Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Above the Clouds of Bespin [Public]

"Startorn, and I don't drink in public" he said simply, why does in seem like some people get into trouble just cause they want to talk to guards? Honestly it doesn't make any sense but he'd seen people do it before, "you wanna tell me how you got in this mess?"

”Yelling and laughing,” with a small chuckle to himself, eyes on the actress as he set down his drink. One thing Djorn enjoyed was just observing people, showing his affinity for psychology and trying to figure out people’s behaviors and their personality. Right now he knew there was some sort of mood between them due to the dialogue exchanged between them, obvious hints of flirting and wanting to head out of this scene and dive into a more calm, casual location such as a famous burger joint beloved from thousands of systems. He immediately caught on how Pinky reacted after taking her shot it all said on her face. Was unprepared for the taste of perhaps never had hard liquor before. Nose wrinkling, lips turning into disgust, and a hand coming to her mouth. Natural, reminded of him with his first experience with liquor. Good on her to ingest it down and now throw it up, wouldn’t want to make an embarrassing scene for herself considering her reputation amongst the filming industry.

From this observation he concluded with a hypothetical guess that she was a lightweight or favored tropical drinks that killed off the bitterness of hard liquor such as whiskey.

”Too strong of a taste? I hope I don’t throw up, wouldn’t wanna embarrass whatever of a small clout I got,” and his hand went for the shot, not yet ingesting it but his hands playing with the glass. Slowly turning it, thumb going along the rim of the container. Lie or truth? It did made him think, did he do this often? He wasn’t unfamiliar with bars and cantinas, but a scene like this? No, mainly because he sucked at dancing at a style with no discipline and form. Anarchy and degenerate just like his enemies.

”Not really, I don’t get VIP passes unlike you. I’m usually at a lame cantina away from the cool kids and pinks. What about you? I’m sure you get the limelight on your vibrant self.”

And down goes the shot as he took it up, his tongue and throat embracing its taste. Strong enough for his teeth to come together with his lips spacing themselves to reveal them.

”I guess it’s alright, ready to leave this dump?”

[member="Loske Matson"]

[member="Startorn"]
"You don't drink in public and yet you are at the opening of a club. Makes perfect sense. So...what you're here trying to.......meet new people?" She smiled and waved to get a drink.

"Mess..what mess - you mean the security detail. " Sure she could tell him, and so could half dozen others, but heck, "Pretty girl batted her eyes in my direction. I thought she needed help because of how her eyes looked. Call it whatever you want. I went over and helped the lech who was hold her to let go. The girl disappeared, the guy was laying on the floor and the detail showed up cause I was the last one standing. Its common practice. As they were taking me away for a talk....you showed up. And that" her drink arrived, she took a sip, "as they say is that"

She smiled again then looked around.

[SIZE=12pt]The abbreviation didn’t really faze him any, since quite a few of his relatives called him that when he was younger. Sadly he felt like the management behind their little fight never got around to giving him any rewards. So he was a little bummed about that and didn’t really feel like he gained much other then feeling kind of bad about hitting a woman.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He listened to her mention buying a drink and he gave a soft smirk. “Sadly, or thankfully being a zeltron lets me consume more than my fair share of booze without getting too bad off. To get much of a buzz early on I need to drink something that tastes like jet fuel." But he would at least like to enjoy a drink if it was on her. “If this place has any Jawa Juice I wouldn’t mind a glass, and thank you very much.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Cyran said, finally replying. “As for me I’m doing alright for myself. After our brawl I had a nice vacation with my lovely wife.” After that he swore he could hear her correcting his word choice to describe her. She was a little freaky, but at least she was honest. “Since then me and my pals haven’t been up to much. We considered pulling off some cons in the outer rim but it never came to be.”[/SIZE]

[member="Tan'yill"]

"I don't drink in public because in my line of work you don't have time to be drunk, and my reason for being here is private" Startorn said glancing around "but let me get something straight, you went to save a lass then ended up being saved by me? Seems like there's a lot more danger here then normal openings"

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

She laughed, 'I wouldn't say you saved me really. They were just going to slap me on the wrists and let me go. You spared me the 'talking to' but the girl yeah she ditched me. Who knows why. I ain't got time to figure it out."

She let the drink wash away the stress of the last half hour, "private business. Hard to conduct private in public place. Someone always sees and then its not private anymore." She tried private a few times it worked half the time. "So is this your first trip to Bespin?"

She could do small talk too.

[member="Startorn"]

"private works fine in public if people don't know what there seeing" Startorn said tilting his head "no, when you travel a lot your bound to go to Bespin, most likely sooner then later" as soon as he finished a small sizzle came from his helmet and he quicky took it off as it started to smoke "huh, guess that shot did more damage then I thought" he said setting it down on the counter

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Well now that's a tough break. I thought you folks never wanted your faces shown?" She was certain of it afterall she knew one or two in her lifetime.

A small sigh escaped her lips another time, another life even. A life that did not resemble this one.

She looked over again, "Bespin has its perks, distance being one." It was not Coruscant but it was busy.

[member="Startorn"]

"depends on the clan" he replied, his clan had always been a little more lenient when it came to rules and tradition, "I don't like busy places to much, can't see my surroundings enough" he said shaking his head

Kyra's gaze landed on green. And pink.

Her fuzzy attention solidified on the back of a very familiar head. She walked in a careful circle around the crowd, the girl taking pains to keep several layers of bodies between her and... the curve of the nose came into view, unmistakable to the girl that had spent her life staring up at it.

Yula?!

Kyra cursed under her breath, ducking out of sight before her older sister could see. Oooooh. If she was spotted she was toast! Toast! And Acaadi! The idiot! Leave it to him to go flirt with the first pink thing he sees-- just cause she hasn't stuck her hand down his-- gah!

Stupid green people.

After a few breaths and a good self-delivered slap, Kyra managed to ground herself to the moment. She walked back to the side of the bar at Yula's back and sliiiid away with someone's peanut bowl as she went. She found a new seat a good ten feet away, the back of her sister's head half obscuring Acaadi from view. Kyra bit her lip, took a deep breath... and with a force-assisted lift, started sending peanuts flying to hit the side of Acaadi's head. And knee. And ... nuts. The other kind.

If he finally caught her gaze, he'd find her glaring and gesturing sharply for him to Get. Over. Here!

[member="Yula Perl"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Amea Virou"] [member="Acaadi"]

Wretched Vampire
He saw Kyra as she circled around them to reach the bar. Acaadi had felt her gaze on him. He was part way through coming up with a plan of escape when the first object struck him. He felt a little flash of annoyance that he couldn't tell her to stop.

May's line of questioning actually afforded him an out. Or at least it gave him an opportunity to stop lying and use to truth to his own benefit. He was just thinking of how to phrase it.

Then the next nut struck him in the knee.

He grimaced. Kyra's sister seemed to have lost interest in the situation. The avian horror was still dancing with the blonde Jedi and if no one else was helping then Acaadi certainly wasn't.

"Actually I'm only seventeen," Acaadi revealed.

Don't you throw another…

Acaadi visibly flinched as the third missile struck him. An inch left and it would have truly hurt.

"I should go. I shouldn't be here. You can report me if you'd like, but I'll apologise to my master anyway."

The mirialan started to back away into the crowd.

[member="Kyra Perl"] // [member="Kat Decoria"] // [member="Acaadi"] // [member="Yula Perl"]

Amea had zoned out for a bit. Part of the fact that she was drunk, other part because she was still in a hopefully well-hidden inner turmoil about everything that was happening. Her attention went right back to the conversation in time for the tiniest of pats against the man’s robe. Hard to miss, but clearly something that bothered him. He seemed to look away, and when he clearly seem aggravated again, Amea couldn’t help but look over Yula’s shoulder only to see another Zeltron.

Curious.

“Hold on.” Amea said and pulled Acaadi back as her glance lingered on the other Zeltron. “Who is she? Should she be here?”

Eyes darted between Yula, and then Kyra, and then Yula again, before finally setting on Kyra once more. Amea's eyes squinted.

“She kind of looks like you, Yula. Almost.”

[member="Startorn"]

"I love busy places easier to hide. So...if this is a personal trip....are you being met or are you lost?" She wasn't sure what to say at the moment but she did see the familiar figure moving around - [member="Kyra Perl"]

Rekha looked over at Startorn again, "I'm tired and need to make delivery yet...how are you set for now?"

Without a second though, she turned her head to the bartender again. ''A large jawa juice for this gentleman fighter from Zeltros.'' she said and raised her chin a little. Making sure the bartender attended to the order, her green-yellowish gaze fell upon Cyran once again with a faint smirk. ''You're welcome. As said, I owe you one.'' she stated and took another sip of her own cocktail.

''Oh, a married man running around Cloud City all alone? I hope your wife won't be all mad at me for buying you that drink...'' she replied teasingly, but also with a slight interest and unexpectation that the bounty hunter was married. In that moment, the jawa juice served in a metal cup and placed in front of Cyran.

''You're a bounty hunter, right? I was under the impression that bounty hunters didn't run in packs?'' she continued and leant an elbow on the bar counter, giving full attention to the pink man in front of her.

[member="Cyran Vaas"]

[member="Kyra Perl"] [member="Yula Perl"] [member="Amea Virou"] [member="Acaadi"]

Nuts flew past Kat's ear and hit Acaadi, clearly someone didn't want Acaadi to talk. Kat followed Amea's gaze, it was focused on another Zeltron, this one looked similar age to Kat so she knew the girl was pretty young and likely not allowed here like Acaadi wasn't. Kat sipped her drink again and watched the interaction. "Well, if you were trying to subtly stop Acaadi from talking, I think you failed. Think your sister might know you are here." Kat added in warning to the young Zeltron, guessing that this was Yula's sister.

She ordered herself another drink, likely to be her final one since she could tell that she was becoming quite intoxicated so she didn't want to push it too far. Take it easy and just have fun, that was the plan she had for tonight.

Just as Yula would look back, Kyra ducked down and hit the floor.

Her sister's face pinched, and with an tactful and utterly cool sway of her hips, Yula dismissed herself to go tract down her little sister before she could, you know, start a bar fight or something.

Only once Yula had melted far into the crowd did Kyra slowly stand again. Her head emerged back amongst the crowd, the zeltron grumpily wiping dirt and something sticky off the palm of her hands. She charged forward across the bar, approaching the group with a firey expression. "Acaadi!" She chastised.

"I told you not to talk to pink people! What did you tell her?" She demanded, her shorter form barely level with his as he sat in the stool.

"And where did you get this drink??" She took it from him, taking a testing sip.

There was no denying that Amea was disappointed to see Yula go. Made sense though, had her brother been here she would have done the same though she suspected for different reasons. The people around the table began to split off and go in separate directions and Amea saw no reason not to do the same. Could have followed Yula and pointed towards her sister who had ducked out of view, or Kat who already seemed to have found the girl. But no, instead she maintained the grip around her drink, swept it, and made for the bar again. Amea glanced around the room and for a split second she could have sworn that she saw [member="Rekha Kaarde"].

Just like that there was pain in her heart, a small pang of cold that was hard to describe as anything other than a bigger piece of her own self getting violently torn away and torn apart before her very eyes. At the time she had ignored it, but with time it had become all so clear what had truly happened that day. Her brother, foolish as he was, died that day and in many ways so had she. Perhaps it was more apt to say that he had come close to it whereas in many ways she had not. Yet, in his death the girl found only the first of two endings. No more than twenty minutes would pass before a message was delivered to her holopad. It was a short message, a simple message with three words in it, words that in their gleam against the girl’s pale skin and blonde hair would drown out the darkness of Bespin’s unused maintenance tunnels before they made it go even darker, unbearable, before the force would grasp at the girl's throat with a chokehold that let her experience and truly taste every second of pure devastation as the person that she had thought to be the love of her life was slowly suffocated to death above the world of Anoat. The words I, love, and you had never felt as final as they did that day and in many ways it was perhaps even prophetic. It was the beginning of the end.

The bartender approached Amea but she seemed to be far gone from any reality they'd have shared. Instead she pushed from the counter and began to rub her eyebrows.

“Listen, the kid has split. I’m going to find him, can’t have him doing something ridiculous, like getting hurt.” Rekha’s voice echoed, right in front of her yet from all directions at once. “If you’re coming, great. If not, I’ll meet you both for drinks sometime.”

There had never been a time when she had cashed in on that drink. Bespin had remained on the girl’s no-go list for what seemed to her as all the right reasons. Had her captain not needed to refuel and undergo repairs, had she not come here, then maybe Amea would have been fine. But she was far from fine, and at this point there was no point in sticking around. She had a date with the biggest bottle she could find at the liquor store and after that the bunk on her ship. Alone.

There was no chance of creating better memories in a place such as this. It was a cursed platform hovering above the gaseous mist of a crooked world that took more than it would ever give back.

"Erm, she bought it for me," he said, pointing after [member="Amea Virou"]. He briefly considered going after her towards the bar to see if he could strike up a conversation and perhaps get another round. The idea seemed hopelessly naive now. There was more going on than he'd realised and he was left looking a bit of a fool.

"And I didn't think you meant to watch out for your siblings!" he protested, thinking it quite unfair to place such a condition on him.

"Why would you pick a club where your sister goes anyway?" he huffed.

Acaadi rolled his eyes and let his shoulders slump. He knew full well that he wasn't going to stand up to Kyra pouting so he decided to try and salvage something, anything from the evening.

"Enjoy the dance floor?"

[member="Amea Virou"] | [member="Startorn"]

"I am asking you if you are alright here, ya know...good to be you?"

It was a conversation she had on many nights with folks about how they were, good to sit, good to go, did they need a bed to sleep in, was he good to go. She looked around all while talking watching people watching their eyes.

For the briefest of moments she thought she saw a pair of familiar eyes but something felt off in the look. Her green eyes tried to hold the pair that for the moment rested on her and then turned away. Oh...now the last time she thought someone wanted to talk, or help she ended up in a fight.

She sighed heavily why did she feel she should know this, should ...."Listen cupcake, I need to get up and walk. I'll return in a bit...I have to stretch my legs" She rose up scanning again. Would those familiar eyes rest upon her again?

She looked at Star, he was good to talk to for certain, and he had gotten the security to let her be. She was glad for it. She smiled. Looking around, and still looking at Star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom