever the reason, it would manifest itself in time.

All she could do now was to catch up on sleep again. She had a light meal from one of the terminal's food stand and had just finished it as she sent out her message to Janick. So she kneaded her pack into a makeshift pillow and embraced it half sitting up, as she closed her eyes with crowds of people and aliens busting about the busy terminal....

Janick is still dealing with frequent flashbacks, and she was rolling in her bed, the day where Ayda was supposed to arrive. Only to be awakened by a ping from her datapad, reading a message from Ayda, whose content could be summarized by her notification of a ten-hour delay. Ten extra hours late? I hope that I can remain stable until then; she may as well attempt to cure more locals that were injured but somehow survived the battle there after she's done with me, she thought, upon receiving a notification of delay from [member="Ayda Elisantra"]. All groggy, Janick reluctantly gets out of bed, her body reeking of tihaar feeling a little heavy, and her brain taking much longer to "warm up" than she was used to. As such, flashbacks also took longer to conjure in her mind, but she was about to collapse on the floor, when Griet was woken up by the datapad notification. Once she could finally be wearing one of those dark purple dresses, Janick is having an extra flashback to conjure. Her hangover on Asop, where she tried to learn the basics of motivating the hangar crew of the Verdict, and hence attempt to enrich their jobs, realizing she had very limited room to actually do so.

"POODOO!" Janick screamed when she makes eye contact with Griet.

"Why are you screaming poodoo in the hall?"

"It seems that medical attention will be delayed by at least an extra ten hours" Janick answered, crying on the floor.

"By the Force, Jane, I hope that these extra ten hours are worth it to get your problems under control! Otherwise I may as well be taking you to the psychiatric emergency room at the local hospital! Do you remember how many servings of tihaar you drank last night?"

"Seventeen. Not as bad as Asop, so I can still hope for a faster recovery than this scene on Asop. I think we should eat pie à la mode, captain"

Medila system, terminal 12 waiting area....

Ayda's dream sequences turned over one after another in real time, for in many ways it were. It needn't her to be there physically when the ones she connected to made their crossings. The connection were as vivid and real as she were standing there...for she consciousness was....

"Miss..." Came a voice from the near blinding dream that her consciousness at the moment existed. Ayda laying there with her arms around her makeshift pillow did not stir, but her consciousness were aware and it couldn't return to the temple that was Ayda physically, not just yet.
"Miss Elisantra....Miss, can you hear me?" The physical voice from a man's voice at the terminal kept calling her to awake.
Ayda could have certainly complied, but her task were not yet done through her dream consciousness. It were taking one across the threshold of life thereafter.

Doctor.... Miss Elisantra... she's not responding.

Check her pulse... another voice was heard.

What for?....she's breathing....she's just passed out, I think. Call the medics....

Miss.... Miss, wake up....mam?

Her task completed, the blinding light receded and she returned.

Ayda opened her eyes and sat up. There were several people surrounding her, some concerned, some just curious.
"Wow...talk about due sleep.." She played it off.
Still, the first responders, the first aid squad nevertheless arrived. Ayda 's persuasion did little to ward off the eye exam and the taking of her blood pressure among other quick emergency evaluations. She didn't resist, knowing quite well since they had responded to a call, that they were obligated to either provide first aid, call for a transport to the nearest medical bay or give her a clean bill of health.
She received a clean bill of health chalking up her lack of response as being dead asleep.

Given the all thumbs up the original voice heard were that of the port authority officer who had come to inform her that a flight was available.
"When's it set to leave?" She asked getting a handle on her bags.

It was the original delayed flight. It had finally arrived an hour ago and unloaded its current passengers. It were currently being refueled and was going to jump to Utapau as soon as it got clearance. She was for the most part the only civilian passenger, as it were going to Utapau to pick up military personnel who had acquired leave.

The ship was in docking bay 351 and Ayda made it there just as the service crew was detaching the fuel lines. It were a semi military transport. Very minimal accommodations..just rows of seats and a few strategically placed heads. She was after all going to a forward base on Utapau. Not in a combat zone...but a military base nonetheless.

Her choice of seats as there were plenty.

The flight took just less than 21 hours as there had been some optimal corrections. Ayda for the most part had sent another message indicating she had boarded the transport and would arrive at a set time. It were incidentally at the same base station Janick was currently stationed. What had delayed the transport, she hadn't been informed and she didn't inquire as in reality she weren't interested at all. It were after the fact and knowing wouldn't have changed her current status.

So during most of her flight, she went over again the files and skimmed through the field evaluations and blood sample analysis. She put the blood analysis reports up front. If anything, they could be used as a baseline.

The transport put down during the night cycle of the system as that was where the base was located.
Ayda walked down the long wide loading ramp, the only soul coming out of a transport. But just before her foot hit the tarmac, an entire quad it seemed of military personnel, women and men came to board the transport as it were once again being refueled.

Ayda was met with security officers who had been informed of the passenger the transport was dropping off.
They knew her name and she graciously provide the correct credentials which they quickly crosschecked and then welcomed her on base.
"I'm in need of finding a Captain Janick Beauchamp...pilot...ORC officer..."

"I'm in need of finding a Captain Janick Beauchamp...pilot...ORC officer..."

"She has to be somewhere in the headquarters" the security guard answered Ayda.

The Circle's business for mechanistic products and crystallography was currently so slow Janick could actually be at the base's headquarters, wearing her dress uniform, when [member="Ayda Elisantra"] finally arrived. Whatever people went on leave in the base were people ordered to do so in an attempt to get fresh combatants on station after the events of Utapau, which traumatized a number of the survivors, and relieved by other personnel garrisoned on other planets, such as Asop, Alakaha and Dokkalfarsed. In fact, the guard brought Ayda to Janick's personal office, where she finally got around to processing the paperwork associated with ordering victuals, fuel and ordnance after the battle - she was worried that ordnance was running low. Alcohol she could much more readily procure for a base housing three squadrons even if it meant purchasing tihaar from Asop over other varieties of alcohol if only because of warehousing costs, which are much lower for that stuff than for any drink at lower concentrations. Finally, it was about time medical help arrived, she thought, after using Detoxify Poison to break down the alcohol and other toxins remaining in her bloodstream. Once Ayda arrived in Janick's office in the headquarters:

"Captain, Dr. Elisantra has arrived" the security guard announced to Janick.

"Welcome, Dr. Elisantra; have a seat. I am Janick, I have been complaining about how frequent flashbacks made my mind so easy to overload since this engagement on Dagobah, yet, since those flashbacks were, more often than not, related to what I was doing at the here-and-now level, rather than being mostly about a specific traumatic event, it's possible my memory can play tricks on me. Also, with my close circle I often seem to talk about my problems in accounting terms, that is, I describe to them what's happening to me as my mental liabilities increasing at the expense of mental equity. But that's as far as I could safely narrow down the problem" she told Ayda as she was being seated.

Ayda had arrived by nightfall as opposed to what she had previously estimated based on secured and confirmed flights and calculated jumps. But the layover on Medila which would have brought her here early that morning had now pretty mush eaten up the day.

Giving a nod and smile of thanks to the guard, she approached the woman behind the desk whom had been identified as the Janick she were here to see. Naturally she still held on to her bags and although her intention were to shake the woman's hands, somehow the woman seemed to dispense with formalities and got down to her problem. This was fine and perfectly normal for a lot of patients. As thus Ayda took the invite to sit, setting her bags down next to her. She had to make a mental note as to her surroundings...military...protocols.... file and rank. Not so dissimilar to her own everyday hospital operations. But she were in the field now and this was her patient.

Most of what Janick were describing and in the manner were indeed self awareness and one seemingly running in an endless loop. First thing that came to mind was perhaps stress...which would explain the overexertion and the woman's current anxiety.
But these were natural prognosis that came to mind that really didn't warrant any focus on until there were factors which would tie her to address and pursue one or the other avenue. In truth, there was no way today she could make a diagnosis as to the manner of how to go about addressing the woman's claimed ailments.
She would have to start with a base...the woman's current health condition and lack of, it there were factors that were pressing on the woman to run on as such. Clearly whatever were pressing on Janick, was indeed affecting her mentally. She may have been going over her own condition trying to narrow it down to one specific point for some time, maybe too too repetitively perhaps.

"Excuse me... Captain Beauchamp." She found the means to break in before the woman would continue with her self diagnostics. It were clear that the woman was distraught over what had been going about in her head for one reason or another. But no way would it be possible to take in what a patient had come to conclude and go from there as a start point. it certainly did provide a direction, but certainly not the route.

"I am here to help you. I wouldn't have crossed half the galaxy if I weren't concerned. But I must remind you that I am a physical doctor. If there is a cause for what condition has afflicted your ability to function as you believe you once did....nd sitting here facing an officer of the ORC, I do believe that that rank was earned by merits and your mental capacity to be true and sharp minded. Going by statistics, not many pilots make it too far past your age, captain.
So do I believe yesteryear that your mental capacity were not in question and properly balanced? Yes, I do.
To be curt, I know nothing of you.. nothing per say of your current physical well being and mental condition." She had to be honest with her patients and sometimes had to take a hard line to cease all unnecessary detours that would mislead and prolong one's diagnosis of the problem. There had to be a clear line of sight to aim, whether it were a short step or a long jump, but there had to be a clear line.

"If you are willing for me to help you, I will need to examine you captain. The records you have forwarded me are not conclusive. They do not indicate that you are suffering any physical ailments. This I must verify on my own. I need to start from base line, today.
I hope you are in agreement, as it will commit both of us to the same campaign. and that is to get you back into your normal state of mind and being.
I mention both because the physical does gravely affect the mind and vise-versa. One cannot function optimally without the other in harmony with it alongside. It's all part of one's equilibrium, Captain Beauchamp. This is the key to both physical and mental well being." She had to make that point clear.

"Since we've dispensed with formalities from the start...
My name is Ayda. ..and if you don't mind me addressing you as Janick when we are in private conversation, i shall retain calling you captain in the presence of your peers, and subordinates...and of your higher command." Ayda had to say what she needed to say before Janick could interject. If anything, she were letting the officer know that she were to be on a more personal level with her, when in private such as in a setting that they were currently in. But in the presence of others, Ayda would address her with proper form and protocol deserving of her rank.

"Is this satisfactory to you, Janick?"

"These terms are satisfactory; in fact, the reason why you are here is because of the possibility of physical ailments"

Janick readily accepted that what little medical information she could produce was not enough to conclusively lead the diagnosis process towards a specific direction, nor was it enough to narrow down any further than she could. I suppose my knowledge of medicine is just not up to the level of a medical doctor, but to suggest that the increase in my mental liabilities, and any accompanying decrease in mental equity, could be physical in nature? It was, well, plausible, and I knew I was often subjected to physical stresses and adrenaline rushes in flight, despite the inertial compensator being in full. Even then, there could be a number of possible physical conditions, some of which I may not know about their existence, she thought, while relaxing her body to the extent she could actually do so. She was willing to be subjected to an array of medical tests, such as another blood test, and all the usual stuff commonly associated with medical examinations. Blood pressure, heart rate, reflexes, etc. But even to the extent that she could describe her symptoms, she had a flashback of what Griet told her before this system call: Do [get outside help], and be prepared to explain your issues, as well as what contributed to those issues and their side effects, at any level of detail you can conjure. Don't hesitate to be transparent: any withheld information may also mean withholding a possible key to the cure or at least coping with it if it ends up being incurable. Not that she didn't trust [member="Ayda Elisantra"], if that was necessary, so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom