Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Abloom

"Dancing sounds great."

Alicio smiled at that, understanding just how far she'd turned around on the subject since they had gotten together. He deeply appreciated that she'd made such an effort to enjoy something he loved, and perhaps started loving it herself.

After only a few minutes, Alicio and Amani found themselves walking through a picturesque port town. To their left shops and boutiques and open-aired restaurants, roofs painted blue to match the unmarred sky. To their right, a bank that led to a shallow sea, where residents stood calf-deep, casting their lines into the water.

"Wanna look up some suggestions or just stroll around until we find a place that looks good?"

Alicio was about to respond, something along the lines of 'going with the flow', before he heard Amani's grumbling tummy. He smirked at her, letting the mirialan's head rest on his shoulder, before he responded. "Sounds like it's an emergency," he said, looking around their immediate area. "There. That looks nice."

An open-air cantina and grill, with blue marbling lacing the walls, and seafood roasting over hot coals. Alicio guided them that direction.

"Do you like seafood?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"Sure!" Amani chirped. Being a planet-wide city, Coruscant wasn't really the premier place to go if you were looking for high quality seafood, so a meal fresh from the source sounded particularly appetizing.

Together they strode toward the cantina, where the smell of grilling foods and spices was already wafting their way through the open-air setup; It mixed naturally with the salty sea air, and only made Amani hungrier.

There were a few patrons inside, but at this time of day the occupancy was sparse. In the middle was a long round bar, and a masonry grill tended to by a cook. An old transceiver played grainy calypso music, barely audible over the sizzle of food.

Wanting to have the full experience, Amani took a seat at the bar, their backs against the open entryway and warmed by the sun. Without looking back, the cook seemed to noticed their arrival, and asked for their drink orders, to which Amani requested a fruit cocktail, "I do think you've outdone yourself, dear," She smirked, raising her glass to his own as soon as they were dropped off, "I could get used to a place like this," Not just the cabin, but the town itself had already painted a quaint impression in her mind.

Last edited:

Led by both the lovely sight, and delicious smells, Alicio and Amani traveled into the seaside bar and grill, ordering a few drinks. While Amani went the alcoholic route, Alicio simply asked for a sweet tea.

Alicio sat down on the barstool, taking a moment to scan the area. The bar had a few other occupants, mostly tanned local fishermen, gungans with plates of fish in front of them, and tourists like the newlyweds.

"I do think you've outdone yourself, dear. I could get used to a place like this."

"Why, thank you. I try," he returned, executing an overly-grand seated bow. Then, he turned towards the old speaker, finding a sharper smile. "You know, when we live on Naboo, we could come here after our shifts. You, still bloody from the ICU... Me, still bloody from scratching my eyes out over a board meeting..." Alicio smirked.

"Though, the music tastes... odd."

Alicio chuckled a little, a sudden realization lining his face. "I've never told you about that, have I?"

Amani smiled, but cocked her head, "You wouldn't rather live on Alderaan?" Sure, they'd just painted a beautiful picture of a life on Naboo, but Alicio never hid his love for his homeworld.

But perhaps the more… peculiar of his comments, was what came after.

"Though, the music tastes... odd."

Amani took a sip of her drink, and raised an eyebrow suspiciously, "Abouuuut what, exactly?" She chuckled at the thought of music having a 'taste'.

Alicio had obviously been joking, what with him talking about showing up bloody to a laid-back bar and grill, so Amani's genuine question caught him a bit off-guard. He thought about it a moment, before responding. "I'm not sure. I love Alderaan. The cool air, the thrantas, Sanctuary..." He sighed lovingly, thinking of his home. "But there, I'm Senator Organa. Count Alicio. Not... just Alicio." The barkeep put their drinks on the bar. Alicio lifted his tea, giving him time to think.

"I... kind of like being just Alicio, here." He shrugged. "Honestly... if we were ever truly free of expectations, I wouldn't mind going somewhere nobody knew my name." Not that either of them were eager to give up their responsibilities for that future. They were both the type to weigh themselves down with as much as they could carry.

The second question was a bit easier to answer.

"Have you ever heard of synesthesia?" Alicio leaned on the bar, facing Amani. "Seeing sound? Hearing color? Your brain takes one sensory stimulus, and accidentally triggers another. So... my kind makes me taste music. And loud noises." The Count gestured towards the transceiver. "It makes dining... a little difficult at times. But I manage."

He smirked good-naturedly, before rounding back on their previous conversation. "Would you ever... actually want that? To have no responsibilities?"

Amani nodded in understanding. She'd gotten a taste of the public eye in recent years, but that didn't used to be the case. The thought of having all that expectation thrust upon oneself effectively from birth sounded exhausting, to say the least, "Well— Maybe one day, then," She repeated the sentiment from before. A romantic, but unlikely dream.

As soon as Alicio made mention of synesthesia, Amani lit up in recognition. She'd indeed heard of the condition, which made it all the more surprising she was hearing of his for the first time. She playfully shoved his shoulder, "You mean we've been dating, living together, married, this whole time— and this is only just now being brought up?!" In retrospect it shed some light on the subtleties that laid within some of his reactions. Little things that hardly registered at the time, but now seemed to speak volumes. How he responded to music and certain sounds; He was experiencing it in more ways than one.

The bartender soon came back around for food orders, and Amani weighed her options before settling on a simple grilled fish steak. It did seem to be this place's specialty, after all. She took a sip of her drink, when Alicio asked his next question. Amani blinked, and mulled over it for a moment, "…I don't know. It's a nice thought, but— I just can't see it," She shrugged, "We're the same, like that. There's always just… more to be done. And if we ignored it, it would just eat away at us."

"You're basically asking me if I'd like to live in a perfect galaxy. Sure, but I don't know if that's… real. And if it ever could be, I'm not sure I'd recognize it."

"You mean we've been dating, living together, married, this whole time— and this is only just now being brought up?!"

Whoops.

Alicio gracefully accepted the shoulder check from Amani, shrugging his own shoulders in return. "Must have slipped my mind." In truth, it was one of those things that was so normal to Alicio, he forgot to mention it. He took a sip of his tea to wash out the zing of the tinny music.. "So... if I ever made a weird face to you when some technobeat was playing in the background... ah, that would be why."

As their food orders were taken, Alicio opted for a cocktail of his own, though his was of the shrimp variety. Amani's following answer to his question wasn't all that surprising, given how well the pair knew each other.

With a few newly-discovered sound/taste-sized gaps in their knowledge.

"Agreed. I think... even if the galaxy were perfectly peaceful, and every problem ever created had been solved... I like having something to do. Making a difference." He wouldn't know what to do with himself if there was no difference to be made. It was something that he loved about Amani, too. That she made an effort to make a difference.

As much as this false life was tempting for both of them, neither Organa would ever truly enjoy it. And... he was okay with that.

Alicio switched the topic of conversation, raising his drink to his lips again. "Have you ever been fishing before?"

"Uh huh," Amani scoffed. Not that she didn't believe him in the end. It was something he'd likely had most if not all of his life. For him, it was normal, "Well, that certainly sheds light on some things." She seemed to dwell on some internal train of thought regarding the subject, until Alicio switched the subject. Their answers were, unsurprisingly, similar. That endless drive to do something meaningful was what happened to bring them together, after all. A late night on Tython, both of them working overtime to help…

"We just need to find a balance," Which, all things considered, she felt they had done pretty well so far. Both had jobs which could take them to long hours, but they made time for each other. It was good thing their work was on the same planet, and they could live together. Otherwise the two of them would likely see each other a lot less. The thought of it made her pout.

"Have you ever been fishing before?"

"I helped my pa with it a few times but, that was years and years ago. I was just a little girl," And she certainly wasn't doing it on her own. It might as well be a new experience, "I'd be willing to try again," She hummed, having a sense that's where it was going anyway. Amani raised the drink for another sip, and smirked. Something seemed to cross her mind, the same something as before.

"So, what do I taste like?"

"I-I mean like, like does my voice have a… a synesthetic reaction?" She laughed, and smiled innocently.

"I don't think we've done too horribly at that so far," the Alderaanian ventured, putting to words what Amani was thinking. They'd managed to find the time for their honeymoon, despite both having extremely busy, dynamic jobs. He laid a hand on hers, before moving on to the next topic.

Amani had gone fishing before. Alicio shrugged. "I've never done it, but I think I'd like to. It sounds... peaceful." From what he gathered, it required quiet concentration, a steady patience that he thought he might enjoy.

"So, what do I taste like?"

If Alicio had been drinking his tea, he would have spat it out in surprise. Instead, he nearly choked on air, covering up his laughing fit by clearing his throat. "Phrasing, Love," he murmured, raising an accusatory eyebrow.

"Now, usually, I can't taste voices, unless someone's yelling in my ear." He smirked. "Buuuut... if you're curious, you taste like raspberries." Alicio smirked. "Until you get loud. Then it's a bit more steak-y."

The Count performed his best teasing smile, before sipping his drink, and thanking the barkeep as their food was put before them.

“I think this’d be a great place for it,” Amani nodded. As with just about every outdoor activity, Naboo was a perfectly scenic backdrop, “We could rent a little boat. Or just stick to the coastline.”

"Phrasing, Love,"

Amani fluttered her eyelashes coyly, playing off her misspeaking, “Whatever do you mean?” Alicio’s explanation brought about sincere curiosity, her eyes looking up at an invisible something as if she were trying to visualize the experience herself.

Amani giggled, “Raspberries, huh? And steak,” She tilted her head, “That works for me.” She leaned in playfully, hardly noticing the bartender as he came and went, “And you do like raspberries and steak, yes?”

Last edited:

"That sounds great." Alicio winked. "Though I think I've already gotten the best catch I ever will."

“Whatever do you mean?”

Alicio picked up one of his shrimps, and pointed it pointedly at Amani. "Bad influence." He grinned, plopping the tail in his mouth.

Amani seemed to like the idea of the taste of her voice. Alicio favored her with a genuine smile. "Yes. Yes I do." Though even if they were the worst tastes in the world, he would've been happy to ignore them for her. Her voice would still be music to his ears.

"It's how I sense the Force, too. It's all tastes, stinging my tongue. Trying to parse the flavors of the music." It was an odd way of feeling the Force, he knew, but part of the beauty of the galaxy was that each being's connection was different. Personal. Special.

He turned his head curiously to Amani. "If you don't mind me asking... how do you feel the Force? How do you... interact with it?"

Amani huffed, but couldn't help a grin, "Cute."

She only broke the thin veil of innocence when Alicio reiterated her supposed bad influence. "Heyyy," Amani scoffed in faux-insult, "I didn't ever act like that till you came around," The debate was a back and forth they've had and would likely continue to have throughout their marriage. But it was true, in the sense that Alicio had opened up a side of her she had long closed herself off to. Love, family, something beyond her role as a Jedi. Hence why her smile turned genuine as well, "Good," Amani squeezed his hand until the moment passed.

She inevitably turned to her food, pulling the plate closer to begin cutting into the fish with her utensils. Tasting the Force was decidedly unlike any interpretation she had heard, at least in its exclusivity. But each person's connection had their nuances. Despite that understanding, Amani seemed perplexed when Alicio turned the question on her. She stared blankly and pursed her lips, "I'm not sure anyone's ever really asked me that before…" How did she feel the Force? It was never something she had to put to words. It was just part of her.

"Well… I guess for me the Force is like a… a big tapestry. Every little thing is a detail, connected by strands, woven into the tapestry. The strands can be manipulated, rewoven…" Amani reached out as if to pluck one, but shrugged, as if uncertain or unsatisfied with her answer, "So I guess for me it's… everything? It all flows together like one seamless concept," Rather than an independent sixth sense, it enveloped all other senses, amplifying them and unifying them under one umbrella. "I dunno," She sighed, and poked at her food with a fork.

"Oh, so your vulgarity is my fault, somehow?" Alicio leaned an elbow on the table, grinning coyly. It was one of his favorite games with Amani. Finding silly little things to bicker about, like an old married couple. He didn't know why teasing was one of his love languages, none in his family were particularly goofy, but... it made him feel closer to Amani, in a way he couldn't describe.

As did their moments of sincerity, which Alicio relished just as much.

The Count swirled a shrimp in a cup of sauce, considering Amani's answer to his question on the Force. Like a piece of art. A weave, each string intertwining with a thousand others, to create something whole.

"No, it makes sense," he offered, plopping another piece in his mouth. "The Jedi say everything is connected. That we're all... small parts in a grand masterpiece... it seems right." Alicio let his eyes trace Amani's, admiring the blue shades in her irises. "I wish the Force felt that connected to me. Whenever I use my abilities, I feel like I'm reaching for an entirely separate entity. To have everything feel... together... sounds nice."

Last edited:
"Vulgarity?" Amani clutched her metaphorical pearls, but smiled all the while. She too enjoyed these little games they played with each other. None of it ever seemed to get old around him. The teasing, the sincerity, it all made them grow closer.

"I wish the Force felt that connected to me. Whenever I use my abilities, I feel like I'm reaching for an entirely separate entity. To have everything feel... together... sounds nice."

"I wouldn't say it's simple, or anything. But I'm sure at least a bit… easier to translate, than what you've been dealing with," They'd talked about his struggles with the Force before. How Alicio wasn't quite able to bring himself to just trust this presence innately. She couldn't necessarily blame him. The Force worked in ways that were often inconsistent or indecipherable. As a Jedi, she had been trained from youth to rely on this connection. But the Count never had that level of training. Amani imagined it would be a frustrating mindset to break oneself into.

"Do you feel like it's gotten any better?" She asked.

"Vulgarity," he confirmed, smirking as he ate another shrimp.

Upon the Force becoming the main focus of their discussion, Alicio tossed his head back and forth, thinking long and hard about the question. "I... Yes. I think it has." He smiled, looking off to an unoccupied corner of the room. "I don't think I trust the Force much more than I did back then. But... I do trust myself more." A little bit of confidence went a long way.

"It isn't the same, I know... But it does help."

After a short time, Alicio finished with his shrimp cocktail, but not before offering Amani a bit of his food for her to try. Alicio put his card on the table to pay for their meal, before tossing a smile the Mirialan's way.

"Well, now that our stomachs are full, shall we go dancing?"

"It isn't the same, I know... But it does help."

"It does," Amani nodded sagely. She should know; A large part of her struggle in reconnecting to the Force came from a purely mental block. Emotion influenced one's abilities with the Force as much as skill and raw power did, "You know you can always come to me if you think I could help."

They finished up the rest of their meals, Amani taking a bite of Alicio's meal as it was offered, and giving some of her own in exchange. Once it had all been paid for, they stepped back out into the town plaza, which they never really left thanks to the restaurant's open-air design.

"Just don't spin me around too much to start," She puffed, rubbing her belly, "What kinda venues does a town like this even have?"

"I know," he said, caught admiring Amani's eyes once again. She would always be there for him, just as he would always be there for her. "I will."

After paying, the pair were back out into the street. Alicio glanced around, as if there would magically be a dance hall in their vicinity. Alas, there was not.

"Not... sure..." The Count pondered their predicament. "I doubt there will be any grand soirees, as much as I like a good soiree." He tilted his chin down to Amani, an adventurous grin on his face. "We could find a club."

"I've... never been clubbing, but I assume it's basically the same as a ballroom dance."
He bit back a chortle.

"I've... never been clubbing, but I assume it's basically the same as a ballroom dance."

Amani let out a snort, brushing her nose, “You assume, huh?” She pinched his cheek, and began to wander idly down the promenade in search of an eye-catching venue, “I’ve been clubbing on Zeltros before, and I can safely say it’s not quite the same as an Alderaan soiree. That said, I don’t imagine anywhere around here is going to be quite on Zeltros’s level, either.” Few could take partying to the same level as they did.

“It might also be worth noting that most clubs are late-night ventures,” Amani put her fists on her hips, stumped, “Do you even know how to dance outside of a fancy party?” She had seen how others danced before. But Amani, unsurprisingly, could not claim to be an expert herself.

"I doubt anywhere in the galaxy has a club scene to rival Zeltros," Alicio added, after suffering a pout at his cheek being pinched. "Who's to say they have anything here to meet party-animal Amani's high standards."

Looking around, the pair passed plenty of interesting things. Studios and stores and restaurants galore. No dance opportunities, though, as far as he could see. "I... you're right. Maybe now wouldn't be the best time to bust down."

“Do you even know how to dance outside of a fancy party?”

"Of course... not," the senator replied, smirking. "The first time I ever danced in a public setting outside of the ballroom was when we went to Pasaana. I wanted to try something new, but... I don't see anything yet."

If they didn't find something soon, the newlyweds may have to start searching for other ways to occupy their time until the fireworks.

"Tch. It wasn't my idea, to be fair," Amani said with a cheeky grin, "But no, I doubt they have anything quite like Zeltros." It was all a bit much for her anyway. Like a sensory overload. She wondered what taste all that music might have had to Alicio.

"Really?" Amani asked, "Well, not bad for your first outing then," She bumped him with her hip. Pasaana had been a fun little escape, not unlike this. Except they had a lot more time on their hands here, and it was just the two of them…

"No no. We'll find something,"
She assured with a quite matter-of-fact tone, as if a club would simply apparate in front of them because she requested it. Alicio wanted to dance, and so Amani was prepared to either scour the town until they found a club, or construct one herself. The mirialan neared the end of the promenade, then stopped, doubled back to a building they had just passed. There was no front door.

Or rather, there was, but it was at the bottom of a staircase dug into the earth. A bright sign pointed the way down and featured abstract images that were, presumably, of dancing people, "How about that?" Amani gestured down at the basement entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom