Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Worthy Gift

Log 14.16.10988
Xitli Sacul
Captain - Expedition Leader

The Chico continues her search for the anomaly. At 15:36 our long range sensors detected a power surge. Although it does match the patterns identified three years ago, I have decided to temporarily suspend our search in order to investigate.

Could be an opportunity to further our primary objective.

When the Chico left Hyperspace, her crew was caught off guard. Almost immediately the forward shields were raised projecting a hexagonal barrier around their hull and manoeuvring jets fired into space.

Soon however, they realised there was nothing to fear. The unidentified Star Destroyer was adrift, and seemingly without power.

Xitli watched as they initiated a basic search pattern. "Everything is intact, no sign of external damage." Reported the tactical officer.

"Life signs?" He asked, "Unknown. The energy signature appears to be interfering with our sensors."

"No response to our hails. It's dead in the water. However, I have identified a repeating signal, it could be a distress beacon?"

Xitli nodded, "Perhaps they could use our assistance. Have Telene and a engineering crew meet me at the dock. Ensign have you identified any access ports?"

"A couple, but with power offline you might need to manually open airlocks."

"That's fine. Keep the channel open, in case I need your support. If we're lucky, we might have a prize worthy of the Guild." Xitli nodded and headed down.

The bulkheads were hardened, but nothing Telene couldn't handle. She brought with her a Couatl droid and portable power supply, it wasn't much but enough to power any doors they encountered and the Couatl did the rest.

Soon enough Xitli, Telene, and two other Satorians were aboard. To their surprise no one had come to greet them, in fact it was quiet.

"Something isn't quite right about this, no one just ups and abandons a warship." Telene said steadying her blaster down the nearest hallway, as if she was expecting an ambush at any moment.

Xitli raised his wrist, "Chico please confirm you are receiving us."

"Some interference, but the Couatl is boosting our signal. Keep it close."

"Confirmed. Can you direct us to the beacon, or the energy signature?"

Catalina Io Catalina Io

Wearing: General Purpose Shroud (Green Armorweave Catsuit)

Green Armorweave Jacket

Armed With: Citizen Energy Sword, Type 2

Nightsister Energy Bow Pistol

Automatic Civil Defense Laser Disruptor (Scoped)

Laser Knife

Catalina had been aboard the House Star Destroyer to unwind after a round of deliveries to worlds across the outer rim aboard a Gozanti Cruiser. It had been a profitable run, and she had secured payment in the form of bullion and gemstones for her runs of weapons.

Her Quarters had been sparse. Frugal in adornments. The interior of her quarters, much like the rest of the ships interior, had a noticeable techno-gothic aesthetic. She sat cross legged on her bed, eyes closed as she enjoyed her solitude. She was of the Green Stripes, a Warrior Guild in House Io. Infamous for their stoic composure.

The slender Organic Droid, designed to look like an athletic young woman, had grown greatly worried for her faction in recent months.

Her Mother's declining health, coupled with her erratic behavior, and how despised they were, had given Catalina serious conflicts in her programming. Conflicts she could only barely deal with by focusing on her primary task as a courier/smuggler.

But deep down, she was having serious doubts. She wanted one of her pets, but they were on a completely different vessel.

She had been rather content in her solitude when power had cut across the ship. Then had come the unearthly howls from across the vessel. The screaming had started. Violent and horrific. Catalina had hid, uncertain what was going on, what she was dealing with. Then the screaming had stopped. Most Nuetralizers feel a very muted sense of fear but whatever had happened was so bad even Catalina's nerves were shot over it. Only after an hour had she pulled out her weapons and armed herself, prying open the door.

She saw bodies. Both Organic Crew and her mechanical Droid brethren. Dead Nuetralizers...or rather, inactive. Something had drained the power. There was no sign of injuries.

Catalina floated through the powerless ship due to gravity being cut. Her ammo was limited.

She heard a voice talking and floated towards the source. A strange bird like Organic from a species she had never seen before.

Catalina pointed her weapon at her.

"Who are you?" she called out to Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

The low gravity didn't trouble Xitli much, for him, it was no different than swimming through water. It allowed him to hover if he so desired. His retinue were much less adapted and magboots secured them to the plating.

"Restoring power should be our first priority. Atmosphere is solid enough, discounting how stale it is." Telene rationalised still waving the blaster around like a rookie. The power cell and adaptors carried on her back. The other two, members of his security team showed greater discipline blaster holstered but ready just in case kept in step with the drone guiding them.

Then the Couatl stopped it's micro thrusters reduced to violet glow. Perhaps it had detected something, but before anyone could ask a commanding voice shattered the silence.

"Who are you?"

Telene already on edge turned to face the creature, firing a shot prematurely as she did so. Naturally, the dark violet bolt missed slamming into the nearby wall leaving the internal plate bubbling.

Xitli hissed at her extending his feathered mane, "Xolopitli! (Stupid person)" He knocked the weapon to the floor with a clawed hand. The others drew their weapons, taking positions at either side of him.

"Forgive uss." Xitli hissed beginning to calm down, "We have not expected to find anything alive. I am Xitli. What are you?"

Xitli himself was clumsily holding onto Telene's blaster. Keeping it out of reach.

Meanwhile, the mechanical serpent droid continued to hover, facing the dark hallway doing nothing.

"My name is Catalina..." Catalina answered the strange creature. She maintained her aim as the other panicked, not dodging because the positioning of the barrel was wrong. "I'm a member of the crew. I don't know what happened aboard here. I was in my quarters when everything went pear shaped."

The Organic Droid observed the positioning of the others. She decided to take a risk and lowered her weapon.

"I don't know if anyone else is alive. But whatever disabled the ship has taken out the crew as well, and is presumably still aboard. I know this ship better than you do. If the threat is still aboard this vessel, it would be better if we were not trying to kill each other...but I can't leave this place until I know. You want this ship? Fine. We can part with it. Just help me find out if there is anyone else alive."

Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

Xitli was taken back, the idea of acquiring the ship for a task so simple. If he wasn't Avali, he might have felt bad taking advantage of her situation. Of course, he knew nothing about her origins.

"Catalina. The Citalee accepts your offer." He purred the plumes trembling in excitement. "We should be clear, The Chico sensor sweep was inconclusive, but here you are. Perhaps others too."

His guards lowered their weapons, the electric hum from their energy cells dying down.

Xitli took a moment arching his neck to look back at the Couatl. It hadn't moved and he raised his wrist again to communicate back to their ship, "Tikpiah se nik. Xikinmatlana chololistli. Chia uikpa uehka ompa yolokayotl. (Discovered a survivor, we will be assisting them. Standby for further instruction.)"

"Where does search start? We thought to restore power." He said, throwing Telene her weapon. She caught it and scoffed at the survivor murmuring something beneath her breath.

"Very well then. Power seems as good as any a place to start." Catalina replied stoically, ignoring the scowling of Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul 's companions.

Catalina lowered her weapon and bid them to follow.

Along the passages, she came across more of her inactive brothers, tall skeleton like war droids. Less human like in purportion than earlier models.

Catalina hid her sorrow and distress. She was tempted to try and find a way to reactivate him but her guests were jittery as is. Turning on such a lethal war droid so soon after introductions would only sour relations.

The whole passage was darkened and Catalina's eyes adjusted to the darkness, she spied corpses, all of whom looked severely burnt.

"What the feth is going on?!" Catalina hissed.

She stopped, hearing a sound up ahead. She floated forward, and found a member of the crew, in the dark blue uniform, in a fetal position. She floated foarward, and was horrified when she saw he had clawed his eyes out.

"If you see it. It can see you..." he whispered, breathing hard. "If you see it, it can see you...if you see it, it can see you..."

"What happened?" Catalina asked.

"Hangar bay...something brought aboard. Derelict shuttle..." he answered, voice full of fear, shivering. "If you see it, it can see you....if you see it, it can see you..."

Catalina looked up at Xitli, her expression one of bewilderment and horror mixed together.

Xitli watched carefully as Catalina interacted with the droids, "You people like machines, much like the Satorian." He said aloud following their new guide.

Telene for her part, being Satorian and Engineer appeared enamoured by the droids. Perhaps wondering if she could somehow reverse engineer their technologies.

~Keep moving~

"Perhaps later then." She nodded following behind. Perhaps, that was for the better after what they encountered next.

Tasting what little atmosphere remained he recoiled, scorched flesh, growing his quills out. Eventually, they found someone 'alive', if you could call them that.

Madness had driven them to the brink, and he dare not open his mind to them. They wasted their breath on a repeated warning, apparently they had brought something onboard. He was glad the Chico hadn't docked, Satorian's were tenacious when they needed to be but facing a enemy capable of tearing through an entire crew. Yeah. No.

Catalina stared at him, prompting Xitli to cock his head. It was about then that he tried, and failed to interact with her mind. Curious. Perhaps, her species were simply incompatible?

He turned to one of his retinue, a blue scaled and feathered Satorian. "Heal." He grunts motioning back to the mad man. They nodded and moved over to try and deliver first aid, not that it would do much more than ease their suffering.

"I do not like it." Said the other, while Telene covered the rear. "Your in danger Master, if we are to claim the ship let us return with greater numbers."

Xitli shook his head, pointing his beak at the bodies. They could bring a whole squadron, and it'd do them little good. They'd need a Custodian, or a experienced champion.

"Catalina. What Derelict?"

Catalina Io Catalina Io

"I know nothing of a Derelict. It must have been brought aboard after I was in my quarters." Catalina answered, watching as they tended to him.

"I know where such a ship would have been stored. That may well be the only way we get any answers."

Her digital mind registered some foreign, wireless intrusion attempt listed as 'Unknown'. She cocked her head mechanically at Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul .

"I'm afraid you will find attempts at standard telepathy quite difficult. I am artificially created..." Catalina explained, though she elaborated no further.

Just then there was a burst transmission over comms.

"Hello! Someone! Anyone! This is Ensign Grewald! I need immediate extraction from Engineering! I'm seeing multiple KIA's everywhere...if anyone can hear this, the doors to Engineering have to be manually opened due to power failure. Please get here!"

Catalina looked up at Xitli.

"It could be a trap. We have no way of knowing if that was actually the Ensign...or something using his voice to lure us in." Catalina said. "Regardless, if we want to restore power, we 'have' to open up engineering."

She hefted her rifle.

"We need to get him off the vessel." she said, gesturing to the blind crewman. "We'll be sitting ducks if we try and take him with us or treat him here."

Catalina's remark caused Xitli to cock his head in visible confusion. Before he could interrogate her nature further, he heard another transmission.

Telene meanwhile was now looking over, like a mad doctor wanting to dissect and study the mechanoid.

This time it was a ensign, in engineering. "Likely." He agreed on the point of a trap, "But it remains primary objective."

He felt Telene tug at his claw, prompting him to glance down. <Do you think she speaks honestly? Her technology will be of greater worth than the ship.>

He considered the Satorian's point, then replied, <I concede that to be true. However, our Hyperdrive is damaged, and I have already assured her safety.>

Telene frowned disappointed, but received a small pat as if she were some pet.

With the matter decided, he turned again to Catalina. "I cannot risk docking the ship, until the threat identity reveal or contained."

But he wasn't unreasonable and turned to the officer, "Three of you go back, take him with you. Fortify our exit."

They exchanged looks between each other, and looked at Catalina with suspicion. Not wanting to leave their masters safety to the hands of a stranger one hissed something, prompting Xitli to growl something in return.

"I will keep Couatl. Stay in contact." He added in an apparent compromise.

Now alone he could focus, proceeding at pace with the thing. He wasn't yet certain if their host was completely mechanical, or if biological elements existed.

Soon they would approach engineering, a large bulkhead barring their path. More bodies surrounding it, not surprising. Engineering sections were arguably more heavily defended than the bridge, there was no reason other species followed after Avali design.

To his right another pile of bodies surrounded a half torn panel. Perhaps this was the manual override the ensign had mentioned. Clutching it with his grasping claws, he pulled and hissed in frustration.

Some moron had welded it. "Melted panel." He snarled at Catalina, and glanced at the Couatl speaking a command. The droid chirped, and used it's jets to move into position and begin cutting away.

"The Ensign. Sound hurt?" He asked, realising this might take a few minutes. Common sense told him this was suspicious, locking themselves out of engineering. Plus the apparent bio-scan coming up empty, he couldn't deny the possibility it was another automaton like Catalina, but 'she' seemed... Unique.

Catalina Io Catalina Io

Catalina watched as the companions of Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul began to size her up like a ham sandwich as he talked them down.

She was taking huge risks. She knew it. But she had little choice.

He evidently calmed them down enough to follow her while they went back to a holding point.

They eventually reached an entryway to Engineering, Xitli's Droid already hard at work getting it open.

"He didn't sound hurt, that's what has me worried. Stay behind me. If whatever did all this is in there, maybe I can buy some time for you to get away."

The door got open and Catalina went in, checking corners. Nothing but bodies. In the distance the Golden Reactor of the ship lay, running lights turned off. The whole Engineering bay was darkened. Bodies floated everywhere.

Catalina floated forward a bit more.

"Grewald?" she called softly.

There was a power up whine of a blaster.

Catalina turned, and saw a Model 1 concealed under damaged plating, its self damaged. He was a veteran, colored scarfs adorning his right arm, his Skeleton like design covered in painted on green chevrons. He held a T-7 Ion Disruptor rifle in his hands.

"Hold your fire, Brother!" Catalina hissed at the skeletal Soldier Droid.

"Sister?" it called out, rising from it's position, though he didn't drop his guard.

"Who is he?" The Droid asked, it's reflective skull face turning towards Xitli.

"His crew found us adrift. Salvage rights and all..." Catalina answered. "Where's Grewald?"

"I came here looking for him too. It wasn't him..." The Droid answered. "I don't know what it was. It was big. Made of shadows. Eyes where there shouldn't be."

"How did you survive?"

"It's allergic to direct concentrated ion attacks. Found it out by accident. But it leached the electric energy out of others. It left but--"

A godless, unholy shriek broke his talking he wheeled around, spotting a giant lump of eyes and tentacles and teeth with too many mouths. It raced towards them.

"Fire! Fire!" Catalina yelled as they both opened up on it

Xitli nodded in agreement taking Catalina's rear, hearing the door bolts groan and finally break open. Catalina was beginning to grow on him, she was different but had some of the qualities he saw in Xihuitl. Cautiously following behind, he pulled the droid back to his position and glanced around at many dead bodies.

Suddenly, the sound of blaster charging filled the air and Xitli steadied himself allowing Catalina to take the lead. After all, they probably knew each other; it might have been the ensign. He felt unnerved by the skeletal droid and snapped his beak in warning, it might not have been flesh and bone but he could probably do some damage to it.

"I am Xitli." He replied, "Grewald. Ensign?"

Catalina and her skeleton friend didn't get a chance to respond, a deathly screech reverberating from all sides they suddenly opened fire launching plasma bolts into the shadows, tentacles flailing and dragging the gibbering mouths towards them. None of it made any sense, but right now that hardly mattered.

Armed with that knowledge, Xitli immediately retreated beginning to scavenge the bodies for anything that looked like an Ion Grenade or Mine, or something they might use. "Can you run?" He asked, wondering if Telene and his servants could prepare something. She was carrying a power cell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom