Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abandoned on Dorin

[member="Evan Kenner"]
The medical doctor rushed over to help brace him.

Thanking me? Damn right

"Yeah, whatever."

The sooner he could drop him off the better.

"Capt'n, Capt'n, Capt'n!" A twenty year old human girl rushed into the room.

"Shouldn't you be piloting the ship!?" He said irritably. Why was she wasting her time being such a bother, anyway?

"She's fine, Capt'n. Smooth sail'n on autopilot." She glanced to the Chiss before back to Klay. "We dropping 'im off?"

Well, that should be obvious. The 'mad' pirate was clearly not one for banter. "Yes," was his only answer. The ship's pilot pouted at the Captain. "Anyway, why are you bothering me!?" She seemed to have gotten him off course already. Whatever she had to say it better be worth leaving the ship to its own device. Klay didn't trust computers.

"Oh uh... We just jumped out of hyperspace, and uh--there's a ship.'

A ship?

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan groaned, murmuring a curse under his breath in Huttese as the medical doctor caught him. His eyes looked up as he heard the young lady mention another ship, feeling as though he had a bad feeling about this.

[member="Mad Klay Grubber"]

"Get back to the helm!"

If a ship was approaching, they'd best be cautious. Klay turned back to the boy briefly before leaving the room; the doctor sighed and helped him sit down before leaving himself.

The last one remaining was the pilot herself.

"Come up front if you wana see some real action." She offered before heading off with the others.

By this point the weapons were hot and their crew waited to see what would happen.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan sat down for a few moments, thinking. He felt a strange tingling in the very back of his mind. Really boring here... he thought. He closed his eyes and tried to usher in that feeling he got when he slept. That blissful feeling...I can't...

Instead, he slowly stood up, leaning on the table and wincing. No, dammit...have to do something...

25_134402_539372_00a810b74d731869d8e7700e226a7f35_d787fb_301.jpg
The Vagaari warships were... old to say the least, and this one was no exception. The ship itself had little to no parts that were members of the original piece from so many centuries ago as they wore down from age, but the shape of the hull stayed the same. It was obvious where the heavy corvette- boderline frigate- had pieces shoehorned on, of which included weapons and metal spikes sealed on with yorik coral. The Aruntosh was none the less considered a top-of-the-line ship amongst what remained of the Vagaari nomads. The purple-tainted engines continued to hum, ready to pounce on any sudden movements and its weapons primed and ready for any inkling of resistance. The bubbles of transparisteel held their prisoners well, the human slaves captured over their little escapades perhaps finally seeing a way out of their life of imprisonment

How Kuvantu got himself caught up with the captain, also the namesake of the ship, he did not know. But it payed what he needed. His feet clanked against the metal of the inside of the ship as he and the other handful of pilots rand down the corridor leading to the hangar bay where all 5 fighters were contained. The room was dusty and dank from extended years of never being cleaned, but it was bearable. All of the fighters were tightly packed in the small space that was given and only through practice were any of them able to master the quick maneuvers which they entered the hangar. Each Pilot climbed into their respective fighter and prepping for the skirmish that was most likely to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A two-toned voice came over the communications, as if spoken with two mouths
"Tresspasser vessel. You have transgressed upon space claimed by the Vagaari Nomads. In my power as Captain Aruntosh, I demand that you surrunder your vessel at once and all of its belongings to us. Or, choose from among you half of the crew to give as slaves and half of all wealth aboard de ship.. Your resistance is futile"

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan was just outside of the bridge by the time the comm came in. His eyes widened and he shook in his boots for a moment. He muttered some more curses in Huttese, though not as quietly.

He poked his head in, leaning on the wall, wishing he had a blaster on him. Nomads don't pray on other ships. That's what pirates do... he thought to himself.

[member="Kuvantu"]

Klay reached over to the intercom.

"Kark off." Was his only response to them.

Turning to his crew the Captain spoke, "Well. You heard 'em, let's get to work!" He began clapping his hands in motivation. The crew then rushed to their battle stations and the corvette fired its engines in an escape attempt.

Hopefully their ship was as slow as he had hoped, but they were already pretty close.

Their pilot took sharp maneuvers to disrupt any turbolaser fire.

[member="Evan Kenner"] [member=Kuvantu]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan nearly fell over as he rocked back and forth with the ship underfoot. He poked his head back into the bridge one last time, taking a look out the window and watching the stars zoom across the view as the pilot maneuvered around the turbolaser fire.

He casually began to make his way back to the medical bay, leaning on the wall as he did so.

If you can hear me...I am in danger...under attack...help us...

The Force guided Evan as he reached out for help. The call was quiet, again, but echoed through the Force. Somebody was bound to hear...

[member="Kuvantu"]

Aruntosh slammed his fist into the arm of his captain's chair before shouting in Vagaari.

Stop that ship! Fire everything! Launch everything! I will not come away from this with nothing! I want all shuttle crew to prepare for boarding! THAT SHIP WILL BE MINE!

Streaks of blue maser flew from the ship's cannons as gunners desperately aimed at the ship. A total of two guided weak concussion missiles flew from their launchers and towards the small corvette. The ship began to turn as hard as it could to keep its guns as accurate as they could manage on the speeding ship. The fighters soon followed, a total of five, the distinct shape of which Grubber might possibly remember

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The control stick rested in Kuvantu's right hand, the throttle in the other. The tight packing within the warship's hangar meant that without careful and accurate positioning and control he could easily clip the wing on the side of the launch port. After a few seconds of adjustment he knew it was just perfect. He forced the throttle of the fighter all the way forward, bracing himself for the increasing of Gs that was to come. His head was forced on to the head rest of the seat as he made the adjustments needed to get himself racing towards the escaping enemy vessel, which, for now, was directly in front of them. The other four ships followed suit behind Kuvantu.

In Vagaari
"This is Wolvkil leader to squadron. All fighters evasive maneuvers and standard attack pattern!"

The other four fighter pilots primed their torpedoes and dropped them while firing their blasters, hoping to punch a hole for their command ship.

[member="Evan Kenner"]

The Rusty Lizard shook violently as turbolasers glanced the ship's shields. Concussion missiles banked off of their direction before exploding.

"Capt'n! We ain't going to hold together."

"Just keep us going. Don't let that bloody ship catch up to us." He grabbed his pistols and left the cabin, heading towards the docking port.

"You think they're going to board, sir?"

Klay rolled his shoulders. "They might."

The captain looked back to the Chiss who was standing there, "Don't worry, kid. We'll get you to Bastion."

[member="Kuvantu"] [member="Evan Kenner"]

The force was strong with her, Nefertari could feel somebody calling through it for help.
Dropping out of hyperspace, the Jedi noticed a warship and five fighters going after the source of the force call.
"R3, get a quick readout of those fighters"
The pink trimmed astromech behind Nef whirred and beeped
"Huh. Then shall we take them on?"
More droid noises
Nef laughed "Alright, let's show them how we did things back home!"
The Swallow-tailed Dove's engines were thrown into high gear, and the modified N-1 was barreling toward the attack formation.
"R3, patch me through to the attack formation there"
Her trusty flight companion was succesful
"OI! I don't know what contention you have with that ship, but there are innocents aboard! Hold your fire! Repeat: Innocents aboard your target, hold your fire!"
If this formation was anything like the formations Nefertari was familiar with, the ship the fighters had been deployed from would get the message as well.
Come on...stop your guns... She thought

If they didn't, Nef would have no choice but to take out the formation

[member="Evan Kenner"], [member="Mad Klay Grubber"], [member="Kuvantu"]

The Vagaari fighters continued their barrage on the corvette without relent. It wouldn't be until after the next run that a voice would finally respond to the request in Basic

"Wovkil leader... to bystander vessel. Do not interfere with de goings-on of de Vagaari. Dis is rightfully claimed Vagaari space, no trespasser is innocent. It is within our power to... impound dis ship and enslave de crew under Vagaari law. I suggest you make leavings before we turn our attentions towards you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Last of the boarding party loaded on to the antiquated shuttle. Their armor consisted of little more than steel plating on various body parts, occasionally a few helmets, simple steel and otherwise, a few with aiming monocles, and others with simple goggles over their eyes. Their personal arms consisted of antiquated charrics- whose wooden stocks and been replaced with carbon steel and various plastics- and old E-11 Blaster Rifles with some grenades carried by a few. They were ready to launch whenever the captain gave the signal.

[member="Nefertari Sovint"] | [member="Evan Kenner"] | [member="Mad Klay Grubber"]

Although the Rusty Lizard was surprisingly fast, it still couldn't avoid every bit of flak.

Damn lasers.

The captain turned to the Chiss who requested a weapon. "Maybe next time. I use two." He snickered, with his dual pistols in hand. Some of the crew moved tables to form a barricade by the airlock. The shields were draining quickly, even as advanced as they were.

Their pilot could only keep the starship going and worse, she didn't have any clue if the new appearance was friend or foe.

[member="Evan Kenner"] | [member="Kuvantu"] | [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
"Peedunky..." Evan cursed quietly in huttese at the captain as he walked away. I'll just have to find one myself, then, he thought.

All the while, Evan had no idea the help he had requested through the Force had been answered. He quickly limped with one hand on the wall down the corridors of the Rusty Lizard, searching for anything he could use to defend himself with. Keepuna, what do I do?! I'm going to get shot and die if this keeps up! he panicked as he searched frantically for something. Has to be something laying around on this piece of chizk...

[member="Mad Klay Grubber"] | [member="Kuvantu"] | [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Nefertari cut off the transmission
"Enslave them under Vagaari law? That is not soon to happen"
The Jedi smirked as she reached out with the force, intending to do some damage to the maser canons on the warship.
One of them was bent back to the point where it was aimed at the ship.
Try to fire that now...I dare you Nef thought
Droid laughter
The formation was coming into range. When the starboard side of the attack formation came into view, the starfighter bolted toward the formation, catching it off guard.
baby blue fire came from the N-1's laser cannons, skipping across the formation and destroying one of the fighters with a satisfying explosion.
One down. Nef got out of dodge quickly, and got ready to strike again.

[member="Mad Klay Grubber"], [member="Kuvantu"], [member="Evan Kenner"]

The sound reverberated throughout the entire ship. A groaning like no other, as if the warship itself was about to tear in half around the cosmic forces of this magic. The Barrel of one of the many along the hull of it had turned itself to face the ship. The gunner slowly got up from his console and began to back up slowly while taking the goggles off of his violet eyes. There was only one word that he could mutter
J..Jediii!
The Vagaari's bare feet slapped against the metal floor of the decks, his warning spreading to every corner before everyone had heard it, by his yells or a friend spreading it by word of mouth, it mattered not. There was no word more common for that short span of time that seemed to last like a horrid eternity. The Jedi had returned to finish the job that the Skywalker started for their Chiss enemies.

The captain was relatively quick to respond with a broadcast sent over many different frequencies, a voice much more refined and practice than Kuvantu's.

"Jedi... Why are you here? Have you come to finish the job that the Skywalker and your Chiss masters could not finish all those centuries ago?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship exploded into a silent flurry of sparks of heated metal, a short-lived burst of flame as the percussive force ruptured the oxygen tank spiraled forth before coming to equilibrium with the space around. There is no air in space. Kuvantu worked quickly, the broadcast from the captain meant that there was little time to lose. He signaled the boarding shuttle and what remained of his squadron in Vagaari

"Wolvkil to squadron; attack patterns. Now, focus on the fighter. Boarding shuttle, launch now, don't let that ship get away!

Unlike the other vagaari ships which this particular captain used, the fighters used a tibanna gas mixture, causing the blaster bolts to come out a bright green as they began to fire against the N-1, all of the ships ready to evade as soon as the enemy returned fire, just as they were trained to fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shuttle pilot took one last puff of rankweed from his cigarra, the intoxicating blue smoke pouring slowly from his right lips. Slurred vagaari poured from his mouth. The boarding party had already learned that not sitting down and buckling in was very painful indeed. The pilot instantly pressed the accelerator as soon as the ship was hovering a fair distance off the ground. The shuttle was getting closer and closer to the corvette. The pilot flipped a few switches before finally putting his hand back on the control stick and pulled a trigger. A hail of blue maser created a bulls-eye where the boarding shuttle was to penetrate. The docking bay was about to have an unwelcome guest.

[member="Evan Kenner"] | [member="Mad Klay Grubber"] | [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

Nefertari recieved the frequency
"I received a distress call through the force, and you are attacking my rescue target. I gave you a warning, and you paid no heed. I extend the offer again, hold your fire and let me take my quarry."
A bolt grazed the chromium, Nef smirked
"I'm not that easy, punks"
The Jedi had more than a few tricks up her sleeve, she pulled a simple stunt maneuver which dropped her altitude and got her on the formation's six before firing a sweep of lasers, picking off another fighter and damaging the others in varying severity.

two down, three remained
Nefertari fired two proton torpedoes at the boarding shuttle's engines. Sure, an ion cannon would be better; but this would have to do.
She fired another sweep and a torpedo at the formation before rushing toward the docking bay of the vessel under attack.

The lady attempted to call out silently through the force. I am coming for you, there is no need to fear me

[member="Evan Kenner"] | [member="Mad Klay Grubber"] | [member="Kuvantu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom