Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Abloom

Alicio gave Amani a curious, interested look. "Not your idea? Who dragged you all the way to Zeltros?"

"Well, not bad for your first outing then."

Alicio beamed proudly, taking the opportunity to wrap a casual arm around Amani's waist as she butted him with it. "Why, thank you very much," he said, accepting the praise with a bit of fake arrogance.

Alicio had been prepared to give up on his dreams of nightclubbing during the day with Amani, before she pointed out an underground entrance. The Count appraised it, finding a quiet, decidedly un-partylike smile. "Perfect." Gathering a bit of that adventurous spirit, Alicio took the first steps down, slipping into the establishment with Amani.

Alicio-Divider.png

underground-night-club-joseph-thiery.jpg

The immediate sharp taste of technobeat assaulted his tongue, even as a pleasantly floral smell enticed him forward. A small bar was tucked away in the corner, poised across an open floor, filled with an unexpected, yet select, amount of tourists and locals alike, likely pregaming the night's festivities. They jumped with the frantic pulse of the music, a reckless joy absent from the polite ballroom dances he was used to. Everything was bathed in a violent, passionate pink, the crowd of silhouettes bleeding together into on, amorphous blob of limbs and celebration.

Alicio tried his best to absorb it all. It was certainly no soiree, that was for sure. After a moment, he leaned into Amani, his lips just barely caressing her ear. "I... think I'll need a drink for this."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"A classmate of mine. She was usually the one getting me into trouble," Amani chuckled and scratched her head, "I believe it was her mom's club, in fact." Alicio pulled her closer, and she dipped her head. In acknowledgement, "You're very welcome. I am something of an expert in dancing, you know."

Though he was about ready to cut his losses Amani remained committed to finding a spot. Thankfully, they finally passed by an inconspicuous building, and after a quick appraisal, decided to give it a shot. The inside was about what Amani expected from a nightclub, filled with loud music and colored lights. There were more people in at this time that she might have guessed but with tonight's celebration upcoming, it wasn't unreasonable. And it would be less awkward than the two of them just dancing alone in an empty club.

Amani could barely hear her husband over the din, and smiled faintly at his voice tickling her ear, "That makes two of us," She led the way to the bar, where thankfully the speakers were turned down, making it a bit easier to talk. Though not typically one for alcohol, she found the cocktail she got at the last bar to be surprisingly tasty, and ordered the same thing here, "Is it everything you expected?"

Last edited:

"You're very welcome. I am something of an expert in dancing, you know."

Alicio's easy calm broke into cackling laughter. "A dancing expert now, are we?" His smirk turned hungry. "You'll have to show me some of your expert moves later~." He had to live up to being Amani's bad influence every once in a while.

Amani navigated the two of them over to the bar, where thankfully, the cacophonous club music was a bit more forgiving. Seeing what she ordered, Alicio held up a two with his fingers, signaling he'd have one of the same. It wasn't like he'd be able to taste it, anyways.

"Honestly, yeah. Just about." Alicio turned towards the dance floor. It was a little intimidating. Some dance moves on display were a bit more... promiscuous than he was used to in the shining halls of House Organa, and Alicio doubted he would participate in that particular style of dance. But there was an unbidden, happy freedom that the Count couldn't deny was magnetic. Anathema to him, but... tempting to fall into.

"Looks like fun," was all he said, but Amani had known him long enough to parse a sea of hidden meaning under his words.

Their drinks came, and Alicio was first to take a long drink, coughing a little as he came up for air. "So... do we just..." Alicio did a little explanatory shimmy with his shoulders. "Like... whenever, or...?"

"Something of the sort," Amani shrugged with faux, nonchalant confidence. She broke her act when Alicio leaned in to tease, making her giggle, "They might be a bit too flexible for you~" They could play this game all day. It just added to the night's finale.

At least the Count wasn't totally shocked by the club atmosphere. Leading up to their arrival, he had Amani half wondering if he was even aware of such venues beyond name and definition, "Not exactly an Alderaanian soiree, huh?" She twisted around to watch, to try and parse the silhouettes between moving lights.

"Think so?" Amani asked casually, right before their drinks were brought to them. She took a sip, nearly spitting as she laughed at Alicio's next question, "Just…?" Amani repeated, mimicking his little shimmy, "Yeah. Whenever. There's not really a lot of structure to this kind of place."

"Let me just finish this drink first. Then I'll feel free enough to dance,"
As was, by this point, a ritual for her. Getting down on the dance floor required a bit of liquid courage, "At least here, no one really cares. Or even if they did, you can barely make out who anyone is or what they're doing," Amani chuckled. There was a bit of freedom to that, she thought.

"They might be a bit too flexible for you~"

"I can be flexible," he murmured low, lying.

Down at the bar, Alicio continued to imbibe himself, standing close to his love. "If anything, it's more honest," Alicio commented, putting a positive spin on what would otherwise be an entirely alien experience. "Crazier. Louder, certainly. But honest."

After a moment of the two Organas shoring up their confidence with alcohol, Alicio took a half step towards the crowd, before turning on a heel, and raising an eyebrow at Amani. Over the loud music, he shouted out "Don't make me point!," before holding out a hand, in a familiar ballroom gesture.

The universal symbol for 'may I have this dance?'.

"Not as flexible as me…" Amani refuted with a sing-song intonation.

Alicio seemed to concur with her on the club setting, finding appreciation for its more lax nature in comparison to more familiar surroundings. Even if neither was brave enough for some of the dance moves being executed just a few feet away.

After finishing their "preparation", the Count dared to step back out into the music. He said something, which Amani could only partly make out, "What?!" She laughed, before joining him. The gesture was more than enough to decipher his intent. Amani nodded rhythmically, getting herself in-time with the beat of the song, "We're not about to do a waltz in the middle of a nightclub, are we?" She teased.

"We're not about to do a waltz in the middle of a nightclub, are we?"

"What?!" He jokingly put a hand to his ear. In truth, he'd heard about every other word. He stepped close, speaking into Amani's ear again to make sure she heard him. "No. Although, that would be hilarious..."

With that, Alicio found the rhythm, and tried his best to emulate it. It was awkward at first, as he wasn't quite sure what to do with his... anything, but he found a bit more enjoyment as he copied those around him. Hands up, bouncing on the balls of his feet, a tiny, focused smile on his face, as he tried to find the groove.

"Show me what you've got, Serys!," he barked out, shuffling away from a few dancers inching a little too close to him.

Amani snickered at their continuing challenge to hear one another over the music. She responded with an exaggerated nod to make sure her agreement was understood, rather than try to voice a more nuanced follow-up.

Watching Alicio try to figure out how to dance in a club was almost enough to assuage Amani's own concerns. Almost. But unlike her, he had a more natural penchant for the art of dance. So when he suddenly found his groove, she was caught off guard. At least this wasn't technically her first time clubbing.

Amani began with stiff, conservative movements, but gradually loosened up, taking a similar cue to follow the body language of those around them. Some were decidedly a bit too… forward, for her taste, but eventually she found a rhythm that felt natural. Her arms were up, and her body moved in an almost hypnotic sway, following her hips. Amani moved closer to Alicio, until they were almost right next to each other, escaping a few encroaching dancers of her own, "Good enough for a soiree?!" She asked jokingly. Imaging how a ballroom full of aristocrats might react to such a display was certainly entertaining, at least.

He could nearly sense the amusement radiating off of his beloved, as she watched him struggle to relearn how to dance. It made her surprise when he finally picked it up all the more rewarding, especially as Amani followed suit soon after.

They began dancing close, though Alicio couldn't say whether it was more because of the crowding bodies around them, or some kind of magnetism pulling him towards Amani. Moving together face-to-face, it was difficult for him to take his eyes off her for a second, his soft blush mildly obscured by the pink lights overhead.

"Good enough for a soiree?!"

Alicio laughed, interrupting his rhythm slightly. "They'd love it!," he returned. If the Organa's decided to bring these moves to a ballroom, he figured the average Alderaanian noble would faint into their hors d'oeurves.

After a few more minutes of dancing, the Count finally grew bold enough to rest his hands at Amani's hips, stepping in time with her tempo, introducing a hint of her sway into his dance with a cheeky grin. After a moment, he leaned in close to her face, but kept himself just out of reach of his wife's lips. Ever the tease.

"This is more like it," he managed.

Last edited:
Amani couldn't help but giggle as she watched Alicio's gaze. Like he was a kid caught staring at his schoolyard crush, rather than his literal wife. With intent, she teasingly moved closer, until he laid his hands on her hips. In response, she laid her hands on his chest, and defiantly wrinkled her nose at the tantalizingly slight distance he put between their lips.

"Is it," Amani mumbled, playfully nipping at his chin. The rest of the club could've ceased to exist then and there, for all she would've noticed. For all the time they'd spent together, for all the time they had together in the future, none of it ever got old around him. The jokes, the teasings, the love. Amani flipped her hair back, and ran her hands up his shirt and onto his shoulders, "...Come here often, stranger?" She batted her eyelashes.

"...Come here often, stranger?"

Alicio snorted, accepting the weight of Amani's hands on his shoulders, and pretending to think about the question. The rest of the club began to fade to the back of his mind, as harsh metallic tastes were smothered by raspberries. He decided to play the part. "Mmm... no. I just got to town."

The Count leaned in a bit closer, towing the line, nearly forgetting to dance at all. "Though... if you're a regular, I just might have to be one, too." He connected his hands behind her back, his upbeat movements relaxing to an airy sway.

Amani stifled a soft laugh as Alicio decided to play along. She waited a moment and recomposed herself, though there was a dumb smile spread across her lips the whole time, "Oh~? I'm flattered," She hummed flirtatiously.

The dancing slowed out of time with the music as they became focused wholly on one another. Amani danced her fingers along his shoulder, "Well I know my way around. Could show you around, if you want? There's a nice little firework display starting soon," She leaned in by his ear, "And then maybe we could… head back to my place for the night? It's not far from town."

Alicio gazed at Amani, failing to make his face anything other than the lovestruck fool he was, even as he tried to inject some kind of unfamiliarity to his words. "Rather forward of you, mysterious stranger. I don't even know your name." With an amused smile, he whispered in her ear in turn.

"Maybe if you play your cards right, we can... make some fireworks of our own, tonight."

Alicio let his eyes sweep around to the rest of the club, then turned his face back to Amani, his nose just barely brushing hers. "Wanna get out of here?"

Amani smirked, "That's part of the fun, don't you think?" Then it was Alicio's turn to lean in for a whisper, making her now blush, "Oh my, now who's being forward?" She purred, "I guess I need to be on the top of my game then."

"Wanna get out of here?"

"Let's," Amani took his hand, and navigated their way through the flock of dancers back to the exit. Outside, the sky was dimming, and the promenade was quiet, save for the gentle sound of waves hitting the coastline. It wouldn't be long before the fireworks display started. She let the pleasant silence linger for a moment, before breaking character, "I know you were supposed to be the new guy in town, but where do you think we might get a good view on these fireworks?" She laughed.

Alicio felt a sense of victory wash over him as he made Amani blush just as hard as he had. He scanned over the darkening of her cheeks, playing his part as best he could.

Though, he was happy to finally take Amani's hand, following her as she led them out of the crowded nightclub, and back out into a darkening Nabooian evening. Alicio took a few long paces to be side-by-side with her, interlocking their fingers and appreciating the song of the night.

"I know you were supposed to be the new guy in town, but where do you think we might get a good view on these fireworks?"

Alicio chuckled along with Amani, squeezing the hand they shared. He broke character just as easily. "The fireworks are supposed to happen over the water. I think we'll get a good view anywhere along the coast."

Already, small gatherings of people were collecting at the water's edges and on adjacent grassy hills, laying out towels and blankets, and claiming outside café tables, facing their chairs towards the sea beyond. There was lown sort of silence, as if the whole town were holding it's breath.

"Perfect," That made it easy, at least. Amani scanned the area until she found an unclaimed spot. Her pace abruptly quickened as she tugged Alicio along, clambering up a small knoll off the coastline, "Here, then," She plopped down in the grass decisively, and patted the space beside her for him to take. There was an anticipatory silence as everyone awaited the display. Then, off in the distance, a faint thunk, when the first firework was launched. A whistling trail of sparks propelled into the night sky, before exploding in a shower of red and pink light, reflecting the same colors across the water surface. Some onlookers ooh'd and ahh'd, or offered a few quiet claps. Then, the rest of the display began in earnest.

Amani leaned against Alicio, and sighed contentedly. After a long gap of silent appreciation, she abruptly spoke, "…Would you want a boy or a girl more?" She waited another moment, then clarified, "For a kid. Would you want a boy or a girl more?"

With an easy, self-assured grace, Alicio placed himself aside Amani, looping an arm around her shoulders, waiting in quiet, subdued anticipation. The silence between them was comfortable, warm, sweet, in it's own way, as they looked over the darkening shore.

Which was finally lit up in brilliant pink and scarlet. A taste of the dazzling lightshow yet to come.

"…Would you want a boy or a girl more?"

Alicio thought a moment, staring into the starburst of color as he digested the question. Finally, he spoke, scooting a little closer to Amani in turn. "Well... I don't think I have a preference." He smiled softly. "I was taught to... want a son. Someone to continue the name. But... I don't know, I've really enjoyed watching over Vera." The Count shrugged. "I don't think it matters much. I'll love them, either way."

"We've talked about starting a family, before. Do you... think you're ready?"
Alicio rested his cheek on Amani's shoulder.

Amani smiled softly as Alicio spoke, "Me, too." She nodded, "I think, ideally, I'd have a chance to raise a boy and a girl." She liked the idea of being able to get both experiences, "But I'll be happy no matter what."

"We've talked about starting a family, before. Do you... think you're ready?"

Amani didn't answer immediately, simply watching the rainbow of fireworks cascading over the night sky. She sighed, "It's only a matter of time before we make a push for Exegol. When we do, this war is going to end. We'll be free to worry about… other things," There would always been dangers in the galaxy, that much was true. But with a years-long enemy finally being defeated, perhaps the Alliance would find itself in an era of peace and recovery.

Temporary, imperfect peace. But peace all the same. What better time to start a family?

"…So yeah. I think so," She looked directly at Alicio now, "…What about you?"

Alicio's mood darkened considerably when Amani mentioned Exegol.

The war was probably the thing he wanted to talk about least on their honeymoon. It was a harsh reality check, pulling them out of their little fantasy, and back into an unjust, unfair galaxy. But it was reality. They couldn't ignore it, as much as he wished they could.

Besides, the war was likely about to end, and then the two of them would have all the time in the world. That was worth celebrating.

Amani's answer brought out a contented smile from the Count, as did her turn towards him. This required far less time to ponder. "I'm still... nervous." He let his arm unspool from Amani's shoulders, tracing down one of her arms to rest on her hand. "Very nervous. But... also, beyond excited. So... yes. I am ready."

His grin turned puckish. "Is that too much? We did just meet today, after all." Then, an unfiltered smile returned.

"Whatever our next steps are, I know for a fact I'll cherish every moment of them with you."

Amani rested her forehead against Alicio's and stared deeply into his stormy gray eyes. She could see the nervousness within— But with it, oppositely, there was conviction. Optimism. Excitement. And if he looked back into her eyes he would find the same thing. The next step was theirs to take.

"Is that too much? We did just meet today, after all."

Amani immediately broke into a dumb giggle, then sighed, "It's a bit fast, but, it feels right… Only one way to find out," Her eyes shimmered now with emotion, the colors of fireworks reflecting off them, until they weren't. People around them applauded, the sky darkened, and the display ended. She looked up herself as if to confirm before returning her sights to Alicio, "…Take me home," She said in a soft, husky whisper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom