Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A visit to the Bastion (Open to KoR)

Virgilia
Kyrel had just traveled to the Bastion, Kyrel had not been back to Virgilia since meeting the Supreme Leader, and remembered it fondly. He had not been in the face of such a powerful being, and after that he devoted more to his studies, but one thing has always bothered him, he needed to search for an Apprentice. He had been a Knight of Ren in the following months since Kaeshana, there were few Knights, and a bunch of Disciples, The Knights of Ren were expanding at an impressive rate, and Kyrel needed to do his part in trying to train new Disciples. That is why he had arrived today to overlook the new disciples, and see there training in hopes to find one or maybe a select few to be apprentices.

His Theta class shuttle had descended through the atmosphere, already having to notify Bastion security of his arrival, he had looked forward to seeing what has become of the new batch of Force Sensitives. The shuttle folded it's bat like wings as the landing cycle was initiated, The ship touched down and the landing ramp was lowered. Kyrel walked slowly as one of the teachers came to approach him, his breathing the only sound being made as the teacher looked at him with an expression that seemed to be honored to have him here. He spoke respectfully as he walked with Kyrel inside. "Lord Kyrel this is unexpected but not unwelcome, what brings you back so soon." Kyrel didn't even look at him as he kept walking, on the inside he saw the Bastion's instructor's prepare for the day's lessons, and helping Disciples to the assembly room. He said as he started to walk towards the room to see the new Disciples. "I have come here to inspect the new Disciples, as I wish to find an apprentice, or perhaps several that is why I have asked for all Disciples to be brought to the assembly room." He said coldly.

The instructor looked at him as they made there way down to the main hall. He than spoke as he nodded in respect. "As you wish my lord, anything to increase the ranks of the order." They had finally made it to the room, Kyrel looked around marveling the architecture as it reminded him of the old Jedi and Sith, but also possessed a certain modernism to the design as well, Kyrel walked forward seeing The Disciples all gathered in one room and stood at the ready already informer of his arrival he stood there, his mechanical breathing filling the room as he thought to himself curiously. 'Let us see if these New Ren will be worthy of myself, I look forward to see what they are capable of.'

Kalla Vayn

K
It had not been long since Jyora had been inducted into the Order the Ren. Nearly three years ago, the young girl then had only been formally introduced to the workings of the First Order as she was recruited after the incident that saw the death of both of her parents. The culprit remains at large to this day and mentions of the incident only fell upon the whispers of those that really desired to speak about so.

With no longer any family ties, The Order of Ren within the First Order was her new home, and the girl had plenty to look forward to. There were a good number of disciples like her in the Bastion who had gone through the basic academy and now spent most of their time training away in the Order’s stronghold, hoping to one day net themselves a master that would hopefully bring them and their abilities to new height. Like her peers, Jyora knew that there was a limit to how much she could learn on her own, and how much the instructors and overseers themselves could teach. To fulfill her utmost potential, that could only be unlocked through the course of a training period with a Ren much higher up in the food chain.

Training along with her cohort that day, the flustered and panicky faces of the instructors and overseers did not go unnoticed, at least not to the observant girl. Listening around, Jyora eventually found out the reason for the disturbance. A Knight of Ren had arrived without notice, with the intention to inspect the disciples(them) to find himself an apprentice. Apparently, such cases like this were not uncommon, and all the disciples who had stayed long enough knew that for truth.

The Knight of Ren may have only just made his appearance known, but she had felt him in the strong power in the force, long before this. It was good to put a face to the feeling. The Overseer gave a shout and ordered them to stand in a row for inspection, and the gathered disciples did so without hesitation, feet scrambling and shuffling as they got into position. Jyora was ready. Maybe this might just be her time.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel stood in the hall inspecting the students alongside the oveerseer. He asked them as he walked back and forth. ​"Are these the top of there class Overseer?" The overseer looked at Kyrel with a look of eagerness and replied back to him calmly. "Yes Lord Kyrel." Kyrel studied them, seeing different faces but all were human and all were strong in the force. He looked at everyone, and looked for a certain type of ferocity. He wanted someone to mold to answer to his will, to show what the dark side was, and how it can be used to serve the Supreme Leader. The question was who in the midst of so many faces, he knew that there were so few Knights compared to the lot of Disciples, Kyrel may have to even take Several Disciples to train, but perhaps one will be his favorite he already had [member="Skylar Walker"] his servant, but he also required one to share his vision, to kill when necessary but was honed in the dark side.

He than saw a young girl in the middle of the group, he took a close look at her with his photoreceptors, and was surprised on how young she looked. Such things reminded him of the Teenage Knight of Ren Samka Derith who was both insane, cold, cunning, and calculating. He wondered if this girl would become something like Derith, maybe even worse when molded by the Mechanical Monstrosity. He looked to the Overseer and asked. "Who may I ask is that Overseer." The Overseer looked at Kyrel and answered "Her name is Jyora Veyla my Lord, she comes from Panthia to a very powerful family, Unfortunately her parents were murdered and the culprit largely remains at large, but she is one of the best despite her looks, I believe you'll like her."

Kyrel walked forward and stood in front of [member="Jyora Veyla"] He inspected her as if she was some sort of test subject, not saying anything his breathing the only thing being heard. He stood there for several minutes fixing her an icy stare, before asking her. "Do you fear me child?"

Kalla Vayn

K
Jyora watched as the black armoured figure that was the Knight of Ren made his stride in the room as he began his inspection. The heavy footfalls made by the armoured Ren gave an ominous tone to the entire room as the slightly metallic voice emerging from behind the mask of the knight as he questioned the Overseer, wanting to confirm if these were really the top of the class.

She’d never really considered herself the top of the class, she simply worked and the results of her performance simply made themselves known. The young girl was driven and motivated to perform in the pursuit for power, reasons not too uncommon in a place like this, among other other peers in the Bastion. This Knight of Ren seemed to look more mechanical and robotic than human in his armour, and Jyora wondered if perhaps he wasn’t even human to begin with.

She knew nothing about him other than his name, which she only knew about in the first place, due to it being said over and over again by the instructors and overseers. She could see a couple of disciples slightly fidgeting in the line as the black metallic knight made his way down the row, his mechanical breathing sounds the only accompaniment to his heavy steps. It was at this moment that Jyora thought she caught his gaze looking her way through the corner of her vision, and her suspicions were confirmed as he slowly made his way over to her.

Her identity was questioned, and the overseer replied in a subservient manner, giving the black knight a brief history of her past. He had called her family powerful, but she thought that was the wrong word to use. She wouldn’t say her parent’s were powerful, influential, most likely. Although she may be one of the youngest in the room, she was definitely not the weakest in the slightest. Jyora could felt his gaze inspecting her even through the mask of the black knight like she just a test subject, and that wasn’t exactly something new to her, thus her unperturbed look. After fixing her with a stare for several minutes, the silence was broken as he spoke, asking if she feared him. Her expression remained unchanged, which wasn’t unusual. "Should I fear you?"

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel was surprised by the expression of the young girl as he stood before her. He was overall impressed that she hadn't shown an ounce of fear so far, and looked forward to testing her. He than spoke to her coldly. "No but you will if you don't hate me." Kyrel than looked to the overseer who than spoke to the mechanical monstrosity. "She is certaintly our finest My lord. Is there anything else you require." Kyrel looked around for the moment as if he was in deep thought, and than he replied looking at the girl that stood before him. "No overseer, I believe I have found the perfect candidate. Looks like your new life begins today Jyora. From this point forward, you are my weapon, you are a loyal servant of the Supreme Leader following his will, and most importantly you are a Disciple of Ren, and now my new Apprentice."

He looked to the Overseer as he took a few steps back and said coolly. "Have her sent to my quarters at once. There is much to discuss." The Overseer merely nodded and replied. "Yes My Lord." Kyrel than walked in a purposeful stride out of the room, his mechanical breathing echoing across the room as he made his way out, and walked along the path that would lead to his quarters not paying heed to the eyes of the Disciples, and Teachers that were watching him.

[member="Jyora Veyla"]

Kalla Vayn

K
If the man clad in the black armour was surprised of her answer, Jyora could not tell. The mask that he wore concealed all forms of emotion, and the only way she could even begin to tell of how the knight was feeling was through his tone of voice and his actions. His reply perplexed and confused her though. She tilted her head slightly as she pondered the response. He mentioned that she would if she didn’t hate him. Why should she hate him? He hadn’t done anything to offend her yet, and he wore black.

She approved of that. Come to think of it, she approved of anyone wearing black. The girl just seemed to just love the colour so. Jyora did her best to maintain her nonchalant and cool composure as the overseer bragged once more, that she was one gathered here today. A smile then slowly crept onto her visage as the armoured knight mentioned that he had found the candidate he had been looking for.

Jyora did not smile easily and often, and it looked more like one that was a mixture of creepiness and awkward than one that clearly displayed happiness. Smiling was not something she usually did. Scowling was more her thing. Nevertheless, there was a glint in her eyes that hinted something of excitement and determination, as Lord Kyrel Ren mentioned that she was to be his apprentice this day.

A new life awaited her. One of servitude and training. She always looking forward to growing stronger. Jyora could feel the tension in the room drop as the Knight of Ren left, and the gaze of just about everyone in the room began to fall upon her.

Chatter began to began, some mentioned that she wasn’t worthy, jealous remarks, nothing much. Others, were happy for her, those she flashed the same creepy awkward smile once more. Maybe someone needs to teach her how to smile too, although she didn’t think Lord Kyrel was the smiling type, mask and all. The Overseer then gave her a click of his tongue, followed by a sigh of relief or exasperation, she couldn’t really tell which. Perhaps, it was a bit of both. She was ordered to gather her belongings and head to her new master’s quarters. There were new things to see to, and this was merely the beginning.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel stepped inside his old quarters, it was the same as he had left it still relatively the same as he had left it before. The room was small but due to his condition it was fitted with a small meditation chamber, where he could relax without the pain of his suit, and find some peace. There were also a shelf filled with books on techniques regarding the force, and the history of both the Jedi and the Sith. There was also a bed, and a refresher if he should feel the need to use it, he was also gifted with a window to watch over the jungles of the world, and would provide a place of meditation.

Kyrel had thought to himself as he stared out into the window. 'I have finally found an apprentice. I wonder how she will fair against Skylar, that will be most interesting to test out.' He thought to himself how would a 14 year old teenager fair against what he would have in store. No doubt some of his training would be what some would perceive as cruel torture leaving her in a dark hole for days with no food or water, proving that the dark side would give one all one needs. Perhaps send Sith Training droids upon her relentlessly all the while testing her physically and mentally all the while molding her into a cold and calculating instrument to his will and that of the Supreme Leader. Part of him did feel guilty but that was the part of him that was Thomas, the good man who died in the TIE fighter that exploded. He reminded himself that only Kyrel remained, and would not show the girl an ounce of mercy, which would be a weakness.

He kept his pondering, and often reminisced to himself on all the battles, and struggles that happened for him to reach this very point. From fighting the Gorax on Endor, to defending the Bastion from invaders, to collecting Kyber Crystals on Lothal, and fighting the Jedi and surviving at the Battle of Kaeshana. He looked forward to becoming more powerful and to fulfill the dark legacy of Darth Vader. He was than snapped out of his thoughts by the girl's presence as she approached the room. He stood there patiently not turning around as she would enter.

[member="Jyora Veyla"]

Kalla Vayn

K
As Jyora entered the room that served as the personal quarter of Lord Kyrel, Knight of Ren, the first thing she noticed was that it was small, but that made perfect sense. This was not in any way supposed to be a lavish and spacious accommodation after all, and if they gave every knight a big and spacious quarter to themselves, the Bastion would quickly run out of space sooner than later.

Her eyes then darted to the other side of the spartan room, noticing a small area that probably served as a small meditation chamber for armoured knight to be at possibly at calm and at ease without the heavy and clunky armour that he wore on a daily basis. There was also a shelves stocked with books, and that was not surprising in the very least. She thought that might have even recognised a book or two on Sith teachings that she had seen but not read before.

With the quick observation of the room done, the teenage disciple made her way towards the Knight who had his back turned to her. She announced her presence, though she knew that he was already aware of her presence anyway. “Master, Jyora Veyla reporting for duty as ordered.”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel just stood still where he was, as his new apprentice entered the room, he could tell she was looking at his small quarters with curiousity but that didn't matter to him as he was lost in his own mind at this very moment. He felt a mixture of pain and silent anger, his suit despite modifications, and repairs since the Battle of Kaeshana was still a source of constant pain, but the pain did have it's uses as it fueled his rage and gave him strength within the dark side to crush his enemies. He didn't mind it irritating as it was he had grown accustomed to it, and allowed it to be his main source to tap into the dark side despite the complications it caused him such as limiting his force powers, and not using certain Lightsaber forms in combat, nonetheless he was able to hide from the outside world.

He turned around to face her, his red vision illuminating her small form, he studied her for a moment his breathing the only sound being made which left an eerie silence within the room till he finally spoke. "Greetings Apprentice, from this point forward a new life begins one as an instrument of the Supreme Leader and a shadow to the rest of the First Order. Your training will occur next to another Disciple whom you shall meet soon, and despite you're age make no mistake I will not show you any mercy, I will show you the true nature of the Force, you will be a weapon to be wielded against the so called Jedi of the Galactic Alliance, you may even come with me into battle. I will train you in ways some would see as torture, but would make you stronger for it, from this point forward you're old life is over and a New one begins, I will teach you what I know, and you will learn, perhaps you may even construct a lightsaber as well. Now tell me what do you know of the Force child?" He said in a cold tone, his commanding baritone booming from the Vocabulater of his Life Support armor.

[member="Jyora Veyla"]

Kalla Vayn

K
The mechanical breathing of Lord Kyrel was all she heard as she waited for the man to speak. Jyora was unperturbed by the eerie silence that had seen fit to fill the room, and speak he did soon enough. With the greetings out of the way, the knight of ren then went on to mention about the beginning of her new life, where she would undergo training alongside another disciple of his. She had no idea who that would be, or how old he or she was, but these details were trivial matters, nothing more.

Plenty of people had underestimated her due to her age, and they had soon enough learnt of their mistake. Jyora was not one to break under pressure, instead performing better under such stress only serves to motivate her to strive for better. Her new master had mentioned about not giving her any special treatment due to her age, and she would expect nothing less of the knight. In fact, she might’ve even had a distaste in her mouth if he had made special arrangements just solely based on her age. Jyora was not afraid to work hard, more if power could only be achieved through strength, she would not hesitate to improve hers.

She was to be shaped and molded into a weapon that could be used as the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance, and Jyora had no problems with that. She had heard plenty of these peace-loving force users and it was not something that she even knew was capable of. She heard that they even have no emotions because of something in the Jedi code. What’s even a life like that like? The thought of constructing a lightsaber and having one she can call her own excited her. Jyora was then asked what she knew of the force. “I know that the force is an energy that dwells within all living beings. Those that were sensitive to it could use it to their advantage. I know that there is the light and dark side of the force, and it is the dark side that we have chosen to aligned ourselves with.”

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom